LunaticScreamer plays FE7if

LunaticScreamer

no timez :c

My thoughts exactly for CT. As for if, i find if to be just GENERIC VANILLA STORY WHILE YOU ARE FORCED TO USE OP CHARACTERS AND NO OTHER DEVIATION WHATSOEVER WHILE DIFFICULTY INCREASES EXPONENTIALLY

We're Americans, the story is in Japanese, therefore there is no story. plz dnt sue

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Morning update time and boy is it going to be good for a couple people in my army that are basically dead weights at this point.

[spoiler=ch26: Promotions all around!]

LanhMnv.png

Eliwood, who's basically been a dead weight since chapter 20 or so, uses some Dragonshield power to cap out his defense in preparation for my strategy this map.

fZejMGq.png

Finally, a Heaven's Seal. Eliwood can promote now, but there's a little secret about that item which I'll mention in a bit.

3BAuV5r.pngH9AhBEr.png

First off though, we have some new party members joining the team. First up is a very familiar face, Alice. No longer a green army member, she can now be given commands by you.

While she seems weak right now due to not doubling many enemies, if any, and weak attack power, don't let that fool you. She is, by far, one of the most broken characters in this hack once she gets her other weapons. All this on a character with stat caps of 25 across the board besides the usual 60 hp & 30 luck caps.

Oh yeah...that hp of hers? It's actually getting boosted by 20 from her weapon. Yeah, this hack effectively raises your max hp limit with endgame caliber weaponry.

Growth wise, pretty solid across the board as you'd expect.

Of course, Alice knew that she'd be in trouble coming alone.

l5SxsY9.pngdGDaGtk.png

The solution? Bring some backup that can actually fight half decently. This girl goes by the name Elina and she's an expert with swords. Simple as that. Her personal weapon as seen here boosts her speed by 3, luck by 5, and has the brave effect, making it Elina's go to weapon when she wants to lay down some damage on her target.

Growth wise...usual new character high end growths. Only skill is low (45%).

svOQg8N.png

Well now, this isn't good. Lots of spellcasters to the west. How about to the east?

dYguTPo.png

That's not much better honestly. Still, maybe I could kill the boss and end things here.

However, that's a bad idea for two reasons. First, this boss can actually join later on so killing her now would put a stop to that.

GWnSe3O.pngCe8pqLT.pngWfufZkQ.png

Though, to be perfectly honest, you're not going to be killing her with any level of ease. Her name's Vaida and, well, look at those stats. I think that's reason enough for why she isn't going down, even if her weapon is so heavy that she's taking a -7 AS.penalty wielding it. Also take note of her Delphi Shield, removing a flyer's weakness to arrows and effective damage (Wyrmslayer included I think, but I'm not 100% sure on that so don't quote me on it).

Also, 12 move. Anyone in the death zone would do well to get out of it before the first player phase ends.

d1ANNRT.pngS0do9Wp.pngzQioZuK.png

While all that chatting was going on, Eliwood used a Heaven's Seal to promote. Solid stat boosts across the board plus two S-Ranks, meaning the lords are one of the rare instances your team gets to have multiple S-Ranks on a single unit.

EvBNKab.png

Did I mention Eliwood gets to use that other sword Marcus had on him finally? Because he can and...wait a minute, some of his stats seem a little high.

4r5uLiP.png

I believe Eliwood just vaulted from "dead weight" to "I will fuck you up so badly", wouldn't you all agree? All stats getting boosted by 5 is a thing and I love it since it means Eliwood can function pretty damned well on his own if the situation calls for it.

Anyways...you know the Heaven's Seal?

931Yi7J.png9sxCvTO.png

It can be used twice. Those defensive gains are a huge boon to Lyn as she needs every bit of it. The inherent boost to her crit rate also helps as does being able to use bows (S rank bows too mind you).

DY9AUbE.png

Anyways, Heath & Meredia have rescued Lyn & Hector, bringing them back over the mountains and getting help from Ninian, Bartre, and Dorcas in getting them dropped safely. Canas in the meantime decides to pester this General with a blast of Eclipse.

Bm7Z9Vo.png

The east team has a problem, this Swordmaster. Fast as all fucking hell and CHRIST THAT CRIT RATE. Hawkeye doesn't go through with this action, but rather attacks the female Sniper with his Brave Axe while standing next to the mountains, allowing Ash to come in and land a hit on the Swordmaster (and somehow not get critted in return, despite the chance being 73%).

That male Sniper to the right of Hawkeye? Don't get used to his presence because he got wiped off the board quite quickly by Katt, Sistina, and Isadora.

lqXCAUX.png

Turn 2 begins. The Swordmaster went after Hawkeye and managed to crit him twice I think, but even after taking some other hits, Hawkeye still lived with 5 hp, getting healed up by Priscilla right away.

Also, Ash decided to largely invalidate this Swordmaster by critting, bringing him to critical hp and made an easy kill for someone else to get as a result.

goa62hx.png

Hawkeye still has his Halberd as he demonstrates by wiping this Nomad out with a critical.

AlpFl7x.png

Situation at the end of turn 2. Alice & Elina have been shuttled south past the mountains, meaning Heath is running off to his next objective which is to visit the village in the southwest.

oJpfxXt.png

Of course, SOME people forgot how to dodge. Three times did this screen come up with RNG rigging until...

Gyjjruh.png

That's more like it, thank you.

9CQmkxX.png

Meanwhile, Eliwood is still on the north side of the mountains where he'll be sitting for the rest of the chapter. His super weapon basically makes him damn near invincible against any flyers that crash into him (and they will considering they like to group up at the large castle in the north before moving south).

tgJHJGQ.png

Though, on the next player phase, he'd just rather humiliate this Falcoknight by critting with his Lancereaver.

Surprisingly enough, Eliwood can defend quite damned well with a Lancereaver. Two thirds of the flyers have nothing but lances equipped. Those that don't, well, Eliwood can tank the damage. If his health falls too low (Which it never does during the chapter), he has Elixirs to heal himself up.

3azWdi4.png

Meanwhile, the Brigand that attacked Ninian falls to the combined strength of a few units.

XgehoQM.png

Horseslayer, effective on Eliwood. He only takes 1 damage if it connects. Dude just doesn't give a fuck.

L4xyu6p.png

And now he cares even less.

HJcsbft.pngFwN651U.pngJ8dHUEY.png

Here comes the pain. The flyers that get a turn while next to Eliwood will almost certainly dive south to attack the group there. Luckily the line I have means nobody super squishy gets nuked. Hell, Merlinus makes good bait for that matter. Decent evasion, enough hp & defense to take a few hits.

WCXAaw2.png

You'd think this Physic user would be more annoying, but in all honesty, she does this only one more time during this course of this chapter.

BFMZTrF.png

Murder time!

g3oI5Wn.png

Heath finally gets to that village, picking up the always useful Hammerne staff. Has 5 uses and will repair a weapon or staff to full durability. I do believe I have a staff that triggers a glitch on fog of war maps that could benefit from a recharge...

TxVsOU0.pngpsVka8S.pngp9FcTPc.pngzymju26.pngzymju26.png

More murder as the number of enemy flyers in the vicinity diminish.

Iss7KB9.pngIFW09XS.pngX3JaOdw.png

Sometimes, the murder on a target requires two units. Just means that enemy gets beaten up even more before its inevitable death.

RCRpBBz.png

Katt's made her way up here now so she can help weaken or kill any flyers.

FwzpN79.png

Remind me again why enemies still insist on using the Javelin? It's heavy as sin and makes you prone to getting doubled by anyone as Sistina demonstrates here with a crit & normal hit. Too many other ranged units in the vicinity means this dingbat does not survive to the next enemy phase.

hL9MUG5.png

You'd be surprised to know that Eliwood has gotten maybe one or two kills in his task of harassing the incoming flyers. He gets ~20-25 exp per battle so he'll get a few levels before everything's all said & done.

lbB6JVF.pngbkVhBBJ.png

Theme of the enemy phase more or less.

5WpnpM9.pngQ4PmVhg.png

An instant kill and a level from Legault. Haven't seen that for awhile from him.

ZlUF7U5.png

Hawkeye heads here and uses a Vulnerary. There's another large batch of flyers en route and I don't want Ninian getting attacked on two sides.

LKQbXIx.png

Still dodging well after that snafu early in the map.

MLanus7.png

This guy must be so happy that he got a crit. Too bad he's attacking Canas and doing 0 damage, heh.

SIw2M86.png

Eliwood has a couple spellcasters heading his way so equips his super sword to prepare (and I think nails one of the flyers next to him).

QLXxyOU.png

This Druid thinks he can get away without being killed. Not on Elina's watch sadly.

kS33XF4.png1xupXSD.png

Eliwood is basically invincible right now unless the enemy got smart and rescued Vaida to put her in range of him. Enemies aren't smart though.

Y6jQvRt.png

Lyn might not be the strongest arm around, but having a third bow user is invaluable for the sheer number of flyers present in this chapter.

2p77AEv.png

Another day, another skewered Brigand for Legault.

X1Vb9vE.png

Really, the map is pretty much over with around this point as I can easily fend off whatever waves of flyers come across the mountains.

7vVah5k.png

Eliwood, for the record, still hasn't needed to use a single Elixir. He's just that good right now.

MvK5ngj.png

For only the second time this chapter, the Physic dingbat acts.

JQOyEo8.png

Strength!

WhoddOf.png

If you're wondering where Heath's been in all this, he's standing guard at the southwest, having every flyer that wants to attack him end up do 0 damage as a result because the Wyrmslayer is awesome. This Falcoknight even gets to attack twice for 0 damage (This was its second hit).

03MfsE1.png

More strength!

zQxAZ0O.png

Still more flyers getting ripped apart. Alice does the honors here with a crit out of nowhere.

lUtWoRH.png

Eliwood's last level for the chapter caps his speed and makes him even stronger.

b4Kcirn.png

Oh yeah, Meredia hasn't been factoring into this fight much, mostly because she's been completely shaming the southeastern corner of reinforcements. When she gets a critical in three straight player phases, it certainly helps things. If she fails to get a crit though, the enemy is still dead because she's the only one in range and thusly will suicide into her.

HU6mQHP.png

Oh no, Ninian took a hit, whatever will I do with multiple healers nearby to patch her up?

0HWIyiR.png

Last turn. Everything's in the bag at this point, just have to have anyone close to a level grab a target and murder if the chance is present.

LiX5jDF.png

Heath, for example, offs a Wyvern Lord to cap defense.

QCiQuRn.png

While Hawkeye doesn't murder, he does get a good level.

kMGeT5B.png

Lyn does murder though and gets a defensive level up.

K1dpR27.png

After one last and largely boring enemy phase, the chapter is finally over.

Death Count: Bartre (1), Rebecca (1), Matthew (2), Guy (1), Dorcas (2), Isadora (1), Priscilla (3), Merlinus (1), Katt (1), Canas (1), Lowen (1), Hector (1), Ninian (3)

Next time: A filler chapter more or less!

[spoiler=Growths & Comments (Alice, Elina)]

Alice's growths:

Hp: 85% Luk: 60%

Str: 70% Def: 45%

Skl: 60% Res: 55%

Spd: 60%

Alice does have a rough beginning, but once you can feed her some levels, she can and will bring on the pain, especially when her broken as hell weapons start appearing.

Elina's growths:

Hp: 90% Luk: 60%

Str: 60% Def: 55%

Skl: 45% Res: 60%

Spd: 55%

New character, solid growths. Same old boring drivel I've said about every new character before this. Predictable? You bet it is!

Time for another update!

[spoiler=ch27: Clusterfuck III: Snowy Edition]

YCOPr0I.png

Alice is going to get some mad training in this chapter. She has a very important task to perform in a few chapters and I need her as close to maximum power as she can get.

ZpyLIhT.png

I don't actually go through with this action on this turn for reasons you'll see very soon, but there's a snowstorm going on at the moment, greatly reducing the movement of damn near every unit on the field. The only ones who don't get restricted by it?

caKexmO.png

Flyers! Meredia & Heath rush forward to disrupt a trio of them. Heath decides to just rip the first one he sees apart.

D5WNpgb.png

Canas though goes through with that unlocking action this time around once the snowstorm lifts, finding four random spellcasters with their leader here packing a Bolting tome. Hawkeye kills this asshole before he has a chance to do anything.

Now, why would I open the door to this group? Shouldn't I just leave it alone until the reinforcements die down?

Not quite. After roughly 10 turns a unit appears on the map that can be recruited. For my purposes, I need at least four doors opened by that time.

s1OUhW5.png

Isadora spikes a random spellcaster to reduce the damage Hawkeye's going to take on the next enemy phase.

cWCQ8IF.png

Bartre drops a flyer with arrow power, getting some resistance in the process.

MbwxrDE.png

Eliwood contributes to the rapidly dwindling flyer population for a level himself.

SZWNSJW.png

Ok, maybe rushing my flyers out here when spellcasters & bow people are around wasn't the best idea. He dodged a killshot among all that chaos.

Also, note the counter in the upper right. I've killed roughly a half dozen enemies, yet the counter is 47. Tons of enemies on this maps with plenty more coming as reinforcements.

YAENZIx.png

More enemy spellcaster killings net Isadora a quick level.

6UHWiMb.png

At this stage of the game, if you're getting a 0% hit rate against someone, it's time to rethink your life's choices. Katt does so with a critical staff whack to the face.

9XeHRA3.png

Some of the enemies will fork over Door Keys when defeated. Not that I really need these since the spares lying in my storage were distributed well enough so I can get at least four doors open.

oEyjqUG.png

Priscilla patches up Heath after his near death experience.

PxuefXv.png

Canas enjoys pestering people like this Nomad Trooper with his Eclipse hijinks.

lCA1rNj.png

Bartre makes said Nomad Trooper disappear with more Brave Bow usage.

WHhKROp.png

Spear spinning at its finest!

Zh4jc3O.png

Still cleaning up the spellcasters from the first opened room.

Z1g2rkc.png

Eliwood's done his job of opening the 2nd door up north. No worries about the large group of spellcasters in his presence since he has his super sword equipped to tear them apart.

8ieq42e.png7a45jeN.png

Priscilla keeps the hp flowing for near dead units. She even gets a good level out of the deal.

vxn0CAT.png

Heath opens door #3 with a group of other units on their way to door #4 (the building to the east of Meredia).

CnHoc0b.png

Meredia heals herself up after having to block for a turn against enemy bow users. Katt's going to go where she was in the previous screenshot to keep the enemy bow users from getting through until everyone else files into the southeast corner.

ZeKgRDG.png

Several spellcasters try to attack Eliwood during the enemy phase. It doesn't end well for a few of them as he caps strength on a level up.

igMQkKh.png

Some spellcasters have...trouble landing their strikes.

5U32SYO.png

Ok, LOTS of trouble. Thanks to an Eclipse shot from Canas beforehand, Meredia drops the guard of the fourth door.

VKrrJzj.png8vlgLCN.png

With the fourth door opened, I need Heath to block for a turn there until Alice can get herself into position. As such, she takes Heath's weapons off him.

xxQ8jdC.png

Since the snowstorm started back up again and there's several flyers on the way over, Eliwood, Bartre, and Dorcas are going to form the rearguard, keeping everyone else safe until they can file into the southeastern corner.

40QuTe9.png

Stop using Javelins you idiots! You're going to get doubled otherwise.

BpsB4P5.png

Flyers keep falling and levels keep coming in.

mc05EgG.png

Rearguard is formed and working at optimum levels.

6MXtux3.png

This is what Alice is going to be doing for basically the rest of the mission. She may only be plinking away for a few points of damage a shot, but she wouldn't get very much experience for an actual kill so doing low damage like this is actually best for grinding her up.

cf6cVim.png

Priscilla keeping the rearguard healthy as per her usual duties.

pV3yE30.png6IROZ1Z.pngiV6V6WN.pngmUATJ8e.png

Finally, the results of opening those four doors bears fruit as...Karla appears? Interesting.

Anyways, Lyn's in range to recruit her right away.

Karla's a beast, plain and simple. Her entire gimmick is to pull off criticals like they were going out of style and her weapons certainly support that plan. The lowest crit on her three starting weapons is 30 which should give you an idea of how deadly she is.

As for her two personal weapons, the one she starts out equipped with boosts her defense by 5 and is 1-2 range. The one below it boosts her speed by 5, but is only 1-1 range. Still, she can play much the same kind of game that Sistina does, equipping whatever stat boosting sword she wants depending on how she wants to defend in an upcoming enemy phase.

Her growths? Not nerfed, but buffed to new character-esque levels. As in "FE7if wants you to use her" type of levels.

As for who you get if you open less than four doors, it'll be Harken (though I believe he appears as an enemy unit). I'll talk about him in the growths report at the end.

thWnfDS.png

With the snowstorm gone again, I take this chance to fully secure the southeastern corner.

TqDqsV1.png

Lancereaver against an attacking Paladin with a Steel Axe? Oh dear. Not like anything else can really touch Eliwood at this point though.

RqaayF8.png

And my plan worked perfectly. Katt's now going to stand guard while Alice slowly grinds herself up.

ZFr4n63.png

Of course, two Brigands get to move before every other enemy and they do too much damage at a high enough hit rate for my tastes. Katt corrects this before giving her weapons away to someone.

sV0kUax.png

And who stands before Katt? An idiot Paladin who can't hit her with any of his weapons, that's who!

hc34zJp.pngyVvujm2.pnguRa2gOH.pngrOwYzFZ.pngOHzVhut.pngBOcncJB.pngu5oTh9g.png5JOFMrp.png

Stats of everyone that got involved in training as shown by the last level each one got during the corner stay.

XZoiKXQ.png

Man these pileups are getting bigger and bigger, heh.

tq5oKaZ.png7EnpLcH.png4ZadZYt.pngfEV8S8Z.png

While supports are getting built up, Eliwood shuttles Legault around the map to loot some chests. The Hero Crest just screams crap besides some chump change at this point, but everything else will be useful (Bolting, Physic, Talisman).

yEWRwy9.png

In preparation for the next chapter, I have Priscilla burn a charge of the Hammerne staff to bring the Torch staff back to full strength. Each use of the Hammerne staff is worth 100 exp, hence why she got this level. She broke her streak of gaining hp like mad, but more defense is not bad at all.

8jG3ect.pngn7NDw49.png

Hawkeye's prepared and opens the door to find...an army of sword users. Everyone except the boss is using a Lancereaver. Hawkeye is using an axe. This is ending well for them, wouldn't you say?

4NKuacd.pngAFHBjYm.png

Boss is pathetic for the most part. Just hope you don't get a random insta kill to end a party member's day.

pz63iIv.pngMjoHTCU.png

Hawkeye ends the boss in the same fashion half of the Lancereaver fashion went out. He gets a level, two Red Gems, and a Dragonshield for his efforts as the chapter comes to a close.

Death Count: Bartre (1), Rebecca (1), Matthew (2), Guy (1), Dorcas (2), Isadora (1), Priscilla (3), Merlinus (1), Katt (1), Canas (1), Lowen (1), Hector (1), Ninian (3)

Next time: The last hurrah of the Torch staff glitch!

[spoiler=Growths & Comments (Karla, Harken)]

Karla's growths:

Hp: 85% Luk: 70%

Str: 60% Def: 45%

Skl: 60% Res: 55%

Spd: 50%

Karla starts out pretty good and only gets better. Basically, it's the same drivel said about special/new characters like before more or less. Just wait for that skill to cap and watch the magic happen with her insane crit rate and good support options to further boost that.

Harken's growths:

Hp: 70% Luk: 25%

Str: 40% Def: 55%

Skl: 50% Res: 40%

Spd: 45%

Harken's not bad per se, but Karla just blows him out of the water in terms of effectiveness in combat. That's not to say he's useless as he can be good if you're doing a no special/new characters run if he's given a use of the Afa's Drops to boost his growths up to more effective levels.

As for his con, he sits at 12. Not bad at all, but could stand to get a Body Ring use or two if he plans to use axes in any sort of high end fashion.

d1ANNRT.pngS0do9Wp.pngzQioZuK.png

While all that chatting was going on, Eliwood used a Heaven's Seal to promote. Solid stat boosts across the board plus two S-Ranks, meaning the lords are one of the rare instances your team gets to have multiple S-Ranks on a single unit.

This is actually one of the things I took from FE7CM, until I realized just allowing anyone to have multiple S ranks was badass. (Holy shit those goddamn promo bonuses)

Also, FE7if bans arenas, I took that idea from them as well.

Edited by Klokinator

This is actually one of the things I took from FE7CM, until I realized just allowing anyone to have multiple S ranks was badass. (Holy shit those goddamn promo bonuses)

Also, FE7if bans arenas, I took that idea from them as well.

I dunno about Multiple S ranks, but Pupil 3 Ewan with all 3 Magics mastered is something I need to see.

Arena ban? Nubz. Though that just adds to the troll.

I remember, I've played this rom hack, I completed it thanks to the power of savestates. It was a pain in the ass but I did it. You are going to love Lloyd's chapter.

With the must talk to wolf bullshit, and Lloyd moving.

But holy crap, you know your stuff, I didn't know half of what you know. The only thing I knew was that "original" characters is a must use, but besides that ? Nothing.

From what I've seen, the plot was changed, but I don't know much about Japanese, so...

I remember, I've played this rom hack, I completed it thanks to the power of savestates. It was a pain in the ass but I did it. You are going to love Lloyd's chapter.

With the must talk to wolf bullshit, and Lloyd moving.

But holy crap, you know your stuff, I didn't know half of what you know. The only thing I knew was that "original" characters is a must use, but besides that ? Nothing.

From what I've seen, the plot was changed, but I don't know much about Japanese, so...

Yeah, it's a lovely bullshit moment, but I have just the counter to that, trust me.

Morning update time!

[spoiler=ch28-28x: Last Torch Glitch Use & The Purple Water Incident]

9wpWCPd.png

Well, let's not waste any time in thinking about what I did here. Sadly, this will be the last time I likely use the glitch since I'd like to do the final fog of war chapter without any glitch abuse, but until then...free Physic staff & Swordreaver. The former is going to get some serious use next chapter.

JB4ISo1.png

Of course, I take any chance a unit can to kill defenseless enemies. Lyn grabs this level killing one.

Q9MPvGv.png

Same goes for Eliwood.

hC5sPye.png

Ahahaha, how does it feel Ms. Boss to have your prized siege tome swiped from you and used for my own devilish ways?

You might notice something very important about the stats of this Bolting tome...for whatever reason, it has 3-15 range. You bet your ass I'm going to abuse this when it becomes relevant, heh.

Also, the boss had an Iron Rune, capable of telling critical hits to go fuck off. This can basically make Canas into a godly tank, shoring up his one and only weakness.

o37LP4l.pngdOTusfl.png

Let's talk about how this map goes down in fair play for a bit. Your primary goal is to protect this weak dingbat for 15 turns. Yeah, he sucks and the first thing that reaches him is going to probably own his ass. Doubly so when there are some Swordreaver using Fighters in the area.

If I were playing fair, this would be the first map I'd break out the Warp staff for use, sending some strong units like Katt & Alice over to provide protection for him.

wdPPWvd.png8pPBkRS.pngBk8n4ET.png

Gaining access to the gaiden chapter takes some work. First order of business is to recruit this girl known as Nino.

Nino is motherfucking finally a COMPETENT pure Anima magic user unlike Erk's useless ass. Yeah, her durability is equivalent to a wet paper towel on the physical side of things, but good lord can she bring on the murder once her levels start pouring in.

While that con looks horrible, her current tome, Excalibur is the name I believe, only slows her down by -2 AS which gets mitigated by the +5 all stats boost. Also, it's effective on flyers, meaning if she crits, that flyer is likely dead on the spot unless said flyer was a Falcoknight, but even then, it'd be severely crippled. All this on a level 5 unit by the way.

As for her growths? Her lowest are in luck (40%) and defense (50%). The rest are 75% or greater. She doesn't have a promotion, but she doesn't need it with those kind of growths.

Anyways, Isadora comes by to shuttle Nino to the west to satisfy the second part of this gaiden requirement.

FGfEGfI.png

Pretty much done with Torch staff abuse so it's time to kill the friendly Mercenary who helped trigger it.

uXaWiuR.png1EcK7kW.png

Legault raiding the first treasure room nets two useful items. On the left is the polar opposite of the Warp staff. Known as the Rescue staff, this one brings a unit from up to (user's magic / 2) squares away to an adjacent square by the caster.

The other item is what Vaida was using before, the Delphi Shield, removing the weakness to arrows and any effective damage like that from Nino's Excalibur.

vLkyJxG.png

...Welp! I thought those Thieves wouldn't come in with the mini boss on the stairs. Luckily, I had Canas working some more brief Torch glitch staff goodness so only this was stolen (The Thieves were going first in the enemy turn order and I couldn't get Canas over there fast enough to fire the glitch off from there). Luckily, I have four people in range who can nuke the Thief and get the Brave Lance back.

WcI0UWE.pngTZ6rrAF.pngVwEB2Rc.png

And that's the second part of the gaiden requirement fulfilled as Nino chats with...Limstella? Well ok then!

As you can probably tell, Limstella got into some early scuffles, either by enemies going first in the turn order and suiciding on her or Limstella choosing a target for instant death more or less. While she's still a green unit here, she joins formally once you begin chapter 28x.

Stat wise, she's pretty capable of holding her own...at first. You see, if you're playing fair here, lots of promoted units start pouring in from the southwest and Limstella isn't quite good enough to simply fend them off. This is where Katt & Alice would go after ensuring the dingbat useless prince is going to be safe, reinforcing her until more help gets there on foot.

As for her growths, it's the typical high end affair with a stronger bias towards skill, speed, and luck.

Oh yeah, Limstella has three S ranks. Those are light, dark, and staves, meaning Limstella can be an effective attacker or a staffbot, depending on your situation.

LsAhdlV.png7Y1APMd.png

Last treasures collected. The Brave Lance got lifted from the now dead Thief, but those Boots are awesome, boosting the move of whomever uses them by 2. One use only though.

With this, it's just waiting around until the chapter ends. If memory serves me right, this is where you'd get your second Heaven Seal in vanilla. What does FE7if decide to give you since both of your non main character lords are promoted?

Xq8OjVZ.png

I approve! This is the Fortify staff, healing everyone up to (user's magic / 2) squares away for (user's magic + 10) hp. It doesn't heal the caster, but that's fine because this is useful for when you don't feel like using other staves to patch up.

Chapter 28x time!

CLhmfAO.pngK99zypc.png

Nino gets a use of the Afa's Drops because her growths aren't absurd enough yet. She also gets the Iron Rune & six Angelic Robe uses. The former covers for her against critty enemies while the latter allows her to take a hit, maybe two, against physical heavy enemies. That'll change the more her defense rises.

With that out of the way, I have just one thing to say.

pHGmZa1.pngEUdjtmp.png

I'm pretty sure Assassins can't ever steal again. If that's the case, then why does this 24 speed Wyvern Lord have a Blue Gem that doesn't drop on death?

ifOFe1D.png

Also, enemies cheating with their level. Jerks.

UvicaaU.png0l8qkWK.png

What happens when you have four spellcasters capable of firing off siege tome strikes? Besides Nino getting a level (Had her whack the mini boss from chapter 28 a couple time so she'd be close to a level up), this Sniper dies horribly, taking out one of the big threats to me early on.

So, I'll be honest here...I hate this map. Not because of FE7if making it extremely bullshitty, but because IntSys made the gimmick here a pain in the ass to deal with. Basically, paths will disappear & reappear around the map for ~25-30 turns.

Know what I say to that disappear & reappear crap? I'll just keep my entire team parked on the STARTING platform until that crap dies down.

rXEmoQH.png

And here's the other major threat. One of the Sages in the corner there has a Bolting.

3wBAiyy.png

Like so. So long as it doesn't crit, Dorcas (who was the target here) will survive.

There were also a few Falcoknights to the south. The Steel Lance one attacked Hawkeye. The other two?

HbN49cq.pngs6yb6Ea.pnguFldOB4.png

Fucks given by Nino: 0. Now with even more magic casting powers!

p3HDBYN.png

Another threat, but less so, mostly because I have four people that could use the Restore staff to fix a...16% chance that hit. Gee thanks RNG!

neGyi4V.pngb5joAKm.png

Next player phase has Nino finishing off the last of the initial Falcoknight brigade, getting another level for herself. If you haven't noticed, she gets a TON of exp for either a hit or a kill. Just a simple hit gives her around 30-40 exp and double that if she scores a kill.

j76cS1W.png

Since all my spellcasters used their turns up, Dorcas uses a Vulnerary to get some health back.

8hncYe0.pngHFDvwiZ.pngSYOYo8A.png

Not much happened on the next enemy phase. Eliwood is standing guard to the north to keep some enemies off the rest of the team's back while Dorcas survives another Bolting blast. Limstella also got targeted by the Silence staff jerk, but she dodged the spell.

XiOH9Aa.png

Signs you REALLY need to rethink your life's choices: Canas is doubling you with an ECLIPSE tome!

Q14nXuN.png

Then he crits your ass with the first of two hits, bringing you down to 6 hp after the second hit lands.

72uXjEp.pngqRB0gAw.png

Finally, a little murder machine girl fries you the rest of the way. With a crit no less. I would suggest a new job in your future afterlife Mr. Sage.

s7TYii4.png

Lyn comes up to give Eliwood some ranged support.

UIAyUSr.png

A Paladin begins to attack Eliwood with the man himself gaining a level in the blow exchange. Said Paladin is more or less the only threat damage wise to Eliwood up here.

FxIbgrG.png

Eliwood does need some semi-frequent heals due to the damage the Paladin is doing to him.

847fnQZ.png

Katt's still a dodgy little motherfucker, that's for damn sure.

Mu0IQaA.png

Physic's really good for building up anyone's level, even those at high levels like Limstella here.

1psP2E8.pngOLIuILA.pngTNV7MVn.png

The next phase of the map begins when, for a few turns, a pair of Wyvern Riders & a Wyvern Lord pour in from the south. The first group of them all decided for whatever stupid reason to attack Alice on the next enemy phase. What you see here is how the lives of those three idiots were snuffed out. Yes, she did double crit the Wyvern Lord.

bQBcL05.png

Oh, and I suppose there was a Pirate that got weakened on the enemy phase by someone else. Alice decides to crit this one too on the next player phase, even though she didn't need to do that.

YyrQMqF.png

Priscilla's healing duties finally max her out.

e3yJwdK.png

Meanwhile, Eliwood has finally taken out that silly Paladin.

8nScw6a.png

Well, ain't this lovely. Due to new paths appearing, the Berserk asshole can come in to annoy. Sadly for him I have a spellcaster on hand to remove that status.

hLu5R3t.png

Nino nukes another flyer, gets another level. The usual for her really.

29UzKTW.png

Lyn caps strength as she engages in an arrow match with a female Nomad.

5OkhJHE.png

Pictured: The Berserk asshole having some very misguided priorities in using up the last charge of said staff.

ikOEoI9.pngiMcGxGM.pngiTcxAXN.png

The usual player phase level dump. While Eliwood's levels seem meager, all he can gain at this point is hp, luck, or resistance.

SOSetXr.png

Another player phase, another Nino level.

tR5D6I3.png

Flyers are starting to swarm again.

hlJVosB.png

Not that Hawkeye really cares mind you.

8PP2EUE.png

Luck cap for Eliwood. If you're attentive to detail...Eliwood can't move because the path he was on disappeared and he was in the middle of it. Only Hawkeye can really bring him back, but he's busy contributing to another sharp drop in the flyer population of the map.

8PI5Ex0.png

Nino. Flyer nuked. Level.

9hHol2O.png

This is more or less the last major phase of reinforcements. Falcoknights from the northwest with Pirates coming into the east and, eventually, from the far east near the boss.

4GrJxJf.png

There isn't much to say about Nino's levels at this point.

ffSlvTN.png

A bit of a clusterfuck. Most of the flyers, for whatever reason, would rather attack Eliwood then some lower defense unit on the starting platform most of the time. I think they're scared of Nino. Can't say I blame them.

nx85m2K.png

Limstella: Still leveling up fast with her Physic staff.

hQJnq7s.png

Priscilla gets to murder something, a rarity given what she's been doing usually this map.

9VbAKLP.png

Katt's disrupting the ranks of the Pirates to the northeast, gaining a level in the process.

BcudxyE.png

Long range nukes!

7BnIgin.png

Melee range nukes too!

qrwaBKb.png

More Nino levels!

Ojgh70K.png

Fortify: For when you're too damned lazy to patch everyone up otherwise, even if the situation is stable reinforcement wise.

pW0qrWB.png

Nino finally rams into a stat cap, resistance.

ioCROTa.png

Roasted Pirate, tasty.

Szs1Foi.pngiycZxF5.png

Karla goes full stealth mode to kill this Pirate, getting exactly what she's looking for right now in a level up.

0wkXOEG.pngyzEygr0.pngxBOg5yh.pngJP2UQmN.png

Nino's last batch of levels as the reinforcements finally start drying up and paths begin to form allowing the team to move out...if they want.

XtZWIxk.png

You see, it may not look like it, but the boss does have Bolting +1 tome equipped (the 3-15 range siege tome). For whatever reason though, it does not show the threat range when it's equipped.

ecTkVma.png

Still some status using assholes around eh?

yWnmYnN.png

Alice does some light damage, getting some much needed defense in the process.

LHk9jlG.png

Limstella puts her Physic staff on overdrive move and gets a few levels topping everyone off (though only her last level gained in the spam is shown). Not a whole lot of magic, but her defense is ticking on up nicely.

ZJ1mTNJ.png

Gotta love a 0% crit rate Devil Axe hit.

OuZxDtH.png

Now then, since Hawkeye & Katt have shuttled enough people to the south, I can put my plan into action to get to the boss while she still has her siege tome equipped. To do that, Alice is luring out the first Wyvern Lord here as I want no distractions while killing the boss off.

ciaopHj.png

Limstella patches up Alice to get some more magic on top of other stats.

heFQYYp.png

She also drops the first Wyvern Lord guard.

vZP7lUz.pngxrKh59j.png

The other Wyvern Lord guard requires Eliwood to lure the fucker out.

sPOlfsm.png

Limstella once again curses a Wyvern Lord to its inevitable death.

TjlAZ5k.pngdDhewuQ.png

Alrighty, NOW I can bum rush forward and kill this boss. She's on a throne, so if she's switches to her Excalibur tome, her evasion is going to shoot through the stratosphere. Easily above 100 avoid, probably higher than 110 even.

Basically, I'm sending Hawkeye, Eliwood, Alice, and Limstella forward to drop her or at least remove a large portion of her hp before she switches to her Excalibur tome.

Also to take note of...bosses from here on out more often than not have an Iron Rune in their inventories, just to say fuck you from the fine authors of FE7if.

9FC2igk.png4pJiVnS.png

Hawkeye, Limstella, Eliwood, and Alice work together and drop the boss in a single round of combat. Limstella & Alice pick up levels.

CijujAf.png

I've also got to toss away a Door Key to make room for the Body Ring the boss dropped. Merlinus can't come along on this chapter for some silly reason.

EKWmJCH.png

Once Alice cleans out the last of the enemies, Legault gets to work opening up the four chests on the map before Hector seizes the throne. In total, he gets some Speedwings, a Fenrir tome, another lovely 3 use ring I'll probably never use until the end, and a Recover staff.

Next time: How I counter FE7if's latest brand of bullshit! Also, Hector gets to not suck eggs anymore!

[spoiler=Growths & Comments (Nino, Limstella)]

Nino's growths:

Hp: 75% Luk: 40%

Mag: 80% Def: 50%

Skl: 75% Res: 90%

Spd: 75%

Nino is absurdly good if you're willing to take some time to grind her up. Just make sure she isn't going to be turned to sludge by any nearby physical attackers and she'll do just fine.

Limstella's growths:

Hp: 90% Luk: 70%

Mag: 55% Def: 50%

Skl: 65% Res: 35%

Spd: 65%

Another special/new character. Three S ranks with one of them being in staves? She's good, simple as that, but there's a little catch. You see, she has an automatic A support with Nino (and vice versa of course). If she dies in combat, Nino will disappear too. I would reckon it's the same for Limstella if Nino dies.