Known Information (2nd April)

VincentASM

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so ya know.

blond and boobs apparently are a thing now.

*cough charlotte cough*

She somehow reminds me of Tharja.

Not sure why...

Dating Nohr girls seems really dangerous...

Shaarote/Charlotte confirms that not only some classes aren't gender exclusive, but she's bipolar as well.

*shivers from her tongue-out mugshot*

Mikoto is sooo cute~

Garon's smile is utterly hilarious.

Also, I love how the animations are much better. I especially love Marth's quad stab and how Kamui's cape disintegrates when he dies.

I posted this in the other thread, but apparently the purpose of the arena this time (which you can build in your castle) is to win gems and items and such. The gems are sold to the weapon shops to unlock new weapons, like a lot of games nowadays.

EDIT: I was wrong! Apparently, you instead choose one of your items (gems or food: the menu showed lapis lazuli, amethyst, meat, peaches and rice) that you RISK, and if you win, you get another of that item, but if you lose, you lose that item.

Edited by Sky Soldier

Question. Has anyone translated the voice clips and/or the screen shots on the official site's character page?

So have we seen any playable wyverns on Hoshido side or any playable pegasi on Nohr? Or will that be another way to differentiate between the two kingdoms? (Kindof like how in FE 6/7 Bern was known for its wyvern riders while Ilia was known for its pegasus knight mercenaries.)

So have we seen any playable wyverns on Hoshido side or any playable pegasi on Nohr? Or will that be another way to differentiate between the two kingdoms? (Kindof like how in FE 6/7 Bern was known for its wyvern riders while Ilia was known for its pegasus knight mercenaries.)

Crimson I think was seen in the Hoshido My Castle.

Anybody have any idea as to what food does?

From what i saw of the video it makes meals and you can feed it to the dragon fish thing.

Crimson I think was seen in the Hoshido My Castle.

Wasn't that a visiting castle from Nohr? Edited by goodperson707

Anybody have any idea as to what food does?

Cooking nets you temporary benefits and hindrances to the stats of your entire party, depending on how the meal winds up. (+1 speed, -1 strength, etc.) For example, despite being a maid, Felicia isn’t good at preparing dishes at all (This is something that she and Joker both point out during their narration.) and served “Homicidal Steak”. You can choose whether you wish to eat a dish after it is made or not, so it isn’t actually much of a gamble. The effects last until the end of the chapter.

Food like peaches or cabbage can be used to bet or offered to Lilith (the Azure Dragon) to level it up.

I feel like I'm constantly copying and pasting the same things, so here's everything I summarized from the trailer. I believe ShadowofChaos is working on a full translation of the 10 minute video as with the previous ones, so for a more extensive explanation, I'd recommend waiting for that. Kirokan has also translated the profiles here, and voice clip translations are here.

Edited by sforzur

I noticed something in the "My Castle" clip. Towards the end of the video, Felicia and Kamui were both attacking Harold. When they defeated him they knocked off his armor. When the camera returned to the overworld, Harold had a red arrow symbol, pointing down just before he disappeared. I venture to guess that removing armor causes a stat decrease based on that red arrow. It's kinda like units getting injured in Berwick Saga.

I wonder if you guys noticed this too?

Oh, and thanks for the helpful links, sforzur!

Edited by Leif

Also, when Ryouma overkills Elise, the armor on the horse vanishes as well.

I saw that too. I definitely think this will be a new feature for battles. It, perhaps, could halve defense and resistance? It's kind of a cool thing. Maybe it is to prevent having one single unit solo an entire map?

Funnily, Kamui's cape was ripped off during the fight with Marth.

Yeah! I noticed some of the summoned Kamui's at that plaza thing in "My Castle" were capeless! So, losing armor has permanent drawbacks?

EDIT:

OH!

I don't know why I didn't bring this up, but there also was a diner feature in the video! Food can increase unit stats. IS really took a page from Berwick Saga.

Edited by Leif

Yeah! I noticed some of the summoned Kamui's at that plaza thing in "My Castle" were capeless! So, losing armor has permanent drawbacks?

EDIT:

OH!

I don't know why I didn't bring this up, but there also was a diner feature in the video! Food can increase stats for the units. IS really took a page from Berwick Saga.

tumblr_inline_np8n6tPBIK1rb9mmp_540.png

The translation is still underway (a big thanks to Shadowofchaos for translating this), but he did show us this and while this is probably just a jab at Felicia's cooking skills, it does make me wonder if they may take it a step further and if someone has an averse reaction like Suzukaze here, if their stats would be decreased rather than increased? I was reading something where it said it was a "gamble", though it may just mean that the stats that get increased/decreased may help you or be useless. I think it would be pretty cool if one of your units did get sick and became glass for one chapter, though. Just to increase the risk/reward factor (besides, you can probably bench them anyway so it doesn't seem like a huge loss unless it's Kamui or someone else who is forced)

Yes she did. Suzukaze should be glad that Sully did not do the cooking.

Or Kjelle for that matter.

I'm gonna assume that you mean permanent for that battle. So yeah, that'd make the most sense. That's actually a cool feature, having to worry about armor and all. Even if it somehow is an aesthetic effect, it's still cool to see the unit hurt on their model rather then just the portrait.

I took the time to go through the weapon descriptions, and here you go! (n.b.: Pursuit/pursuing refers to double-attacking.)

Bronze weapons in general: +10 Ddg, cannot critical

Iron Nohrian weapons: nothing special

Iron Hoshidan weapons: (varies)

Steel weapons in general: -5 Avoid, -3 to pursuit threshold (my guess is that this means you will pursue if YourSpd-3 >= EnemySpd+5, i.e., if YourSpd >= EnemySpd+8)

Silver weapons: -2 Str and Skl for a turn after using

Swords:

Armorslayer: effective against armor, weak against other things

Wyrmslayer: effective against dragons, weak against other things

Killing Edge: -20 Avoid, increased critical damage(?) (it might be Crit Rate; I'm unfamiliar with the term used for Crit Rate in the JP version)

Levin Sword: 1-2 range, magical weapon, cannot critical, -20 Avoid (does not say "can't double")

Kodachi: 1-2 range, cannot pursue or critical, -5 to enemy pursuit threshold (I assume this means the enemy will pursue if EnemySpd >= YourSpd instead of EnemySpd >= YourSpd+5)

Axe-Cutting Katana: -10 Avoid, especially effective against axes, weak against other things

Flying Katana: 2 range (not 1-2... just 2), cannot pursue, -5 to enemy pursuit threshold

Quick-Draw Katana: +5 Spd, -1 Def and Res

Reverse Katana: reverses weapon triangle and doubles weapon triangle effects

Spirit Katana: -4 Def and Res, effective against monsters

Warrior's Katana: double counterattack damage

Lances:

Beast Killer: effective against beasts, weak against other things

Holy Lance: effective against monsters, restores HP each turn, -3 Def and Res

Killer Lance

Spear: range 2, cannot critical or pursue -5 to enemy pursuit threshold

Holy Thunder Naginata: 1-2 range, magical weapon, cannot critical, -20 Avoid (does not say "can't double")

Protector Naginata: -10 Avoid, +5 Def and Res

Reverse Naginata: reverses weapon triangle and doubles weapon triangle effects

Sword-Mowing Naginata: -10 Avoid, especially effective against swords, weak against other things

Warrior's Naginata: double counterattack damage

Staves:

Summer Festival (夏祭)

Instant Destruction of the Seven Evils (七難即滅)

Healing Items:

Vulnerary: heals 10 HP

Concoction: heals 20 HP

Gunther's Good Medicine: ???

[insert stat here] Tonic

Foodstuffs:

Berry

Fish: associated with Spd

Leafy Vegetable: associated with Res

Root Vegetable

Meat: associated with Str

Milk: associated with Spd

Peach: associated with Res

Rice Grain

Soybean: associated with Str

Wheat

Precious Stones:

Amber

Amethyst

Coral

Crystal

Jade

Lapis Lazuli

Pearl

Ruby

Sapphire

Topaz

Edited by Aethin

Instant Destruction of the Seven Evils (七難即滅)

LMAO best staff name ever! XDD

Seeing that it only has 2 uses and looks like a rare item I wonder what exactly does it do.

LMAO best staff name ever! XDD

Seeing that it only has 2 uses and looks like a rare item I wonder what exactly does it do.

My wild guess is that it increases luck or other stats. It's named after a Buddhist sutra against the seven evils (fire, floods, devils, tyrants, evil gods, imprisonment, and banditry).

Edited by Aethin

Food stuff is cool, do we know what any of those gems are for? I mean, in previous games some gems could be sold for money but since there are so many this time around, I don't think that's the case for all of them.