People shouldn't put apostrophes in the past tense of verbs.

Parrhesia

Christ, I'm not talking about shakespeare, I'm talking about I literally saw someone say 'Blitzkrieg'ed' in another thread

I thought it was a meme. "pwn'd"...

actually this comment on stack exchange gives some pretty okay insight

That is very interesting... I have watched a few Globe Theatre productions and was finding myself wondering why sometimes "ed" was distinctly pronounced. Or... "Pronounce"" ed?"

I mean I didn't know that specifically but it's not exactly a big secret that you're a theatre personI don't think anyone is feeling bad about not knowing that?

*feels bad?*

Cool. Parr, have you done any other Shakespearean productions, or any other productions? ...do you normally get a certain type of role, or do you do a variety?

*would enjoy doing an actual Shakespearean production, based on how much he has enjoyed his Shakespeare class*

The 'd shows up a ton in ancient English writings... But tbh haven't really seen it used much online except when people are doing faux 1337 or h@x speech... Like "pwn'd"

I occasionally say it if it's some sort of awkward acronym verb or something that can't really be -ed'd well

(that's an example, right there, when I verbed -ed)

huggy'd

That's why I do it. Awkward stuff. :|

And because at that moment I can't think of a better way of wording the sentence to NOT do it.

I also do the apostrophe thing for pluralizing awkward words... FOR SHAME.

Wait. Let me try and get this straight, cuz I'm not sure if I understand. The problem isn't using apostrophes in the past tense of verbs, right? Like, the word didn't is ok, even though did is a past tense verb. The problem you guys seem to be talking about is using apostrophes to make a very past tense...right? Sorry if this was already articulated.

Hmmmmm well what he doesn't like is taking a past tense verb in its past tense form and then just tossing in an apostrophe that doesn't belong?

Sorry if this was already articulate'd.

I'm talking about I literally saw someone say 'Blitzkrieg'ed' in another thread

stuff like ^ is what he has a problem with~!