FE: if sold as two (three) separate versions in Japan

HeartTranquil

I am quite pleased that enemies can use the Pair-up ability this time around. Even generic soldiers can be buddies with each other. Although, it might make early game Lunatic utter hell if they can do it right away...

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...Oookay, I honestly NEVER expected FE to pull a Pokemon. o.O

But I guess as long as the whole game/games is/are good, it doesn't really matter to me what happens. *shrugs*

The jp official site has pictures of enemy units paired up in battle.

sc2.jpg
sc3.jpg

Oh man, I now see myself having more trouble beating this game than I did RD. ._.

I guess thats a good way when you look at it that way. I just hope to God that the difference isn't in the choice. I.e you buy the black version and you choose Nohr White you choose Hoshida. I mean to make whats supposedly the fundamental core aspect of the game only accessible through buying an entirely different version of the game kinda sucks IMO.

Agreed, I'm hoping that their will be more mini-paths you can choose in each game to influence the outcome of the game or at least minor events.

....I freaking hate you, IS. This is gonna be NASTY in the harder modes

I am quite pleased that enemies can use the Pair-up ability this time around. Even generic soldiers can be buddies with each other. Although, it might make early game Lunatic utter hell if they can do it right away...

Just imagine if mooks can pair up with bosses. You just know some grunt will block your attack when you're low on health and save the boss, who will then kill you.

Edited by BlueL

Hopefully this isn't true. It completely destroys the idea of choosing your own path. There is dlc for a "third path" though. My guess is that this will the "peaceful" path where you will be able to broker peace or merge with all sides.

Hopefully this isn't true. It completely destroys the idea of choosing your own path. There is dlc for a "third path" though. My guess is that this will the "peaceful" path where you will be able to broker peace or merge with all sides.

Tbh instead of a peace path, I'd rather a "fuck-all" path where you fight both sides.

If only it were a prank. What with the display going on with the official site, it looks pretty set in stone to me. Shucks, this is a huge dilemma, deciding which to pick now...

My fingers are crossed for the two-paths-in-one-game scenario and now it's time to wait again...

I'm not sure about anyone else but all I'm doing right now is staring at my empty wallet. I might as well try selling it for some spare change... ;____;

How dare Nintendo go and have two versions of a game outside of pokemon. It's not like they've ever done something--

Zelda-Oracle-Banner.jpg

...Oh.

Doesn't mean we have to like it.

It's also a bit different because at least the Oracle games were basically two different Zelda games with their own stories. This is one story being split in two and released separately, when FE has a history of doing multiple paths in a single package.

Tbh instead of a peace path, I'd rather a "fuck-all" path where you fight both sides.

Agreed. Fuck the "Everyones' a good guy, you're awesome, I'm awesome, we're all awesome." Ending. I want some maturity.

Doesn't mean we have to like it.

It's also a bit different because at least the Oracle games were basically two different Zelda games with their own stories. This is one story being split in two and released separately, when FE has a history of doing multiple paths in a single package.

I don't expect people to like it.

I expect people to not act like this is some kind of unprecedented thing.

And even if the Oracle games have their own stories, you (theoretically) need to play and own both for the true ending. Not counting the obvious password generation online or whatevs.

I agree with you on the whole, FYI. I don't like it.

April Fool's joke, hopefully.

If this is actually two separate games (with a 3rd DLC version), just...wow.

Still too early to tell, but this could be way worse than Awakening's blatant cash-grab DLC.

Also, I saw 6/25/2015, which I assume is the release date in Japan, but then Nintendo says it won't release in the West until 2016.

Once again Nintendo giving the West double middle fingers it seems.

April Fool's joke, hopefully.

If this is actually two separate games (with a 3rd DLC version), just...wow.

Still too early to tell, but this could be way worse than Awakening's blatant cash-grab DLC.

Also, I saw 6/25/2015, which I assume is the release date in Japan, but then Nintendo says it won't release in the West until 2016.

Once again Nintendo giving the West double middle fingers it seems.

And given how well FEA sold in the West and given how the IF game debuted across all directs Jan and April, one would have thought this game will at least make a 2015 release in the West.

The game comes out on June in Japan. I mean come on!

This wait is going to be absolutely terrible.

2016 summer yea right. Sorry

Eh, if the prices hold, it'll be about $40 of DLC. Awakening's DLC totaled to $53, and this DLC seems to have much more meaningful content. I can get on board with this, if I enjoyed the path I initially pick.

Also, this will probably be a February release in the US. Nintendo of America like releasing significant 3DS games in February.

Edited by Zvarri!

And given how well FEA sold in the West and given how the IF game debuted across all directs Jan and April, one would have thought this game will at least make a 2015 release in the West.

The game comes out on June in Japan. I mean come on!

This wait is going to be absolutely terrible.

2016 summer yea right. Sorry

Its not like Awakening wasnt out in Japan for a year before we got it.

....oh wait.

So for the Japanese versions I'm assuming your starting faction is the one you play on your first playthrough. Does that mean that once you buy the other version's DLC, you will be given a choice after chapter 6 on the second playthrough? If so, then the DLC this time around might be only story based. This could mean that there won't be an Outlrealm Gate for DLC like we did for Awakening.

Its not like Awakening wasnt out in Japan for a year before we got it.

....oh wait.

Not a good comparison. Different times, different expectations, especially since the information for this game has largely been revealed worldwide, which was far from the scenario with Awakening.

Not a good comparison. Different times, different expectations, especially since the information for this game has largely been revealed worldwide, which was far from the scenario with Awakening.

Or you know, it has to do with the fact we are likely getting the entire game and not Pokemon Edition? Jinkies

Or you know, it has to do with the fact we are likely getting the entire game and not Pokemon Edition? Jinkies

Which makes it an even worse comparison if the release of this game is nothing like Awakening's.