FE6 Reverse Recruitment Low Turns

Stuff  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be the run's MVP?

2. 2. (tick multiple) "Dark horses" worth investing into / deploying whenever possible?

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWKTzf8PjA0

Uploaded chapter 7 (cleared in 5 turns). After editing out all the boring stuff (i.e. the dances), I managed to cut the video length from some 48 minutes to 18 or so. Elphin's lead over Lalum in durability is pretty big, and this is something I can make use of when needed (i.e. sometimes enemies don't bother going after Elphin because he's so sturdy, but they won't hesitate to go after Lalum).

Along with chapter 8, this has been one of the toughest maps to low-turn thus far.

Even Lalum can take a hit if necessary (which probably isn't often at 63 avoid.) I don't know much about FE6 enemies but 32 attack seems like a lot to reach for the OHKO. Elphin is going to laugh at enemies the rest of this run.

That Karel level was great also. The kid could be somebody one day

So I just achieved a relatively easy 3-turn of chapter 9, taking the Killer Bow village as usual. Recruited both Barth and Oujay (former needed for actually getting the full ending; latter could recruit Roy, whom I don't think I'll even need - which one out of Roy and Karel will actually wield the Binding Blade btw?). I wonder if there's any benefit to taking the Bartre (Sue?) path at all though - guess it's just that Energy Ring? Chapter 10 looks equally long on both paths, whereas the Bartre route chapter 11 is way longer and can't be 2-turned (I hope the Echidna one can).

Is using the Light Brand when it's not cutting turns something I can get away with and not regret later? Karel can grab a +2 spd level-up if he uses that immediately on turn 1 in chapter 10, but the weapon's only got 2 uses and I could hold on to it for later when there's actual necessity to use it. Even after all those wonderful level-ups so far, a bunch of common enemy types still 2HKO him... If HP hasn't gone up to a high enough level, all that "decent enough" defence doesn't quite cut it.

I think I'll try putting off Karel AND Zeiss's promotions, but I might have to promote Karel for chapter 11 if he turns out to be the one who needs to kill the boss.

Spam the Light Brand as much as possible. It becomes less and less useful the further the game goes on (as you end up skipping more and more enemies), so you may as well get the most out of it early on.

Edited by Irysa

Next map. Shin's not too bad!

The reason I'm worried about the Light Brand is that it's Karel's only 1-2 range. Could be useful if I want him to clean up enemies that can target him from a distance, and if that becomes important for the strategy. So I'm hesitant about using it for purposes like engineering better-than-average levels.

I'm sure I could break it in a single enemy phase, provided Karel doesn't die (and he's not resembling a soloist even remotely yet).

By the way, isn't proccing a crit supposed to waste an extra RN? Or does that apply to non-FE6 games only?

The reason I'm worried about the Light Brand is that it's Karel's only 1-2 range. Could be useful if I want him to clean up enemies that can target him from a distance, and if that becomes important for the strategy. So I'm hesitant about using it for purposes like engineering better-than-average levels.

The Lightbrand always does 10 fixed damage at range in this game and cannot crit. Karel isn't ORKOing anything with it at range.

By the way, isn't proccing a crit supposed to waste an extra RN? Or does that apply to non-FE6 games only?

Simply activating a crit never uses an extra RN. The crit RN is always checked as long as the attack connects. So a hit burns 3 RNs, same as a crit, whilst a miss burns 2. The crit RN is also used up irrespective of if there's 0 critrate or not.

EDIT: You may be thinking of the Silencer/Lethality activation, which I "think" is always checked on hit FE7, even if you don't crit, and aren't in the Assassin class.

Edited by Irysa

Wait, what's this then?

30ijipi.jpg

Did the patch change something about the Light Brand's properties? I checked and I did manage to score a crit with it, too. If it's an error, then I'll have to re-mod it... somehow.

Yeah, that's probably Silence/Lethality then... Or simply "crit" if you want to be pedantic.

If memory serves me well, Karel is the one to use the Binding Blade. Not that he'll ever need to use it but I'm pretty sure it's not Roy who uses it. Both will obliterate dragons with Durandal/Wyrmslayer anyway, Roy's bases are actually kind of amazing in RR.

Yeah, Roy being absent for the whole game is the kind of Roy we always wanted. I'm not sure how much I want a foot unit who slays dragons so late in the game, but he's there should I need an extra one, I suppose.

Turns out it was made a 1-2 range physical sword... Pretty broken in hands of a to-be swordmaster... I went ahead and opened both the RR rom and the original, and just changed Light Brand's properties to what they used to be. It's now a magical weapon as it should be, with 25 uses instead of 20... which means I actually lost 5 uses of the weapon, but now it's exactly as good (=bad) as it's supposed to be so I won't worry about them being gone much.

It's still useful for forcing Hand Axe wielders to attack you head-on I guess.

I wouldn't worry too much about the Light Brand. Your Karel is on a good way so far and with a handful of level ups in the next few chapters he should be able to do his thing from like Ch.11 onwards without babying. Dayan and Shin can cover 2 range and you've been blowing so much exp into Hugh that you might as well use him until Lugh shows up. I don't think the litlle amount of extra exp karel gets from countering 2 range attacks will make a difference.

So it looks like it's possible for a non-Karel character to ORKO the chapter 11E boss... Zeiss needs to be promoted and the chapter needs to be reloaded from the raw save so that the boss has 38 HP/9+3 def, just enough to be 2HKO'd by Zeiss's steel lance 31 atk. The accuracy, on the other hand... 27 displayed hit!!! Guess I'll have "fun" with this map...

The alternative is just having Karel critkill the boss (he can do it unpromoted pretty easily, doubling with KE / Wo Dao), but that means having the two dancers move all the way across the map. I wouldn't mind the time spent hitting the Dance command if this didn't imply foregoing the Orion Bolt in the southernmost village (where a dance is needed to get there in 2 turns). A powerful promoted Dayan would really make my life easier in chapter 12.

I should be able to visit the armory for more Javelins just fine though (since Zeiss seems to have erased the need for always carrying Hugh around, but there are things he does really poorly, like bosskilling - not like Hugh would do well against the bishop boss though).

Astohl [Klein's replacement] shows up on turn 5 and can be recruited by either Karel or Miledy talking to him. Noah [Tate's replacement] appears on turn 7 and Astohl has to talk to him.

You'll lose an Orion's Bolt and an Elysian Whip if you skip them [in addition to all the items you won't get from the villages]. Unless you go to Sacae this is actually the only chapter where you can obtain Orion's Bolt - the only other way to get that item is in the secret shops of Ch.16 and 21. And it also kind of sucks to skip the Elysian Whip because it's like the second to last one you'll get and you want at least Miledy promoted asap [though a promoted Tate helps a lot in Ch.13].

If Karel ORKO's the boss, you could theoretically dance the dancers all the way back to get someone to the Orion Bolt village. Also, how does the recruitment of the replacements of Klein and Tate go?

He does ORKO the boss but it's not possible to drop him within the boss's range on turn 1. If he could at least chip in with the Light Brand from range, I'd have no issue finishing him off with any flier, letting Karel seize. If Karel actually uses up his turn 2 action to KO the boss, then the dancers will not be able to dance the unit going after the Orion Bolt.

I will have to miss out on some villages (Dragonshield, 5K gold, Sleep staff), both the recruitments and the three promotion items you get for saving people / visiting all villages (Hero Crest, Orion Bolt, Elysian Whip). I don't think waiting will help cut as many turns as it wastes; however, buying Boots later on will be tough when you barely have anything to sell.

I've already promoted Zeiss by now, and Miledy just needs to wait for the chapter 12 whip to promote whenever. I doubt a fourth promoted flier is that big of a necessity, although of course it's nice.

Edited by Espinosa

Okay, what on earth has SDS / Paperblade done with the Physic staff?

xaoro8.jpg

"1~1" not "1-mag"

nw10t4.jpg

This is not cool at all. I tried going into Nighmare item modules but the Physic staff is actually nowhere to be found there for some reason. Halp

Yeah you probably only need 3 for the lowest possible turns, but RR is different I suppose. I needed like an 8 move Zeiss to get boots as early as Turn 2 in Chapter 21, though I could've mitigated that necessity by getting someone with a lot more magic to warp, although having three for Chapter 14 could be nice.

Edited by Lord Raven

Okay, what on earth has SDS / Paperblade done with the Physic staff?

xaoro8.jpg

"1~1" not "1-mag"

nw10t4.jpg

This is not cool at all. I tried going into Nighmare item modules but the Physic staff is actually nowhere to be found there for some reason. Halp

The actual formula the original game uses for all ranged staves is 1~(Mag/2)+5. But I have no idea how to fix that, sorry.