• Leif
    • Aless
    • Celice
    • Shanan
    • Levin!Sety
    • Levin!Arthur
    • Leen/Laylea
    • Roddlebad

Has more than one person actually mentioned Oifaye falling off (hard) at all? Sure, he's functional with rescources, but i'd rather funnel said resources into better units later on.

Oifaye's performance early really isn't much stronger than the rest of your team's anyway, especially considering Chapter 6 he's likely to do very little because it's advantageous for Celice to be promoted for chapter 7, and all the kids get inheritance. Power Ring Delmud has equal or better offence than Oifaye immediately at base. His higher stats just disappear very quickly in comparison to your other mounts, other than like a bad Lester.

I don't even know where he's being considered tierwise anymore since the OP hasn't been updated (I don't think), but in my opinion he's at least worse than Delmud.

I think it's just Ayanami who has some bizarre opinion on Oifaye. Oifaye is kinda on par with the kids until like chapter 10, where he starts to wane, but it's not like he's as bad as say Daisy or Buttface.

He's probably about middle, having a horse is still kinda useful and it's not like he's super bad.

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Plus Amid AKA Buttface AKA Magmar Wannabe can like, totally ORKO people with the 100 kill Hero Sword (which, fun fact, is the best holy weapon in the game) after promotion...because that's what people use Amid AKA Buttface AKA Magby Wannabe for, right?

He's truly a man of many talents.

Yeah, with one of them being his face being a butt. In all honesty, he'd be better if he did get hit by sleep staves, at least then he'd be drawing fire from a more useful unit.

Civilian Pursuit Dad!Delmud for upper mid. If for some strange reason you pair Midir/Alec with Lachesis, they can still get the silver blade/thunder sword to pass down.

Tristan for mid. Toss him the pursuit ring or the hero sword and he's good to go.

Faval for upper mid. He's solid with any dad and packs a ridiculous punch anyways. Some dads are more solid for him (Holyn gives him minor odo and more skll), while others give him decent skills (Alec!Faval can actually damage julius and not get fried. Jamka/Noish!Faval gets a fun set of skills to play with, while Dew!Faval gets bargain for cheaper repairs. Correct me on the bargain thing if I'm wrong.)

uhhh, lessee what else.

oh yeah, Lex!Patty for upper mid. Ambush!Sleep sword+elite lets her level up easier.

Levin!Corple for mid at most. takes too long to grind, but he's a staff user and money isn't a complete ass to get at that point iirc.

Starting to agree with Horace that Fin > Lex. It's actually quite simple to see:

* Prologue: Neither see a lot of action and neither is very good here.

* Chapter 1: Speedring!Fin with a Steel Lance is quite the boss in this chapter and he also has better survival paramters thanks to prayer. Lex isn't actually good in this chapter, he doesn't do more than like Noish does which isn't a whole lot. Fin in contrast has the second best offense after Sigurd in this chaper and can ORKO the archers.

* Chapter 2: Lex is amazing with the Hero Axe but Fin is even better just because quadruple attacks DEFINITELY destroys everything.

* Chapter 3: Kinda the same deal as above though neither will be doing that much anymore. Both help at Madino and are good to have around on the way to Silvail but Fin is still better against armors.

* Chapter 4: Lex really doesn't get to do much here. Wind Mages are lame, he's a bit unreliable against the pegs and Lamia's squad isn't nice to him either. Like, Lex is still alright here but at best he's making up for what Fin did better in Ch.2 and 3.

* Chapter 5: Other than fighting the squads on the way to Lubeck and the dragon knights I don't think he's doing much? I don't really see where he's doing anything that Sigurd/Lachesis/Midir/Noish can't take care of at that point. There really isn't a lot for him to contribute here, the meteo mages are actually quite dangerous to him too.

It really dawned on me when I started dabbling around with my LTC shenanigans.

Yayyyy

I'm on Chapter 8 of the playthrough I'm using to get a general feel for what turncounts we should expect to get.

The only thing that has blatently cost a few turns has been the wind sword.

Yayyyy

I'm on Chapter 8 of the playthrough I'm using to get a general feel for what turncounts we should expect to get.

The only thing that has blatently cost a few turns has been the wind sword.

Yeah it probably would. Admittedly, we won't get it till Chapter 10 otherwise, but who wants it? Even if we're doing pairings for people to use Magic Swords, or we want someone like Patty to get one for chipping and money stealing, we have Fire in chapter 7, and we can pass down the Light Sword or Thunder Sword.

But is the Wind Sword worth the time to take turns for? I mean, what else is Dew doing in Chapter 3? He can help with the Cross Knights, but after that it's a Sigurdstomp/rush Aideen to Briggid game.

Yeah, it's probably not worth it. I think it only cost a couple turns (since Aideen warped Claude/Briggid/Tiltyu back to clear the arena anyway, which I think is reasonable) but it was nice for Delmud to inherit it.

Yeah, it's probably not worth it. I think it only cost a couple turns (since Aideen warped Claude/Briggid/Tiltyu back to clear the arena anyway, which I think is reasonable) but it was nice for Delmud to inherit it.

Yeah, in my last run I had Nanna inherit it (Seliph had the Earth Sword). Azel!Delmud could use it well, same with a Magic Ring!Patty, I assume. If there's a viable strategy to get it without wasting millions of turns I feel that it's safe to assume we can get it. Is there any leeway onto how many turns we're looking for? Or, perhaps, how many turns can we save if, say, Delmud has the Wind Sword at the beginning of Gen 2?

honestly Delmud having a magic sword doesn't directly save any turns, but in chapter 7, he could ORKO the Knights with it, which was pretty cool. At the same time, I could have just yoinked the thunder sword from Nanna and had the same effect.

Dew wasn't in a perfect position to start fetching it when I seized Shagaal's castle, so it could probably be retrieved a little faster, and he has more movement than Aideen too, so if we're clearing the arena with our new units, it probably doesn't take any longer unless we send Return!Lachesis up instead of Aideen and have her talk to Briggid after she gets sent home or something. I forget how many turns I took for said chapter, i'll know when I finish my run.

I'd like to bring up a new topic since we still have several Gen 2 units to place:

Where can we put Corple and Sharlow? Obviously pretty low due to their painintheass recruitment and low level, but I feel like they can bring some lategame use. Levin!Corple and Claude!Corple (lolanyotherpairings) are probably going to be of some use due to either Holsety or Valkyrie/Reserve spam, and Sharlow nets us a Berserk Staff that we can use in the Final Chapter.

They're probably better than like Johalva and Hannibal, but they really don't do that much. Lana kinda makes them obsolete and she comes right at the beginning of Gen 2. It's actually possible to recruit Corple and have him recruit Hannibal without it costing turns, but that's hardly a point in their favour.

Low mid looks good for Sharlow and Claud!Corple, top of mid for Lex and Levin!Corple. Berserk staff is pretty nice(so is 50 mag) and so is fortify. Lex gives him pathetic mag, and Levin is pretty good but he can't gain exp as fast as Claud!Corple.

Low mid looks good for Sharlow and Claud!Corple, top of mid for Lex and Levin!Corple. Berserk staff is pretty nice(so is 50 mag) and so is fortify. Lex gives him pathetic mag, and Levin is pretty good but he can't gain exp as fast as Claud!Corple.

Sharlow and all corpuls arent going for mid tier anytime soon

Claud!Corple>Levin!Corple because 5 move post promo anyway and leveing is going to be hell

Sharlows berserk and paragon are basicly lex!corpul with worse growths and berserk staff making sharlow having better contributions

k going to update

Edit:Added Corpul! and added Johan in mid tier

Placed Father!Fin in Low High

Also Placement for Jamka!Lester???

Edited by TTPK_Tal

I don't really think Jamka!Lester is that good tbh. No pursuit, though I guess he can still nuke wyverns with the Hero Bow? maybe Mid tier?

what about Julia? I think if she gets Resire she can be Upper Mid? She provides a reliable way to beat Julius and Resire!Julia is IIRC really good in Chapter 7.

Jamka!Lester's primary weakness is pursuit, which is easily fixed. He doesn't really need the Brave bow cause of continue. I say UM.

Julia has 5 mov, and Julius can be defeated by Hel. Though you're right, Julia is far more reliable. Mid. Nosferatu is useful vs Liza, not really anywhere else as they are either too far to reach or too fast to deal with.

Edited by momogeek2141