• Replies 26.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• null

• DragonFlames

• Sooks

• Sidereal Wraith

Banned because there is no such thing as an opinion. Only interpretation of the flow of time relentlessly flowing past, taking all that stand in its way with it...

Banned because OH HECKING BOY IT'S NOT JUST ABOUT READING BOOKS.

If you are easily disturbed or frightened, then I'll plead with you to go nowhere near it.

I couldn't even continue playing it myself. I had to finish watching it in an LP with a streamer so I didn't feel so freaked out when seeing it.

Banned because that's kind of the point. I'll describe it to you since you're unlikely to play it. The game starts bright and cheery, but pretty quickly descends into a psychological horror story. It's graphic and horrifying. Intentional glitching of the game, self-aware dialogue, etc. Not usually my speed, but I was interested at a friend's mentioning of it.

Banned because I will stick to games that have dating simulators in which you charge your telephone beam.

Banned because don't get me wrong. I did like it. Quite a bit as a concept, actually. Sayori is best girl.

I just can't take too much of that genre. Wears on my nerves.

Edited by twilitfalchion

Banned because I loved that game. So creative.

Also banned because I have a surprise. Despite being the resident Marianne hater I...

actually agree. Sayori good.

19 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

Banned because I honestly expected something a bit grander or more...uh...intense, from how it was hyped up to me before.

Banned because it’s so catchy!

2 hours ago, Benice said:

Banned for playing a game about reading books. I think.

Banned because no, what few literature related events do take place all have to do with poetry. A wise choice, because it’s a really easy way to develop characters without struggling to write scenes and dialogue around it. Works wonders.

But if you want to know where the psychological horror comes from...

Spoiler

The core idea of the game is that it’s a standard dating simulator, but one of the gals, Monika, becomes self aware that she is in a video game designed only to be attractive. But she’s not actually a candidate for your affection, yet she’s fascinated by the real world so she uses her self awareness to hijack the game and make the other three characters’ flaws worse in an attempt to make the player voluntarily like her more, starting just a bit with the one the player character spends the most time with due to the natural story of the game, but then she says “why stop there?” and just “deletes” her from the game entirely. You then start up the game again while the story fixes itself to not need said character anymore, and is complete with random visual, written, and auditorial glitches while the other two not Monika characters go insane thanks to her and you get several deeply disturbing scenes until she deletes everything but herself and a room to sit in. Fun.

2 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

If you are easily disturbed or frightened, then I'll plead with you to go nowhere near it.

Banned because this @Benice. People with mental health issues are also strongly excercised caution, so yeah.

Banned because I honestly got so freaked out by the end of Act 1 and the following scene that I had to watch the rest of it on a YT live stream with a streamer commenting instead of playing it myself. Didn't feel so alone through the intense parts, lol.

What I personally was most bothered by were the jumpscares rather than the darker themes, tbh. I don't handle getting started well at all.

8 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Sayori good.

Yes. By the end of the first act I just wanted to give the poor girl a hug and all the good things.

And honestly, I was impressed by how accurate the depiction of mental illness and depression was.

9 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Banned because this @Benice. People with mental health issues are also strongly excercised caution, so yeah.

I also appreciated that. Before getting into the game you really need to be secure or stable mentally or I fear it could mess with someone a bit.

4 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Banned because I honestly got so freaked out by the end of Act 1 and the following scene that I had to watch the rest of it on a YT live stream with a streamer commenting instead of playing it myself. Didn't feel so alone through the intense parts, lol.

Banned because did you finish it? Act 2’s final scene is way more disturbing imo, although it lacks the very intense anticipation on the edge of your seat from the first one.

4 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

And honestly, I was impressed by how accurate the depiction of mental illness and depression was.

I adore the way it was handled.

Banned because I did finish it, just watching it rather than playing it. And avoiding the jumpscares and freak out moments when possible, lol.

Edited by twilitfalchion