• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Being member in SF for around one year.

(the only forum I'm active)

I only can tell positive things so far:

• great people
  • interesting topics
  • was introduced in other FE games (still have to play a few of them)
  • was introduced in FE hacks
  • started to do a LP (will do more in the future)
  • started to write

I don't know how long exactly I have been here. Can't be more than a year since I don't remember joining earlier than last year. All this juse means I haven't been a constant presence around here, I don't know who the oldest member is (the founder?) or who's the newest (but that's listed in the "newest member: x" line somewhere in the forums main page, right?). So far all I have done is look around but that has been fun in and of itself. All in all I like the place so far, and it's the first time I have joined a site dedicated to the FE franchise.

• 2 weeks later...

I still remember the pic of blood-stained Chen I was welcomed with. Ahhh, the nostalgia.

I've never been terribly active, but something just keeps me coming. I'm too lazy to actually post most of the time, but I enjoy watching things unfold. Aside from a few certain users and topics that are better off not named, the community here is pretty pleasant.

well only started posting around last year but i signed up around 2010

I frequently visited angel sword memories back when i was fanboying Fire Emblem every day of my life, i remember there was some shitty forum on it as well but obviously the site got a revamp and whatnot

FESS got shutdown and a bunch of people migrated here, I lurked but never bothered to post since my fandom was tapering off constantly around 08/09

Edited by Alb

I don't think that accounts for a difference of 3000, especially since there's probably a bunch of people banned for making a bunch of alts (think Goldie) and shit. Moderators and administrators actually do a lot behind the scenes that we don't see in terms of banning people and deleting members.

I'd say we've had a couple hundred alt accounts just in my time as admin, which has been around 3 years now. I don't know what it is about the FE community, I'm willing to bet we have a much bigger alt problem than forums twice our size. We used to get a lot of bots too in the old days, before we upped our security and before I started changing our security questions every now and then. Our system also deletes validating accounts automatically if they have not been validated in 30 days (this happens a lot), or accounts marked by the IPB spam filter.

As far as legitimate banned users go, we actually don't have that many really.

I lost count of my time here - I joined briefly, then randomly came back when I was bored, and saw a FE11 wireless competition (which never happened). I stuck around for some reason, then I got sucked into mafia, and. . .the rest is history.

Been here since 2010. Long time lurker, less frequent poster :) Every time i consider getting more involved on the forums i remember or am reminded that FE fandom in can be a little intransigent, not unpleasant, just difficult sometimes, and so I remain for the most part a lurker.

Been around since 2013. At first, I was enjoying myself, but slowly, I've been more and more disconnected from this forum. I'm used to more organized forums, which is probably why I consider a lot of decisions from other people here to be very questionable at times.

It's been two years ever since I've registered, but I've been missing out on all the parties considering I was AWOL for about a year and a half.

I'm not sure I can even identify the mystical force that binds me to SF, lol. Posting and screwing around on an active forum like this place keeps me from going crazy though, I can say this much.

Edited by AddictPunk

January was my five year mark. Though I had left the site for a year and a half or so and returned. So I've really only been going to SF for four and a half years, give or take.

13th of June, 2014. Not even a year.

... Damn :/

This is my favorite forum to date, however. I'm here for more than just FE, which says something.

Edited by Ownagepuffs

Been here five and a half years, moved here with Tangerine. Have ruled various subforums at times, most notably Mafia back in the day.

Edited by Oogie Fletzet

I joined at June last year, and my 1st Year anniversary is in a few months.

I left for a while to hunt monsters, and now came back to join the FE:if Hype.

My time has been fun, but I expect it to come to an end at some point. There hasn't been much keeping me here, to be honest.

Same here, but I believe you will frequent here until you hit senior year of high school or something.

I might go out for good when I actually want to take College as seriously as my brother.

• 2 weeks later...

Aw, I missed my year anniversary. Oh, well. I doesn't feel like I've been here more than a year, at least.

Uhhh... I guess I'm the oldest newb here?

Signed up many millennia ago and mostly just viewed the official site rather than the forums. Back in '08, I was on a fair bit... I think?... but I kept forgetting my password and had to ask the admin to reset it every time as it didn't work for me... so I kinda gave up 'cos I kept feeling guilty for being so negligent with my password v.v

But now I'm older and wiser... and possibly know enough to remember my password now :D

I joined last Sunday so I'm a noob one of the newest guy around here.

Edited by Nym