• Kyle
    • Forde
    • Erik
    • Murray

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What was the context? Lyn Mode stats transfer over to Eli/Hector Mode.

It was LM normal. I just got it not too long ago. Then again I could be wrong but I just remember looking at both of their stats in the first chapter you get em and comparing them. Haven't gotten to them yet in Eli Mode.

Sain is the best, good strength, often not too shabby speed and skill (esp if RNG blessed and you can give him a secret book anyway), plus the most hillarious of those mostly straitlaced stick in the ass ideal chivalrous cavaliers...

You can't dismiss the power of seducing every girl in da camp and getting slapped by almost any girls...

Now now, this vote only get fair if Gartrie is included, but he's an Armor Knight

Edited by Prince Blueblood

come to think of it, if we're tossing LHM out, then it's a tie between Alance, Franz, and maybe Lowen.

Gotta admit tangela's useful.

How is Franz tied with Lowen? Just wonderin'

If we disregard LHM, the best Cavalier that could actually hit shits and hit shits really well is Kent (because untrained Sain can't hit a lot of shits in HHM)

If we disregard Sain and Kent's existence, the next best cavalier is Franz, great availability, and his recruit speech and support with Amelia (if you choose to train her) is cute esp "Ephraim take slave girls lol"

How is Franz tied with Lowen? Just wonderin'

-Both are the earliest joining non-lord/mounted growth units [What other dude are you going to focus that exp into aside from Hector/Eliwood? The rest of them kinda suck except for maybe Erk if you get lucky. I guess Oswin's alright, but his move sucks]. [if we discount Lyn mode.]

-Both are around forever.

-Lowen's pretty decent in fe7, since growths aren't everything. Dude can use the EHM steel sword w/o AS loss and 2HKO everything bar mercs/knights.

-He's likely to hit level 20 faster than Sain/Kent, thus getting a level lead and more time to get his axe rank up.

-There's ltc stuff.

-Drafts: Lowens the best non-peg knight pick in drafts iirc. [Correct me on this.]

-If we're including supports, he's got Rebecca for fireXfire and Eliwood for fireXanima

If we disregard LHM, the best Cavalier that could actually hit shits and hit shits really well is Kent (because untrained Sain can't hit a lot of shits in HHM)

If we disregard Sain and Kent's existence, the next best cavalier is Franz, great availability, and his recruit speech and support with Amelia (if you choose to train her) is cute esp "Ephraim take slave girls lol"

I see lowen fanboyism is strong with this one...

while we're at it, why not actually using Marcus and let Lowen function as Eliwood's riding boy? Marcus is everything that Lowen can't aspire to, unless we're talking about HP...

You should really read that list right above you, and see how many of those points apply to Marcus (hint: half of them don't, and this is the topic about best CAVALIER, not best pre-promote).

Pent, Priscilla, Serra, Lucius.

Warp staff, yo.

I see lowen fanboyism is strong with this one...

while we're at it, why not actually using Marcus and let Lowen function as Eliwood's riding boy? Marcus is everything that Lowen can't aspire to, unless we're talking about HP...

You have such a cavalier attitude towards reading a post BEFORE reply.

Btw, Stats aren't everything. Marcus is going to be beelining the boss in HHM, so Lowen gets to pick off all the scraps and do the side shit/chokepoint/ etc.

You should really read that list right above you, and see how many of those points apply to Marcus (hint: half of them don't, and this is the topic about best CAVALIER, not best pre-promote).

Pent, Priscilla, Serra, Lucius.

Warp staff, yo.

I kinda forgot about warp/rescue tbh. Tho I do recall that Horace introduced the concept of getting Erk/Canas staff grinded to A just in time for the important bits. [Please correct me if I'm wrong and it was PKL/SB/Shin that did this.]

How does Alan completely outvote Lance despite the fact that he throws javelins blindfolded?

Pretty much everyone throws Javelins blindfolded in FE6, he's not unique in that regard.

Meanwhile, he'll have more Strength than Lance on average and his Speed is typically good enough after a couple levels.

i'd actually agree lowen is better than warpers, serra and priscilla especially are pretty awful since any magic user bar nino can reach warp easily. Priscilla has a horse I guess.

I'd still say Sain/Kent are overall better though. Lowen's growths make me rage.

Edited by General Horace

So many votes for Sain...

Paladin Sain from LHM can be pretty good, but he joins later along with Kent and you already have Lowen for a few chapters doing Cavalier things. If Sain's not a Paladin from LHM then he's pretty average overall.

Franz on the other hand joins right at the beginning, and he is your only Cavalier until Chapter 8 when Kyle and Forde show up for real. Franz and Seth ride across the map leaving a path of destruction for many chapters. It's pretty easy to get Franz to at least level 15 by the route split without feeding him boss kills or grinding at all. He's just that good. And to top it all off, Franz and Seth have a support together making them even closer to invincible.

In their respective games, Franz is way better and has much more impact on the game for a longer period of time. It's not even close. Sain as a character is cool, but as a unit he's nothing extraordinary.

Lowen only has 1 vote, and yet here you all are praising him.

Let us praise Sain! The one true cavalier with proper cavalier attitude!

And who could blame me for acting so cavalier in a cavalier thread :P

Alright, let's talk about doing LTC Lyn mode as well, so no Eagler and Lundgren abuse... who means that Eagler and Lundgren is very likely to get Steel (or Heavy) Lance stabbed to their face repeatedly by... Sain, all while Kent and Rath (and dorcas) chain rescued Erk or Lucius that work as softener or Serra that work with healing Sain...

As well as using that knight crest on Wallace after he kill Eagler and some guys in Lundgren's stage (because come on, this is LTC and we will get him unless you deliberately use Eliwood and Hector instead of good ol' Marcus)

Sain is very likely level 9-10 (as well as Kent), so he still potentially have level (and stat) lead over lowen when he rejoin in 16, more so if you play EHM and he join in chapter 15.

if you're LTCing LHM then Kent/Sainadin just Lancereavers Lundgren to death after Florina ferries both the Paladin and Lyn over.

You also probably don't even recruit Wallace and just 2 turn Lloyd's FFO unless you are going for complete recruitment, in which case, don't do LHM first lol. Like I seriously doubt any possible turns you could save from doing LHM first in a CR would justify the effort in recruiting Wallace in HHM if he's at his LHM bases.

Edited by Irysa

pretty lvl 10 kent/sain isn't possible in ltc until the last chapter of the LHM.

But yeah, LHM saves no turns unless you're just doing a prep run for HHM with LHM boosts.

Wallace is never recruited in ltc.

pretty lvl 10 kent/sain isn't possible in ltc until the last chapter of the LHM.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hmSdX2MiRg&list=PLHhXqU1iGb01IHXQEsSD2CrHBLiqkQ-R-&index=13

nope

But yeah, LHM saves no turns unless you're just doing a prep run for HHM with LHM boosts.

Also nope, chapter 17 can be 6 turned with an extra Paladin.

Edited by Irysa

if you're LTCing LHM then Kent/Sainadin just Lancereavers Lundgren to death after Florina ferries both the Paladin and Lyn over.

You also probably don't even recruit Wallace and just 2 turn Lloyd's FFO unless you are going for complete recruitment, in which case, don't do LHM first lol. Like I seriously doubt any possible turns you could save from doing LHM first in a CR would justify the effort in recruiting Wallace in HHM if he's at his LHM bases.

While recruiting wallace is tricky in HHM LTC (it's far easier and really tempting to let him not promote and die ungloriously), it's more often as simple as sending Javelin-equipped Sain (and Kent if both has somewhat low level and or RNG screwed, or Kent Alone if your Kent is really good) to intercept wallace at his path of rampage, all while Marcus and Raven (or guy) taking the left path...

technically in ltc you just one turn Lloyd's chapter so wallance has no chance of being recruited

There aren't really any bad cavaliers though. Kyle, Forde and Treck are kind of mediocre I guess, but they're still 7 move units with some durability and offence.