Dot.hack//The World:R1 Mafia(Game thread)

Shinori

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

refa did you roll ITP again?

MAN THAT'D BE THE BEST but sadly no, dude...I wish I had a nightkill.

yeah but not all town can win with the cult so trying to get the cult to win before you get culted is anti-wincon if you're town, and the longer the cult leader survives the more used-to-be-town people they take down with them when they die (remember how when we killed the cult leader in SF3 we killed two townies along with them? town essentially lost one mislynch)

not sure I agree with the bit about terra trying to itp hunt over scumhunt; yes he's voting kirsche for being cl but he's at least trying to find scum among other people too? shrug

Fair enough on your first point. I don't expect anyone else to agree with my totally righteous views there, dude.

Is Terra trying to find scum among other people? I must've missed that, man.

my instinct says you are not the mafiers but your posts have a distinct MEH WHO CARES quality to them they had in the last game

Dude, you're like, totally wrong. I'm way more lackadaisical in this game because I don't have the stress of being an ITP. I was actually super stressed the whole time last game because people were scumreading me for dumb reasons and it was the worst, man.

NGL I thought you were scum making an empty vote on me ed 1 and pass it off as a pressure vote or something.

I mean you never said anything about me until that vote which implied you right my claim and mass claim advocating were scummy? I've never done any of these things as scum and you've been Buddies with me quite a few times now, so that was suspicious.

Dunno what to think of our response now although I'm quite happy where my vote is ATM.

NGL I thought you were scum making an empty vote on me ed 1 and pass it off as a pressure vote or something.

I mean you never said anything about me until that vote which implied you right my claim and mass claim advocating were scummy? I've never done any of these things as scum and you've been Buddies with me quite a few times now, so that was suspicious.

Dunno what to think of our response now although I'm quite happy where my vote is ATM.

If I made a pressure vote, I'd have tried to get a reaction out of you, dude. Obviously I didn't.

Nah, those were null because I couldn't see why you'd do that as either alignment. If I was bothered by them, I would've mentioned something.

Who are you voting again? I kind of like, forgot.

proto: when I tried to declare myself town leader in CYOR1 based on my role that gave town LOC you thought I was scum. why is kirsche town for also trying to townlead off his role?

it's kind of funny that people are scumreading kirsche for trying to townlead when I did the same in CYOR1 and everyone claimed to me

sorry kirsche I feel you bro

going to sleep now for real and actual; night homies. don't know how much I'll be around tomorrow cuz I have a busy day/week ahead; definitely not as much as I have been in the past few hours, though I should pop in at least once or twice

proto: when I tried to declare myself town leader in CYOR1 based on my role that gave town LOC you thought I was scum. why is kirsche town for also trying to townlead off his role?

Maybe he's like, one of those atheists, dude. Don't hate on his religious beliefs, man.

Currently voting sb

Oh, right! Man, I knew I was forgetting something. What did you think of the dude's response? I don't remember you addressing it...

ehhhhhhhhh okay

##Unvote, ##Vote: SB

I could see scumblitz, he seems to be not really doing much compared to the last game

I think Via is too calm to be maf, although I suppose wolf is a possibility. Wouldn't lynch based on that though

I too considered the possibility of kirsche cult but that's not really a game winning play if he's the cult leader, which would mean the scenario would have to be him + someone else and he's backup or w/e, since basically as soon as a cultist flips (or if someone's role suggests a cult is itg), kirsche is dead

That's not to say Terra is scummy, just that I don't agree with him

##unvote

##vote: SB

I am feeling this lynch more than Rapier, in Duelist Kingdom even when he was struggling D1 he was still applying pressure and looking into people whereas when Eury's reply was alright he just shrugged.

Pedit: Baaaa

I'm kind of lurking atm but I feel like trying to be culted, though theoretically legitimate, is a bad faith play? I'll do some actual posting later, Isaac and gal pal distract

Terra you went "Man kirsche wouldn't really do this as scum" which is what I've been saying all game and is good but then you conclude that there must be a cult in this game and I'm it's leader. Halfway there.

I love waking up to more claims guys tyvm.

Kirsche, could you tell your cohort to corroborate to your claim already, so we can end this headache?

It's up to them if they want to claim or not. I decided to do this on my own and I shouldn't drag them into this unless absolutely necessary/they are comfortable with it.

@lord gaius: I hope this explains why my buddy hasn't voted.

It could very well be that Weapons is normally that hesitant, but I also get vibes from him as if he's looking for approval from other players. This is not conclusive because town can be as cautious as much as scum, but I'd like to keep this on mind.

I think weapons is mostly just trying to get other people to talk about the stuff he's interested in.

Proto if SB's posts look really solid what do you think of the other cases/suspicions on him and the people that made/hold them?

Dude, if you were cleared, there's no reason why I wouldn't claim to you.

This is I was wondering if people even wanted to play town leader.

2) It depends on their fakeclaims, man (or if they even have them, this my first Shinori game man). If they have good fakeclaims, then they'll definitely vouch for your plan. If they don't, then I'd expect some profound disagreement.

3) Most of the recent ones that I've played...

4) I don't know about mason leader, but I've fakeclaimed masons as scum all the time. That being said dude, I'm not sure why you'd lie about it this early, but like I said before, I'm not going to claim unless a majority of the other people have for reasons.

2) Really? Why not just slyly oppose it? They could come up with some reasonable BS like "oh he could just be ballsy scum" and sit in the background not really discussing it.

3) I want names because this is not true? FE11 had Vhaltz, PiG had life, encounter had ???

4) Claiming Masons as scum is pointlessly risky if your partner outs as then you're both incriminated if one of you dies.

OK, so you've kind of explained your scumreads, I guess...but like, dude, you barely have any.

If this is at me I gave 4 scumreads so idk what you're talking about. To iterate: Rapier-SB-Terra-Ciraxis (BBM is super townie). That reminds me:

##Unvote

##Vote: SB

Post-13 commentary later.

why is scum!Terrador wasting time and effort trying to rouse up suspicion against kirsche when kirsche is polarizing enough that (most) people are either townreading him or scumreading him and therefore it's unlikely that pushing him will actually change anyone's mind?

Why contribute when you can pretend to? CL spec is ez, inconclusive and makes it appear that you care about finding scum while doing no such thing.

I can see Randa messaging Marth as both alignments and wasting e-mails. Damn dude save them for me =)

it's kind of funny that people are scumreading kirsche for trying to townlead when I did the same in CYOR1 and everyone claimed to me

[spoiler=Press 1 if you feel bad]

j0qsN5g.png

Why is it I have only 2 worthwhile things to say from 14-16 but am revisiting 13 and finding stuff?

I think kirsche's claim is actually a good/trustworthy one from town's POV because it forces him to be held to a level of role accountability. He will need to reveal who his buddies are eventually, and scum!kirsche will either out people who can deny association (thus giving us a confirmed scum lynch) or out his scumbuddies, which offers potentially even more information if we lynch any of them.

Whoever said this is a bro btw and fully gets it.

Kirsche isn't town-cleared yet, so it would be nice if he had more D1 content besides claimtome.

I have plenty of content besides claimt0me please don't ignore that because I want to be town leader, that is exactly what Terra is doing and it's both bad and scummy.

Man terrador's reads are just plain bad, not only does he not have anything significant on basically everyone, he suspects Randa for not wanting to vote a mason claim and Baldrick for trying to direct discussion away from mason claim. Now that Refa's posted, what do you think of him?

Might have to ISO people because I've forgotten most of what happened this game.

I officially have more posts than I did in code geass wheeeeeee I am town claim to me already.

Btw we have <24 hours left time to consolidate etc etc preferably on SB or Terra =)

Maybe Rapier but his posts recently haven't been too bad.

Refa when you wake up can you do a reads post?

ISOing people:

Marth why were you so townie last game when you were scum it's not fair, you have some good posts and scumreading SB is pretty bro.

I forgot like half of the people were playing guys step it up. Eury where you at your reads are so bad and outdated hurry up and claim to me. At least explain your original Marth vote, like what makes his stuff poor/questionable in the first place? What is the motivation as scum? This is a really poor vote.

GP post more so I can meta read you solidly, claiming to me is not an excuse to flake!

SB > Terra >> Eury = Rapier

Where is Blitz?

Well GP isn't really flaking but she isn't spam posting to have more posts than via and that makes her not me which makes her not autotown step it up.

Just claim to meeeeeeee you know you want to. I'll give you cookies! I'll send you funny meme pics!