LunaticScreamer plays FE7if

LunaticScreamer

Time for part 1 of the finale!

[spoiler=Final Chapter Part 1: It's Almost Over!!!]

FfY2z9a.pngjjeXtSs.png

Starting off while getting my last minute preparations together, we've got Athos here joining for the final battles. Granted, his base 23 speed after weapon weight penalties screws him out of any decent level of combat coupled with that hp, but that's not what he's going to be doing. He's here to take over primary healing duties, allowing Limstella to take a more offensive role than usual.

If that wasn't enough, Athos packs four ultimate weapons. The tome is for Limstella, the bow is for Lyn (2-3 range bow!), the axe for Hector, and the sword for Eliwood. The usual +20 max hp & +5 all stats deal from them.

Before you go into the final battle, make sure you have everything you want off of Merlinus. He's not able to join for this final battle. A shame considering what I could have possibly Torch glitch'd at the end.

1yr1MtN.png

First half of the final chapter isn't to be taken lightly. You need to defeat all the enemies in this first area before the gates leading to Nergal open up and the enemies won't go down lightly. See all those Snipers along with Uhai in the southeast corner? Capped everything, +5 all stats weapons. Dangerous, but we're able to match that thankfully.

X6qQzWn.png

Don't think the north is devoid of enemies. Quite the opposite. In the northwest corner lies Kenneth and an Excalibur Sage.

Jju9eXK.pngOf54Cbw.png

Ideally, clearing out as much of the south as you can is best so you can have some breathing room to deal with the forces from the north.

dLPyOPB.png

Milia's idea? Bum rush the northeastern enemies and wipe this Paladin out with a critical & normal hit. Her defenses are plenty good enough to take several hits.

67sO1hx.png

Hector's a beast, plain and simple.

132YJWX.png

Oh yeah, every boss is going to have an Iron Rune on hand if you thought there were going to be any critical prone easy boss kills to grab.

otpqwFc.png

Limstella's ultimate weapon is basically orbital bombardments from heaven.

v9JDC5r.png

Turn 1 ended about as well as I could've hope for. Most of the enemies wasted time with Alice & Milia up north while a couple others went for some of my other units to little or no success. Hell, Hector critted the General that attacked him on the enemy phase, a feat that only had a 4% chance of happening.

wQASpwa.png

Of course, any enemies not using an Iron Rune are subject to criticals as Hawkeye does here, putting this Paladin near death.

7RdvkOC.png

Of course, there's still a couple people that can get levels. Legault caps luck & defense finishing off the Paladin.

y01MgzD.png

A combined effort from Sistina, Ash, Nino, Lyn, and Katt take down Uhai.

njfd2Vv.pngPEjJzD6.png

Fucks given by Alice & Milia being near a half dozen enemies: 0!

CyVyqNt.png

Karla picks up a kill too.

xLVoAXH.png

Pictured: What Athos does right before two thirds of the enemy phases begin.

gFBlz79.png

Good choice of target to attack Mr. Sniper! Nino crits him in the face as payment for his good choice.

HnaSsL4.png

Turn 3 begins with Eliwood almost dead because five enemies, including Kenneth, attacked him. You can't take this chapter lightly or you can almost lose characters like this.

lkEFKlN.pngvLomJZu.png

Turn 3 also opens up two more doors, revealing two more bosses. In the west is a Warrior & Jerme while the east has a General & Darin. You'll want someone tanky for Jerme's building because the Warrior has a souped up Brave Bow equipped and that's going to hurt.

JSnPgni.png

Sistina causes earth shattering kabooms to happen, killing the Sniper in the southeast.

cVLeFcS.png

Lyn has her own brand of earth shattering kabooms available to crit & kill a Nomad Trooper that poisoned Eliwood.

A2An6Ia.png

Kenneth's day ended quite quickly when Alice & Milia double teamed him.

AJW9PxH.png

Eliwood decides on overkill for a poor Valkyrie.

A few more random enemies dying and another enemy phase comes & goes. Karla is in Jerme's building while Legault is holding off Darin. Both take some good chunks of damage, but are otherwise ok.

fodHKKs.png

Ash, Katt, and Sistina prepare for the inevitable opening of the southwestern building. Nino's here too, but she's going to stick outside and fling siege tome shots to pester enemies.

w9LaGWO.pngsL5qdpw.png

Female Falcoknights = Still Assholes! Luckily, this is the only one to worry about.

4XwIk6s.png

Takes about five characters, but said asshole Falcoknight gets taken out.

jDB1eBg.png

More dead enemies!

UnpszCg.png

Meredia's ultimate weapon is pretty good for letting her snipe & pester just about any random enemy unit she wants.

guEBDft.pngIvoAnXu.pngD3gESCS.png

Limstella gives Legault a hand in chipping down Darin while Athos is busy keeping everyone healthy. Nils then gives Athos another turn so he can add in some chip damage to Darin.

WfpQuw6.png

Beginning of turn 5 and Hector hands his Iron Rune over to Milia. She needs to go wall off the northeast building NOW. Why? Lloyd, Linus, and Brendan are there with a surprise.

uzXxryP.png

GOD

Z47tIN9.png

DAMNED

XIjr9fn.png

SUPPORT TRIANGLE!

Yeah, you NEED an Iron Rune for that trio or you're likely to get killed even attempting to defend against them if so much as one hit goes critical.

2vSrc1Q.png

Down in the southwest, there's Sonia who has an A support with Ursula who's also in the room. Iron Rune isn't as required here, but you don't want to underestimate either one of them. While Sonia has a very heavy as hell dark tome, she's going to hit HARD. We're talking at least 25-30 damage, even to capped resistance units.

5MMXkyO.png

Alice is taking over Karla's duties at Jerme's building. She's much better suited to dealing with him & the Warrior.

NTSih0n.png

Oh yeah, there was a Swordmaster remaining in the north, but a few units kicked his ass into next week.

kWYJ0YF.png

Speaking of things getting their ass kicked into next week, Darin gets to join the Swordmaster.

4GMAayB.png

Sonia then follows because having a heavy as hell tome kinda makes you prone to getting torn apart by Ash, Sistina, and Katt. Ash gets a good level here considering everything else is capped (And hp gets to join that club).

e4kolSU.png

Legault isn't so lucky, but he's helping Milia chip down Brendan.

7JcgNn2.png

And that's a bit of the support triangle broken up. There's still the A support between Lloyd & Linus though.

5qgZ1XH.png

Asshole. Good thing Legault was at full hp.

s1G5rgb.png

Fun fact: I had to rewind and redo a very small portion of a turn because I'm an idiot and forgot to heal Ash up from 19 hp so he kinda died like five times to Ursula before I decided RNG rigging wasn't going to happen. Always heal your units folks!

Also, Ash is holding my other Iron Rune because his luck is garbage.

aMI0VUq.png

Speaking of Ursula, she gets to catch the same train the rest of the bosses are taking into next week.

dqlzKbH.png

STOP CRITICALLING YOU IDIOT

s5XDlWy.pngAVmEJb3.png

Finally.

1rJZLry.png

Go away, thank you.

All of the enemies in the first half are dead, meaning the second part of the level opens up. What do we have behind door #7?

F5ElC45.png0WIsPHE.png

I believe my Restore staves are about to get another workout, wouldn't you all agree?

N617Rfo.png

Legault & Ash got hit with status effects, but Nils is going to lift sleep from Legault while Limstella cures Ash's berserk.

Also, there's no more berserk. Idiot came too far out, allowing Milia & Alice to crush him.

HUEq3mC.png

Reinforcements! There's also a half dozen new spellcasters up north. Milia & Alice should be able to slow them down while everyone else deals with this chucklefuck trio.

yBfKkIB.pngxPFph08.pngs8H6H4G.png

Doesn't take that long with a half dozen characters in the vicinity who can also take hits well.

xOAh3WU.png

Frontline is being kept healthy, especially Alice who's about to eat a hit from Nergal.

fWit3RH.pngTsWlMXM.png

With a bit of effort, the last of the chucklefuck spellcasters leave the stage, meaning only Nergal remains. Should be easy, right?

ZM1R9Ac.png01jA4Di.png

Wrong! FE7if basically amps up the stats of the final bosses to quite insane levels as Nergal shows here. Jesus fuck that 85 attack power! Also, an Iron Rune, but kinda worthless when 65 luck is going to basically snuff any criticals that can be dealt anyways.

Also...why does he have that sword that he can't use? FE7if can't even give him proper stuff he can use, ha!

And yet...he's going to be MUCH easier to drop than the next boss. Why?

xCS8s5b.png

Milia can solo Nergal.

So long as Athos heals her with Physic after each attack, she'll have no issues killing him, especially with her supports providing extra damage & hit rate (Hawkeye's partially covered by the battle screen here).

8uYiEIP.png

Just before taking out Nergal, I have Limstella repair the Fortify staff Athos is holding. I'm going to need it at full strength for the second half of the final chapter.

YB2ljtI.pngTiPndIs.png

How to cheese a super dodgy and powerful as fuck boss: A book by Milia.

hUbI8jC.png

All seems good and...uh, my memory of this part may be cloudy, but I don't think Nergal was supposed to be in this cutscene. Eh, whatever, I'm sure things are over with...

3RPknMV.pnghEXDLP8.png0Hqk5Wg.png

DAMMIT!!!

Death Count: Bartre (1), Rebecca (1), Matthew (2), Guy (1), Dorcas (2), Isadora (3), Priscilla (3), Merlinus (5), Katt (3), Canas (1), Lowen (1), Hector (2), Ninian (3), Legault (1), Milia (1), Ash (5)

Next time: FE7if's final fight!

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait, was Kenneth actually a summoner or did he just have a summoner sprite?

Anyways, can't wait for the FINAL BOSS!

Summoner sprite, nothing more.

And yeah, the final boss is...a thing. That's for damn sure. Once I go out for a walk and come back, I'm going to start taking screenshots for the second half of the finale and we should be all done with this hack sometime this afternoon.

Edited by LunaticScreamer

It's time to end this stupid journey, shall we?

[spoiler=Final Chapter Part 2: IT'S FINALLY OVER!!!]

Well, you saw everything that I have to deal with. First though...

nnXeW81.pngpdXiMgM.pngjVQo1Fq.png

Yeah I got nothing. Nergal, for whatever reason, decides to fight for good here. Sucks that his Ereshkigal tome got nerfed to a typical endgame weapon stat wise, but thankfully he's more combat capable than Athos. Still not doubling very often, but he can actually hit a target frequently and 80 hp combined with 35 in both defenses make him hard to take down.

Also...that sword. Might as well take a look at the stats.

cX7jUgm.png

Is that a star I see for weapon rank requirement? I suppose I'll just give it to Alice so she can hand it off to whomever can...

3dYk5MS.png

...Wow. Just fucking wow.

I don't know how they did it, but FE7if managed to make Alice even MORE broken than she already is. Seriously, she just got an extra +10 skl, +10 luk, +5 def, +5 res, and some minor amounts of Mt, Hit, and Crt compared to her last weapon. SERIOUSLY GAME, SHE DOESN'T NEED MORE POWER!

pGpzaTz.png

Anyways, now that we know FE7if fucking loves Alice too much, let's see what the final fight is like. As you can see, there are a ton of enemies. More or less, you're doing EVERYTHING you did in the first half, but all at once now. I really hope you can form a good defensive line to the south.

Why the south you say? The dragon doesn't move.

Think again. It does move and if you stay where you are, it will come in and probably roast an unsuspecting unit to death.

CRYucoM.png

Alice sure as fuck didn't need more power, but I'm not complaining. She fries this Linus.

hDnMhga.png

This Brendan falls soon after thanks to some crits going off.

xdDBVz1.png

Sistina gets another turn thanks to Nils and comes here to block off the western half of enemies. None of them have +5 all stats weaponry, but the Falcoknight can fly besides the stairs in the middle, thereby somehow not being penalized for move, and thusly swoop in to murder your squishies, namely Athos or Nils.

mfkR2Zd.pngJQc6uBh.png

Meredia gets the killing blow on this Lloyd, giving me better control of the stairs. Meanwhile, Athos is basically going to be using that Fortify at the end of each player phase, especially when the horde up north comes roaring. Luckily, the dragon will not move unless someone is in its range. Thus, as long as you're out of its range, you'll be fine.

HBnbuMB.png

Not much happens on the first enemy turn. The lower group of enemies for the most part swarm to Sistina except for a Druid who went after Isadora. Sistina continues wearing down the Falcoknight.

85wb696.png

Alrighty, time to form the defensive line to push back the northern forces. Milia sits here and bitchslaps this Uhai.

kVAiZYm.png

Karla weakens this Druid, then some random unit finishes him off.

0M02skw.png

And the southern forces are as good as dead now. Too many powerful units there for them to fight off.

Not much else to do so...defensive line set because HERE THEY COME!

1b2Dx46.png

Hector = Still not giving any fucks!

9pDKiMV.png

Alrighty, that enemy phase went off about as well as I could have hoped.

At the same time though, this part shows off how dull the last part is. Literally, all you can really do is wall up like this and wait until you can kill everything that moves. Deviate even slightly from this and you're going to lose units 100% of the time.

Oddly enough, not every enemy there has an Iron Rune. Only the four enemies from the northwest and the northeast have them.

bNd89PN.png

Alice gets a turn and crits, but she's not alone when she crits.

FTnvBRH.pngPEgA2zf.png

She gets goddamned LUCEID to help her double team the target she's critting. I approve of this!

Also, this one? Alice crits twice so he's dead, yay.

M00mzDq.png

Another Assassin falls.

eRyjYTk.png

More healing! Repeat this tactic for like three or four more fucking turns!

Seriously, this part is so dull it's absurd.

fsROIAc.png

The enemies sure have some accuracy issues, don't they?

OXIqeLm.png

Several turns later of doing the exact same shit, the enemy horde is down to something more sensible.

Y0LQlwU.png

One turn after that last shot, the final enemy before I can focus on the dragon falls. That's the good news.

WIf5k44.pngqocLPXW.png

The bad news is that the dragon is EVEN MORE DODGY THAN THE LAST BOSS. Thank fuck its breath no longer pierces defense because it's doubling everyone...except Milia!

Did I mention that, with supports, the only ones getting any decent hit rates are Alice & Milia at roughly 70% chances to hit for ~10-13 damage a hit?

If that wasn't horseshit enough, it has ELIXIRS. FUCKING ELIXIRS!!!!!! This is how you DON'T make a boss a challenge!

That being said, the dragon will use an Elixir if its below 60 hp. Yeah, it has 120 hp and I have two characters with any decent chance of hitting it.

dzDlsIm.png

Seriously, this is STUPID!

Regardless, Milia lured in the dragon, then her, Alice, Eliwood, and Hector surrounded the dragon. Next, I have to get all of their supports into position so my chances to hit are maximized.

0dtA1EX.png

I have never not wanted to see a crit until now. This hit put the dragon at...

73rufdi.png

FUCK!

AkhG6Ur.png

DOUBLE FUCK!

XjyPXo0.png

Take two on lowering its hp goes MUCH better.

At this point, my strategy changes. Instead of attacking while its at 60 hp, I'm going to let it attack first, healing as needed, until one of the four it chooses to attack hits it, then it's an all out fucking rush to kill it before it can use those damned Elixirs again.

ui23o46.png

Thankfully, the hit I was hoping for comes when Eliwood hits the dragon on his counterattack. Dragon is at 48 hp. I could probably end this with just Milia, Alice, and Nils giving Alice another turn. One more hit would be great though.

3LPFLhJ.png

Sweet! I've got this now.

re6Wc16.png

Since I've basically got this, I might as well let some others try to hit it before bringing out Milia & Alice to finish the job. Elina doesn't get so lucky.

rKI1F9V.png

Limstella does though. Dragon's at 21 hp.

j4PGkXL.png

Milia lands her hit. This is over now for sure.

Y3gGD04.png

Overkill time! This is the crit rate boosting ring (+10 Crt).

QqHyZ2u.png

Please hit please hit please hit.

gMdEGoW.png

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS (no crit sadly so Luceid could come in and kick the dragon's ass, but whatever).

u4wcJeA.png

Just to show off WHY this hack was so bullshit...see those 500 turn ones? In reality, those are much higher, but it caps at 500 on this screen for some reason.

Whatever.

I am FUCKING done with this hack, whee!

Before closing this update out...

[spoiler=FE7if Dragon Kill In Video Form]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrP0jGGRfTI

Here's a bonus clip from my old video playthrough where my dragon kill went much much better than it did here and I dropped it without ever seeing those Elixirs get used.

Death Count: Bartre (1), Rebecca (1), Matthew (2), Guy (1), Dorcas (2), Isadora (3), Priscilla (3), Merlinus (5), Katt (3), Canas (1), Lowen (1), Hector (2), Ninian (3), Legault (1), Milia (1), Ash (5)

[spoiler=Final Thoughts]

Well, I didn't think I would EVER visit this hack again after my video playthrough. What possessed me to play through this again, I couldn't tell you.

Regardless, what did this hack do wrong? Oh so much, so very very much.

The biggest offender, in my opinion, is the absolutely fucked up difficulty curve. I probably asked for it when I decided to do this on Hector Hard Mode, but still, you should NOT have to actively boss abuse for multiple chapters just so you have a fighting chance.

Related to that in a sense is the growths. So damned high, but at the same time, the game basically expects you to get 5-6 stat levels all the time to survive. If the RNG screws you? Welp, restart the map because your levels were shit.

Also, I hate the fact that 2/3rds of the vanilla characters were nerfed so much in one way or another that it basically forced you to use the new characters it introduced or be severely hampered.

At the same time though, there were some things I did like from this hack. Milia's scythe animation is pretty rad as is hearing six billion different music tunes, some of which probably lasted all of 5 seconds because said tune was a battle theme and you killed the enemy right as it got to the good parts.

In conclusion....FUCK. THIS. HACK.

I need a drink.

That being said...I'm not sure what I might screenshot LP next. Perhaps FE7 Chaos Mode or The Last Promise, though I'm kinda waiting on the latter's Hard Mode to get completed by DH Ninja (I believe that's who's doing it). I guess if people wanted to know why I'm such a rabid Rex fan I could always start a TLP LP up and just do a separate Hard Mode LP when that comes out.

That being said...I'm not sure what I might screenshot LP next. Perhaps FE7 Chaos Mode or The Last Promise, though I'm kinda waiting on the latter's Hard Mode to get completed by DH Ninja (I believe that's who's doing it). I guess if people wanted to know why I'm such a rabid Rex fan I could always start a TLP LP up and just do a separate Hard Mode LP when that comes out.

FE8 Girls, maybe? I was thinking of doing that myself, though.

FE7CM will make you rage more

FTnvBRH.png

She gets goddamned LUCEID to help her double team the target she's critting. I approve of this!

beastmaster for FE8CM?

Great LP indeed ! FE7if had a lot of good idea, the problem is that the difficulty is just a pain in the ass.

I sait it again, It's impressive that you completed it like that.

FE8 Girls, maybe? I was thinking of doing that myself, though.

FE8 Girls, also called, Fire Emblem with Girls only who will grind a lot edition, it have a lot of good idea.

I'm not exactly sure how the difficulty works, but unlike FE7if, if you're too weak, you can grind, it's more closer to Awakening than Sacred Stone sooo...

I love some classes, like the Witch, the Thief Sage, the King, and the Whisper.

Edited by B.Leu

In the Bonus video, I noticed that the enemy phase music was Id (Purpose). How long ago was this hack completed?

Great LP indeed ! FE7if had a lot of good idea, the problem is that the difficulty is just a pain in the ass.

I sait it again, It's impressive that you completed it like that.

FE8 Girls, also called, Fire Emblem with Girls only who will grind a lot edition, it have a lot of good idea th

I'm not sure how the difficulty works in this, but unlike FE7if, if it's too hard, you can grind.

Thanks for the info, but at the end of Chapter 9 I already had Serra and Ninian use the Guiding Ring just because they both hit 20, and my party average for everyone else is level 15. Will there actually be parts I need to grind?

In the Bonus video, I noticed that the enemy phase music was Id (Purpose). How long ago was this hack completed?

The latest patch was released in either February or March of 2014.

Congratulations on beating this hack! I frequently watch your YT vids, so I was surprised (and excited) when you decided to to a screenshot lp here.

Anyways, like other people have said I would enjoy seeing you play FE Girls, as I'm sure you could do a thorough job covering all the features and whatnot.

Edited by Upside-DownFish

Anyways, like other people have said I would enjoy seeing you play FE Girls, as I'm sure you could do a thorough job covering all the features and whatnot.

Ugh, there goes my great idea... I wouldn't mind if LS did this, though. I'm sure he'd do some capital work, eh buddy?

I wish :B

Ripping her animation isn't so easy. I'd need to make FEditor work for that. Not to mention that custom sound the wolf howl uses.

I don't need sound, give me the patch with that animation~

Thanks for the info, but at the end of Chapter 9 I already had Serra and Ninian use the Guiding Ring just because they both hit 20, and my party average for everyone else is level 15. Will there actually be parts I need to grind?

I really don't remember, it's been a while since I played it. What I can say, is that the maps are huge, some of them come from other FE games, and the ennemies are powerful. There's some rather nasty surprises, like the Prologue of the map pretty much told you.

Oh boy, Dancers are simply hilarious.

From the get to go, Dancer can dance but also use staves, very practical. But it's promotion allows you to summon up to five Dolls a la Summoner, that can do the same things as their Mistress, dance and use staves, though of course, like Ghosts they can't trade. The weapon they have depends of the level of their summoner, so yes, you can have a Doll with a Hammerne staff or that red staff that can heal a lot of people. Hilarious like I said.

Dolls are also pretty good scapegoats. Too much ennemies ? Dolls. A Doll don't have a good enough staff ? Make it kill itself.

Oh yeah, it reminds me, they still didn't finished the Eirika part ?

I really don't remember, it's been a while since I played it. What I can say, is that the maps are huge, some of them come from other FE games, and the ennemies are powerful. There's some rather nasty surprises, like the Prologue of the map pretty much told you.

Oh boy, Dancers are simply hilarious.

From the get to go, Dancer can dance but also use staves, very practical. But it's promotion allows you to summon up to five Dolls a la Summoner, that can do the same things as their Mistress, dance and use staves, though of course, like Ghosts they can't trade. The weapon they have depends of the level of their summoner, so yes, you can have a Doll with a Hammerne staff or that red staff that can heal a lot of people. Hilarious like I said.

Dolls are also pretty good scapegoats. Too much ennemies ? Dolls. A Doll don't have a good enough staff ? Make it kill itself.

Oh yeah, it reminds me, they still didn't finished the Eirika part ?

I already know about the hugeness. Fort Rigwald, /thread. Chapter 10's map is really good with the mini-villages, but my one peeve is that the walls and fences are inconsistent there.

Dancers/Saints are epic. I already know about the Doll thing, I put it to work very well grinding up Amelia in Valni. Only thing I don't like is that they only have 3 move.

The version I have, which is at least a year old, only has Lyn's story, so I don't know if Eirika's path has been opened. I'll have to look a bit more for the latest patch. Since I got my copy from a big archive of hacks, I have no idea which version I have.

Edited by Forceman