Code Geass Mafia - Game Over

charlie_

Refa you are so wrong what is the matter?

Also I completely missed Baldrick's original bluedoom case and it's also bad and you're bad for sheeping it at all. Blue is easily the towniest player in the game aside from maybe Paperblade due to how direct he is with his line of thinking (his thought progression is really easy to see and the motive behind it is highly agreeable).

-You're fine with kirsche's post despite him scumreading someone you're not bothered with. Did this not at least make you reevaluate your townread on me?

You can accept someone's logic without agreeing with it.

The stuff you mention about her filler is true normally, but I'm pretty sure Eury does that in every game? Why not use meta for this while sitting on "Eury can do better" meta later? Don't cherry pick meta to make your case more convenient. I do this all the time though as both alignments though.

-GP wasn't OK with Paperblade's idea though. I don't...it's obvious that she didn't have a definite stance.

You could not be more wrong:

[spoiler=got you now, scum!]

Exchanging multiple townie hydra slots to kill one mafia hydra slot seems like a good deal, but only if we know for certain that one of the hydra slots is definitely maf. otherwise it's basically just random lynching since we aren't certain that one or more maf hydra slots exist.

Exchanging multiple townie hydra slots to kill one mafia hydra slot seems like a good deal

a good deal

get rekt.

So GP says that the result is ideal but doing it without anymore information is bad and we should do something else, which is pretty definitive. The last line can be interpreted as: "If nothing better comes up then sure, go for it" but I gathered that she thought there would be.

Pretty sure I was like at least the second person to vote GP. It's not a bandwagon at that point by any definition of the word. My play before then was perfectly fine

This is true, just thought there was more from the overall sentiment and the votes at the time.

My interpretation on your play before then was mostly gut, but I basically agree with Bluedoom's analysis that you were passive. Basically me and bluedoom are mostly on the same wavelength and he's obvtown so by extension I am clearly town.

I can't look in from the sidelines if I'm not there to begin with!

The reason I dropped the Junko case was because he read as town on a more thorough read.

Fair enough, the Junko stuff is bias because I can not see how anyone ever thought he was scummy. I'm also OK with your stuff on GP as you seem to have conceded on everything objectionable (and actually raise a good point regarding pressure voting).

this is more telling than it is for other people because kirsche is really good as town

Dude I am in mourning (see my sig) please respect that.

Also he's basically doing the same thing he did in CYOU'RE where he tunneled on a townie (yeah, Shin was an ITP, but he might as well have been town as far as kirsche knew) for days with minimal reads elsewhere

I guess you missed that I was just emulating my CyoR 1 play, where I did the same thing and caught scum.

Also ITPs don't play the same as town anyway scrubs #LetsHaveThisArgumentHere

I feel like Refa only cries this hard at being suspected as town because he only cares about a game when he's town, so time to 180!

Oh no now I have to read other people LAME. Stop wallposting you don't even have the timezones excuse going.

For one, my reads aren't "all over the place"- I have my priorities, thank you.

Yeah but the reasoning behind the priority is questionable and I can't follow it, hence it is all over the place.

Secondly, it's one thing to "want to catch scum right off the bat". It's another to be a complete hypocrite as a result- criticizing someone for something he himself never got around to doing (and when he did, it was pretty damn poor; + he falsely accused her of not doing something [iE. Voting] and then once she proved him wrong, he complains about it.). So no, it wasn't misrepping his second post, when honestly that's exactly what happened. He also didn't give much of anything else during that time, and his posts were lacking/terrible in terms of content.

"he himself never got round to doing" is very misrepresentative. It was obvious he was thinking of voting GP but followed a line of inquiry and did his research when he was mistaken. After doing his research he thought that GP's vote was not good enough and so attacked it. That isn't scummy. That is actually super townie as it shows a thoughtful desire to catch scum.

What do you think of Marth's recent posts?

This is kinda hypocritical here. "Dissatisfying" seems like a good way to slip out of actually having a scum read - could easily be turned into "well I wasn't suspicious, I was just prodding her for better content" or a scumread.

The rest of the case doesn't change that problem, and the rest of the post is "Look, I was going to have more opinions and be doing things but lol nevermind".

Considering Marth has kept his vote and is expanding on it this clearly isn't the case.

##Unvote

##Vote: Kay

Hopefully that'll get her to read my post. Also since Refa wants reads/opinions:

Boron is townie but chasing up the wrong tree wrt Bluedoom and GP. Intent is there though.

Gp is reminding me of her play in reclass and how I found her play extremely easy to exploit as scum so I do not want to push here.

PEDIT Mitsuki's post is pretty cool and scumreading Refa is pretty bro although he's probably just frustrated town making bad cases.

Junko is confused town thrown off by Blitz being Blitz.

Blitz feels more... composed than usual which is bothering me but I can't suspect someone for that and I'm not really reading his posts.

I disagree with the Proto cases as he hasn't posted in approximately forever, struggles with D1 normally anyway and I think his intent is somewhat visible.

Paperblade is town and so I haven't read any of Baldrick's post.

Eury is probably the scummiest in thread overall but there's pressure there and I want Kay to actually respond.

RD/Elie are basically non-factors. Poly seems town.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Kirsche: I think that the only reason Refa used to not care about a game at all as scum was that he rolled scum a lot of times in a row. Do you think he'd be the same when he has been rolling town/scum at normal rates? Not saying your change of read is bad, but I'd like thoughts on this.

Personally I don't see Refa's motivation this game. I know he's been posting but to me it feels more like he is forcing himself to write and have opinions, and that he'll try to get away with not posting if he can. I don't know, I just don't see Refa doing that as town. What do you think about this?

Also, what do you think about my Proto case? I know you said you didn't agree with the Proto cases but I don't think the points you brought up relate to my case.

Marth is null towards town going from his tone, I don't want to lynch him.

Can people actually get in the thread and post? We need eight votes to achieve a lynch, we have less than 7 hours left this phase and we're not even close to consolidating.

I AM HERE SORRY I DIED BUT NOT REALLY

SO I REREAD BLITZ/JUNKO AND I REALLY DON'T KNOW WHAT TO MAKE OF EITHER PARTY. LIKE, I FIND BLITZ TOWNIER THAN JUNKO BECAUSE BLITZ SEEMS TO BE MORE FOCUSED ON THE GAME AS A WHOLE, BUT I'M NOT EXACTLY SCUMREADING JUNKO DUE TO THE FACT THAT HIS PURSUIT OF HIS BLITZ POINTS IS TOWNIE TO ME.

DUNNO WHAT THE DEAL IS WITH PROTO GETTING SOMETHING OF A WAGON, REALLY. HIS POST TOWARDS EURY WAS A BIT AGGRESSIVE IN NATURE BUT I'M NOT REALLY FEELING A SCUMMY VIBE FROM HIM.

MITSUKI'S POSTS ARE GOOD, BUT I STILL SCUMREAD THE SLOT BASED ON GP'S POSTS. SUPER CONFLICTED. GP'S DEFENSE WAS OKAY THOUGH.

DUNNO WHY KIRSCHE IS TUNNELLING SO HARD ON REFA. HIS CASE SEEMS FINE, BUT I DON'T GET WHY HE'S GOING SO HARD ON REFA WHEN NOBODY ELSE SEEMS TO SUSPECT HIM. COULS BE SIMILAR TO JUNKO WITH BLITZ, BUT IDK.

THE KAY VOTE FROM KIRSCHE IS ALSO BAD, PRODVOTES THIS LATE IN THE PHASE ARE LAME.

WHY DID RD JUST KINDA VANISH? PROTO TOO, MAKES HIM LOOK BAD.

BORON AND PAPER ARE SUPER TOWNIE. DUNNO ABOUT MARTH, BUT HE SEEMS TO BE GOING BACK AND FORTH A LOT. I'M OKAY WITH THAT LYNCH IF WE NEED TO CONSOLIDATE, BUT I'D RATHER LYNCH GP'S SLOT.

@Poly: If Green Poet's defense was ok, why do you still think she's scummy?

I may be able to clarify things a bit, even if we haven't talked much I think I understand what she's been thinking.

What do you think about Proto trying to discredit Eury? Do you think Proto's been buddying with Green Poet? Why/Why not?

Votals 1.7

Green Poet/Mitsuki (3): Bluedoom, Polydeuces, Boron/eclipse

Bluedoom (3): Baldrick/Paperblade, Eurykins, Kay

kirsche (2): Refa

Eurykins (1): Blitz

Baldrick/Paperblade (1): Green Poet/Mitsuki

Blitz (1): Junko

Boron/eclipse (1): Proto

Kay (1): kirsche

Not Voting (2): Radiant Dragon, Elieson

With 14 alive, it takes 8 votes to lynch. There are 5 hours and 45 minutes left in the phase.

Edited by SB.

Up to Page 9 completion (minus eurywalls sry that's like a whole page in 2 posts)

Refa #123
http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=52365&page=7#entry3635454
What is this, coaching? Message reads townie, but the way it’s worded seems forced.

GP #126
http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=52365&page=7#entry3635473
What’s with this Baldrick read? I’m not really following it. I also disagree with the proto townread but it might just be my disdain for proto’s swaggy style idk

kirsche #135
http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=52365&page=7#entry3635694
lol i think i was asleep for 2 hours after you posted that. whats your read on blitz in this post? calling a vigshot seems out of place

Paperblade #137
http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=52365&page=7#entry3636067
If we’re to believe what your host/gamemeta is, and you’re hostmeta’ing SB this hard, then I have adequate reason to believe that if there’s a hostile ITP/cult/whatever, that it’s you, and we should just direct all so ##Kill Paperblade. eat that hotshot. when sb flips paper as cult then we can resume the game normally. if this kills him and he flips town then just turbo me

Refa #144
http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=52365&page=8#entry3636297
fuking wallposts ok here we go:
do you have any actual reads of GP? all your posts are like “hey welcoem back to mafia, buddy pal chum amiibo” and more questioning. i don’t feel like your interrogation here is getting anywhere. it seems really forced. you say you’re bothered but all you’ve done is ask simple little questions and done nothing with the answers except ask more easy questions
Marth makes a good point on you being passive; your concern for scumhunting seems thinly spread, and you’re just kind of going through the rounds and asking little things here and there
I have no idea why you voted Eury
kirsche response is kinda...i dunno i reread it 6 times and i feel like i got nothing out of it

Proto #147
@@Votes boron for calling out questionable at best hostmeta
@@likes poly’s miller claim because poly requested it publically pregame, then argues his own logic is probably faulty, but never declares a read change on poly

Refa #151+152
http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=52365&page=8#entry3636440
More calm questions, though with the amount of focus on boron in this post, i don’t think that this is an attempt for a bus
152 though, a reply to me; are you really so unclear of your read on poly that you too are basing pregame orange? what? srsly, what?

Poly #154 or something i forgot to cite this
[no cite]
responds to proto’s read, and also unvotes to think rather than just throw out a vote willy nilly and continue to inactive himself. i’m not 100% keen on the gp vote but i’m not 100% keen on what the case for gp has been in this entire game either so whatever this isn’t scum. also i thought she changed her read from me to baldrick or something i dont remember

Eury#164 & 168?
http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=52365&page=9#entry3637010
--

Marth #169
http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=52365&page=9#entry3637359
yea proto’s vote has scum intent in that it’s feigned contribution and approximately 100% fluff. there’s no reason to say anything regarding a read for somebody especially a read built off of validity for a claim via pregame shenanigans. where proto could’ve grasped at something poly said to apply pressure, or ignore poly entirely, he dug out something so worthless as a clue that your typical townie shouldn’t ever even consider validity in.

Boron #174
I'm too lazy to get the url for this
confused town at worst imo

Paperbald #177-179
I lol’d so hard

stop looking so townie everybody

elie's patented scumdar begins with blitz, continues with refa, and ends with i dunno still a waffle on Proto

100% metareading Eury because i literally don't have the time or the focus to read the merriam-webster dictionary or her equally descriptive and detailed wallposts

i really need somebody to explain why Green Poet is scum. I'm reading and reading and all I'm getting is timid-town

marth seems a bit off in terms of his linguistic eloquence or something fancy fancy die with magnificence

Four hours left. We need to discuss who to lynch/who not to lynch, because otherwise D1 is going to end up being a no lynch. And the second no lynch is universal loss, so people should not risk it and get here regardless of alignment.

As for me, other than Proto (and Refa, but I'd rather think about this more and I don't think he's a lynch candidate) I'd only lynch Kay as a last resort lurker lynch. I'm not that sure on my townreads overall, but I'm not lynching someone who I find townie.

oh darn, I completely forgot phase ends in a few hours

anyways, I really don't want to lynch Proto because 1) he is like this on D1 (look at how big a fool I made of myself in Conspiracy) and 2) Proto shouldn't be scum if my biggest scumread turns as scum as I think she should

btw,

it bothers me that Junko's only read is me so, @Junko, if I were the lynch today and when I didn't flip scum, who would you go after and why?

@Kirsche, there is something that bugs me about and so, I have to ask, why is it that you are you not paying proper attention to the game?

list of people I don't want lynched and would like to oppose

of the scumspects this phase, I actually do not want to lynch Proto for the reason I mentioned, I don't want to lynch Kay, Poly or RD cause that would be inactive lynching. I don't want to lynch Refa cause I don't fully agree with the cases on him. I don't want to lynch GP cause meta says all she did was what she normally does (read Reclass)

list of people I might be willing to lynch, but not really (basically, I want to see more from these guys)

There are 2 things that bug me about Junko, but I would like to see some stuff before I out those though. I might be okay with a Marth lynch, but mainly cause he feels like he lowered his offensive stance all of a sudden. I might support Elie's lynch cause of his procrastinations, lol (cause he somehow sounds like he is doing it intentionally). For some reason, nothing Boron did feels remarkable in terms of scum hunting, which sorta bugs ,me

and anyone else I didn't mention, I don't want lynched but, whom I really want to lynch is Eury and I shouldn't be around for phase end.

Sorry Baldrick but we're not lynching Marth

##Unvote, ##Vote: Eury

Baldrick and I talked about this a bit and we both were pretty bothered by her attitude towards are slot, thinking it felt like she was trying to discredit us?

I find it kinda odd kirsche made a prodvote over his top scumread when Eury had one vote on her at the time?

I might support Elie's lynch cause of his procrastinations, lol (cause he somehow sounds like he is doing it intentionally).

just throwing this out there that the past week/weekend was a challenge of scheduling despite lexi not being with me until yesterday due to my father being in the hospital for back surgery. He's home now and recovering, i'm filling in for his business in what spare time i have while he's in recov

Blitz what are your reads that don't involve meta, on your top two-three scumreads

Fuck it, not posting about my scumreads just because I may be wrong or someone may have a hard time because of it is dumb. We all know what we signed up for here.

As I said to Kirsche, Refa has been posting enough, but he doesn't seem to be his motivated town self. To me it looks like he's forcing himself to have reads, which he doesn't do as town.

From what I recall last game, he tended to change opinions a lot and he was ok with not having scumreads sometimes. This game he seems to be forcing himself to have reads and produce content. Town!Refa tends to change his reads a lot and he's cool with that, this game it looks like he doesn't want to let go of his Green Poet and Eury reads in spite of thinking their defenses were good. See: this post.

Posts like this one also give the feeling that he'd rather not post, which I don't see him doing as town. One thing's deciding not to post at the time, but deciding beforehand is different. Looks like an attempt to avoid contributing during deadline to me, since deadline is specially painful for scum.

If you have thoughts on this read please go ahead and comment it. As I said, I'm bad at reading Refa, so I appreciate any comments, whether they're positive or negative.

Baldrick and I talked about this a bit and we both were pretty bothered by her attitude towards are slot, thinking it felt like she was trying to discredit us?

I feel like most of Eury's game has been discrediting others

just throwing this out there that the past week/weekend was a challenge of scheduling despite lexi not being with me until yesterday due to my father being in the hospital for back surgery. He's home now and recovering, i'm filling in for his business in what spare time i have while he's in recov

Blitz what are your reads that don't involve meta, on your top two-three scumreads

LOL, that part about you was a joke, I basically wanted to see more from you, which is why I left your name there

you are no.5 on my scumlist, and two of them (2 and 3) are based on association, that I am not comfortable outing because that would foil my plans and the 4th I will out if Eury turns up scum.

@Mitsuki

@Blitz: What is your meta on Proto's usual D1, and what do you think about my case having that in mind?

oh and @Paperblade: what do you think about my Proto case?

Proto and Paperblade both have a hard time coming up with actual content on D1 as both alignments iirc (not for OC, lol)

normally, Proto tends to lay low and get RVS and stuff like that out of the way before he starts up his game. I think, Proto would never even post on D1, if it didn't risk him to sub out, lol. His D1 logic and play are both pretty bad, but it is more because he doesn't know what to go after than anything else. IMO, this game Blade pulled off the let's Modmeta to get some actual reads and Proto played along with that more than other stuff, cause he lacks the capabilities to do something solid on D1.

I hope you don't mind if I drop my opinion on what I think of your Proto case instead of Blade (inb4 blade already posted). It would have been better for my reads if Proto dropped it himself, but, lol, I don't see him around and I doubt he will be here before another hour

As some people have pointed out, Proto's reply to Eury here feels way too agressive; specially the second paragraph. There wasn't really much pressure on him, so he comes across as self-conscious.

Also, I don't like how he asks Eury "Did you find my question to Poly to be suspicious or odd in some way?" and then there's no followup on Eury the rest of the game; it feels like Proto was asking that question just for the sake of discrediting Eury, and not to actually get a read.

I know that Proto is not to be expected to post and contribute a lot during D1, but he feels concerned when he brings up the topic about not posting much. I don't think his attitude is natural. Check the first line on this post for instance, and how he repeats that he's not going to contribute a lot and how that's normal for him on his next post.

now, if you notice my case on Eury, I clearly mentioned that I think Eury has been trying to paint Proto as scummy. Now, when I read the post, I thought what Proto dis must have been scummy, but when I reread Proto's post, it didn't seem to be the case. So, imagine you read someone's post, who is implying you are scummy, but isn't even casing you, how would you feel? I would definitely be slightly pissed off if nothig else so, I think his reaction is normal.

also, do note, that if we lynch either Kay or Proto, it won't yeild us any further reads based on association, even if one of them does turn up scum. Can't say the same about Refa though, lol.

##Vote Refa

Can we just agree on this? As much as I appreciate refa stroking my ego, i think something just isn't right with his gentle pokes and prods, lack of spam, and pushes for content production? None of Refa's play reads as natural to me, and i don't have anything barking up my tree other than Blitz and possibly Proto (the latter of which I really can't remember ever playing with past D1 with his silly nolynch proposals from back in the day)

@Paperblade and Blitz: Sorry for insisting, but what do you think about this specific point?

Also, I don't like how he asks Eury "Did you find my question to Poly to be suspicious or odd in some way?" and then there's no followup on Eury the rest of the game; it feels like Proto was asking that question just for the sake of discrediting Eury, and not to actually get a read.

I'll recheck the Eury/Proto interaction and ISO Eury again to see if I'm seeing everything the proper way.

Personally I don't see Refa's motivation this game. I know he's been posting but to me it feels more like he is forcing himself to write and have opinions, and that he'll try to get away with not posting if he can. I don't know, I just don't see Refa doing that as town. What do you think about this?

It's kind of funny, because for all of your complaining about how you're not good at reading me, you pretty much got this one right. Mafia is just stressing me out like a lot at the moment, which is why I'm not making that many posts (because it takes me literally 5 hours to make each post). Still not scum, though.

##Vote Refa

Can we just agree on this? As much as I appreciate refa stroking my ego, i think something just isn't right with his gentle pokes and prods, lack of spam, and pushes for content production? None of Refa's play reads as natural to me, and i don't have anything barking up my tree other than Blitz and possibly Proto (the latter of which I really can't remember ever playing with past D1 with his silly nolynch proposals from back in the day)

lol both blitz and proto are town though why are you only casing town elieson

@Paperblade and Blitz: Sorry for insisting, but what do you think about this specific point?

I'll recheck the Eury/Proto interaction and ISO Eury again to see if I'm seeing everything the proper way.

IMO, that is just Proto avoiding D1, like he loves to do. He is absolutely not known for anything that happens on D1 and even if it was discrediting Eury, Eury is guilty of discrediting Proto first.

i think it's best that i don't know any of the flavor of this game other than it's Reyn time and Light Yagami or something is the main character. I'm less tempted to flavor spec if i don't know anything about it

Blitz can you explain your Eury case like i'm 5. ELI5 (Explain Like I'm 5)? All I grasp is that you're defending proto and eury's scummy because proto's your bro, and that reads more like bias than actual casing

pedit

@Refa: wat?