Dot.hack//The World:R1 Mafia(Game thread)

Shinori

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's always going to be the case for any kind of investigation, which I have already stated. You can never be 100% sure but leading needs to happen so you have to compromise. If no masons are dead come D3 then you should start asking questions.

Do you want to win or do you want to let your neverending paranoia get the best of you?

You can never be 100% sure, but this compromise isn't acceptable. You've really offered no sort of confirmation that you're town at all, and you're telling everyone to claim to you? Props for sticking to your guns, but still, we have nothing to go on. Blindly following the first leader claim is a great way to throw a game away. Great job trying to make it look illegitimate to not claim to you, either.

Meh. Weapons' post made me think about Marth's dumb claim and I remembered that 90% of them come from town. But it's still dumb.

##Unvote

##Vote: Terrador

Let's go with this for now. Terra, why is kirsche more likely to be scum faking this then town trying to get things organised? I don't remember you ever saying this.

And I assume Mason Leader means Mason Recruiter?

hi I'm back from Mexican food

Yeah I'm an unlimited emailer and I'm about to prove it to Kirsche. it's one-way though--I can send unlimited emails, but the other person still has their limit even when they're messaging me.

Personally I don't like town leaders but that's just my opinion unrelated to this game lol. I don't think Marth's claim is scummy either. SB read coming in a moment because actually I have trouble reading him lmao, I just don't have any huge problems with him right now as it stands

also I agree with the Terra suspicion and I'm kinda paranoid he's feamrongering to keep town from organizing itself actually

It's easy to manipulate the email limit though because I can have obvclears e-mail each other orders in a chain or use other methods (e.g. Bizz, the thread etc).

I don't think any of these will work. For obvclear email chains, it's not likely there will even be any obvclears, and if there are, then why are they not the town leader? Also, you would essentially need like all but two people to be obvclear to send actions to everyone. Lastly, if you obvclears/trustees to send orders, then scum gets easy pr information. Using Bizz seems like a good idea, but then everything has to go between both of you, and then you are kind of unnecessary and it's safer to just have Bizz be the town leader. I'm just not seeing how you can use the thread to send out actions short of a code.

Even if you are mason leader (and I don't disbelieve it), there's just not enough incentive to try to put together a town leader system.

Meh. Weapons' post made me think about Marth's dumb claim and I remembered that 90% of them come from town. But it's still dumb.

##Unvote

##Vote: Terrador

Let's go with this for now. Terra, why is kirsche more likely to be scum faking this then town trying to get things organised? I don't remember you ever saying this.

And I assume Mason Leader means Mason Recruiter?

Truth be told, I wasn't immediately thinking "oh man we've got some obvscum here", but his play seems very pressuring, as if challenging that he, specifically, should organize town right now isn't legitimate. Organized town is good! But the more we talk, the more it seems like he wants to rush us into organizing behind him--that CAN happen as town, but idk, it seems like something scum would do, esp. that "do you want to win" line.

And as far as not seeing this play before--when I played OC games before I hadn't just come off a game where "trust me my role is obvtown" got me punished HARD.

Apparently I'm missing something with Bizz and masonry or sth, and there's a lot of talk about Rapier, so I'mma go read their ISOs.

I think Poly seems to be posting with more fervor than usual (especially in ED1), so I’m feeling more slight townie vibes/activity levels from this slot atm.

Via/Blitz interaction: Feels like a minor slap-fight (has similar vibes to my own experience).

Clearly the people sending you emails are the mafia trying to waste their emails and maybe look like they're contributing.

...I was joking but I think its something to consider.

Don't like this post.

And no, I'm not going to vote anyone right now. I don't see a point in doing so, as there is no content at all to pursue.

So yeah, Marth's post seems like a flimsy way to contribute while not really contributing.

##Vote: Marth

forgot to vote

Also a bad combination.

Sure I'll start.

I'm mayor claimt0me.

Nothx.

Why are people wasting e-mails this early into D1?

I thought it was mostly Via messaging others?

Yeah well your lucky kirsche you get a day roll while I'm smeared with vanilla ice cream

Eh?

wait where did the mason thing come from am I missing something I thought people were just talking about it

BTW I sent emails, just waiting for mods to relay them now.

@Bizz: I thought you mentioning you had a proven role was related to whatever kirsche's mason thing is. My mistake.

cc: all: Shinori is a lazy jerk and Elie is off picking up a Lucario Amiibo, won't be back for a decent bit.

SB I'm reluctant to give details about the exact nature of the role for obvious reasons.

I thought it was mostly Via messaging others?

I did not know this at the time.

Using Bizz seems like a good idea, but then everything has to go between both of you, and then you are kind of unnecessary and it's safer to just have Bizz be the town leader.

Not necessarily, I can have Bizz simply tell people who to target and nothing more. I could tell them to tell vanillas to target people to throw off the scent of PRs and the like. That way the really important information is still in the hands of a confirmed town.

esp. that "do you want to win" line.

I am not life so this isn't a scumtell.

But the more we talk, the more it seems like he wants to rush us into organizing behind him--that CAN happen as town

That's because there is a rush, the longer we sit around talking about doing it instead of doing it the less time we have to catch scum.

OH

no I'm an unlimited emailer and I've sent messages to almost all the people who have posted today. that's my proven role lol.

Yeah I have your e-mails now Bizz thanks =) I don't think weapons speculating about a message faker is weird and his insistence about Rapier is good, makes it clear that he doesn't want it overlooked.

Speaking of, I'm not really bothered by that Rapier play but I want to hear his response first before just giving him a way to justify it, just in case.

@Weapons, Because Rapier has gone with massive derp plays in the past regardless of alignment. There was no pressure for him to vote so it just seems like he was a derp instead of it being actually scummy.

Also: the obvious solution to Town Leader stuff is just to Mason Via, unless it gets rid of roles.

Cut by a lot okay. I think Terra's response is reasonable considering how hard he was fooled in FE11. He's back to null I guess.

##Unvote

##Vote: Eurykins

Her post seems really lazy and insubstantial? It kind of lacks strong stances on anything and it bothers me.

Blitz, not Blotz. Tuping is hard.

This almost killed me.

also I think I've made more actual content posts in this ED1 than I did during all of Code Geass mafia rip

Probably more content than like your 6 games.

ALSO

Who's up for breaking the game with a D1 massclaim? : 3

Not really. I actually think that's a horrible idea.

Sure I'll start.

I'm mayor claimt0me.

I have no problem with the mayor claim. I actually prefer early claims by mayor to minimize confusion. What I don't like is you trying to be leader in your first post of the game. You have given me no reason to claim to you.

Yeah well your lucky kirsche you get a day roll while I'm smeared with vanilla ice cream

WHAT DOES THIS EVEN MEAN?

I only claimed because my role is obviously mod confirmed. People should claim to me though. Just because it's LOC doesn't mean there aren't ways of leading, abusing the limited OC that we have. See Cy'or. Ftr I can have obv clears chain e-mail everyone or something.

I should lead because I have the only modconfirmable role in the game.

What do you think about SB then Bizz?

##unvote

##Vote: Paperblade

He's up first to claim to me.

Having a mod confirmed role does not mean you have mod confirmed allignment.

Ftr if it isn't obvious I want claims in e-mails so stop wasting them on each other.

And this is where I start to have a problem. Even if it's a mistake with wording it comes off as trying to shut down communications for the rest of town.

Why wait until D2 when we can be organised now? Also you seem awfully passive, with "other people can do what they want". Should other people claim?

I've been mulling over this but I don't think SB would just casually throw this out even if it was obvious?

##unvote

##Vote: SB

Bothers me.

Also mayor is always a bad role because of how controlled lynches are.

What happened to half my post.

Ugh not typing it all up again:

Terrador is just using buzzwords and not trying to find scum intent.

##unvote

##vote: Terrador

Mayor is a good role to claim to because it's easily provable and does basically nothing except decide panic deadline lynches, which shouldn't happen anyway. Having a leader is good to have ASAP and people can never be properly cleared regardless, not including the fact that alignment cops are rare nowadays.

See what bothers me about these posts is that you voted the people who didn't agree with your plan. This feels like your trying to strong arm the town into doing what you want and I'm not okay with that. I don't give a shit if your confirmed town (which you aren't yet) you still have done nothing to make think your town. Hell most of what you've done makes me think you're scum.

Nah screw waiting I am mason leader. Town should claim to me or do the same thing as they did in ROTAOTIG:BTTIDWSRM30G:LFOCH where they ignored me and got deceived by PB for like 3 days =)

And this is why I'm not voting you yet. Your Mason buddy has to do two things to make me not want to lynch you.

They can:

1. E-mail me and confirm you are a Mason and as such town.

Or

2. Public confirmation.

You have done nothing to make think you're town and if your Mason buddy doesn't confirm that you are Mason in lets 12 hours I will push for your lynch.

That being said I think I know who your potential partner is, and I would be suprised if I'm wrong about who it is because it seems kinda obvious.

About the rest of the game, idk what rapier is doing, but when do I ever.

Poly is a lot more active than I'm used, which seems wierd because he feels towny, but he's not playing to his meta. Somebody help me read poly.

Nothing jumps out to me about SB or Refa.

I'm a little unsure about Marth but there are some questions that I feel need to be addressed through e-mail before I make a decision.

I don't think anybody else exists yet.

Continuing on (trying to keep posts smaller).

also I agree with the Terra suspicion and I'm kinda paranoid he's feamrongering to keep town from organizing itself actually

So what does this mean of the rest of the players here that (although they may not be "fearmongering") still disagree/would not stand behind Kirsche leading town in this game?

That's always going to be the case for any kind of investigation, which I have already stated. You can never be 100% sure but leading needs to happen so you have to compromise. If no masons are dead come D3 then you should start asking questions.

Do you want to win or do you want to let your neverending paranoia get the best of you?

So what are your thoughts on people still not wanting to claim to you? (IE. Myself, Weapons in his latest posts)

eury's post is really vague and I don't get any reads from it besides "poly is more active than usual so town"

Via/Blitz interaction: Feels like a minor slap-fight (has similar vibes to my own experience).

first of all what does this mean and do you think we're scum or town?

Do you think Marth is scum? Do you think Rapier is scum? and why don't you want to claim to kirsche? was that just sarcasm or were you being serious?

@kirsche: Protip: most setups have a couple of mislynches built into them! It would Persona 3-tier to expect perfect organization from Town before the first lynch. I would sooner have a little less leeway to work with than dump all of town's info into potentially untrustworthy hands.

pedit: @Randa defo. sees where I'm coming from here, I agree with his opinions on kirsche.

[spoiler=meta as fuck and not really content](and Elie is reading this so apparently I am a massive turd and don't know when Elie can be available and not, so hey, maybe emails soon?)

you can keep your posts smaller but still be more clear about what you're trying to say, right now it's just a bunch of "I don't like this post" "I don't like this post" "this is weird lol" "-sits on no vote-"

who else is doubting kirsche right now besides Terra??

Good lord, the cuts. And I'm trying to keep shit small for easier-reading. >_>

@Via: That's because I was still posting/pooling my thoughts. Trying to avoid disuading people with massive wall posts this game. :/

Wrt Slap fight: I was meaning the one I got into with Blitz in my last game- had very similar vibes/reactionary posts.

you can keep your posts smaller but still be more clear about what you're trying to say, right now it's just a bunch of "I don't like this post" "I don't like this post" "this is weird lol" "-sits on no vote-"

who else is doubting kirsche right now besides Terra??

This begs the question of who is behind a massclaim. To him. Right now.

This begs the question of who is behind a massclaim. To him. Right now.

what is this supposed to mean