Help with Endgame Preparations

Yeah I guess I'll use Cain. If it turns out to be too easy, I'll just use someone else in my next playthrough.

Anyway, now I have to redo Part 4 to get Fortify. What happened is that I killed the boss before opening the treasure, and the result was that the guards of the Forify chest were the last to die.

Edited by Radiant head

"Zelgius is the Black Knight"

wait what?

I'd strongly suggest Cain, or at least Giffca over Nailah

Edited by Sara.

Yeah I guess I'll use Cain. If it turns out to be too easy, I'll just use someone else in my next playthrough.

Anyway, now I have to redo Part 4 to get Fortify. What happened is that I killed the boss before opening the treasure, and the result was that the guards of the Forify chest were the last to die.

It's a rout mission so you can kill the boss before except he's the last remaining enemy on the map. If the chapter is over and you didn't open all the chests, the missed chests are lost.

You can recruit the boss, if you put Rafiel in his movement range. He'll talk to Rafiel and join your team.

Edited by The Taninator

You're on normal mode, and if you don't have a Speedwing to spare, you might actually find Giffca more helpful than Caineghis because of his higher speed. Am I just making the decision harder now? It's most likely not going to matter a whole lot in the end, though.

You're on normal mode, and if you don't have a Speedwing to spare, you might actually find Giffca more helpful than Caineghis because of his higher speed. Am I just making the decision harder now? It's most likely not going to matter a whole lot in the end, though.

Giffca's speed advantage isn't decisive, because Caineghis already has the "magical" 34 speed, which means he can double the aura with whitepool. Imo it's more worth to bring Caineghis to the final map, just because he can attack in turn one already unlike Giffca, who has to use a laguz jewel / stone.

Edited by The Taninator

Giffca's speed advantage isn't decisive, because Caineghis already has the "magical" 34 speed, which means he can double the aura with whitepool. Imo it's more worth to bring Caineghis to the final map, just because he can attack in turn one already unlike Giffca, who's has to use a laguz jewel / stone.

It's more that it's easy to BEXP GIffca to 40 Speed since it's his highest growth so that he can forego White pool and use Parity to smack Def tile auras.

You can recruit the boss, if you put Rafiel in his movement range. He'll talk to Rafiel and join your team.

Haha I didn't know you could recruit Oliver. Guess I'll do it for completist sake.

On a random note, I wish I trained Jill in this playthrough. Nolan is the only DB member I could get to third tier.

In the endgame Jill (imo the best unit in the game) is better than Haar because of her higher speed. Thanks to her 35 speed cap she can double pretty much everything on normal mode and is a much better dodger. However Haar as axeuser against enemies with physical weapons should work too.

Edited by The Taninator

On a random note, I wish I trained Jill in this playthrough. Nolan is the only DB member I could get to third tier.

Yesssssssss. Jill is my girl! She's pretty much my instant third-tier in the DB.

At least you got Nolan to third-tier. I don't think I've ever gotten anyone but Jill and the mandatory ones to third-tier in the DB thanks to bias and the DB's crappy chapters. As far as the DB goes, Jill, Nolan, and Aran I feel are better candidates, if any, for third-tier for their... moreorless reliable durability (at least in Normal mode).

Haha I didn't know you could recruit Oliver. Guess I'll do it for completist sake.

Might as well. Free Nosferatu and Silence, another staffbot, and could hold a Light weapon up to S at base for Endgame if need be.

I found Jill really hard to train because she's always on the brink of death after one or two hits. At least Nolan is good at tanking, so I was able to train him with only a little BExp abuse. Also I'm never sure if I should be using the BExp to get Micaiah to level 20 before she gets her in-story promotions.

I found Jill really hard to train because she's always on the brink of death after one or two hits. At least Nolan is good at tanking, so I was able to train him with only a little BExp abuse. Also I'm never sure if I should be using the BExp to get Micaiah to level 20 before she gets her in-story promotions.

The thing is, that lots of units face this. Jill isn't in this phase of chumpitude for that long, because of her balls-to-the-wall growths.

In the endgame Jill (imo the best unit in the game) is better than Haar because of her higher speed. Thanks to her 35 speed cap she can double pretty much everything on normal mode and is a much better dodger. However Haar as axeuser against enemies with physical weapons should work too.

the only advantage that jill has over haar in 4-E is that she doubles auras, but you can 2-turn 4-E-5 without either of them.

Caineghis can transform immediately for being a laguz royal. He's the best unit in FE10.

-Cain isn't in the game until p4.

Oh and 4E isn't that difficult. Just give Ike boots/that +move skill, and make sure his speed is up to par.

You're likely to have a bunch of units partially capped out, in addition to the p4 joiners. [sanaki's alright if you want to use her. Her strength causes her issues early on though.]

The thing with Jill is she's one of the few units in the DB who can get transfer bonuses (others being Sothe, Zihark, Ilyana [who doesn't really count for long], and Tauroneo [also not counting Tormod and Muarim because haha availability]). Out of these units, she's less hampered by movement and has Canto as well as has some nice growing to do.

Pretty much all DB members have durability issues, hence why I said Jill, Nolan, and Aran (and possibly Sothe) have probably the most reliable durability (Tauroneo's okay but his availability leaves a lot to be desired). I started a Hard mode file a while back (have yet to finish it because busy life) and focused mainly on Sothe, Micaiah, Jill, and slightly Volug. Even if I didn't have transfer bonuses, Jill would have gotten the first Dracoshield, Energy Drop, Seraph Robe, and Secret Book. She would likely get the Speedwings as well.

For Micaiah, she gets all of 1-9 to herself (use Black Knight as you see fit). And at this point, you have Paragon from 1-6-2. She can also Sacrifice spam if need be with Paragon (Sacrifice works on status ailments, so the poison in 1-8 will do). If she's close to level 20 or if both her Magic and Resistance capped, you could BEXP abuse her to get her Speed and possibly HP and Defense up, her Speed being top priority.

So don't use the BEXP to get her to level 20 since she should have no issues getting to level 20. Use the BEXP to raise her hard-to-raise stats. The only thing is is that her Luck might get in the way, being tied with her Magic growth at 80.

Sanaki isn't very usable in Part 4. The only thing I can think of is if you have a dragon down to low health but couldn't finish it it off, then her Arcthunder could come in handy.

Either use her to do chipping or have her carry a weapon to bless and pass it off to someone more competent. Free blessed S Fire or A Thunder, Wind, and Light is a plus. She's purely a combat unit so benching her if she's not needed is safer than risking a restart.

Why do Arcthunder when you can use a fully forged Thunder? +1 Might, +35 Hit, +5 Crit, and -5 Weight. Against a dragon, that's three more Might and a base Sanaki will lose less Speed if you don't lower the weight of the forged Thunder. It is costly but I think there's enough funds at this point.

Edited by Dual Dragons

Sanaki isn't very usable in Part 4. The only thing I can think of is if you have a dragon down to low health but couldn't finish it it off, then her Arcthunder could come in handy.

I kinda disagree, given that dealing about 3/4 of an enemy's HP in damage in one attack is pretty rad.

The thing with Jill is she's one of the few units in the DB who can get transfer bonuses (others being Sothe, Zihark, Ilyana [who doesn't really count for long since she leaves DB], and Tauroneo [also not counting Tormod and Muarim because haha availability]). Out of these units, she's less hampered by movement and has Canto and well as has some nice growing to do.

Aw damn I wish I used Jill more in PoR then. Definitely need to do a second playthrough of both games now.

For Micaiah, she gets all of 1-9 to herself (use the Black Knight when you see fit). And at this point, you have Paragon from 1-6-2. She can also Sacrifice spam if need be with Paragon (Sacrifice also works on status ailments, so the poison in 1-8 will do). If she gets close to level 20 or if both her Magic and Resistance capped, you could BEXP abuse her to get her Speed and possibly HP and Defense up, her Speed being top priority.

Thanks.
Ok I just cleared the first two parts. First part was easy, if annoying because of the Sleep and Silence staves. Second part was underwhelming. BK was a chump. The highlight was Haar's dialogue to Levain.
On the third part now, this one has a little difficulty because the dragons have really good accuracy and damage.

This chapter has a lot of +def and +res squares iirc. Careful placement can help you mitigate a lot of damage.

For the boss, you should have Nihil on Ike and your strongest combat units (royals, and anyone who can use Wyrmslayer/Thunder magic if you blessed it). It's best to deplete his HP in one turn.

Never mind, just beat the game. Unfortunately Boyd died from a direct hit from Ashera, and I had no idea how to save him. Will try to rectify that next playthrough.

Edited by Radiant head

I kinda disagree, given that dealing about 3/4 of an enemy's HP in damage in one attack is pretty rad.

Technically Sanaki is the best mage in the game, because she's excellent growths aside of speed and better caps than the male and female arch sage class.

The only issue is her very low base strength. But her 40% growth will equalize it very soon. She actually only needs 8 strength to use rexfire without AS penalty with blood tide. And she's capable to double the aura thanks ro rexflame +3 speed boost.

Technically Sanaki is the best mage in the game, because she's excellent growths aside of speed and better caps than the male and female arch sage class.

The only issue is her very low base strength. But her 40% growth will equalize it very soon. She actually only needs 8 strength to use rexfire without AS penalty with blood tide. And she's capable to double the aura thanks ro rexflame +3 speed boost.

Perhaps, but Rexflame is a better fit for Calill - Sanaki won't get the strength needed to use it with no penalty, barring RNG blessing. And she won't get the speed needed to double auras with it either.

Edited by Levant Caprice