Dot.hack//The World:R1 Mafia(Game thread)

Shinori

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you're probably lying?

Well a result of it should be clear tomorrow. One way I've done it is through code in game though.

So why exactly are you convincing us on lynching Terrador again Kirsche

Because he's done nothing all day except be mad that I proposed myself town leader and has refused to look at anything else, using cult spec to excuse his never ending tunnel.

Alright, catch up time.

Via sent me the letters, so that's cool. Still townreading them.

Promised Ciraxis read:

-RVS vote on Weapons, no comment

-says it's not ok to claim to kirsche because he isn't 100% cleared, this is logically sound

-sheeps Rapier, I'm scumreading Rapier but this is still fundamentally a null tell

-"I don't understand how Bluedoom could be his strongest townread either. It just comes off as forced, and I'm not buying it." Doesn't explain why he doesn't understand the townread or how it's forced, this is scummy

-wrt Rapier: " Seems more like a brainfart than anything particularly malicious." But why is a brainfart an indication of towniness/someone you should sheep? If anything, an inattentive player is one that you shouldn't follow

Overall, I think his hard defense of Rapier against Weapons is unnatural and his reasons for townreading Rapier are nonexistent. However, this isn't scummy unless Rapier flips scum (which I believe is likely to happen), in which case the natural conclusion is that Ciraxis' unfamiliarity with the concept of distancing oneself from their scumbuddies led to this chainsaw.

SB read because it looks like he's a wagon now:

I haven't looked intently at the cases on him so far. As I stated earlier, I've been townreading him based on his posts from the game's start to page 10 based on how his logic all looked fine.

Looking through all his posts now, I don't see "passivity" as someone said. If anything, what bothers me is how SB doesn't stick to any singular scumread, and very quickly hops from one vote to another while giving up short cases on his last scumread after getting a response from them.

-His first non-RVS vote on Marth, for example, is something I would have expected to stay since he expressed dislike for in-thread claims and Marth had just claimed VT after SB voted him. Marth was the one who first asked if anyone else "would like to break the game D1 with a massclaim" so I would expect SB to continue to vote Marth due this disagreement?

-Voteswitch from Eury to Rapier is meh. This is what I meant by "jumps between votes after getting a response from his last scumread."

Overall: It's D1 so a lack of confidence could be expected. I don't remember ever playing with scum!SB but a the same time I'm not sure that a player as good as SB would be as noncommittal towards each read as town as he has been this game. It seems that all of SB's large posts have been sent from a phone or ipod and that is rather distracting (I played most of SF3 as town on mobile and couldn't come up with content for my life because reading the thread was terrible).

I don't want to vote SB over the other wagons right now and I'm just not confident that he's scum but as far as consolidation goes I would be willing to vote anyone other than Via today. A Rapier lynch was still viable last time I checked and Poly was never a wagon so I would prefer the former.

That Ciraxis got a wagon so quickly after one vote is alarming in that I'm wondering if the people voting him did so just because he's a newer player and an easier case. I also thought his post was poor but wouldn't have voteswitched off of Rapier for it because Rapier had more posts and I felt more confident in my read on him than someone with only one non-RVS post. Voting someone off of as little content that Ciraxis comparatively had doesn't feel like very careful scumhunting.

I don't know about you tools, but I voted Terrador as soon as he became a viable option since he's still my strongest scumread (so nothing to do with that kirsche bloke). Dude, I like, still wouldn't be opposed to a Baldrick lynch, but I feel way better about this because just read my posts, dammit.

I don't want to vote SB over the other wagons right now and I'm just not confident that he's scum but as far as consolidation goes I would be willing to vote anyone other than Via today. A Rapier lynch was still viable last time I checked and Poly was never a wagon so I would prefer the former.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat. Dude, I'm like...at a loss for words.

So Terrador's scummy for finding Kirsche scummy? Eh, that's kind of sketchy, but if he's doing nothing else aside from going on about not liking Kirsche's play then I can get behind it.

GP, why exactly am I scum to you?

Wait Terrador's cultspeccing? lmao, that's a shitty excuse. Yeah, I'd be okay with lynching him today.

Blitz should exist more and actually have a scumread. I don't remember if he did make any sort of reads post yet.

I don't know about you tools, but I voted Terrador as soon as he became a viable option since he's still my strongest scumread (so nothing to do with that kirsche bloke). Dude, I like, still wouldn't be opposed to a Baldrick lynch, but I feel way better about this because just read my posts, dammit.

Oh please you know you wouldn't have switched without me.

Why is this so defensive anyway did someone attack you for it?

I was probably sheeping someone else or something then iunno i cba to do it.

See: why my wagon sucks.

@GP, bad play /=/ scum play and I explained why I thought Marth was town for it.

I'm gonna reread SF3 day 1 now for Terra meta since he's actually a viable wagon now?

Oh please you know you wouldn't have switched without me.

Why is this so defensive anyway did someone attack you for it?

Dude, I came out today to have a good time and I'm honestly feeling so attacked right now.

no time to make a post fully

I guess I could go for a Baldrick lynch

didn't really like SB's listpost it was a ton of filler and he summed up my entire case as me using 2 year old meta when that's only one part- the point is that it doesn't seem like he's trying to really do anything other than coast. A more recent example would be Ace Attorney Mafia on MotK but nobody here knows that game

@Blitz- my first game was me getting modkilled because I didn't read the rules properly and engaged in OC but that's not the same as not knowing about RVS? Not sure how the latter is the same as the former at all. will address the rest once I get home

Eury might be scum

I'll switch to Baldrick if I need to for consolidation I'll be back later

Nah I actually was suspecting you before that I just weighed up the options some more and decided you were a better vote choice,

Shinori is reading my role pm as we speak get hype.

K I'm gonna put this even though Terra asked me not to because he's an idiot and I think there is a better lynch today anyway

He claimed to me saying he was miller but was paranoid that since he didn't literally claim in his first post in the game, he thought that

Hed get flak for it or smt and had no chance of claiming it. So that's why he claimed it Via loc. That's why he kept it a secret but it'd fell weird to see the miller claim to me only to get lynched because he doesn't have a good sense of timing.

Would rather lynch Terrador than SB today. He's still tunnely, Refa's post about a majority of his reads being fluff is spot on, and his comments about being culted when no cult is confirmed to be in the game feel off.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat. Dude, I'm like...at a loss for words.

Because some lynch > no lynch. Basically I'm saying that Via is by far my strongest townread atm.

GP, why exactly am I scum to you?

Your take on the Blitz-Via interactions felt noncommittal in that you switched from initially voting Via to voting Blitz without stating why Via was now the less scummy of the two. Also you had a Rapier-like comment where you said you didn't think they were scum-scum interactions but you were scumreading both of them, which read like a contradiction to me and also like a way to get out of having to solidly take a side in that interaction.

I don't want to vote SB over the other wagons right now and I'm just not confident that he's scum but as far as consolidation goes I would be willing to vote anyone other than Via today.

I feel special <3

Sorry I'll admit I've fallen behind because of personal stuff, but I was considering voting Terra to begin with because I still think he was fearmongering and now it just feels like he's tunneling for the sake of it. I would also lynch Rapier today though if people are still up for that. I've been reading Baldrick's posts and I'm not really as comfortable with a lynch on him today fsr, just something about the way he's posting I guess

Because some lynch > no lynch. Basically I'm saying that Via is by far my strongest townread atm.

Yeah but like...dude, surely you have some preference? That's like, I don't know why you'd be so noncommital. It bothers me.

Day 1 Votals: The Sixth

Terrador (6): Randa, Kirsche, Refa. Quote, Blackhawk stinger (L-4)

Baldrick/TTPK_Tal (4): Hugh Of Ilia, Bluedoom, SB, Paperblade

Rapier (3): WeaponsOfMassConstruction, Green Poet, Eury

Kirsche (3): Terrador, Rapier, Lord Gaius

SB. (2): BBM, Baldrick/TTPK_Tal

Bluedoom (1): Formina Sage

Voteless: Blitz

There are 5 hours and 25 minutes left in Day 1. Day 1 ends when a hammer of 10 votes occurs on any given player, or for today only, when phase time ends and one player has majority.

Edited by Shinori