Dot.hack//The World:R1 Mafia(Game thread)

Shinori

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so anyways actual thoughts on BBM.

The SB case is decent. the hypocrisy thing is confusing as fuck and makes no sense, but the point on SB feeling passive, is actually valid. i don't necessarily agree with his terrador read, but that doesn't make him scum. also drunk posting = best posting. mostly a town read.

Dudes, I have to like, do other things, so some quick replies to this last page. I mean, there's like a lot of content that should probably be analyzed more in detail, but I can't be bothered at the moment so like whatever!

Terra, I was describing your early issues with kirsche. Later on, you definitely had a read on him, dude. Man, if I can't even remember BBM's meta, there's no way I'll be able to remember yours (which is why I haven't brought it up).

Randa's post has a lot of filler reads, like I'm not even sure who else he's scumreading. That British dude also brought up some good points, though.

Eury, I didn't like, actually read your posts, but did you ever reply to my scumread on you? Because that would be like, something you should do, dude.

Man, SB's post had some filler content as well, but overall it was fine? Honestly, if his reads were more detailed then that, I'd call BS considering he said he wasn't sure of his reads earlier.

Yeah, just going with this for now. Like, I feel more strongly about Terrador, but consolidation ho.

##Unvote

##Vote: Baldrick

Rapier:

I feel like a lot of his content has been defensive, and i really am not a fan of that. though it seems that's been said before. i feel like he hasn't done any scum hunting. i feel like i'm just rehashing what everyone else has said but whatever.

@BBM: People are claiming to kirsche? I mean, I considered claiming to him, but he doesn't have the capability of

@SB: Your responses weren't particularly convincing compared to BBM's arguments and I wanted to apply pressure/see how people reacted. I'm gonna see if anyone suddenly found you scummy after. I noticed a couple people suddenly had you at the top of their scumreads which made me uhhhh. I'm not really sure how you can call my vote on you sheepy when I expressed suspicion of you before BBM even subbed in

It's kind of annoying that people think I've been passive when I've been trying to do stuff but shrug.

@Paper, It wasn't so much sheepy because of the content but because you suddenly shifted without explaining why I was suddenly top priority? I guess opportunistic would've been a better way to describe it but whatever.

I dunno how you can check the thread to see my response without seeing Baldrick's vote though?

SB:

literally nothing changed from reading his ISO. while i do concede that there are valid points in cases against him, i feel he has been active and trying to be involved given that he's having technological issues. i would still take other lynch options over SB, but he's probably the first person i would condense on. also why did BBM use 2 year old meta. shouldnt that be absolutely irrelavant right now, i mean thats from before most people in the game even started playing. also what was the 2 year old meta?

Refa:

My head says town, my heart says scum. he has been extremely active recently, and he has done plenty of scum hunting. but something says he's scum, maybe it's because he's always scum. but yeah no i'm gonna stick with my head for this one.

anyways i probably forgot some people so just yell at me if i forgot anybody.

The vote changing stuff is pretty much what I normally do when I struggle to get reads, but I've just struggled with getting scumreads in general this game even after a reread so I've had to go with them for longer then I would've liked to. Even after rereading I'm not feeling super great about them and it kind of sucks.

I'm gonna see if anyone suddenly found you scummy after.

I was asking how you missed Baldrick's vote when it was pretty much this so I dunno how you could miss that but still see my posts? Idk.

1) Is an organised town better than a disorganised one?

2) What would scum's response be to someone who put themselves forward as town?

3) How many OC games have scum become town leader?

4) How many games has scum fakeclaimed mason leader before?

first of all, please stop being Life, we already have a replacement for him and we don't need you for it

1) yeah, organized town is undoubtedly better than a disorganized one, but this is the only question whose answer I agree with. However, Gaius also has the point that putting info in the wrong hands is worse than getting organized

2) well, if I were part of the scumteam, I would get half the guys to claim and the other half to not claim, to play it safe

3) OC and LOC combined, I have seen 4 (without considering Rein's multifaction and I am sure I am missing at least one other) out of like 10 OC+LOC I have played so far. It is funny that in all the games I am thinking of, town had won in the end, but the reason scum had become townleader was because of town not paying attention to the game and claiming without proper thoughts. Of these games, 3/4 had an ITP as townleader and one had a mafia member

4) I can think of fakclaiming masons in sf

Also, that list of questions is painfully biased towards painting me as scummy. It fails to posit, for example:

5. What is reasonable grounds to trust someone as town leader?

6. How would a townie who honestly doubts that this is a good play react?

7. Who, in good faith, would implicitly advocate for other town to make a play they consider poor?

agreeing with this

5. Play + cop clear IMO. I definitely do not want to claim otherwise

6. Probably by voicing argument

7. Okay, this one, I don't quite agree on, because I would like to see how things go, from the sidelines, before getting in the way

I am also gonna agree on the Kirsche cases by Terrador, Rapier, Randa and Gaius

and btw, Kirsche, you role isn't the only mod confirm able one, Bizz claimed to have sent emails to a lot of people and even though I only got one, the sheer number of people who claimed to have gotten it makes me think her role is the truth. As for my role, it is also unfortunately mod confirm able (to an extent).

I also agree with Terrador that your role is probably way too OP for being a town role and ITPs do seem to turn into town leaders a whole lot more than mafia members, so, your chances of being ITP is probably very high. I would prefer if you decided to lead after you were cleared by an investigative role and were emailed by said role first.

Based on Rapier's cases, I felt that Rapier's Marth vote was fine, for Rapier, but his post afterwards did seem overreactive. Especially how he said Weapons was leaving the vote for no real reason, which I did not like.

As for Weapons, I can see him leaving a vote like that and saying stuff like, let's lynch this guy already more from town than scum (because I have done similar things, lol)

@Paperblade,

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=52652&view=findpost&p=3665897

wrt this post, I was gonna say the same thing about you not having as much contribution as Code Geass mafia

anyways, regarding Kirsche's cultspecs, Kirsche could be like the cult from Ivalice mafia, where leader doesn't have to recruit other than the first guy, so, I wouldn't hand wave that possibility entirely

@BBM,

"blitz- these are kind of vibes but I really didn't like how his first post of the game he went out of his way to explain RVS to newbs before any of them even posted; reeked of trying to be overly helpful. this is super ed1 but idr anything he's done after and it's stuck with me"

this feels like a lowblow since you should know exactly why I posted that considering this is you we are talking about. I am fine with the last line though.

Okay, my post was pretty bad and it doesn't actually point to any real scumreads, but I have yet to read the full thread. Things that bothered me were Randa's sudden switch on Terrador from what I haven't mentioned. Other than that, I didn't like Rapier's overreaction. I don't fully grasp the case on SB yet, so, I will have to do an ISO on him. I also am agreeing with cases on Kirsche, so, I can imagine him being maf and ITP but he should be scanned first before any claiming takes place/he shows up as scum (though, iunno how we should handle it to make sure he isn't godfather or something alike). Oh and Poly needs to answer my question so that I can get a better read on him. I am gonna ##Unvote for now, because I will very likely not be around for phase end.

yuck 15 pages since last check in help

I honestly can't be arsed to read 15 pages right now, someone mind giving me a brief summary for the time being before I read a bit more later?

My Rapier read was based on the quality of cases on him. Weapons' later case was much better than any earlier case. @Marth Why do you feel my vote is inadequate.

When I queried Paperblade I had only skimmed SB, I only read him properly afterwards. It looks really opportunistic in hindsight but nothing I can do about it now.

Also @Marth in Code Geass the first post I mentioned you was when I voted you so I don't get how that's different to what I've done here, apart from the people I've voted giving me less to work with.

Basically it feels like he's just going with the flow which iirc is how he described him scumgame in the past?

Citation needed.

SB is still the only good read I have.

hey I'm finally back from class I'm gonna read now. I've been sending my townreads some emails in the meantime lol. I haven't given SB's role to anyone else though. SB, did you claim to Kirsche or do you intend to? If not I don't wanna just give your role away without checking with you first

tl;dr I'm mason and you should claim to me. You should vote Terrador instead so we can lynch him.

@Blitz: Your answer to question 3 just proves my point really, I meant just mafia. ITP shouldn't lead unless it's cult. Also you respect that I'm emulating life somewhat but you still agree with the cases on me. There were many times when life wasn't scum you know. You're literally telling the role designed to be town leader that his role is too op ggwp.

cba to analyse all of the content because I'm tired. SB you went over Terrador because you're last post from that was Super Bad.

Terra reads super defensive with his "oh man it's D1 and everyone's better than me" which is in stark contrast to earlier when he was like "idc if you're better than me your logic must be flawed". He's also still voting me which is just cute.

@Paper: Yes people are! You should too, I have actually coordinated actions and stuff it's great =)
@Bizz: idk why you would think that but k.

I'd much rather lynch Terra/SB over Baldrick but I admit his vote was pretty mediocre. I'm not here for phase end but I don't think SB is going to be lynched:

##unvote

##Vote: Terrador

Refa join me.