Dot.hack//The World:R1 Mafia(Game thread)

Shinori

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He claimed to me saying he was miller but was paranoid that since he didn't literally claim in his first post in the game, he thought that

Hed get flak for it or smt and had no chance of claiming it. So that's why he claimed it Via loc. That's why he kept it a secret but it'd fell weird to see the miller claim to me only to get lynched because he doesn't have a good sense of timing.

Four words, pal. I. Don't. Buy. It. Dude. Okay, that was like five words, but you get the point. Why would town care if they'd get flak for it? Like, if he was telling the truth, what if an alignment cop scanned him? What would you do then, Terra? Claim miller then? That's not suspect at all...

Refa did you miss Terra's claim in Marth's wall.

Honestly dude, I'm not even reading posts in order anymore, just which ones pop out to me the most.

BBM, I played completely differently in AA mafia? I spent as long as I could tunneling Franziska there because I could get away with it and lurked so hard I think I was prodded multiple times or something. How is it even similar?

My general thoughts after reskimming SF3 at superspeed was that Terra's reads were expanded upon a lot more there even though he started giving out reads earlier? It's a pretty jarring difference.

Eli has included Red Herring roles before though so I wouldn't lynch Terra solely because of that, even if there isn't a Cop? I want to know why he didn't claim miller in thread though, and also I want to know when and why he claimed to Marth of all people?

The only time I mentioned One-Shot Mafia was in relation to a planned fakeclaim that never happened, so I'm still unsure what you're getting at.

Before this Weapons post; Rapier cases were bad. See my response to GP for why I thought that.

That case was a lot more comprehensive, but I explained to kirsche later why I didn't vote him.

When I came back, Rapier had made a terrible response that showed he could not keep the facts straight, so I voted him.

I switched to you because I thought my read on you was more indicative of alignment.

Tell me what part doesn't make sense to you.

Cut by a whole page

@kirsche; I have received confirmation for all the emails I have sent. You will definitely be able to co-ordinate my action tonight.

GP being so unsure bothers me because I had thought she was fairly confident before? idk

Seen Terra's claim, no idea what to make of it.

Your take on the Blitz-Via interactions felt noncommittal in that you switched from initially voting Via to voting Blitz without stating why Via was now the less scummy of the two. Also you had a Rapier-like comment where you said you didn't think they were scum-scum interactions but you were scumreading both of them, which read like a contradiction to me and also like a way to get out of having to solidly take a side in that interaction.

A few points:

-I'll give you the first point initially; however, I was relaxing on the Via read even before I vanished because I kept rereading that interaction. I didn't scumread Via at all after my last read, but at that point I couldn't be arsed to post for a while.

-I thought that there were some fairly scummy things from both sides, but I didn't think it was a scum-scum slapfight for towncred because of both timing and their responses to my pressing them after it, hence my keeping my scumread on Blitz while relaxing and ultimately dropping the Via scumread.

-Keep in mind too this was ED1, and that was the only thing I really had to address in any way. Since neither side on first read felt right to me, I made it clear how I felt about it. The voteswitches were from rereads shedding more light on things for me.

Honestly dude, I'm not even reading posts in order anymore, just which ones pop out to me the most.

Fair enough just making sure.

Terra's Marth read is pretty meh too most of it seems to be like "yo I disagree with other people's cases on Marth, that means Marth is probably town" and that was his most indepth read.

Miller claim does nothing to change my vote. Could be a lame attempt to fakeclaim and buy some time if he survives and we do actually have a Cop.

I don't know if I'd be okay lynching Baldrick at this point.

tbh I am not good enough at role theory to speculate whether a miller would be in this game or not and we technically have not had a mason flip yet/etc whatever so I'm not really looking at that, I think his claim is half-assed and I was wondering if he claimed to Marth after I posted in thread that SB claimed to me and that maybe that gave him a last minute idea or something. Was he even still in danger of getting lynched though? seriously why didn't he just claim inthread

Terrador being miller would somewhat contextualize why he was talking like he wanted to be culted.
I'm having trouble understanding why he thought a miller claim would be bad to claim outside of his first post though, as long as the claim is still ED1...

Yeah but like...dude, surely you have some preference? That's like, I don't know why you'd be so noncommital. It bothers me.

My lynch preferences were reiterated at the bottom of my last post: Rapier foremost, then Poly next, but his lynch is not viable today. Ciraxis would have been an alright lynch had he not subbed out, because I'd need to read BBM.

I am not at all unsure on who I would like to see lynched. I am saying that if wagons developed on people other than my scumreads, I would still be willing to lynch them unless said person was Via.

err, by that I meant would Marth and Terra really be this obvious as buddies though because if Terra is scum I don't necessarily automatically see Marth being scum

I still feel really mixed about Kirsche's claim. Like, Mason Mayor seems ridiculously OP, but not only is this an Elie game, I can think of who his flavour would actually be based on my very limited knowledge of Dot Hack.

That said, I'm much more willing to think Miller + Masons in the same game is BS. Even if it's an Elie game.