Ban the User Above You

Splodge

6 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

Banned because it must be the karaoke because this showed up in my recs, lol. I laughed so hard.

B-but I've posted this video here before...

Also, fun fact, that footage was recorded in the demo of The Song of Life...Except the demo was accidentally the whole game for free.

Banned because cat.

• Replies 27k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• null

• DragonFlames

• Sidereal Wraith

• Sooks

2 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

Banned because oh, must've been a while.

Banned because you can make it up to me by either singing Machine Gun Kiss or playing Y0.

Banned because I jest, I jest. I didn't mean to make you feel bad...!

Just now, twilitfalchion said:

If the demo for Yakuza 6 is still available, I'll download it and give it a try.

NOOOOOO THE GAME DOESN'T HAVE A DEMO ANYMOOOOOREEEEEE-

Well, it'll come out on Steam on the 25th of this month, but I dunno if it'll have a demo. However, all non-Like A Dragon games are...I think either 19.99 or 25 USD on steam or free with Gamepass. And it's possible that all the games will go on sale to celebrate The Song of Life.

Banned for giving me hope!

16 minutes ago, Benice said:

Well, it'll come out on Steam on the 25th of this month, but I dunno if it'll have a demo. However, all non-Like A Dragon games are...I think either 19.99 or 25 USD on steam or free with Gamepass. And it's possible that all the games will go on sale to celebrate The Song of Life.

F, my laptop is a potato and I don't own an Xbox.

But, my PS3 has homebrew. So I can try one of the games on there without getting financially invested if I end up not liking it.

Banned for thinking Kiryu would kidnap you.

Edited by twilitfalchion

33 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

F, my laptop is a potato and I don't own an Xbox.

Every game in the series (worth playing) is on PS4 as well, just not free. I think SOME of the games are free with PS+ as well, but not all.

33 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

So I can try one of the games on there without getting financially invested if I end up not liking it.

If you want advice,

• Yakuza 3 is sort of the black sheep of the franchise-Very slow start, and the combat system's not great and many consider it to be the worst in the franchise. That said, I really, really enjoyed the story and cast, and this was the first Yakuza game to have Karaoke. And also there's a fully-fledged golf minigame. It'll spoil the end of 2 (I think), but will mostly make sense on its own. Also, it introduces second-best-boy-in-the-franchise, Rikiya. This game fleshes out its cast very, very well and has one of the stronger stories in the series in my opinion. It's also the only game to date where you can play in Ryukyu for extended periods of time.
  • Yakuza 4 has solid gameplay and introduces third-best-boy-in-the-franchise, Akiyama and has a much, much better gameplay, having four playable characters: Akiyama, Tanimura, Saejima and Kiryu, each one with a unique fighting style. However, this game's story is pretty weak by Yakuza standards, but is not awful. And we have the rubber bullets memes because of it, which can be seen as a good thing. The best part of this game's story was, to me, Saejima's segment. He starts off as a completely unlikeable cutthroat, but he gets much, much better over time.
  • Yakuza 5 is oft quoted as one of the best games in the franchise. It's set in five different cities, with five different playable characters. However, the thing with 5 is that each character has a different gameplay style, as well as a subplot that develops each character-Such as Kiryu's taxi racing minigame. Part 1 is a standard Yakuza game, Part 2 is really unique and experimental, half of part 3 is an idol game and the other half is a normal Yakuza game, part 4 has a unique playable character and a baseball minigame and part 5 is the finale, which is mostly a standard Yakuza. However, this game has a metric ton of characters and the different play styles are forced upon you, so if there is a segment or style of gameplay you don't like, that part of the game won't be great for you. Also, it has the best Karaoke of the PS3 era.

Personally, I'd start with 3, but any of these would function well enough as starting points. (My Yakuza ranking for story is 0>7>2>3>1>5>4, with 6 currently falling between 0 and 2.)

There's also Dead Souls, the spinoff, but...

From what I've heard, it's...Not great.

EDIT:

As a tl;dr,

Yakuza 3 is the "story first" option to an extent, Yakuza 4 is the "Standard Yakuza gameplay, but done very well" option, and Yakuza 5 is the "Bigger is better/I wanna see everything this series has tried to do" option.

All of these games also have remasters on PS4, Xbox and steam.

Banned because F.

Edited by Benice

Banned because it'll make less sense as you'll have missed the previous four/five Haruka/Kiryu entries, and if you don't like certain styles of gameplay, (Especially part 2) then a quarter to a third of the game won't be enjoyable to you. What's more is that there are SO many characters that it's incredibly tricky to keep track of them all-I didn't even remember who the heckin' final boss was.

But yeah, a lot of people do consider it to be the best, and it's one that I'll have to try for myself, since the streamer I watched didn't like it.

Ninja'd

Edited by Benice

5 hours ago, Benice said:

Every game in the series (worth playing) is on PS4 as well, just not free. I think SOME of the games are free with PS+ as well, but not all.

If you want advice,

• Yakuza 3 is sort of the black sheep of the franchise-Very slow start, and the combat system's not great and many consider it to be the worst in the franchise. That said, I really, really enjoyed the story and cast, and this was the first Yakuza game to have Karaoke. And also there's a fully-fledged golf minigame. It'll spoil the end of 2 (I think), but will mostly make sense on its own. Also, it introduces second-best-boy-in-the-franchise, Rikiya. This game fleshes out its cast very, very well and has one of the stronger stories in the series in my opinion. It's also the only game to date where you can play in Ryukyu for extended periods of time.
  • Yakuza 4 has solid gameplay and introduces third-best-boy-in-the-franchise, Akiyama and has a much, much better gameplay, having four playable characters: Akiyama, Tanimura, Saejima and Kiryu, each one with a unique fighting style. However, this game's story is pretty weak by Yakuza standards, but is not awful. And we have the rubber bullets memes because of it, which can be seen as a good thing. The best part of this game's story was, to me, Saejima's segment. He starts off as a completely unlikeable cutthroat, but he gets much, much better over time.
  • Yakuza 5 is oft quoted as one of the best games in the franchise. It's set in five different cities, with five different playable characters. However, the thing with 5 is that each character has a different gameplay style, as well as a subplot that develops each character-Such as Kiryu's taxi racing minigame. Part 1 is a standard Yakuza game, Part 2 is really unique and experimental, half of part 3 is an idol game and the other half is a normal Yakuza game, part 4 has a unique playable character and a baseball minigame and part 5 is the finale, which is mostly a standard Yakuza. However, this game has a metric ton of characters and the different play styles are forced upon you, so if there is a segment or style of gameplay you don't like, that part of the game won't be great for you. Also, it has the best Karaoke of the PS3 era.

Personally, I'd start with 3, but any of these would function well enough as starting points. (My Yakuza ranking for story is 0>7>2>3>1>5>4, with 6 currently falling between 0 and 2.)

There's also Dead Souls, the spinoff, but...

From what I've heard, it's...Not great.

EDIT:

As a tl;dr,

Yakuza 3 is the "story first" option to an extent, Yakuza 4 is the "Standard Yakuza gameplay, but done very well" option, and Yakuza 5 is the "Bigger is better/I wanna see everything this series has tried to do" option.

All of these games also have remasters on PS4, Xbox and steam.

Banned because F.

Banned because I see. Thanks for explaining.

Banned because I wrote a wall of text about a whole bunch of games you're not that interested in, huh...

Ah well.

Banned because good.

And double banned because I never actually found chapter 13 to be that bad, so I hope you have the same experience.

Also you have to play FE6 HM next.

Edited by Benice