Bow users.

gabethegreen

hey im playing through fe7 for the first time. Im currently on ch20 and i have a question are there any good archers? So far the 2 i have seem to be ok but no to great. Archers/snipers are my favorite class so im hoping there is a good one here. Are there none, have i just been rng screwed, or is there one on the way?

Rebecca and Wil far outclass one prepromote you get later in the game. Other than that, there are none. What levels are Wil/Rebecca? If you are desperate for a bow user and they are really underleveled, you may want to consider Rath. Snipers aren't as good in the GBA games.

Stick with Rebecca. You will probably find her to be very good after promotion because of her ridiculous speed, and her strength isn't too shabby either. You really only need one bow user, you're better off getting an extra Mage or something.

the prepremoted sniper i'd argue is better than the generic archers you get, her bow rank is excellent and she comes with an A support with a fantastic unit, and while her offence isn't amazing, it's passable enough without experiencing the growing pains of the other archers.

but if you want a bow user, you'll want Rath, or even a prepremoted Warrior you may or may not get (depending on how much you've levelled your lords).

Naw, he training Rebecca good enough for her to get S bows by endgame. Not everyone does ltc you know. :)

LTC was never mentioned. LTC had nothing to do with it.

Wil is bad, Rebecca and Louise are decent/good, Rath (though he's a Nomad, not an Archer) is also pretty good. For casual play, at least. Wil is really the only one I would suggest against using.

fools, everyone knows the best sniper is bartre the brave

You misspelled Dorcas :P:

Unless you're going for some optimization run, I'd go with whoever's getting the better levels. I'm fond of Rath because he's more than capable of doing Wil/Rebecca's jobs (and both have come out horrible for me in the past. . .though Rebecca's more prone to it when I play FSR).

Yah the primary issue with Wil is that his speed starts low and stays mediocre whereas Rebecca's speed raises like crazy. Her strength is good enough.

I do heavily prefer Louise because Archers in general are a pain in the ass, but I'm not gonna tell you how to live your life.

Well it depends on your preference.

You'll get a nomad soon who won't be as good as Rebecca with the level she's at right now. But if you train him you'll get better returns(Can use swords, more mobility, hits harder).

You also get a sniper later on who instantly comes with an A support with a Sage that you get. She won't end up with good stats like Rebecca if you train her up to level 20 but she's good for the fact that you don't need to train her or invest exp.

Wil is the worst of the bow users though so if you think he's mediocre you should probably drop him.

Edited by Bluedoom

Louise is most likely the best Sniper in the game.

I mean, she doesn't have to put up with the earlygame suck.

oh and Rath and Geitz are cool too I guess.

Geitz is probably the bow bow user in the game by the time you get him.

Edited by Captain Britain

Louise is most likely the best Sniper in the game.

I mean, she doesn't have to put up with the earlygame suck.

oh and Rath and Geitz are cool too I guess.

Geitz is probably the bow bow user in the game by the time you get him.

Except if you do the Swordmaster guy's version. Then you get Wallace who ends up being made of suck when you get him.

If the level of your Lord units is higher than 50 by the time you reach Chapter 23 [Chapter 24 in Hector's Story] you can recruit Geitz, a pre-promoted Warrior who brings passable stats and a B-Rank in Bows with him. He's not a very good unit overall but then again, no Bow user really is. Rath is probably the most useful Bow user overall.

If the level of your Lord units is higher than 50 by the time you reach Chapter 23 [Chapter 24 in Hector's Story] you can recruit Geitz, a pre-promoted Warrior who brings passable stats and a B-Rank in Bows with him. He's not a very good unit overall but then again, no Bow user really is. Rath is probably the most useful Bow user overall.

To further this, it's based on the displayed level combined (Hector's displayed level + Lyn's displayed level + Eliwood's displayed level [is Greater than or equal to] 50), then you will unlock the chapter featuring Geitz. If their cumulative levels are 49 or lower, you'll get an alternate chapter featuring a unit you've played in the past.

You're already at chapter 20, and your rebecca is the most trained already. Rath's better in the long run because of horse+swords but I guess it's your call on if you want to train up Rath a lot more, or use someone you've already trained a bit. Regardless, one bow user is enough.

Geitz is the best Archer in the GBZ series. He packs on good enough Spd, enough Con to wield a Brave Bow (and enough rank, too!), has great Str AND he can use Axes.

I'd honestly argue that HM!Klein and Igrene are if we are going by GBA non-mounted archers. Bartre and his hilarious 20 str base is also pretty fun for bows

Geitz is the best Archer in the GBZ series.

On the last episde of Game Boy Z...

Also, I recommend promoted Lyndis, and Rath / Rebecca for your Archers. Rath, assuming that you did not level him in Lyn's Tale, is more difficult to train than Rebecca, though he will most likely be a better unit than Rebecca after being trained. From my experience, and after seeing their growth rates, Rebecca is, in my opinion, better than Wil, mostly due to her better Speed. I recommend only using Rath or Rebecca, that is your choice.