Dot.hack//The World:R1 Mafia(Game thread)

Shinori

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought that Randa was probably town at first because his attack on kirsche was really loud and likely to attract attention to himself so I don't think he'd try it as scum, but I don't get why he unvoted kirsche to go after Eury? It looked like he had a much stronger case on kirsche than he did on her to me. Pls explain.

My general thoughts on town leader stuff right now is: we should stop talking about it and if it happens later, it happens. The Terra/Randa/kirsche back and forth is getting nothing done so it's just spamming up the thread atm.

Eury's follow up is alright I guess but I don't really have anything stronger so shrug.

What makes someone "reasonably clear" if not a mason claim? I can claim that I will be clear on D3 because from my perspective either a mason has died in which case that clears me, I have died in which case you will curse your own paranoia or I will out a partner. No other role can make such a claim other than, what, innocent child? That is precisly the power of a masonclaim. I can make these sort of bold claims because they are true.

And organizing town is bad for scum in every scenario? You're legitimately telling me that information on everything in the town isn't worth the life of one member of a scumteam?

Yes. I would point to my experience in OC to back that up. It just doesn't happen. Ever. Do not lecture people about things you are less experienced in. Think about my questions 3 and 4, the two that you dodged. The answers to them are rarely and never for a reason. Simply proposing a town leader system makes you worthy of being town leader. A townie who has his doubts would act as Eury is doing: cautious but reasonable.

@Randa: Everything I have done has been to try and get town to get what I do. Ftr my mayor claim post was a running gag and not serious, I didn't even really think about being leader until after I hit post when I realised it was actually pretty feasible and logical. I didn't really want to claim mason unless necessary. Since people wanted proof of my innocence I decided that I had to do it so I did. I would also much rather my partner(s) didn't get involved if at all possible. I never once assumed people would act like I was super clear, I was simply hopeful that people would see the honesty in my desire to lead and that I would not need to claim.

Sb is distancing himself quite a lot from the town leader discussion. SB, do you think my mason claim is legit? If so do you think people should claim to me? Why?

Okay wait Kirsche, could you clarify for me? Are you a mason recruiter, or are you just a mason with partner(s)? Or are you being vague about this stuff on purpose?

I understand the skepticism and town leaders objectively suck but the only role not a mason I can see claiming masons is lover which is stupid, especially with Kirsche's mayor fakeclaim already throwing him out into the open. Playstyle meta or whatever (since that's probably part of why I don't have problems w/ Kirsche right now), I don't see Kirsche doing something like this as scum and I know we've seen a lot of scum mason claims on SF (at least until I took another break, idek what's been going on since then), but I feel like we've learned enough from those by now.

Also sorry but I'm really not good as a town leader and would rather not be made into one. You can try if you want I guess, but I am not at all confident in my leading abilities and like I said am not a fan of town leaders to begin with so I don't think I would be the best candidate for it. If you try to work w/ me and then die and leave everything to me I'm gonna buckle down and cry under the pressure lol

I'm not expecting everyone to massclaim to kirsche though, in case terra/eury thinks I'm implying that lol

not everyone's going to want to go with this plan until we have mod confirmation that masons exist so shrug

nooo answer my questions first

I have to reorganize my reads because I thought I had some scumreads but now I'm not so sure ugh

ugh tbh I think it's just blitz isn't used to playing with me.

I actually don't like Rapier's Marth vote.

##Unvote

##Vote: Rapier

"not gonna vote lol just kidding" aside, it seems really easy.

Of course it is easy. It was a vote made on early D1, on page 3, as a reaction test. Yet my contradiction made Marth forget about it entirely (I thought it was best to vote anyway, not voting accomplishes nothing). I found it odd that he joked about his consideration then handwaved that it might be important, but it turned out to be a red herring. Marth's been acting carefree so I wouldn't put it past his personality.

The player I am disliking the most, now that we actually got more content, is Kirsche. Whereas it would be good to have a town leader and he tried to establish himself as one, he's incapable of giving evidence that amounts to his towness, so it is a nulltell. But that's not the point. The problem is how he argued that he should become town leader though appeal to emotion ("Do you want to win or lose?"), personal attacks ("Terrador is being paranoid, he won't just accept my plan and let town win, therefore he's a problem) and, lastly, his Terrador vote is just as ridiculous. His 'arguments' all seem to me as if he is desperately trying to set himself as town leader. Totally not buying this shit.

##Vote: Kirsche

Aside from your desperate try to establish yourself as town leader, I don't see you scumhunting anywhere, also. Would like to know your opinions about the game so far.

Also, I find it strange that Weapons is still pressuring me for some minor thing that I did on page 3. Do you really have no better scumread than "hey that guy said he wouldn't vote but he did, therefore scummy"? Your case on me is weak and I'd expect better scumhunting of your part.

Eurykins is giving her random thoughts about disperse quotes and not really amounting to the discussion at hand. I think she's got enough info to mount a case against someone, given the number of pages. So Eury, why haven't you done so?

I'm unsure on claiming because I feel like you're ballsy enough to fake this kind of stuff as scum and also Masons with LOC seems really really strong too? And also Mayor on top of it seems weird.

My immediate reaction to Rapier's Weapons suspicion is to frown because I have no idea where the "I expect better from you" attitude is coming from? Especially when all of the things Rapier himself seems to find suspicious are on pages after Weapons voted so what did you expect him to be casing?

##Unvote

##Vote: Rapier

It comes from the fact that he has still been bringing something minor that I did on page 3 as something relevant. On page 7. And he still says "hey can't we just lynch Rapier now" on page 10. Yeah, let's lynch someone because they suddenly decided it was best to vote than not vote, that's definitely a scumtell.

The worst part is that he's got reads on Poly, Bizz, Blitz and all, but assuming from his posts he's got a neutral in all of them, a townread on Marf and a scumread on me and SB, who he never ever made a mention about again. Feels like he's trying to seem like he's doing something and scumhunting while really not doing so, instead tunneling me all the way.

I believe those reasons are valid enough to expect more from Weapons.

my vote's still on Rapier lol

I don't see much of a reason to change it

You may opt to lynch someone because they changed their mind about not voting, it's alright.

I mean, how is everyone buying all these terrible cases? This is absolutely silly.

FUCK, post got deleted. From the top.

@kirsche: You could totally claim something townie as scum. It's a trade that a scumteam could decide to make, and just because you're asserting that it hasn't happened yet doesn't mean you can't do it here. I can claim any sort of role that has to be town all day long, but until we have concrete information on it, that claim means nothing but your word, which, from your very emotionally manipulative and power-grabbing play thus far, doesn't seem very worthy.

And kindly take this appeal to authority and place it firmly in the toilet where it belongs. Not only is personal experience no model to make decisions on, but saying that I can't argue something because I haven't read a pile of OC games is incredibly unsportsmanlike. This isn't your little club, where you get to decide who is valid enough to have an opinion and who isn't. As far "dodging" 3 and 4; I wasn't even addressing that pile of leading questions, and you know damn well I'm too inexperienced to reference those two. As if they're even relevant.

Also, proposing a town leadership system makes you worthy? Are you kidding me? You're saying that scum HAVE to play conservatively? Sometimes a resource is worth gambling when you have less of it. Ballsy plays do happen.

---

Alright, sorry about this enormous tunnel. This logic honestly cheese me off a fair bit. At any rate, on the other topic of the day: Rapier. His prod on Marth is a little poorly constructed if taken at face value, casts a bit of shade, and I was worried about SB's objection re: him expecting better from Weapons, but reading that ISO... yeah, it is a little odd. I dunno, I fail to see anything particularly problematic there? If kirsche stays gone I'll have the brainspace to ISO some more people, see if I can find any other reads that feel firm at all--but for the moment, primary attention: Binding of Isaac.

I find it amusing that my Marth vote on RVS is still somehow relevant enough to warrant a discussion on page 10, even more so to warrant me two votes late in the phase. But I will address them, if I really have to.

Like, we were in RVS, and I wanted to get reactions from Marth, so I voted him because he said something jokingly then admitted that might be a serious issue. If it is a serious issue, he shouldn't have treated it as a joke. By treating it as a joke he isn't contributing to an issue that he admitted to be of importance to the town.

Yes it was an easy vote. Hey, RVS' like this.

It is actually worse to bring RVS stuff to ED1 as if they were a big deal.

Day 1 Votals: The Second

Rapier (3): Quote, WeaponsOfMassConstruction, SB.

Bluedoom (2): Refa, Eurykins

WeaponsOfMassConstruction (2): General Ciraxis, Paperblade

Terrador (2): Kirsche

Kirsche (2): Terrador, Rapier

Blitz (1): Blackhawk Stinger

General Ciraxis (1): Blitz

Eurykins (1): Randa

TTPK_Tal (1): Hugh Of Ilia

Refa (1): Formina Sage

There are 50 hours left in Day 1. Day 1 ends when a hammer of 10 votes occurs on any given player, or for today only, when phase time ends and one player has majority.

Baldrick has been kinda subbed (Temp-Subbed) in for TTPK_Tal.

hey im not gonna be here kinda the next like halfday i'm going to be sleeping and freaking out over physics lol. will catch up when i get back i promise

Hi I exist. Here goes my first post. I just read 10 straight pages so I apologize if my logic is flawed, reasoning unclear etc. Ask to clarify if needed.

Anyway here are my opinions on various issues:

Kirsche: Definitely not agreeing with your opinion on being town leader D1. Terrador really voiced my complaints with what you've said. I'm fine with your Mayor claim, it's easily confirmable, but it does not guarantee town alignment in any way. Mason Leader/Recruiter/whatever claim is where I started to feel overwhelmed. You're throwing information at us, but what does it really prove? You seem desperate to create organization, but putting information in the wrong hands is worse than not being organized. I don't care that you can easily be proved. You still aren't proved as of now. Not worth putting this into your hands.

Rapier: His vote on BlueDoom seems completely legitimate as a reaction test. The shift from joke to serious is worthy of being tested imo.

##Vote: Kirsche

This is preliminary, I need to reread some things, but I really feel bad about trying to get town leader when completely unclaimed.

Lol, you exist, and that's better than nothing. I SWEAR I'M GONNA DO SOME ISO TONIGHT AND LET Y'ALL KNOW IF SOMETHING JUMPS OUT AT ME.

fwiw, Lord Gaius' first post looks definitely agreeable, esp. for someone on their first skim. I know I missed more on mine, with less content, kek.