LunaticScreamer plays FE7if

LunaticScreamer

About time a certain someone in my army gets to promote. Let's see what the chapter is like, shall we?

[spoiler=ch29: Hector finally promotes!]

ksYqg6c.png

Alice gets enough Angelic Robes and a couple uses of Dragonshield to cap her hp out and hopefully let her last level provide the rest of the stats she needs to be at maximum power. She'll need the extra defenses for what she has to do here.

W50OfM9.png

Milia gets another Body Ring, meaning she can use that Brave Axe without losing as much AS in the process. You may be surprised to know though that I didn't give her the con boost because of the Brave Axe. Something else rather that won't be apparent until roughly 5 chapters from now.

ni9Fzoh.pngPhcl1yM.png

To explain what bullshit is present on this chapter requires talking about the boss. This one is the other half of the Reed brothers, going by the name Lloyd. He may not be critting, but that Runesword is boosting all his stats by 5 and will heal him up equal to the amount of damage he inflicts.

If that wasn't enough, he moves from the word go. Normally, he only started doing this if Nino had a chat with him. Annoying, yes, but hardly the worst bullshit this chapter has.

gKdsGBA.pngn7Zz7Bu.png

No, that bullshit honor goes to this boss. This beast is Luceid from the Wild Arms series which tells you the level of "Oh HELL no!" that's about to go down. Luceid has a +5 all stats boosting weapon, an Iron Rune because fuck your criticals, and...some kind of infinite use sword? I want that. Badly.

So, why is Luceid running on bullshit thrusters? It can double basically everyone, yes, but as long as I wall up, that won't be a problem.

Well...Luceid can motherfucking WALK THROUGH THE GODDAMN WATER. You don't have anywhere near enough people that can defend at the start from this asshole AND the multitude of promoted units.

Did I mention the promoted units start running with close to or over 100 hp now and that two thirds of the enemy units are promoted? Yeah, this is the most bullshit chapter since 18.

zVcsvS5.png9FHDtA6.png8kzQNk4.png

I, however, have a plan. Canas is going to use the Warp staff for the very first time and send Alice to a fort smack dab in the middle of a bunch of enemy units.

f8dgTQf.png

Alice is going in prepared, having four packs of Elixirs for use. Overkill, yes, but I'd rather be overprepared rather than underprepared.

By warping her where I did, two thirds of the enemy forces are going to be compelled to attack her or wait in the immediate area around her. That includes the two moving bosses, taking out the biggest threat I have to worry about from this map.

tnpxwPA.png

What does this mean for the team at the start? It means they have very little to do in terms of keeping things peaceful. Just some minor enemies to cut down and a few promoted ones.

Not much happens for the end of player phase 1. Just making sure Canas isn't at risk from being hit on all sides and forming my line of defense.

rR9dqbQ.pngRLVdijy.png

Alice is going to be doing THIS oh so often this chapter.

M9BHzrC.pngtuLXKEc.png

Hawkeye's awesome and just one shotted a General. He also capped strength & speed,

moawLTX.png

Alice gets her last level up against a Berserker. She caps skill & luck. Defense won't be a problem as I'll just toss her another Dragonshield use after this chapter ends.

TEmubYl.png

Since a certain someone hasn't appeared yet (Alice needs to attack over there on a player phase it seems), Meredia takes the Delphi Shield I stashed on Sistina in preparation for a trip west.

pqWRpBG.png

Enemies still using Javelins. THERE ARE SPEARS FOR A REASON YOU DINGBATS!

MJPzcIm.png

One Myrmidon thought it'd be funny to attack Nino on the enemy phase. She responds in kind by critcaling her ass into oblivion.

PpH9zTE.pnglnE3cYO.pngcRx6Nnh.png

Aha, THERE we go. Hector has a chat with Vaida to get her on to my team and save Hector's ass from being torched.

Anyways...I'll be honest here, I really wish I had another available slot in my endgame roster and that Meredia's supports weren't already all filled up. Vaida's bases are solid and her growths quite acceptable. She might benefit from a full Goddess Icon or two to get that luck stat into a bit more of a desirable position, but its hardly required, especially if you did the Torch staff glitch in chapter 28 to get the Iron Rune.

Now, since she turned up a turn later than I was expecting, I couldn't carry out my plan the way I wanted to. Basically, I'd give Vaida the Delphi Shield and some Elixirs, then send her off to the village in the southwest part of the map. With that lovely 60 use weapon Vaida comes in with (+5 all stats!), any non spellcasters that want to fight her aren't going to accomplish very much other than lots of pain from counterattacks.

xTawKVR.png

Lyn gets a level weakening a Wyvern Lord near Hector's position.

JRWaaWN.png

Karla & Hawkeye are up here fending off some random enemies. Karla gets a double hit with one of them going critical to kill this Nomad Trooper who would have been a huge problem otherwise.

mEKTxkR.png

Weapon shop that Meredia visits. There's a couple weapon for Katt as well as swords, spears, and axes in Iron & Silver varieties. I could have bought some silver equipment with my absurd level of money, but I don't need them right now.

2IUAEpa.png

Fucks given by Ash when facing down a Lancereaver: 0

fZPD0HL.png

Hawkeye drops an enemy from his corner.

T2VEL5M.png

And Merlinus goes down in a blaze of glory. I'll take this over the prospects of Hector getting doubled and possibly dead'd though.

LkbiVxh.png

Flyers are assholes, plain & simple. Meredia isn't quite as well defensively geared up as Vaida, but she has some heals on hand and can always dart back east into the range of Physic if she needs to.

3iTCDJA.png

Make that "she'll be heading back to base now". Another Body Ring for the pile is always appreciated.

7bJYwyb.png

Of course, since Merlinus kicked off again, Meredia has to toss something. She'll be tossing her own personal weapon for now. Trust me, it won't be that much longer and she'll get something that more than makes up for it.

2dLMm8T.png

Southeast team now is on flyer slaying duties until the reinforcements dry up.

iaYAnD8.png

Ash finally gets rid of a General that's been annoying me for the last couple of turns.

EkIEyuJ.png

Flyers are dropping everywhere with Eliwood capping hp on a level up.

So...how's Alice doing with her task?

5qHjR84.png

She's just fine, thanks for asking.

tHucWcm.png

Well, maybe not so fine now. I've never seen Lloyd get into attack range this damned quickly before considering the massive glut of enemies surrounding Alice. It does mean I'll need to modify my usual tactics a bit so I can get that Runesword before he uses all 60 shots of it. Not that I should be worried, but eh, just a little paranoid I guess.

WsfX7Gw.png

Fortify to save the team's collective asses, courtesy of Canas.

l9EUEPp.png

See that Wyvern Lord? Nino's about to crit it for 189 damage. Nino gives no fucks about your 100+ hp totals, that's for sure.

Ccc7o57.png

Vaida also gets with the critting to drop a Wyvern Rider.

uoI7Ojy.pngxUIMiT7.png

Apparently Elina can go stealth mode as well. She does so and takes out another flyer from the area.

CzrriwT.png

Enemy count at max. I've been at this map for a good 4-5+ turns already, killing at least 2 or three enemies per turn, if not more. Fuck the reinforcements because they don't even give any decent experience out.

mkLNpMr.png

More flyers going down thanks to Legault.

mWTa08H.png

Well, Meredia's almost dead, but so is the Wyvern Lord that pestered her by the village.

6UyvhIB.png

Think we're done with the asshole moves yet? Try adding a few Physic bitches into the mix and see how it goes.

sskVHV3.pngGDEExdg.png

More flyer slayings, more levels. What else is there to mention really?

8RNwR0s.png

Forty-nine enemies left. One is chilling on the throne, the rest are more or less surrounding Alice. Lovely, isn't it?

y5OyquK.png

With the reinforcements going dry, the southeastern team is going to lure enemies up by Alice down to them and slay them brutally.

2vB5mTC.png

Slowly but surely, they're trickling away from Alice to attack my team.

BjhhzT8.png

And giving empty levels too. Then again, Eliwood only has resistance left to get so that's to be expected.

NR7B7xH.png

Fortify: Still useful!

2WSTRDl.png

Fucks given by Legault about a capped defense Wyvern Lord: 0

bd8aN0I.png

DODGE BETTER YOU IDIOT. I had to reload a save state because Legault failed dodging class and died, leading to the situation seen in the screenshot.

TiEntaA.png

More instant death crits from Nino.

MOHdPFR.png

Sistina getting rid of the last enemy to be lured south for this turn.

HuQc93h.png

About damn time. Luceid has moved into a range where Alice can pelt him with magic spells..

sOV3TBR.png

Like so, but with some moonspeak formalities being flung around before the battle proceeds.

JcozotK.png

Southeastern team is back at home base. Alice can nuke most of the enemies from here on out now.

6UmDcy0.png

Except for this Valkyrie who proceeded southward. Ash shows her the front door and kicks her out.

7oh6Y8m.png

Alice hasn't needed a single Elixir yet. What a trooper!

z8XxmPs.png

I wish this happened sooner to be honest. Luceid being at close range means Alice can kill him off fairly quickly. She misses on her counterattack sadly.

Gu3SDDH.png

She does not miss on the next player phase though. So, what does she get that required dropping an Elixir?

TZyDXth.png

Three words: Everything. Fucking. Dies.

This sword is borderline fucking insane.

First, the downside. It slows her down by -2 AS. While that's not much, my strategy for chapter 31 requires her not to be burdened by that sword, meaning she'll get a Body RIng before the next chapter starts.

The upsides? Well, the Mt, Hit, and Crit look good, but why do Alice's stats seem higher when she equipped the sword?

...I oughta check her stats, shouldn't I?

OkhMCoh.png

...Holy. Fuck. Goddamned +10 to ALL STATS! Alice at this point turns into a one woman army of death & carnage, able to be tossed into damn near any situation and completely stymie or destroy the enemy groups with little risk to her own life. It couldn't get any better, could it?

khmMBoA.png

Well, let's add a brave effect to top off its effects why don't we? Alice more or less fucking DESTROYS whatever target she selects aside from bosses from this point forward.

oWskYie.png

Once it's down to only Lloyd, the map is good as done...even if some of my characters are having accuracy issues.

eJlrYz4.png

Alice is done with Lloyd's shenanigans and pulls a crit out to end his life, getting that Runesword in the process.

8HXCrMk.png

As for the last enemy on the throne? Limstella payed him a visit and sweeped him off the game board, getting a level in the process.

Could this map get any better in terms of rewards?

pmIQGCl.png

FINALLY!

Hector gets +7s in the three stats he needs the most as well as S-Axes & S-Swords. That shiny new Runesword we just picked up? Hector goes from "useless as hell" to "Tanky as all hell...and THEN some!".

Death Count: Bartre (1), Rebecca (1), Matthew (2), Guy (1), Dorcas (2), Isadora (1), Priscilla (3), Merlinus (2), Katt (1), Canas (1), Lowen (1), Hector (1), Ninian (3), Legault (1)

Next time: Hector gets POWER!

[spoiler=Growths & Comments (Vaida)]

Hp: 95% Luk: 55%

Str: 55% Def: 40%

Skl: 45% Res: 35%

Spd: 50%

Oh how I wish I had a spare slot available to deploy her. She may come in late, but she has solid bases and good growths to work with. Being able to support with other 12 move promoted units like Meredia or Heath is sweet as well. One of the rare vanilla characters that will not disappoint should you decide to invest in her.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chapter 30 is a quickie so I might as well knock that out of the way.

[spoiler=ch30: Hector gets POWER!]

8sodaiS.pngd3t4YQr.png

Distributing some Body Ring uses. Eliwood got two while Alice got one. Eliwood can use some of the more awesome spears with little to no AS loss now while Alice's Body Ring use is needed to pull off my strategy for chapter 31.

ZQbouRe.png

Oh yeah, I also dropped a Dragonshield use on Alice. Now she's a one woman wrecking crew!

OLGFkKn.png6g6SJr2.png

Hector got some boosts as well. Two full Goddess Icons to pull his luck away from the shitty category plus my last use of Afa's Drops because oh lord the grinding he's going to get here.

4ejw36V.png

Might as well jump a couple turns into the chapter as not much else happens otherwise. There's these poison gas spewing holes dotted around the map. You end your turn in front of one and it'll fire off, doing a tiny bit of damage and poisoning you as this enemy General demonstrates.

As for my team this chapter...Hector's joined by his two supports, Lyn & Eliwood, as well as Limstella for heals, Milia because she's got a reward lined up for herself at the end, and Alice as my "oh shit!" button if Hector's in danger of being killed. Otherwise, she's just here to get her A support with Milia.

txneAYO.png

Hector + Runesword = Near immortal tank. Also, getting a perfect level because he's the man.

2AYR5m1.pngMMsT20x.pngEaOwPkc.pngZ9AWyLe.png

While there are some Thieves mulling about, all they're concerned with is crashing into your party and handing over free weapons. Not just your garden variety weapons though...

tUb5hr1.pngPh33JSx.png

Yes, infinite use weapons. Limstella is holding a light tome that will serve her well for general mook slaying while Lyn gets herself a bow with high Mt. The common theme both weapons carry?

OmGHbJG.png

+10 max hp, +5 all stats. This is around the time where Hector's route starts to become less of a royal pain in the ass. It's only the beginning though, heh.

OSS1FFj.png

To give you an idea on how fast Hector is leveling here...he gets roughly 20-25 exp per fight, but if he gets a kill...he's basically gaining a level up until the low-mid teens.

JjcrS6A.png

I'm not pushing too far forward into the map just yet. Limstella is going to bait out the Swordmaster up north real quick before I move onwards.

toYqufU.png

Of course, don't think the enemies are slacking off. This one could have killed Limstella if he critted.

1gRvoqQ.png

This Sniper is using an interesting bow, one that has the brave effect and 60 uses (and +5 all stats!).

QCfT6IL.png0NYVH81.png

Hector becomes ever so slightly more of a brick shithouse with every level he gains.

QY5H4KP.pngsk9mqEx.png

Lyn fries the Swordmaster from the north, gaining some more defense. Also..

3mqnjTy.png4aGjSBA.png

Sweet.

gKqqgj5.png

Eliwood counterkills a General, picking up some resistance as a reward.

l3WUvoG.png

Another Thief, another infinite use weapon, this one for dark magic users.

fdJthFQ.pngKvrcGYj.png

Hector now has a legitimate powerful weapon in his hands, critting a poor Sage to cap speed.

z4L9DNQ.pngyoZgTyo.png

Seriously, Hector's level just flies up so damned fast here it's shocking.

pYWvmzX.png

This is nice too. Lyn will be able to double whatever she wants now.

No7M22k.png

Non-Hector levels are rather rare here unless your name is Limstella. The exp from Physic spam is just so good.

xkphfim.png

Isn't readily apparent here, but these enemies are currently moving towards the party. They don't normally until you pass a certain portion of the map, hence why I'm going to be holed up here until every enemy but the boss and the two Sages next to said boss are dead.

EQyWczM.pnggTZyUU5.png

Another level for Hector and a stylin' axe for his weapon collection. This is of the "60 uses, +5 all stats" variety, but has good base stats as well. Between this axe (Basilikos is the name I believe?), Hector's Regal Blade, and the Runesword, Hector's set weapon wise for awhile.

RGtewoh.pngbUUFrt7.pnga73Odvj.png

Hector's levels while wiping out some random mooks coming from the west. Once his strength, defense, and hp cap, his levels tend to look rather meh the rest of the way. Still though, Hector could gain not one stat from lv11 and onwards and he'd be just fine. Those Afa's Drops really helped him out, that's for damn sure.

Qrqamjm.pngdjmPyH5.png

Hector's back to using his Runesword. There's a bunch of enemies coming his way and I want him with as much hp as possible. He gets a set of eight Chest Keys from killing a Warrior. These Chest Keys are going to be just enough to allow you to open all the remaining chests in the hack.

1FLS97r.png

Honestly at this point, Hector doesn't NEED more stats, but they're always appreciated.

qn81Hxn.png

Though he certainly could use more resistance. Spellcasters still sting for him...if they hit that is.

cyEtnzw.png

ESPECIALLY this asshole. This one is using a powerful as all hell dark tome (want to say its Gespenst or something?). Only one hit likely due to its weight, but it hits HARD.

KXIamie.png

Limstella now has to basically spam Physic until Hector can drop the Druid or Bishop at the bare minimum. The Sage will die shortly to counterattacks from the Runesword.

7vsRy2B.png

Fucks given by Hector: 0

vfW3Ftw.png

Resistance!

xP9howb.pngOKI2itQ.png

Hector needed a bit of damage assistance from Lyn to weaken the Druid enough for him to kill it and pick up yet another level. I remind you he started at lv1 this chapter.

NBdmErO.png

Another high end 60 use tome! Hector also got that Gespenst tome from the Druid's death.

hUItuPi.pngsNwSEFm.png

The base stats on the 60 use weapons tend to outpace the ones on the infinite use weapons from this chapter.

Kz9h2ZM.pngB1a4kSz.pngIk8yfbB.png

Eliwood gets to looting the chests around the map. More infinite use weapons that will definitely get some use in the final chapters to come.

5zpFYcB.pngbVmihYP.png

Limstella starts healing everyone up before the final push to the boss. Hector's not so lucky with a level up sadly.

bcTGmpG.png

Seems he needs to actually kill something to get stats. Makes sense.

JUnRMLg.pngKutNQzV.png

Yeah, the boss has multiple maxed stats and powerful weapons, but he's not that hard to take down. Remember, everyone's got some kind of +5 all stats weapons at this point so its a more even playing field.

aLok3ph.png

Everyone combines their powers to weaken the boss enough for Hector to kill. So much for my stats going up when a kill is made theory. That's the bad news. The good news?

tCQ5WrF.png

The boss drops that sweet axe. You'd think Hector could use this, but...

W7UbdG6.pngyGPFGDZ.png

Wrong! This is Milia's best weapon. Infinite uses of course, but the big difference lies within the stats. Still the usual +5 all stats deal, but more importantly, a +20 max hp boost. If your vanilla characters were obsoleted yet, they probably are now unless he/she is a staff user like Canas or Priscilla.

You might also be wondering something...if this is Milia's best weapon, why did I boost her con well over what she needed to wield it without penalties?

Since I suppose there's no use hiding it...Milia gets another personal weapon later on. Simple as that.

As Hector ends the chapter, something seems different about the story ending to it...

MQOO9ai.png

On one hand, Athos hax'd hard and hit on a 6% chance. On the other hand, Nergal's damage, holy shit.

Death Count: Bartre (1), Rebecca (1), Matthew (2), Guy (1), Dorcas (2), Isadora (1), Priscilla (3), Merlinus (2), Katt (1), Canas (1), Lowen (1), Hector (1), Ninian (3), Legault (1)

Next time: More characters getting their ultimate weapons!

What's Filla's Might?

it's a dancer ring that enhance crit rate.

Also Lunatic...

do you think you can rip these battle sprites and map sprites?

Edited by Fateborn

Dude, just, dude, you're awesome. it's the hack that need lubrifiant, not you: You almost maxed all your characters !

Nina is a cute little miss badass, but the fact that she couldn't promote was kinda of a cockblock to me, I don't even remember if it does matter.

Ah ! Athos is such a pussy compared to Nergal. Seriously, 30hp, what the heck.

Which make the moment he join more cooler. Not very useful, but it's badass.

Oh gee, Jaffar didn't join the group ? I wonder if he will come back as a boss...

Nina

Which make the moment he join more cooler. Not very useful, but it's badass.

Oh gee, Jaffar didn't join the group ? I wonder if he will come back as a boss...

Nino*

Jaffar and Limstella traded place afaik, at least from what others told me.

Then that means another Assassin boss. Welp.

If I remember correctly from what I was told...

He has crit chance weapons with lethality activated. :)

Edited by Fateborn

Nino*

Jaffar and Limstella traded place afaik, at least from what others told me.

Nino, right, my bad.

Yeah it's like that. I was being sarcastic in my post. Because seriously, in a romhack like that, between the Sage, and the Assassin, if you don't have the Assassin, it's not surprising, and it's bad news.

Coming with custom overpowered weapon that you can touch yourself to have. And it's only the beginning.

Edited by B.Leu

lol got it right.

P much. But you only have 2 Iron Runes, 1 if they're stingy c=

Assassins with their instant kill move are awesome in FE7if. Too bad you even have to RNG abuse them on ike every turn to make the most of them >:|

Ike? Sorry, your friend fighter is in another castle with another army.