What would you say are the easiest Fire Emblem games?

Katie

Which FEs do you guys think are the easiest? Assume the easiest possible difficulty mode is chosen.

Normal Casual Awakening has got to easily be the easiest FE. It is a breeze to play, especially if you have DLC.

Sacred Stones is also up there, due to a variety of reasons, such as easy grinding, the ability to solo with Seth, etc. The only difficult things about it are the lack of Casual mode (hadn't been invented yet), and the eventual costliness of Tower grinding due to having to pay to replace broken weapons, at least until you get Rennac/promote Colm, after which you can loot that one chest on the 3rd floor for easy money with no lockpicks necessary.

Normal Casual New Mystery is also pretty easy, though there are some chapters that will still prove tough, such as chapter 11, especially if you want to recruit Jake, as you need to manage to keep Caeda alive long enough to reach him, which is kinda hard with all those 12 move Wyverns and stuff. It's definitely a lot easier than the original Mystery of the Emblem though, especially with the lack of infinite reinforcements, which made certain chapters in the original, such as chapter 3 and chapter 6, really annoying.

Genealogy is easily the easiest SNES Fire Emblem, and one of the easier FEs overall. For one thing, it has map saves, which allow you to restart if a unit dies and not have to redo the whole chapter. For another, weapons are able to be repaired, so you don't have to worry about conserving weapon uses and replacing weapons when broken. Then there are the game breaking Holy Weapons. Not to mention that while some units are better than others, as long as everyone gets paired, there aren't really any units in the game that are downright bad. Even Arden can be good if you put some effort into him.

Gaiden's another relatively easy one, given various mechanics such as the ability to grind, lack of weapon durability, and the abiity to revive characters in the shrine.

What are your guys' thoughts?

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think comparing them on anything other than the hardest difficulty is pointless when it comes on choosing the easiest

The western version of Path of Radiance is the easiest imo. Even maniac mode isn't that hard, and that version doesn't have it.

FE4 is also another one really easy.

FE8 is easy as well but some chapters of Ephraim's route can be a bit challenging.

Edited by Nobody

Awakening is the easiest. I'm surprised anyone is saying PoR or RD, I found the latter ridiculously hard. The former wasn't as difficult, but still hard.

Assuming hardest difficulties.

Path of Radiance is far above Sacred Stones as far as ease is concerned. At least Sacred Stones has tough endgame bosses. PoR never really challenges you and gives you more resources than you know what to do with. The enemies get really bulky but they aren't that strong.

FE4 is not easy for someone going in blind. We've explored the game to death by now. The game throws some serious curve balls at a blind player.

Awakening is on both hard and easy spectrums.

Path of Radiance. Just stick to using Paladins and fliers, and the game is insanely easy. The only remotely difficult parts are the Black Knight fight, but you don't even have to win that one (just not die), and hard mode Ashnard.

Haven't played FE8, so for me Awakening comes next, but I haven't done Lunatic+ either.

Edited by Radiant head

If we're talking easiest difficulty, then most of them are not really that tough. Like, people say Sacred Stones is really easy but it's Normal mode is probably harder than ENM. FE6 and possibly earlier ones are harder, and FE10 is slightly harder, but not by too much.

On hardest difficulty, probably FE9 on Hard, but if we allow FE9 Maniac then likely FE8. FE4 is easy if you know what you're doing, but that's kinda the point of a strategy game. If you don't know how to break it, it's a fairly reasonable FE with a lot of tricky moments to deal with (generally involving enemies with holy weapons). FE8 has a few tough points, but nothing too horrible. FE9 Hard is just consistently... eh. The later ones are obviously much harder (FE10 hard is pretty nasty and FE11-13 have probably the three hardest highest difficulty settings, especially FE13's Luna+). FE5-7 have quite tough to hard highest difficulties and FE1-3 I haven't played so can't easily comment on.

Sacred Stones has occasional moments of bullshit in the form of Stone. Blazing Sword has occasional moments of bullshit in the form of the final chapter. With save states, I'd vote for Blazing Sword, as the absolute worst boss can be OHKO'd thanks to rigging. Without save stats, it's Sacred Stones Eirika route - because of the lack of Fort Rigwald's Sleep staves.

Sacred Stones has occasional moments of bullshit in the form of Stone. Blazing Sword has occasional moments of bullshit in the form of the final chapter. With save states, I'd vote for Blazing Sword, as the absolute worst boss can be OHKO'd thanks to rigging. Without save stats, it's Sacred Stones Eirika route - because of the lack of Fort Rigwald's Sleep staves.

Luna Athos, heal, refresh with Nils if Athos didn't crit, gg?

Luna Athos, heal, refresh with Nils if Athos didn't crit, gg?

With 120 HP, you'll either need Filla's Might for a OHKO with a crit, or a body ring and at least one crit. Otherwise, you'll need to refresh Athos.

Either way, the odds of pulling a ORKO are pretty high, to the point where the rest of the dragon-slaying weapons are not needed.

I think for difficulty, we're just talking about how difficult it is to get through the game, not how hard it is to get high rankings. I mean, half the games don't even have ranking systems so it wouldn't even work when considering the difficulty of all the games in the series.

Against the Dragon, that might be a good strategy. Against Uhai, Kenneth, etc... not so much.

Actually, Kenneth might be a little easy to take out. Seeing as Athos w/o Stat Boosters has 17 AS w/Luna while Kenneth has 13 AS. In fact, even if he can't outright double any magic slinger in the Endgame, he could still tank them at least. (Unless if it's Nergal and he's not using Aureola. Don't get me wrong, though. Nergal's still easy. But you never want to be careless around him regardless.) If anything, it's the melee attackers he has the most trouble with. And even then, you still have others that are picking up the slack. (Those Reed Bros. though.)

Actually, Kenneth might be a little easy to take out. Seeing as Athos w/o Stat Boosters has 17 AS w/Luna while Kenneth has 13 AS. In fact, even if he can't outright double any magic slinger in the Endgame, he could still tank them at least. (Unless if it's Nergal and he's not using Aureola. Don't get me wrong, though. Nergal's still easy. But you never want to be careless around him regardless.) If anything, it's the melee attackers he has the most trouble with. And even then, you still have others that are picking up the slack. (Those Reed Bros. though.)

The Reed brothers can be handled by a single item - the Berserk staff, which Athos can wield.

Sacred Stones, by far. I'd say Shadow Dragon is probably up there too. Awakening can be as well.

I'm surprised by people saying FE9 or FE10 though. The latter I consider one of the toughest in the series, and while FE9 isn't the hardest, it's no cakewalk.

The only reason why Shadow Dragon dodges this is because of enemy manaketes and their non-advertised stat bonuses, mage dragons, and the fact that Gharnef is a gimmicky dude.

Sacred Stones, by far. I'd say Shadow Dragon is probably up there too. Awakening can be as well.

I'm surprised by people saying FE9 or FE10 though. The latter I consider one of the toughest in the series, and while FE9 isn't the hardest, it's no cakewalk.

FE10 is one of those games where a little bit of foreknowledge goes a long way. Blind runs of hard mode can be tough, but if you've got a sense of who to use and who not to use, your best units carry the day.

FE10 is one of those games where a little bit of foreknowledge goes a long way. Blind runs of hard mode can be tough, but if you've got a sense of who to use and who not to use, your best units carry the day.

still, as the easiest? i can't see it.

hell, FE4 is pretty easy, but doing it blind can be tough depending on pairings, i actually want to do a all replacement run but i don't wanna play threw gen 1 if i'm not gonna be pairing up people.

i think i'd have to vote for FE2.

Edited by HF Makalov Fanboy Kai