Help with Endgame Preparations

So I'm about to start the 5 part Endgame, and I'm getting slightly overwhelmed because I now have every character in the game in my base preparations to manage. For every character I'm not using, I have to either sell all their items/weapons, or trade it to someone I am using. Then I have to strip all their skills and distribute it to the characters I'm using. I'll list the characters I'm planning to use below, if anyone could give advice on who should hold what.

Here are the characters I plan to use, plus the weapon I plan to get blessed.

Ike - Ragnell (duh)

Micaiah - Purge? (mostly using her as a healer)

Sothe - Baselard (probably going to bench him after I get Nasir and Gareth)

Sanaki - Cymbeline?

Kurthnaga

Ena

Haar - Brave Axe

Mia - Vague Katti or Alondite (not sure which)

Boyd - Urvan

Nephenee - Wishblade

Tibarn

Elincia - Amiti (mostly using as healer too)

Shinon - Double Bow

Gatrie - Brave Lance

Reyson (with Laguz Gem)

That leaves two slots open.

One of them I was planning to use Soren, but I'm not sure he'll be very useful. Rexacalibur might be useful, but I dunno. His thunder weapon level is unfortunately not high enough to slay dragons, and I hate that Arms Scrolls only work for his wind tomes. I already have to use Micaiah and Sanaki, so even though I like Soren more than either of them, those two are required so he's kind of redundant. So I guess what I'm asking is if anyone can convince me to use Soren, or is there a different beorc or laguz unit I should use.

The other I was going to use Nailah, and I still might, but I'm just wondering if I should use a different Laguz royale like Cain or Giffca.

The only other Beorc units of mine that would be useful are Oscar and Titania.

Huge thanks in advance.

Edited by Radiant head

Bench Gatrie, I would suggest bringing in Titania unless you want to bring in a royal instead :P.

Also make sure to give skillsets to people too

I.E. Take Wrath off Edward if you aren't using him, Wrath off Aran and Nihil from Nolan (You get the picture)

I'd probably suggesting forging a max Silver Axe for Titania as well :)

Difficulty? If easy, use whoever you want. If normal, still use whoever you want, but taking greater caution and don't use Soren. If hard...well, I'll assume you're not on hard.

As long as your units have been leveled well, it shouldn't be a big deal. Just be sure to bring your Nihils and Paritys with you. If you literally have no one else you really want to use other than who is on that list, just drop in two royals of your choice, or Soren if you're on easy mode.

i would usually bless alondite over vague katti (because 1-2 range is desirable against spirits and dragons), but at the end of the day it doesn't really matter

you can also replace basically anybody with a royal and it'll be an improvement (arguably not jill/haar but if you haven't stuffed them that's irrelevant)

Bench Gatrie, I would suggest bringing in Titania unless you want to bring in a royal instead :P.

Also make sure to give skillsets to people too

I.E. Take Wrath off Edward if you aren't using him, Wrath off Aran and Nihil from Nolan (You get the picture)

I'd probably suggesting forging a max Silver Axe for Titania as well :)

Yeah I'm thinking now I'll switch Gatrie with Oscar. Gatrie was there mostly only because of his A support with Shinon.

Good call on the Silver forge for Titania.

Why not bless a wyrmslayer?

I thought about that, but then my understanding is that the only weapon Mia can use in the last part would be the Wrymslayer, which would be a waste of the Alondite or Vague Katti.

laguz royals do so much work in 4-E; i'd take a laguz royal over any beorc except for jill and haar.

I agree with just filling the last to slots with laguz royals. I believe you also get more dialogue for them being there as well, so there's that.

Yeah well my only issue is that I don't want them to make it too easy. I'm considering Caineghis though, if for nothing else, to see his convo with Dheginsea.

Difficulty? If easy, use whoever you want. If normal, still use whoever you want, but taking greater caution and don't use Soren. If hard...well, I'll assume you're not on hard.

As long as your units have been leveled well, it shouldn't be a big deal. Just be sure to bring your Nihils and Paritys with you. If you literally have no one else you really want to use other than who is on that list, just drop in two royals of your choice, or Soren if you're on easy mode.

Normal.

i would usually bless alondite over vague katti (because 1-2 range is desirable against spirits and dragons), but at the end of the day it doesn't really matter

Yeah I'm probably going for the Alondite then, at least for counterattacking.

So I'm about to start the 5 part Endgame, and I'm getting slightly overwhelmed because I now have every character in the game in my base preparations to manage. For every character I'm not using, I have to either sell all their items/weapons, or trade it to someone I am using. Then I have to strip all their skills and distribute it to the characters I'm using. I'll list the characters I'm planning to use below, if anyone could give advice on who should hold what.

Here are the characters I plan to use, plus the weapon I plan to get blessed.

Ike - Ragnell (duh)

Micaiah - Purge? (mostly using her as a healer)

Sothe - Baselard (probably going to bench him after I get Nasir and Gareth)

Sanaki - Cymbeline?

Kurthnaga

Ena

Haar - Brave Axe

Mia - Vague Katti or Alondite (not sure which)

Boyd - Urvan

Nephenee - Wishblade

Tibarn

Elincia - Amiti (mostly using as healer too)

Shinon - Double Bow

Gatrie - Brave Lance

Reyson (with Laguz Gem)

That leaves two slots open.

One of them I was planning to use Soren, but I'm not sure he'll be very useful. Rexacalibur might be useful, but I dunno. His thunder weapon level is unfortunately not high enough to slay dragons, and I hate that Arms Scrolls only work for his wind tomes. I already have to use Micaiah and Sanaki, so even though I like Soren more than either of them, those two are required so he's kind of redundant. So I guess what I'm asking is if anyone can convince me to use Soren, or is there a different beorc or laguz unit I should use.

The other I was going to use Nailah, and I still might, but I'm just wondering if I should use a different Laguz royale like Cain or Giffca.

The only other Beorc units of mine that would be useful are Oscar and Titania.

Huge thanks in advance.

I'd recommend to forge an axe and lance instead of blessing the brave weapons. A forged silver weapon has almost as might as two attacks of a brave weapon and has a much better accuracy, which is very important against the final boss.

Rexfire weighs very much and so it reduces Sanaki's attacking speed a lot. However her strength growth is pretty good and with a few bexp. levels she can reach the strength to use it without any speed penalty. A red dragon next to her would also help her. Rexfire has one more might and better accuracy than Cymbeline ahd gives her +3 speed.

Forge the Vague Katti, because it's more powerful and has better accuracy.

Why not bless a wyrmslayer?

The wyrmslayer isn't useful except for E-3. It has low might and accuracy. Definitive no good weapon for the final boss, who has five authority stars.

Edited by The Taninator

Blessing Braves is fine, especially on a Canto unit like Haar who can make use of Red Tide twice with them.

You can Arms Scroll staves, you just have to equip them. I'm pretty sure I've done it with Micaiah.

I'd recommend Rafiel over Reyson, but it's your party, of course. The maps are so short that Rafiel's first turn of quadruple vigoring is much more helpful than the bit of extra movement Reyson provides.

I agree that blessing Wyrmslayer is a waste for the most part. Alondite lets Mia make use of Tides better but I don't think it makes a big difference elsewhere. Dragons can usually find people that don't counterattack if you equip Alondite.

Soren kind of blows by endgame but I know how it feels to leave behind a unit you've been using all along.

Yeah I'll probably replace the brave lance with a silver forge. Might do the same with the brave axe, but I feel like Haar is the kind of character who can really utilize it, especially since he has Cancel.

On another note, I forgot to pick up Fortify. Am I going to be screwed for the last map? Worst case I can redo Part 4, because I saved a file for each part I cleared.

Edited by Radiant head

If you didn't know about it, you probably won't be recruiting Lehran.

And if this is your first playthrough, apologies for the spoiler (good job, dondon). But, eh, it might not really make a difference.

And if this is your first playthrough, apologies for the spoiler (good job, dondon).

this machine knows not what a spoiler is

but really there's no way to be roundabout and concise about it, since that is the easiest way to get a full heal in 4-E-5

Edited by dondon151

this machine knows not what a spoiler is

but really there's no way to be roundabout and concise about it, since that is the easiest way to get a full heal in 4-E-5

Yeah, I understand that it feels like common knowledge to us, lol. At least it wasn't something like "Zelgius is the Black Knight." (which is safe since he has mentioned he's at Endgame and Ranulf reveals it at the end of part 4)

Thing is, if this is his first run, he can't get Lehran anyway.

Haha it's fine, I don't really feel spoiled.

So since I won't have the Ashera staff in this playthrough, how essential is Fortify?

If this is your first time, I strongly suggest you have it on hand. Not exactly necessary, but you'll likely want it.

Fortify's not necessary, like the others said, but it's good to have on hand for especially the last part.

I'd also vouch for the Royal use but since you've stated about not making the game too easy:

Have you thought of just bringing people for the blessed weaponry and then benching them? Just hand off the blessed weaponry to the more competent fighters and don't mention them ever again. You avoid having people "stuck" to one blessed weapon this way.

I'm probably going to use Laguz royales; I just meant I don't want to stack up on them. Tibarn is in for sure, and I'm deciding between Caineghis, Giffca, and Nailah. Caineghis seems to be insanely broken, but at the same time this is pretty much the only time between both Tellius games that he's available as a playable character. And story reasons it's fitting that he's there.

I'm probably going to use Laguz royales; I just meant I don't want to stack up on them. Tibarn is in for sure, and I'm deciding between Caineghis, Giffca, and Nailah. Caineghis seems to be insanely broken, but at the same time this is pretty much the only time between both Tellius games that he's available as a playable character. And story reasons it's fitting that he's there.

Caineghis can transform immediately for being a laguz royal. He's the best unit in FE10 endgame.

Edited by The Taninator