Dot.hack//The World:R1 Mafia(Game thread)

Shinori

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have zero idea who is scum because after Kirsche and Via Refa was my strongest townread and I can't read anyone else for dick right now

being sick fucking sucks

hi I'm back but still kinda eh

I think there was something else I was going to mention but idr and I'm probably going to bed soon.

sorry I just didn't wanna explode or anything

@eclipse: why do you expect me to know things like that?

Because it's public information, and not necessarily bound to this game. It's not that hard to figure out what I meant in that message that I sent you. Not all codes have to be ciphertext, and anyone that attempts to mimic my version of cryptography is going to out themselves.

I'm going to send the exact same message to whoever's town leader today.

People should probably say who they've messaged today.

Just you. One remaining, and will go to the replacement town leader.

I kind of wish eclipse didn't sub in for Hugh cause then we could all pile on him and ship it in for this phase. Even now, I might even be for that, but I'd like eclipse's iso to be in the OP first.

Normally, I wouldn't object to this. However, I need some stress relief, and you guys are my chew toys (sorry Snike). I'm confident town can win without me (though I guess my super-early assertion of one of SB/Refa being mafia was right. . .whether or not I'm right about only ONE of them being scum is another matter).

Hugh/eclipse is worth a look as well. In my last post I talked about how Blitz's use of "in thread" might indicate him being scumbuddies with Hugh but it's a slight thing, meh.

eclipse's ISO isn't very telling but she did have a post expressing how it's likely that one between SB and Refa are scum. She makes cases on both and ends up voting SB, then unvotes SB later. Possibly influenced by being informed scum, possibly just coincidence.

It's called "pro reading skills". :P:

The other assertion I made was that it was unlikely that both were scum. I was waiting for kirsche to answer me, but he gave me a non-answer in-thread, which is why I didn't move my vote elsewhere.

If SB flipped scum, and Refa's role PM wasn't flipped, would this be held against me? Because if the answer is "no", then there's a distinct possibility that I simply managed to make something out of what was essentially a gut read.

Right now, I'm in no mood to scumhunt (can't talk about why, though, but it has nothing to do with this game). I'll send BBM a copy of what I sent to kirsche.

Read my reply to kirsche. It applies to you, too. Just because a game is NOC doesn't mean that I can't reference things from other places.

yes but there are two different things you could be referring to that fulfill both criteria you said. And more importantly... why bother? I understand that as someone who just vanillized a cop because I got impatient I don't have a moral high ground, but please don't do things just for kicks.

Weapons, now that your role is out in the open anyways, can you tell me why you went from "not voting Rapier because of his role" yesterday to "his role doesn't matter" today?

I'm also kind of suspicious of Randa again. His interactions with Refa aren't very good. He kind of half defends Refa early on in #167 and says nothing really jumps out at him about Refa, but then later says he has a gut feeling Refa is scum, just because, but then dismisses that anyways and says he's going to go with Refatown. Seems really unnecessary. Also his other casual responses to Refa just don't seem like someone who's just kind of uneasy about someone but isn't really sure about it (say me towards SB). Instead he's like joking around with Refa. If he was really waffling there, why not keep trying to gather a read there? It's not like it was absolutely necessary to give a read on Refa at that time.

I also missed that his Blitz interactions are kind of bad. He also votes for Rapier over Blitz on the basis of "Rapier has been more active and I want to let Blitz catch up" and says Rapier has about the same amount of content in way more posts. Still this doesn't imply a very strong scumread on Rapier because in #602 just before that he says he doesn't really know who to lynch and that's why he's asking other people. Except then he suddenly seems really confident that Rapier is scum and goes like "why aren't we lynching Rapier" when he was forced to vote Blitz and then when kirsche thought there was a 1v1 between Rapier and Weapons for a little bit and then recanted that he just flat out refused to unvote, even though he'd changed his vote earlier and the reason that he revoted Rapier was no longer even applicable.

Thinking Randa > Eury atm?

##Unvote, ##Vote: Randa

^The difference was that I got RB'd overnight, and since it was never stated in thread who was odd/even, only Rapier and Levity (and ofc kirsche) could've known for sure who to RB. I was also speccing more that town/scum odd/even was a possibility, and now role/alignment cop almost makes sense.

Well we've still got like 24 hours for discussion right? Who would you rather lynch? I have only the 0.5 claim that is Eclipse right now so I don't have any authority or knowledge upon which to just tell you guys to vote for someone.

Seriously the rest of you should claim to me if you have any available messages. We can play this game as an NOC game if you guys want but it's an underutilization of the mechanics available to us because not a single person has as far as I know other than maybe Marth made use of LOC to do something useful that did not involve messaging kirsche.

I would prefer Randa over Eury if only because Eury pulls out the 'suspecting the obvtown' thing even as town but I'm still cool with lynching one of Eury/Randa/GP/eclipse based off of interactions.

I mean I thought of SB but I've just brain farted over here whoops.

I thought Weapons voting Refa when kirsche said so was townie actually but its seems that you have reason to think that he's not necessarily town.

I'm townreading Weapons; that was just something that confused me and I wanted clarification cuz it felt like there was something I was missing. Again, I have like a 0.5 claim more information than you do, so really don't drop your reads just because I tell you to do so.

I haven't actually made my realcase yet though, I don't have time.

you feel like cum placing an eh vote on randa but throwing out "i feel weird on via" for the sake of it. if it's not a scumread then what is it then, eury? why are you waffling on me?

Dead! She did it again! Dead!

It's likely Refa was intending to suicide on kirsche once he pushed him hard, so scum wouldn't have any reservations about sheeping kirsche.

Thinking about Randa, I feel kind of unsure because my read was mostly sheeped from eury who I'm now scumreading. Like, should that affect the strength of the Randa read?

Man fuck mafia

On a whim, I asked Elieson to modconfirm if all emails received are from whoeever they're tagged as being from. He said yes, unless there was a mod mistake. I asked if he would lie about this, and his response was that IN MAFIA EVERYTHING HAPPENS FOR A REASON (thanks Locke)

So currently I'm asking Shinori and he didn't respond

So here's my suggestion:

ANSWER OR RIOT