Etrian Odyssey

Sunwoo

Two EO related things:

1) GUESS WHO FINALLY OWNS ETRIAN ODYSSEY UNTOLD 2: THE FAFNIR KNIGHT AND THEREFORE DOES NOT NEED TO COMPLAIN ABOUT WAITING FOR SAID GAME ANY LONGER?

... Sorry about that...

So, yeah- I got the game on the Tuesday after it came out in Europe. I'm really enjoying it's! The wait was totally worth it! I'm playing Story Mode ATM, though I have two Classic Mode Guilds ready and waiting to go. I'm on the 3rd Stratum (which is really pretty) but I need to defeat Arachne before I progress. I'm at level 29 for all characters bar Bertrand (who's level 27 because I rested him). Any advice that I need for the fight?

2) ETRIAN ODYSSEY V NEWS AT LAST! And I want this game already! The races system sounds pretty cool, and the character creation system is certainly better than ever. Haven't seen any gameplay yet, but I am trying to find it! :)

• Replies 811
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Arachne - IIRC you should kill it with fire (really). Fafnir's Limit covers all three elements, so finish her off with that if you can (as it'll calculate damage based on the fire portion of it).

Arachne - IIRC you should kill it with fire (really). Fafnir's Limit covers all three elements, so finish her off with that if you can (as it'll calculate damage based on the fire portion of it).

I know that Arachne is weak to fire, and that there's a bit in her room that, if you burn it, can take off half her HP. I also knows that she likes binding the party. Anything else I need to know? Or is my team good enough to go in there and slaughter her?

Also:

Why do Therica As heal Bindings and Therica Bs heal ailments?

Surely it should be that Therica As heal Ailments and Therica Bs heal bindings?

Anyways- I'm gonna buy 5 more Therica As, get all my other healing items and then go in.

(I also put an Unbind Grimore on Arianna, just to let you know.)

Edit: Arachne's dead. Took 2 days of planning and 15 minutes of battling, but she's down!

Thank goodness.

Edited by Irony

omg

Ikr? The Localisation team missed out on a golden opportunity, it's logical, plus I did spend a couple of hours thinking that Therica As healed Ailments, and Therica Bs healed Bindings. :/

• 2 weeks later...

I just can't take the Broonie seriously u_u

It's like they seen the Mediums and said 'Hmm, we're going to do a race based around her'... That's make me want to gag.

But geez, seems like they really improved... pretty much everything. But special mention for the map.

Kind of irritating that you can't put everything you want to put in a map. Right EO3 ?

Edited by B.Leu

The new information looks good-

I think I have my main Guild Leader for my EOV Guild! :D A female Necromancer named Azriel! :D

(FYI- I have main Guild Leaders for each of my Etrian Odyssey Guilds. For EOIV, it was Blade for my first Guild and Kader for my second. Both were Landsharks. For EOU, my main Guild Leader was Jalen the Medic. For my main EOUII Guild, it's Haya the Ronin. And now Azriel the Necromancer.)

So... what about EOV has been making you excited? Just asking for fun.

The one thing that is making me the most excited is probably the news about no versatility features in the game, after two games and two remakes that were somewhat easier than previous entries, it will be a nice change of pace to go back to the old style.

Another thing that makes me excited is the inclusion of even more tabletop-style events, these tend to make some of the most memorable moments in the game (Thieving Squirrels anyone?)

And finally, the classes, i like the look of most of the classes and races with the exception of the Reaper, the Herbalist and the Shaman.

The only thing im somewhat iffy about is the inclusion of more more "magic" elements into the game, it's nitpicking, but to me, it feels a little out of place, remember EOI, where the Hexers were the only thing that suggested that magic existed in the world?

I want EOV to surprise me, so I've been intentionally avoiding all the news articles. The only bit of info I want is a NA release date!

Ah, well here I wanted to take a closer look at all the classes, talking about what we learned about them and talk about my possible team, so... I'll do that in a spoiler then ?

Might as well prepare for the headache that will be the team building... and naming them. -_-

I think we can safely say that Dragoon is the Guardian/Hoplite/tank of the game, so it will be the first member of my team.

Fencer look like a Lank, while Cestus seem to be a Monk. Maybe the Cestus will have healing skills ? They seem pretty generic.

The Reaper 'Brings death with its sickle', I think we have our ailments/bondage master here !

I'm a bit wary of the Necromancer class, it is described as 'summoners that controls departed souls'. It sounds like a Widling, but it also look like a Hexer. Warlock definitly seems to be the magic caster of the game, so that's a probably must have.

Masurao... yeah, that's the Ronin/Shogun/Glass Cannon, it will probably be in my team too. I'm interested by the 'fight with four sword' bit. Meanwhile the Hound have a bow, but they say that they fight with their hawks/hound, so they seem to be a mix between the Beast and the Survivalist. Which actually doesn't sounds bad.

Herbalist seems to be your healer, so, a must have. Meanwhile the Shaman look like a Troubadour, and an Arcanist imo.

So my team will probably be...

Dragoon - Fencer/Cestus/Masurao - Reaper

Herbalist - Warlock

But if the warlock fail to be good,well, I'll probably replace it by a Shaman, Necromancer or Hound.

It's not like we know much anyways, it is just assuptions on what they say and show on the news, but better be safe.

Another thing that makes me excited is the inclusion of even more tabletop-style events, these tend to make some of the most memorable moments in the game (Thieving Squirrels anyone?)

I, loved those squirrels. Seriously, the troll that it was for them to steal your only wire was just so good. :p

It'll be less funny if they stole my weapons, my Nectars, my TP healing items though.

Or maybe not, maybe it'll be fun and painful as the same time.

Edited by B.Leu

What part of EOV excites me is the same thing that excites me in most RPG games: The classes and character building.

Doesn't seem like there's a lot of info on the classes right now, but I'm looking forward to them nonetheless. Although the lack of info makes it harder to start team planning, heh.

I just can't take the Broonie seriously u_u

It's like they seen the Mediums and said 'Hmm, we're going to do a race based around her'... That's make me want to gag.

Probable basis of the Bronie race from Nora no Toki on the NDS which Himukai, the character designer/artist also worked on.

The pink Herbalist looks similar. Take that as you will.

Should be noted that there's also a mythical race named Brownie, that's been around for centuries.. They're like gnomes, or hobbits, basically. I don't really mind them that much, for that reason.

Ah, well here I wanted to take a closer look at all the classes, talking about what we learned about them and talk about my possible team, so... I'll do that in a spoiler then ?

Might as well prepare for the headache that will be the team building... and naming them. -_-

Up to you. I have no idea what any of that means, so if you want to reply straight-away, go for it~! I'll still keep tabs on the topic, in the hopes of a release date. THEN I will make myself miserable. :P:

So... what about EOV has been making you excited? Just asking for fun.

The one thing that is making me the most excited is probably the news about no versatility features in the game, after two games and two remakes that were somewhat easier than previous entries, it will be a nice change of pace to go back to the old style.

And finally, the classes, i like the look of most of the classes and races with the exception of the Reaper, the Herbalist and the Shaman.

The only thing im somewhat iffy about is the inclusion of more more "magic" elements into the game, it's nitpicking, but to me, it feels a little out of place, remember EOI, where the Hexers were the only thing that suggested that magic existed in the world?

Bolded : That would actually be the thing I'm the more iffy about...

I would honnestly consider it cheap difficulty if t wasn't EO (but EO walways did a pretty good job at making things hard but fair (except sometimes the 6th Stratum, but that's normal), so I don't worry that much. And I really respect them a lot for making this choice)

I wasn't a fan of Grimoire for various reasons (mostly the randomness of it), but I liked sub-classing since it added a level of strategy and planning.

What I'm expecting is simply for the magic to work once again.

It's a totally new place to explore, with new monsters (including FOEs), classes, and everything!

Just the thought of it is making my heart beat in excitation (and a little anxiety too.).

For the classes, I'd probably want to try them all. I want at leats one of each race, it's the only thing I'm sure off. Being able to hit for each elemeents (both physical and elemental) is a must, and I need heal/Support/Tank + Binds/Status...

Should be noted that there's also a mythical race named Brownie, that's been around for centuries.. They're like gnomes, or hobbits, basically. I don't really mind them that much, for that reason.

I know them mainly from Dragon Quest.

Etrian Odyssey ? Fair ? Since when ? It's an Atlus game, it's not fair, it's feed off your tears and blood. :p

Not that I'm complaining.

I'm not sure what to think about the possible lack of subclasses, in on way, yeah, it's simpler, but one the other hand, it's less deep. So, Dunno dunno dunno.

Up to you. I have no idea what any of that means, so if you want to reply straight-away, go for it~! I'll still keep tabs on the topic, in the hopes of a release date. THEN I will make myself miserable. :P:

Well, yeah, it's really barebone info-wise.

Release date ?. August 4. In Japan.
... Yay... Oh that ? Don't mind it, it's the yay of despair that is in everyone's souls.

Except the one who have a JP 3DS. And we can be sure that the EU release will be after the US release.

... Just so much despair in my words, you could taste it.

But they are freaking Loli/Shota. I just feel dirty in advance. ><

Edited by B.Leu

Etrian Odyssey ? Fair ? Since when ? It's an Atlus game, it's not fair, it's feed off your tears and blood. :p

Not that I'm complaining.

I'm not sure what to think about the possible lack of subclasses, in on way, yeah, it's simpler, but one the other hand, it's less deep. So, Dunno dunno dunno.

Well, yeah, it's really barebone info-wise.

Release date ?. August 4. In Japan.

... Yay... Oh that ? Don't mind it, it's the yay of despair that is in everyone's souls.

Except the one who have a JP 3DS. And we can be sure that the EU release will be after the US release.

... Just so much despair in my words, you could taste it.

But they are freaking Loli/Shota. I just feel dirty in advance. ><

Well, even bosses (including the ultimate oen) can be Binded/Affected by status aliment and can have weaknesses.

It's really unforgiving, sure, but I don't remember any really cheap tricks.

Most of the time, you lose because of your own mistakes or lack of preparation (even if it asks you to be crazy prepared.).

Of course, even the common ennemies can utter destroy you if you're careless, but each tiem I lose I scream at myself because I was overconfident, not as the game for being pure bullshit.

That's what I mean by "fair : it constantly pushese you to your limits (even in Normal Mode), but it never betray its own rules.

ANd that kind of difficulty is really rare, so that's one of the strongest aspect of EO to me.

We won't have it ther before 2018... It'll be a long wait indeed.

Well EO always had lolis, (though maybe not as frontal as here, I'l admit.)

I guess if it's the only "problem" the game has, I can live with it.

I'm level 38 in Story Mode Standard Difficulty. Guild Esbat- yay or nay?

Edit: I decided to do it Anyways. Succeeded on my 2nd attempt on the 16th turn. It was kinda easy??

Edited by Irony

I'm level 38 in Story Mode Standard Difficulty. Guild Esbat- yay or nay?

Edit: I decided to do it Anyways. Succeeded on my 2nd attempt on the 16th turn. It was kinda easy??

Esbat is somewhat gimmicky. Defeat the gimmick, and they're not that bad. Best of luck on the stratum boss - you'll need it.