Dot.hack//The World:R1 Mafia(Game thread)

Shinori

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah I forgot that via was one of the people who voted ciraxis; the case looks good at a glance except it's on me now so time to unvote via :B):

my problem was with like a bunch of posts that seemed like you weren't even really saying anything between the rapier and ciraxis cases and a few posts after the ciraxis case like 'posts are intimidating' idk I'll be more coherent and use actual punctuation and stuff tomorrow

if you guys can't tell I'm drunk... ON HYDRO POWER!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wish I could say something to the people voting my slot but I was honestly half expecting to sub into a scum slot because I agreed with the cases so anything I try to say will be insincere

I'm obvtown as fuck though people who drunkpost are always town according to myself in SFMM3 and AM/PM (and if I said it as both town and scum then that must mean I believe it amirite)

Dude, refa

Who do you even find scummy and with lynching , and why? You've spent posts disagreeing and agreeing but we still have no idea what your scum reads are.

All of my scumreads are like, super obvious dude lol. I have to make several more posts because you fucks posted so much, so my final vote will be after those.

man I keep feeling that the Rapier cases make sense but I still don't think he's scum on gut; his opinions don't make sense but it feels like he has too much conviction in them to be mafia

marth's rvs was a little ehhhh (didn't like that post about mafia maybe using their emails early on purpose) but he's been better since; would not lynch today

##Unvote, ##Vote: SB forgot to do this

I skimmed SB's iso and he was saying stuff like "I'm not pushing hard because I don't have strong reads" but like... it's just a general feeling of SB not trying to make an impact on this game and just coasting i donut like

oh yeah something I didn't like about SB

so he points out that Rapier's Weapons suspicion is hypocritical kind of because he expects Weapons to have a bunch of content when Rapier himself has little non-Weapons content and that's ok

but then he talks about how he's having trouble getting reads and he's not pushing stuff because of that but then makes an argument about Baldrick doing the exact same thing and just coasting

it's like hypocrisy-ception he's being hypocritical by accusing rapier of being hypocritical when he himself is being hypocritical about baldrick

And that, as they say, is that. I'm going to play Kirby's Adventure because I've always wanted to beat a Kirby game. Or work on my lab report, I guess. Which one do you dudes think I should be doing? Also Kirby music is like, so goooood.

PEdit: Nevermind, Kirby will have to wait. I'll analyze Terrador's super long post after this.

Hey what does everyone think about this post? I have certain thoughts about this post but I want to hear what other people have to say before I share them.

It's town. That was my gut reaction. Man, this isn't like based on logic (there's not really much to your logic I find agreeable, Mr. Armor Dude), but rather tone. You wouldn't catch me dead voting anyone off of one post past ED1 anyways. I don't like that subout, but at the same time...man, it's against how I play to hold that against someone (especially since generally it is a legitimate reason, regardless of alignment). I should probably analyze BBM's posts but fuck you BBM, I was almost finished with this post before you subbed in. Let's just pretend he's town for today so I don't have too.

This is particularly good food for thought, imo. Indeed, trying to set up yourself as town leader D1 as Mafia is pretty risky, unless Kirsche is that willing to gambit his own survivability to earn all the town's roles (which seems like a legit gambit, but I doubt he'd think of it). My issue is, if Kirsche is really a Mason, he should be capable of proving it by having an acquaintance of his message someone credible, preferably Bizz. Until then, I am not willing to risk my neck so willingly.

You're taking refusal to vote = scummy play as an axiom when it is not exactly true. Refusing to vote during RVS is not indicative of scumminess, most recent proof of it is that our last anonymafia had a town player refusing to vote on RVS. So I fail to recognize how it amounts to scumminess.

Besides, I did speak about Eury's low content posts and lack of organized thought to turn her reads into a case for proper scumhunting. What I omitted was Via/Bizz/Tu Quote's roleclaim because I felt like it wasn't relevant for my post. I think their claim is legit, especially because we have it confirmed that they messaged a couple of players in a single phase. I rather like their play and activity, so I don't think their scum. That is all.

tl;dr version for dummies

I'm on the fence regarding Green Poet.

Who is this Poly you guys are talking about

Man, I can come up with some reasons as to why kirsche wouldn't prove his claim in such a way, but I'd like to hear it from the man himself.

For all my complaints against you, your defense against GP is 100% solid. Voting in and of itself is a nulltell, and it's kind of annoying when people imply that not voting is scummy (so does that make me scum, because obviously my current vote doesn't hold water and yet I haven't changed it).

[spoiler=Not Game Relevant]

Rapier, you should like use proper pronouns when talking about Bizz, OK?

If you're on the fence regarding Green Poet, then there's like this huge post of hers that you could have analyzed, dude (and clearly you were aware of it when you wrote this post, because you replied to one of her points). Why haven't you done so yet?

Poly = Polydeuces = Blackhawk Stinger.

This is some of your only content about Marth. You make a decently large post after that regarding Poly, Blitz, SB, etc. but Marth is left completely out of it, and still gets the vote? Seems like you're running on your own agenda. Warrants explanation especially since you haven't posted much content since then.

Of course I'm running on my own agenda. I only listen to three people: me, myself, and I. Seriously though, it should be obvious if you actually think about it, dude.

...What are your reads again? You're just commenting on stuff without any thoughts of your own, dude. That's like, no way to live your life. I expect more proactivity from you in the future, even if you are scum.

Refa, my main man, maybe you're green! No, wait, that's some other dudette.

Yeah, I'm the main man, Red, dude! Although as far as flavor for this game is concerned, I'm not the main character (but I should be).

Yo what the hell is happening to Refa? Like I started reading his posts, but I'm pretty sure someone else took over and started typing for him halfway through.

But is Refa immortal? Are his methods supernatural? Surely, a man who spends his nights scrambling over the forums of Serenes Forest wouldn't begrudge me dual identities?

Man, I just like, totally played you dude. How does it feel?

oh yeah something I didn't like about SB

so he points out that Rapier's Weapons suspicion is hypocritical kind of because he expects Weapons to have a bunch of content when Rapier himself has little non-Weapons content and that's ok

but then he talks about how he's having trouble getting reads and he's not pushing stuff because of that but then makes an argument about Baldrick doing the exact same thing and just coasting

it's like hypocrisy-ception he's being hypocritical by accusing rapier of being hypocritical when he himself is being hypocritical about baldrick

The hypocrisy train goes round and round and round and round. When it stops, nobody knows, dude. It's kind of like the lynch train, man.

in hindsight the hypocrisy point isn't really as good as I thought it was because it's not necessarily scummy to point out that Rapier is being hypocritical if he's being hypocritical about something else, but it is still bad for him to be hypocritical so let's just say that I only have that baldrick part and just cut out the rapier bit and the hypocrisy-ception

people should watch my tear ring saga 0% growths LP LINK IN MY SIG

(I secretly just joined to advertise to all the newbies in this game)

For reference, all of my replies are to this post.

If kirsche isn't mafia by your own admission, why are you even voting him? Why would you ever try to lynch CL D1 as town, dude...like you'd actively be reducing your chances to win (since you could either be a total loser and win by lynching all of the scum or you could be awesome and win with the Cult Leader). If kirsche was CL, I'd try to get culted ASAP, screw all you losers.

Paperblade read is filler.

Bluedoom read is fine (no issues of note).

Weapons read is filler.

SB read is filler.

Blitz read is filler.

Baldrick read is forced at best, considering nothing you mentioned is in the realm of pretty scummy.

Bizz read is filler.

Hugh read is filler.

Ciraxis read is filler.

Poly read is filler.

Refa read is wrong, and I'm really tired of getting the same complaints every game, dude (uh, not you specifically).

Rapier defense is really forced? Like I don't even get the impression that you read his content, bro.

Gaius read is fine.

Randa read is filler.

Proto read is filler.

Green Poet read is filler.

Eurykins read is filller.

Already explained my prior issues with you, dude (honestly, I would be voting you for on their own merits), but this reads post doesn't help matters. It seems like the only read that you gave serious consideration to was kirsche, and that was as a Cult Leader. Your strongest scum read is either on me or Baldrick (they're both pretty weak, so pick and choose), which is kind of bad considering we're supposed to be lynching MAFIA (also by kind of bad, I mean really bad). Some of your reads are fine, but most of it is filler/padding, which I'm not very happy about.

##Unvote

##Vote: Terrador

refa I don't disagree with what you say about most of terrador's reads being filler but it feels like you can't see the forest for the trees; why is scum!Terrador wasting time and effort trying to rouse up suspicion against kirsche when kirsche is polarizing enough that (most) people are either townreading him or scumreading him and therefore it's unlikely that pushing him will actually change anyone's mind?

also I'm not sure how much of the cult leader bit is you joking and how much is you being serious; D1 cult leader spec is B A D but for the sake of argument if there was one, lynching them asap would be good

terra's play also kind of reminds me of SF3 where he ISO'd everyone even though there was no point and he didn't actually have much to say about them and we mislynched him for filling up the thread with useless filler and also for not being part of THE COOL KIDS

why is randa trying to strongarm kirsche's buddy to message him when he's suspicious of kirsche for trying to strongarm the town into claiming to him?

makes you think

refa I don't disagree with what you say about most of terrador's reads being filler but it feels like you can't see the forest for the trees; why is scum!Terrador wasting time and effort trying to rouse up suspicion against kirsche when kirsche is polarizing enough that (most) people are either townreading him or scumreading him and therefore it's unlikely that pushing him will actually change anyone's mind?

also I'm not sure how much of the cult leader bit is you joking and how much is you being serious; D1 cult leader spec is B A D but for the sake of argument if there was one, lynching them asap would be good

terra's play also kind of reminds me of SF3 where he ISO'd everyone even though there was no point and he didn't actually have much to say about them and we mislynched him for filling up the thread with useless filler and also for not being part of THE COOL KIDS

Dude, I can see the forest and the trees fine. For better or worse, Terra's CL spec is legit. That's why I think he's scum, since he can give the appearance of being townie (by lynching a scum, technically) while not really looking too hard elsewhere; I mean, he's not even trying to lynch mafia.

I don't get why town would ever want to lynch a CL over mafia because they can only win with one, and it's not mafia.

Yeah, but he's not the same alignment as me, so he is also not part of THE COOL KIDS, dude.

what are your opinions about that Scum Bastard?

My general impression was that he was town because he cased the same people as me (because I'm always right, dude), but you brought up some good points. Can't wait to see how he responds to them.

why is randa trying to strongwill kirsche's buddy to message him when he's suspicious of kirsche for trying to strongwill the town into claiming to him?

makes you think

FTFY, dude. This setup, like, totally has a strongwilled dude, because you'd have to be really strongwilled to play an MMORPG that you could die in.

My computer's internet will like, stop working in 35 minutes, dudes...and I'm not going to be posting from my phone! So if you have any last minute questions, now would be a good time to ask them.

Well apparently randa thought I was kirsche's buddy and messages me asking that lol.

I don't really care about the hypocrisy since townies can be guilty of it too but my problem with SB is that it feels like he tried using convoluted resuming on rapid and I and the way he tried to distance distance himself from the kirsche shenanigans but scum read Terra feels off to me.

Refa, I need to ask, why did you vote me ed1?

Your tone. I didn't think much of your post until SB clarified his reasoning, and it was pretty legit, dude (well, the tone part anyways).

yeah but not all town can win with the cult so trying to get the cult to win before you get culted is anti-wincon if you're town, and the longer the cult leader survives the more used-to-be-town people they take down with them when they die (remember how when we killed the cult leader in SF3 we killed two townies along with them? town essentially lost one mislynch)

not sure I agree with the bit about terra trying to itp hunt over scumhunt; yes he's voting kirsche for being cl but he's at least trying to find scum among other people too? shrug

I was going to post about randa backing off trying to get kirsche's buddy to claim to him but cut by marth saying randa is messaging people asking if they're kirsche's buddy??? not sure if that's more likely to come from town or scum tbh.