What would you say are the easiest Fire Emblem games?

Katie

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If FE3 Book 1 is counted as its own separate game, it's the easiest in my mind by far. Otherwise I'm going to have to go with FE9. Assuming they are judged by their hardest difficulties, of course.

I disagree, not when it has bullshit like that fucking Sniper in the treasure room in chapter 11 that unless you've arena grinded can one-shot Julian and can't be ORKO'd by any of your units. Not to mention the Archanea Palace chapter. Fuck that chapter. That one has a stupid Sniper too, one that critted on my Dolph when I lured it, making me have to rely on fucking Macellan as my armor knight because Draug got killed in the Lefcandith Gauntlet. Fuck those goddamn Snipers, man. And don't get me started on the infinite reinforcements in book too. And that lack of mid map saving is also a huge source of frustration. Sure, as a whole it's easy for the most part, but there are too many frustrating chapters for it ot be considered easy as a whole.

Anyway, I've never played PoR, so I wasn't aware it was that easy. Good to know for when I get around to playing it.

And I suppose if you take a blind run into account Genealogy would be much harder. I've never played it blind before though, so I woudn't know.

How difficult is FE1 by the way? I tried playing through it, but I was so put off by the lack of battle previews and the stupid inventory system that I quit in the middle of chapter 2.

i wanna see a playthough where the blind player just fucks up everything in FE4, getting awful pairings or none of them at all, not passing down the legendary weapons that can be passed down, then trying to do the second gen with all of it.

complete with them going "oh my god i don't understand why do people say this is so easy, am i that fucking bad at fire emblem?"

for the cherry on top, if they somehow make it to the end game, they finish the fucking up by accidentally killing Julia and overriding their save files or save states.

while its easy for me to beat FE4, i also remember that i'm an autistic 22 year old adult who's dedicated 12 years of his life to mastering strategy games.

not everyone has my time and experience that i've put in, and i'm certain that most people you all know in real life couldn't beat FE4, or other games in the series.

ya'll got to remember that we ain't the average gamer.

While you have a pretty good point (cuz i suck at FE4), i found plenty of folks irl that can handle FE8. However, i do not think FE8 is the easiest game in the series. Nah. That title goes to this bad dog:

Fire_Emblem_PoR_Boxart.JPG

Shit is fuggin' easy. I think the hardest part of the game is Berserk!Ashnard on Hard mode only because he moves. And likely will try to squish Reyson and thats bad times. Shouldnt be too hard to trap him though. The only thing thats a challenge in FE9 is Pacifist Mode in chapter 11 and getting max BEXP in the desert level (while still getting all the goodies and Stefan). Everything else is "move Titania over there and destroy." and later, "Move Marcia and more Paladins over there." /shrug

Edited by Loki Laufeyson

Judging any of the games on easy or normal mode is stupid.

Path of Radiance is definitely the easiest with Sacred Stones as a close second.

While you have a pretty good point (cuz i suck at FE4), i found plenty of folks irl that can handle FE8. However, i do not think FE8 is the easiest game in the series. Nah. That title goes to this bad dog:

Fire_Emblem_PoR_Boxart.JPG

Shit is fuggin' easy. I think the hardest part of the game is Berserk!Ashnard on Hard mode only because he moves. And likely will try to squish Reyson and thats bad times. Shouldnt be too hard to trap him though. The only thing thats a challenge in FE9 is Pacifist Mode in chapter 11 and getting max BEXP in the desert level (while still getting all the goodies and Stefan). Everything else is "move Titania over there and destroy." and later, "Move Marcia and more Paladins over there." /shrug

I got frustrated with that, so I just had Ike solo the map. But you know, the fact that Ike can actually do that is a testament to how easy the game is.

i love 9, but it has to be one of the easiest, 8 atleast has some hard maps, the only super tough part of 9 is berserk ashnard.

Oh i love FE9 too. You know why i love it? Cuz i can train Makalov without effort on modes other than Easy. That shit wins.

To be fair to PoR, the BK fight is a bitch, but its not like you have to win. You can just bail and getting Nasir isnt that big of a deal tbh. It just feels cool to be able to beat the BK.

i love 9, but it has to be one of the easiest, 8 atleast has some hard maps, the only super tough part of 9 is berserk ashnard.

Berserk Ashnard gets ORKO'd by Wrath Resolve Ike. And if your Ike sucks then Wrath Resolve Nasir. FE9 is derp. But in a good way. I like how everyone can kick ass.

^Errr, I thought Julius halved his opponent's attack power, not damage?

That's what I meant, sorry for wording it wrong. Edited by Ownagepuffs

Alvis is another one designed to incinerate all hope of anyone without a holy weapon. 70 Atk hitting res? No thanks, Jeff.

Well, not /all/ hope, I'd say. I beat him once with Holyn!Lakche @Silver Blade (70HP, 5Res, nicely avoids the OHKO), with a lot of support, of course. In entire fairness, I did that on purpose and prepped for it and knew what I was doing.

I would not recommend doing it unless you're me and like to make Lakche pull off weird things, certainly, but it's not impossible.

Edited by Thor Odinson

Berserk Ashnard gets ORKO'd by Wrath Resolve Ike. And if your Ike sucks then Wrath Resolve Nasir. FE9 is derp. But in a good way. I like how everyone can kick ass.

If your Ike sucks, it's Wrath/Resolve Ena, and you better save up all of your BEXP.

EDIT: This is actually not completely necessary. Transformed and at half HP, base Ena has 151 Hit against Ashnard's 54/56 evade. With one Speedwing she does 66 damage against Ashnard in one round with a pair of Wrath/Resolve crits, and with two she 2RKOs (3HKOs) second form Ashnard. Granted, Ena can't evade the attack, and her half HP (which is 52 HP) gets murdered by Gurugant. The only hope is to position her to take a hit on EP, two Wrath/Resolve crits to finish Ashnard off, then the next term she attacks on player phase, gets hit, and wrath/resolve crits back, then you heal her and Ashnard repeats on enemy phase.

Edited by Lord Raven

i wanna see a playthough where the blind player just fucks up everything in FE4, getting awful pairings or none of them at all, not passing down the legendary weapons that can be passed down, then trying to do the second gen with all of it.

complete with them going "oh my god i don't understand why do people say this is so easy, am i that fucking bad at fire emblem?"

for the cherry on top, if they somehow make it to the end game, they finish the fucking up by accidentally killing Julia and overriding their save files or save states.

while its easy for me to beat FE4, i also remember that i'm an autistic 22 year old adult who's dedicated 12 years of his life to mastering strategy games.

not everyone has my time and experience that i've put in, and i'm certain that most people you all know in real life couldn't beat FE4, or other games in the series.

ya'll got to remember that we ain't the average gamer.

Challenge. Fucking. Accepted. Well, after I finish up that FE7CM run. I've made it to Chapter 2, and don't really remember how much else works, except for "Sylvia stays single, and Holsety is broken".

---

I actually had problems with Path of Radiance. I'm not sure if it's because of the GUI, or the graphics, or what, but my mind simply refuses to acknowledge it as a proper FE game, and them I'm thrown for a loop and FUCK DID OSCAR JUST DIE?

Challenge. Fucking. Accepted. Well, after I finish up that FE7CM run. I've made it to Chapter 2, and don't really remember how much else works, except for "Sylvia stays single, and Holsety is broken".

---

I actually had problems with Path of Radiance. I'm not sure if it's because of the GUI, or the graphics, or what, but my mind simply refuses to acknowledge it as a proper FE game, and them I'm thrown for a loop and FUCK DID OSCAR JUST DIE?

oh dear, with that said i'll be keeping an eye out for it on the lp section.

Actually, I'm gonna say that FE13 on Normal and Hard mode Classic is EASIER than FE8 on Easy and Normal Modes.

FE8: It took me about 4 playthroughs to actually get to the final Boss and defeat him (though I was new to the series, to be fair. Plus, I was doing it whilst keeping all of the characters alive.) and I have only defeated the Demon King once.

FE13: Defeated 6 or 7 times. Defeated Priam Easily with only 2 units fielded.

Did I use the Tower in 8? Yes.

Did I use DLC in 13? Not for the first couple of playthroughs, where I didn't even bother to grind. I do now, yes.

FE13 seems easier because you've have experience with the series, so you know better than to put Sumia in range of a bunch of arrows. I think Seth flattens FE8 harder than Frederick does with FE13.

I'm a pretty big advocate for FE8 being harder than what people give it credit for, but FE13 Hard mode definately is more difficult than FE8 Easy/Normal (they're the exact same except easy has tutorials).

FE8 promoted units in Normal are oftentimes weaker than unpromoted units, it's just really really sad.

FE8 has its difficult moments for sure, especially on Ephraim route. There's some pretty tough/annoying bosses too ... Tirado, Vigarde, the desert bosses, Orson ... it's definitely not as easy as FE9.

Berserk Staves alone mean FE8 probably isn't the easiest. I remember having some trouble way back when..

Stone (+ Shadowshot) too, to some extent.

edit: eh, I guess this means I'd go with FE9 myself. Maniac is a bit obscure for most, unless we add some qualifiers.

Berserk and Stone are easy to avoid and are in not very tricky maps

+Promoted enemy units suck in the game so like the berserk druid(it was a druid if i remember) has crappy stats and you start with a godly unit whos only flaw is that you might just might use 1 speed wing on him and he can only hold so many Javs great supports great affinity amazing stats and bigger solo potencial then even alm and sigurd

Final boss is a joke

The last chapter is a joke

Eirikas Route is a Joke

Ephraims Route is challenging at times (Seth Killed Orson doe preety easy too)

Give me one reason why FE8 is any harder then FE7HHM or FE6N

Its about as easy as FE9 while having some edge on it

by having more then 1 one somewhat challenging map

Edited by TTPK_Tal

How difficult is FE1 by the way? I tried playing through it, but I was so put off by the lack of battle previews and the stupid inventory system that I quit in the middle of chapter 2.

One could argue that the game is more tedious than difficult, haha. I personally enjoy it a fair amount, though.

It's hard to objectively rank difficulties, but it certainly isn't among the hardest in the series.

FE8 has its difficult moments for sure, especially on Ephraim route. There's some pretty tough/annoying bosses too ... Tirado, Vigarde, the desert bosses, Orson ... it's definitely not as easy as FE9.

Tirado, Vigarde and Orson can be wrecked easily by Reginleif.

Only great shield can be annoying.

The only annoying boss is Carlyle because of his high avoid and crit rate.

Swordslayer helps a lot, but I normally don't train Garcia and Ross (because they always suck in my runs) so I have to use Ewan against him.

If Ike doesn't have wrath / resolve.

Edited by Mister IceTeaPeach

Peg sisters are more powerful than the dread lords, in my opinion. Dear god fighting them made me want to hurt an innocent animal. 25 AS, 1-2 Range healing offense, pursuit, continue, awareness, critical. Wow.

If you are referring to the final chapter, I just threw Shanan and his Balmung with 30 (+10) Skill and 30 (+20) Speed at them and watched them get ripped apart.

As for easiest, Sacred Stones, and Path of Radiance from what I've played. I cannot imagine Sacred Stones EM if NM was such a cakewalk This might be a bit of a subjective thing, but FE6 and FE7 NM feel much easier for me since I've played FE6 HM and FE7 HHM.

This logic can be applied to any FE game.

Applies more to some games than others though.

Speaking of SS, I've heard the Japanese version has beefier enemy stats. And I'm pretty sure the awful Easy / Normal promoted unit stats are a glitch, which is a shame.

Edited by feplus