Bow users.

gabethegreen

I'd honestly argue that HM!Klein and Igrene are if we are going by GBA non-mounted archers. Bartre and his hilarious 20 str base is also pretty fun for bows

HM Klein is a worse Igrene, what a chump lord. She probably is the best GBA non-mounted archer though.

if klein gets 2 points of speed by the time igrene joins he's better in every way, i'd argue he's much better

also bartre has 22 base speed

EDIT: STRENGTH NOT SPEED

Edited by General Horace

HM Klein is a worse Igrene, what a chump lord. She probably is the best GBA non-mounted archer though.

Klein has a better rank and more growth chances, but then again Igrene still gets braves at base which are better than silvers I suppose.

Rebecca and Wil far outclass one prepromote you get later in the game. Other than that, there are none. What levels are Wil/Rebecca? If you are desperate for a bow user and they are really underleveled, you may want to consider Rath. Snipers aren't as good in the GBA games.

Wil does not outclass Louise ever, she can actually double unlike him.

Klein has a better rank and more growth chances, but then again Igrene still gets braves at base which are better than silvers I suppose.

Braves are B bows.

Oh and Klein has like 35/40/45 for str/skl/spd growths iirc. It's possible to get him a level or 2 by Igrene's jointime.

Rebecca and Wil far outclass one prepromote you get later in the game. Other than that, there are none. What levels are Wil/Rebecca? If you are desperate for a bow user and they are really underleveled, you may want to consider Rath. Snipers aren't as good in the GBA games.

How the fuck are you getting either of them to promotion in a good time frame without turtling/arena use. Louise is useable off the bat and comes at a good enough time.

Except if you do the Swordmaster guy's version. Then you get Wallace who ends up being made of suck when you get him.

Doesn't have any effect on the viability of Geitz as a great bow user.

Kind of a shame that the earlygame archers suck so bad in gba fe.

I mean Wolt is probably the only one that contributes.

-Saves a turn, and is most likely gonna be brought in ch7 to nail a LIZARDBIRD.

- but then we have Sue, who's mounted and will likely have more chances to get exp.

This is why I like DoF and fe7 Chaos Mode. They took the idea of making earlygame bow users and made them goood.

if klein gets 2 points of speed by the time igrene joins he's better in every way, i'd argue he's much better

also bartre has 22 base speed

EDIT: STRENGTH NOT SPEED

On average, that's 5 levels. EDIT Wow, I thought this was a completely different topic. Yeah, he probably compares way better than I thought. Don't think that he's really better in every way though.

Edited by Refa

5 levels is pretty steep, but it's not unreasonable for him to get a couple levels and get a point of strength and speed over the course of them and have +1 STR and +1 bow rank vs -1 speed. Once Murgleis exists, when using it, Klein suddenly has +4 speed and better stats all around (except defence and res, but you don't need those on a sniper and they're still not drastically lower)

so pretty much they're the same unit (unless you need to use Silvers, which honestly probably never happens, killer bow too good) until Murgleis where Igrene isn't going to have the bow rank (until mayyyybe chapter 23 or something) it and Klein is, and then he's just better. Most of Klein's growths are equal or 10-15% higher too. I'm might be biased though because he's Pent's son and Pent's the best.

This Bad-Ass Dorcas and Will from my latest FE7 Playthrough... I end up having RNG blessed with both (and due to forcing Dorcas to act as archer all the way after he was promoted in Badon Arena), but also end up with Eliwuss who only has 11 str, Hector who can't hit fast promoted shits and overall pathetic things in their life because they both practically hide behind Lyn's skirts...

9ctRVPP.pngUj4XiWK.png

To be honest, at chapter 29 Dorcas hit A in bows, I'm really tempted to ditch Will this time and get Dorcas S Bows instead, but then I remembered that Rienfelche only has 7 weight, so that fatass constitution of him will be wasted to wield puny bow. Dorcas' speed also make him basically death dealer killing machine as well... but to be honest, I did feed him a secret book in LHM and speedwing in HHM, while Will is naturally RNG blessed so...