Dot.hack//The World:R1 Mafia(Game thread)

Shinori

Ditto what GP said to via.

GP, I understand where you're coming from on Rapier. Being reminded by a scumbuddy still seems incredibly unlikely. It was a timeframe of literally two minutes before he changed his mind. My read on you is more null atm, now that I see your legitimate questioning.

Also regarding Ciraxis, his post was very surface level, and he also kept an RVS vote for no reason at all. Not exactly screaming town.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, do you guys ever like, ever take a break? You know what they say, "relaxation is the art of letting go." Also sorry dudes, I read your messages but didn't really have much to say one way or the other. Maybe my post will be able to help you out with your problems.

And no, I'm not going to vote anyone right now. I don't see a point in doing so, as there is no content at all to pursue.

My current read is that you guys are reading too much into other people, like a literature teacher trying to find a meaning to a surrealist work. Don't see how Blitz being defensive amounts to him being scummy.

Other than that, I find strange how Marth says he's kidding, then adds "hey, maybe we should think about this". If you consider pondering about it, then you aren't kidding about it.

So yeah, Marth's post seems like a flimsy way to contribute while not really contributing.

##Vote: Marth

forgot to vote

Rapier, for all your talk about this vote, you've deliberately avoided responding to one specific problem...what's up with the contradiction here, dude? You're not going to tell me that you complaining about people reading too much into others before doing the same thing yourself was all a part of your reaction test, are you? The actual contradiction isn't like, telling at all, but him avoiding the subject under the pretenses of a reaction test that he got nothing out of is. Dude, you couldn't even fool me that easily.

Good morning, crew! More detailed read later, but re: the kirsche thing: a mayor role alone is not leadership material, especially given how SF has a very, very long history of giving historically very town roles to scum, even when it seems from ingame that it wouldn't work.

##Unvote

##Vote: Kirsche

Why do you feel the need to lead early Day 1?

Your wording bothers me, dude. You're basically discrediting his claim (for the record, mayor isn't a very town role by any definition of the word) without any basis other than "well, scum might want to be village leader". I wouldn't claim to a mayor claim either, but man...to twist it around and say kirsche trying to lead town is scummy, that's too much bro.

I'm not going to individually analyse every post of your long tunnel, but I'll say this. None of your followups before kirsche voted you explained why the mayor dude was scummy, just that you didn't have any reason to claim to him (man, I don't even have any issues with that logic on its own). Afterwards, you mention how scum could benefit from it, but no mention of why that's the case for kirsche. Give it to me straight, dude: Why is this Scum!kirsche over Town!kirsche? You didn't even take his claim into account at the time, other than to say it gives you no reason to claim to him. Dude, again I agree that it's not grounds for you to claim to him, but like...does it not bother you in the slightest that you're voting for a claimed mason...something (kirsche wasn't very specific on how the mason part of his role actually worked)?

Also what are your reads on like, anyone else (all I saw was a one off comment about Marthipan's vanilla claim, and his reasoning was pretty obvious)...I don't buy that kirsche's claim was the only thing that stood out to you, but rather it was the easiest thing to pick apart. At least that's my impression until you give me reason to believe otherwise.

Will say other stuff later but town leader isn't even that useful in this setup since you only get 2 emails per day/night. We could make a code, but that's against the spirit of the game and I would personally be against it. Also, kirsche, you're just not clear or even close.

Okay guys, bear with me here, because this is one of those meta reads. I really can't see Weapons saying this as scum; not only did he say something similar in SFMM4 (although it was regarding massclaims in that case), but it's...just not how scum would respond, regardless of that mayor dude's alignment...At least in this professional's opinion, anyways.

Would people claim to me if I was cleared? I think I have a way of doing it but cba if noone will care.

Dude, if you were cleared, there's no reason why I wouldn't claim to you.

I'm on page 8 at the moment, so I'd like to read the whole thread before reconsidering my vote. Sorry dudes, that's just how I play (to win, of course).

GP I actually already sent some to you but the mod hasn't sent them yet lol.

hold on I have content coming as soon as I get some homework done

##vote: Rapier

His explanation on his thought progression on Marth is too scummy to handwave. You brought up something Marth said on page 3 (the most recent at the time) in your first post, so your excuse that you hadn't read the most recent page until your second post is bull.

@Weapons; Ciraxis' Rapier logic was the same as what I thought then, the SB thing is agreeable because your rapier case before cir's post was weak, kirsche stuff is kind of obvious, I don't like that he didn't explain why you were worse than SB. Leaning scum, want to see more from him.

Also want you to explain why you asked about him like that later.

@Terrador; stop

@Paper; can you clarify what you mean about SB? His posting style seems to be normal, where he puts upward inflection on everything.

@kirsche; I couldn't complain about his case any more, but Rapier is a common D1 lynch so I still had reservations about it.

did u like my emails baldrick

It's stuck in my head how could you do this to me, and in response to the one you just sent me, that annoys me (though it's not your fault)

Man, this is turning out to be way more effort than it's worth. I should like, consult a professional mafia player in the future. For you know, time saving reasons. Also so that they can play the game instead of me. I'm pretty sure that's like, the dream of all mafia players anyways.

##Unvote
##Vote: Eurykins

Her post seems really lazy and insubstantial? It kind of lacks strong stances on anything and it bothers me.

...Right. Dudes, you know how right before you hit the "Add Reply" button, you can't help but feel that you missed something? Well, this is that, man. Eury's post bothered me as well, but not because she lacked strong stances...dude, Eury barely had any strong stances in her last game. It's more that...the amount of content is lacking. What happened to the wallposts, Eury? Did you really have that little to comment on?

Nothing jumps out to me about SB or Refa.

Dude, if nothing jumps out about us, why mention it at all? It's just like, wasted space. You don't hear me talking about how your quote block didn't leave much of an impression on me because you do the same damn thing as every alignm...urk.

pedit: @Randa defo. sees where I'm coming from here, I agree with his opinions on kirsche.

Man, don't drag someone else into this. It's obvious he doesn't, considering that he hadn't even read your posts and isn't even voting kirsche due to his mason claim (which you didn't really care about, yourself).

Thoughts currently:

> Bluedoom's had poor ideas + content, and questionable posts. Don't like him.

> Rapier's also bad and should feel bad for his posts.

> Don't agree with Kirsche's leading currently (As Via herself is already "proven"?), especially since he's seemingly throwing out more information in lieu of trying to garner more support.

> I liked Randa's minor wall post.

> I don't believe that Terrador is being scummy in advocating against Kirsche, but is just being more vocal/critical with his skepticism against Kirsche's slot/posts than most of the other players in this game. (Which is why I believe he's being more faulted of "fearmongering"/rejecting the leadership thing than anyone else currently.)

@Via: I myself posted "nothx" to his comment earlier (with his mayor claim) to claim to him. I don't like handing out freebie information like that, especially this early in a game. I'm also not fond of the method in which Kirsche has attempted to garner said support (but I will admit that I've a history of being skeptical of Kirsche's overall more abrasive gameplay as well).

@SB: Well excuse me for not having super solid stances, especially when I'm re-reading into the thread of ED1 shizz? Was trying to clarify things as I went along (but ahoy, multiple ninja posts OP).

##Unvote

##Vote: Bluedoom

While I'm finding your lack of wallposts to be beyond weird (man, even as scum, I'd expect at least one by now), I'm happy because it means I can save time replying to you, dude. Anyways, here are my issues with this post.

Your Marth, Rapier, and Randa reads are all, how would the pros put it, poorly constructed. Like dude, what exactly about Bluedoom's content was questionable? Why should Rapier feel bad for his posts...well, like I know why, but why do you know why? What exactly about Randa's mess of a wallpost did you like?

I don't really have any issues with your other stuff, so kudos. Still, it's pretty bad when your primary scumreads are so vague and poorly explained. It's like you didn't really put any thought into them at all, and that's scummy. The only reason you're a weaker read in my eyes is that apparently you lost part of your post (hopefully the part explaining these half baked reads ;/). Like man, that's happened to me before, and it's the worst.

No issues with your next post, so I hope you'll be fine if I don't actually reply to it. Man, this post has already taken long enough to finish as is, even after I truncated the other portion out.

Here are some questions that everyone who doubts that they should claim to me should ask themselves and answer:

1) Is an organised town better than a disorganised one?
2) What would scum's response be to someone who put themselves forward as town?
3) How many OC games have scum become town leader?
4) How many games has scum fakeclaimed mason leader before?

Mr. Mayor dude, I know you said we should ask ourselves this, but I'd like to hear your responses to my answers so I'm putting them out in the open. Hope that's not too much of a damper on anything, man.

1) Yes, most definitely. Don't see how anyone could disagree.

2) It depends on their fakeclaims, man (or if they even have them, this my first Shinori game man). If they have good fakeclaims, then they'll definitely vouch for your plan. If they don't, then I'd expect some profound disagreement.

3) Most of the recent ones that I've played...

4) I don't know about mason leader, but I've fakeclaimed masons as scum all the time. That being said dude, I'm not sure why you'd lie about it this early, but like I said before, I'm not going to claim unless a majority of the other people have for reasons.

Of course it is easy. It was a vote made on early D1, on page 3, as a reaction test. Yet my contradiction made Marth forget about it entirely (I thought it was best to vote anyway, not voting accomplishes nothing). I found it odd that he joked about his consideration then handwaved that it might be important, but it turned out to be a red herring. Marth's been acting carefree so I wouldn't put it past his personality.

The player I am disliking the most, now that we actually got more content, is Kirsche. Whereas it would be good to have a town leader and he tried to establish himself as one, he's incapable of giving evidence that amounts to his towness, so it is a nulltell. But that's not the point. The problem is how he argued that he should become town leader though appeal to emotion ("Do you want to win or lose?"), personal attacks ("Terrador is being paranoid, he won't just accept my plan and let town win, therefore he's a problem) and, lastly, his Terrador vote is just as ridiculous. His 'arguments' all seem to me as if he is desperately trying to set himself as town leader. Totally not buying this shit.

##Vote: Kirsche

Aside from your desperate try to establish yourself as town leader, I don't see you scumhunting anywhere, also. Would like to know your opinions about the game so far.

Dude, what sort of reactions would you expect from Scum Marthipan?

I'm not seeing your primary reason for voting kirsche at all, man. It just seems like you're ascribing logical fallacies to his arguments in an attempt to make him seem worse. His lack of scumhunting would be a much more valid reason to vote him (kirsche...who even are your scumreads?), but it's just an afterthought here. PEdit OK, so you've kind of explained your scumreads, I guess...but like, dude, you barely have any. Kirsche, what are your thoughts on all of the primary wagons?

Rapier: His vote on BlueDoom seems completely legitimate as a reaction test. The shift from joke to serious is worthy of being tested imo.

Man, this sentence is like, totally meaningless. What exactly was worthy of being tested?

Ahhhhhhh 11 pages in and half the game is still yet to contribute significantly. I'll try to make do with what's there for now though.

##vote:SB

I feel like your vote on me was twisting my actions and making them appear to have scum intentions when that wasn't necessarily the case, but I didn't want to vote you then because that was to little to go on. However, I feel like your rapier vote is nitpicking one read and blowing it out of proportion. It isn't unlikely for townie to not notice the time period during which content can be generated, and I wouldn't put it past rapier to not really think about the context behind weapons' content, so why is he scum for it, instead of inattentive town?

Also you handled your eury vote better but your Terra vote feels iffy because the reasons he cites for his kirsche scum read are similar to your for not claiming to him, the only difference being that you're not citing kirsche. Or like, have a definitive read on him.

Rapier's play has been town!deep play IMO (I think he'd be more active lurky as scum although it have never played with scum him before) so I'm not interested in voting him.

I want to see refa's next pay before I type my read on him since its marred by
his RVs play atm.

Don't complain about other people before looking to yourself. Dude, you barely did anything before this post yourself.

Maybe it's just because I'm scumreading the people SB's been voting myself, but I don't really have any issues with the British dude myself. Still, I'm curious to see what your answers to his responses are.

Man, I'm fine if you have a townread that I disagree with (which is why I haven't commented on your Terra read), but your Rapier read is just wrong. Dude, he posts just as much as scum as he does as town.

It's OK bro, everyone is always looking at me because I am numero uno. I'd very much like to see this read on me, though. After all, even when you're the best, more praise can never hurt.

Overall, Marth's post is fine...I suppose. I mean, he can make such reads posts easily like this as scum, so it's not very telling. However, there is a certain something (not telling) that is much more so in his future posts, so I'll definitely be paying attention, dudes.

[spoiler=Via & Blitz situation. From game start to mid-page 3]

Hugh of Ilia: "When a guy's got a hunch it's best to follow it."

Why did no one ask him what made him feel this "hunch." Getting hung up on Blitz & Via over "gut feelings" while not examining Hugh's equally questionable gut-based RVS vote = wat?

[spoiler=Rapier's first post to kirsche calling for claims, about page 3 to page 5]

Refa: "Man, I don't see how Marth's one liner is telling at all. Is that something that he'd only say as scum? If so, why? It's pretty funny that I don't agree with anyone's cases so far. Please understand, dude, mafia sucks."

Refa are you me

[spoiler=Refa's first large post(s) to Eury's third post, page mid-5 to end of 8]

re: Refa's posts, particularly post #100

probably not even relevant but I've noticed a sharp increase in Refa's use of colloquialisms in referring to others (i.e. "hey man," "bro," "dude") and while it's hard to describe the feeling, it's like... are these terms maybe meant to help in buddying with people? I realize colloquialisms and posting style are much less telling than any other part of content, but it got me thinking esp. b/c of how Junko had started changing his posting style as well (consistently ending every one of his posts with something along the lines of "I g2g now," "I have to go now so sorry for the short post" etc.) in Code Geass mafia where he rolled scum.

tl;dr null tell but going to read Refa more closely I guess. not that that helps since I can basically never actually read refa well

inb4it's just a PR >.>

As for the actual content of Refa's post #100 - his responses are good but I don't see why he votes Marth (assuming "Marthipan" is just a nick for Marth) when the people he's replying to are Blitz, Poly and kirsche, and he doesn't discuss Marth in his replies?

[spoiler=page 9 and 10]

Weapons: "I mean I don't really want to play town leader anyway, so I'm going to avoid claiming unless this really takes off, in which case I might just sub out."

I legit thought this was a scumtell when I read it but no one seems to have reacted the same way so I'm guessing this is a natural reaction given SF's history of there being widely differing preferences of OC and NOC?

Clarification from anyone would be appreciated since this reads much like "it would be very difficult for scum!me to counter a town leader play"

Man, I didn't even pay attention to Hugh's initial post and I'm not going to start now until he does something with his slot.

Thou art I, and I am thou...that's what I'd say if this was some sort of TV show, anyways.

Feel free to read me as closely as you want, man. Just a warning though, I don't get intimidated easily.

Marthipan didn't have anything for me to reply to after my initial vote on him, other than his vanilla claim, which is something he would have done as either alignment considering he was advocating a massclaim, after all. It's like, totally elementary, man.

Man, that Weapons comment read is just a Weapons tell. Like, imagine town leaders ruined the game experience (uh...this is the impression I get from the dude, anyways) for you, what would you do in that situation?

What's just a PR, dude?

I-I don't e-even k-know what y-you're talking about, dude! T-this is d-definitely nothing o-of the sort!

Only two more pages to go, bro! Heh, that like, totally rhymed. I'm one of them poets and don't I even know it.

Saxaphone solos are nice, but I'm more of a guitar dude. You feel me, bro?

Bizz, that's terrible! Don't let some online game take control of your life!

Especially not some online game based on an online game that originated from an offline game. That's just way too sketchy, dude.

Day 1 Votals: The Third

Rapier (4): WeaponsOfMassConstruction, SB., Green Poet, Baldrick/TTPK_Tal

Bluedoom (3): Refa, Eurykins, Formina Sage

General Ciraxis (3): Blitz, Quote, Paperblade

Kirsche (3): Terrador, Rapier, Lord Gaius

Terrador (2): Kirsche

SB. (1): Bluedoom

Blitz (1): Blackhawk Stinger

Eurykins (1): Randa

TTPK_Tal (1): Hugh Of Ilia

WeaponsOfMassConstruction (1): General Ciraxis

Voteless: Nobody

There are 23 hours left in Day 1. Day 1 ends when a hammer of 10 votes occurs on any given player, or for today only, when phase time ends and one player has majority.

General Ciraxis has requested a Sub.

Edited by Sara.

Yo what the hell is happening to Refa? Like I started reading his posts, but I'm pretty sure someone else took over and started typing for him halfway through.

I'm totally cruisin right now, and will put together some thoughts about other peoples thoughts about other peoples thoughts about things when I wake up.

i know i said i'd post more real content soon but i'm buried in homework still and can't concentrate. will work on it asap, until then i've been talking to my townreads privately lmao. i love my role

eager to see what BBM has to say though

I'm sleeping soon but these are the feelings I got when I was loosely following
town

terra- paranoid as fuck and I disagree with like all his reads that I bothered reading but he's still town, putting in too much effort arguing against kirsche when kirsche won't be lynched for at least a few day phases

kirsche- obvtown bc he started the entire process of trying to get claims way too early; to the people who think he's scum, answer me this: do you think scum trying to pull this gambit would do so without consulting his buddies? he asked for claims like 12 hours into the phase man; his entire play is way too incautious and reckless to be scum

scum

sb- my main problem with SB is how he's treating this entire kirsche thing; he's just like "I disagree with claiming but others can do what they want". this is not town SB; town SB would try to convince others about his opinion. This meta is a little old but it reminds me of C9++ where he just said things but never tried to convince anyone and kind of just coasted. I get he's having internet issues and stuff but idk he just feels too unmemorable. his logic is fine but logic is not a towntell, sorry to disappoint all the people townreading sb

blitz- these are kind of vibes but I really didn't like how his first post of the game he went out of his way to explain RVS to newbs before any of them even posted; reeked of trying to be overly helpful. this is super ed1 but idr anything he's done after and it's stuck with me

waffling

paperblade- post more; it is over 24 hours into the phase and you are not yet obvtown; this is very worrying

via- I haven't ISOd or anything or followed very closely but since the blitz stuff early and a rapier vote that I thought was decent when they made it, it doesn't really feel like they've actually said anything; just kind of sat on the rapier vote

dude i'm not even voting rapier anymore lmao

wait is my vote still on ciraxis or do i have to change it now