Dot.hack//The World:R1 Mafia(Game thread)

Shinori

I don't like the blitz lynch though because its sudden and people should've been cranking those cases earlier in the phase, not now.

I agree that rapier had been playing like his town self but I don't necessarily think weapons think his role coexists with rapier's makes him town. I mean unless it's done weird getting a bonus when the other dies or smt that claim shouldn't really change his read on rapier enough for a 180 IMO.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@BBM; ftr I agree with you, Blitz should have at least claimed to someone he trusted if he wasn't going to be around at phase end. After Code Geass I don't blame people for being hesitant though.

The fact that people are in such a hurry to hammer makes me concerned. Do you agree?

but it apparently makes sense for Weapons'/Rapier's roles to coexist according to both of them so I would think either neither of them is scum or both are? idk

This is pretty much the only reason I'm not voting Rapier at this point, dude. Gonna go over Baldrick's points now though, so uh...get hype?

@BBM; ftr I agree with you, Blitz should have at least claimed to someone he trusted if he wasn't going to be around at phase end. After Code Geass I don't blame people for being hesitant though.

The fact that people are in such a hurry to hammer makes me concerned. Do you agree?

not really?

If we are going to lynch Blitz, he isn't around, and he hasn't claimed to anyone who isn't around either, I don't really see the point in waiting the extra 50 minutes or whatever. I got Refa's reason for wanting to ensure that Gaius gave an opinion on Blitz before his flip, but it seems to me like you're delaying for the sake of delaying.

speaking of Gaius I have no idea how to read him; it's true he hasn't really had any content but like he also hasn't played before, and he's at least posting more actively and getting more into the goings on than a lot of people in their first game? And at least he has opinions, sort of.

Baldrick, a few questions just to make sure we're on the same track. Was Rapier around to respond to your defense on him? I mean, even I didn't really respond to it my first time around, so I can't blame Rapier for it unless you like, specifically called the dude out. PEdit ...Nevermind. I don't have any issues with your case.

@Refa nice clutch cut

My thoughts, I personally lean towards voting Baldrick. The main reason being that I can see where Blitz is coming from as someone still suspicious of Kirsche. His spat with Via doesn't seem to me as scum intent.

I don't like Baldrick switching from Rapier (an already meh vote in my books) to SB so quickly.

But, Blitz had a quite a few more votes when I posted. There wasn't really a legitimate chance of getting me of all people getting Baldrick lynched.

If you leaned towards voting Baldrick, why did you not like make an attempt to case him beforehand? Like dude...how do you expect people to get lynched if you just sit on the sidelines and do nothing?

not really?

If we are going to lynch Blitz, he isn't around, and he hasn't claimed to anyone who isn't around either, I don't really see the point in waiting the extra 50 minutes or whatever. I got Refa's reason for wanting to ensure that Gaius gave an opinion on Blitz before his flip, but it seems to me like you're delaying for the sake of delaying.

Wanting to get this phase over is fine (dude, even I wanted Blitz to get hammered at one point), but I don't like how LG (Leaf Green?) said they were reading into both of the popular lynch candidates but didn't feel that it was necessary to ever like, post about them and was even willing to hammer before that.

##Unvote

##Vote: Rapier

Honestly though Baldrick, I didn't think you were making a post at the time either, so I don't think LG tried to hammer just so that you couldn't.

Refa are you switching away from Blitz just because of Gaius not giving opinions until pressed cuz frankly I think that has more to do with his inexperience than his alignment

Refa are you switching away from Blitz just because of Gaius not giving opinions until pressed cuz frankly I think that has more to do with his inexperience than his alignment

Dude, that would be dumb. I've had a scumread on Rapier, and the only thing stopping me from voting him is Weapons' claiming that their roles can coexist (still voted him despite that because of what Marthipan said).

no I get that you also think Rapier is scummy but you also said you were willing to have Blitz be hammered so it's like why did you switch back to Rapier when Blitz has more votes?

no I get that you also think Rapier is scummy but you also said you were willing to have Blitz be hammered so it's like why did you switch back to Rapier when Blitz has more votes?

Because at the time, I wasn't voting Rapier due to roles (and that was my only reason). Dude, I'm pretty sure I already said this before.

Like come at me, bro.

Coming at you, bro.

First, I hadn't seen your don't hammer post, I was making mine based of Refa and I think Marth's 8th and 9th Blitz votes. I unvoted and explained what I thought, which you can see in my last post.

Next, your Rapier vote, is based of a Weapons read that you disagreed with until magically its ok. Still not giving many reasons looking at your ISO. This sheep isn't screaming town, but not scummy either.

My Rapier read was based on the quality of cases on him. Weapons' later case was much better than any earlier case.

Cut: Refa I was literally doing that to save time because you told me and you seemed locked in on Blitz yo. I'm a newbie and not good at this game yet, I felt my vote was futile, and now that people are asking I'm defending it. I see where you're coming from, the hammer could seem scummy, hopefully this post shows my real ideas.

Back to Baldrick

##unvote

##vote: SB

I am feeling this lynch more than Rapier, in Duelist Kingdom even when he was struggling D1 he was still applying pressure and looking into people whereas when Eury's reply was alright he just shrugged.

Pedit: Baaaa

(I have no meta available to me due to this being my first game) So basically your scumread on SB is because he hasn't been as aggressive as in this one past game you quote. That seems really devoid of logic to me, and a way to back out of your Rapier sheep.

When I queried Paperblade I had only skimmed SB, I only read him properly afterwards. It looks really opportunistic in hindsight but nothing I can do about it now.

This does seem incredibly opportunistic, I wonder why.

##Vote: Baldrick

man I'm tired and forgot to convert timezones and also thought phase ended on the hour and not at the half hour so there's actually an hour and 45 minutes left rather than 15 minutes like I thought

I guess Baldrick's pov makes a little more sense now but still disagree

honestly not sure if I can stay up that much longer

@BBM; I call it delaying for the sake of getting the best possible lynch. If people were confident about it, fair enough, but they're not. Marth said he disliked it, Refa felt uncomfortable about it, and Gaius seemed to prefer my lynch.

@Refa; yeah, he was around, and I called him out about it. I pulled the quotes specifically for the timestamps.

Did you see me say "don't hammer" before?

cut by Gaius' post one sec

Day 1 Votals: The Elieith

Blitz (7): SB., Kirsche, Blackhawk Stinger, Quote, BBM, Bluedoom

Rapier (5): Green Poet, Eurykins, Randa, Baldrick/TTPK_Tal, Refa

Baldrick/TTPK_Tal (4): Hugh Of Ilia, Paperblade, Rapier, Lord Gaius

Bluedoom (1): Formina Sage

Quote (1): WeaponsOfMassConstruction

Voteless: Blitz

There are 1 hours and 45 minutes left in Day 1. Day 1 ends when a hammer of 10 votes occurs on any given player, or for today only, when phase time ends and one player has majority.

Like, I don't agree with your vote, but I can get where you're coming from now. I don't think you'd actually try to case Baldrick this late in the phase as scum (instead your post would probably be solely focused on defense), so that BBM dude was probably right for a change.

Next, your Rapier vote, is based of a Weapons read that you disagreed with until magically its ok.

How many times do I have to cite this post?

So basically your scumread on SB is because he hasn't been as aggressive as in this one past game you quote. That seems really devoid of logic to me,

I don't get why you say that.

You seem to agree it's opportunistic, how can that be if it lacks any logic? What do you think of people who voted SB for a similar reason?

@Refa what are you referring to?