Physical or Digital?

Physical or Digital?  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Physical. Or. Digital.

• Physical
    • Digital
    • I'm ballin'; gimme both.

So one of the first things that popped into my mind after hearing about the whole "two game" debacle was: "Well, that's inconvenient."

On one hand, importing the special edition offers an art book, the trading cards, and physical copies of the game.

But having two games is inconvenience.

Have a single, digital copy would remove that issue, and overall, buying the game and both scenarios would be cheaper overall.

8304 yen for going digital vs. 9250 yen for the special edition.

And that's not taking import fees into account, because shipping from Japan is more expensive than getting a Japanese eShop gift card (which are easily available via online distributors).

So my question to you, Serenes Forest, is "What do you think is better?"

Physical? Digital? Why?

I'm really on the fence about this one.

Edited by Fruity Insanity

For me definetely physical. Call me a dinosaur but nothing beats the feeling of having something physical to show for your hard earned money simply having code and the license to play it just isn't the same to me. Plus I'm kinda a bit of a collector so there's that aspect to it as well.

Gosh, the surprise twist of there being two versions really threw me for a loop and put me in quite the dilemma. I've always liked having physical copies, but that would be tedious if I had both games physical, having to switch them out and what have you. Therefore, the most practical choice for those who want both versions (who also share the sentiment for physical copies) would be to have one physical and one digital.

Before I can enact that plan, though, I'm gonna need the means to purchase a digital copy in the first place. Damn you, IS... I love you so much, but damn you...

Gosh, the surprise twist of there being two versions really threw me for a loop and put me in quite the dilemma. I've always liked having physical copies, but that would be tedious if I had both games physical, having to switch them out and what have you. Therefore, the most practical choice for those who want both versions (who also share the sentiment for physical copies) would be to have one physical and one digital.

Before I can enact that plan, though, I'm gonna need the means to purchase a digital copy in the first place. Damn you, IS... I love you so much, but damn you...

That is the only reason holding me back from going physical, honestly.

I guess I'll wait to see how this all pans out before jumping to any conclusions.

Depends on how the pricing and stuffs is handled in the US. Though I most likely will play the download version since it takes forever to ship these things to where I live right now (which is not in the US).

Edited by Ryo

Since i highly doubt the international release is going to be split like that, im going physical. If the "versions" we get are more or less cosmetic, im getting the Nohr one.

Digital unless the combined version comes out here.

Also I should mention I prefer physical and I like putting the boxes in my display case.

Edited by Sroy

I haven't got enough room on my SD card for the digital copy (plus I prefer physical copies, anyway).

In fact, I doubt that I'll be able to download the "other paths" on my current SD card, anyway.

Edited by NinjaMonkey

If experience with Awakening is any indicator, I'll wind up getting both full physical and digital copies. Nothing beats grinding 99,999 Renown twice, you know...

If there is a split in the localized version, Nohr's box art is better so I'll be going with that one.

Digital for import, physical for PAL release. On one part I love the cover art for the JP versions but I wouldn't be able to choose and I just can't wait the extra day or so for shipping to AU (and I'm poor, so probably can't afford express...)

But if NA + EU get one physical edition, I'm getting that for sure. Nothing beats having the game in your hands.

On one hand, importing the special edition offers an art book, the trading cards, and physical copies of the game.

But having two games is inconvenience.

The way I understood it, the special edition is all the content on one physical game, not 2 games in one package.

Edit: from the Official Site Analysis here on Serenesforest:

Finally and rather excitedly, there will be a special edition of the game, which includes both versions (Hoshido and Nohr) on an exclusive game card, the 3rd scenario DLC, a special artbook and limited edition Fire Emblem TCG card. All for 9250 Yen (without tax).

And I'm definitely getting the physical game. Especially since the 3DS doesn't have a good way to use your digital games and saves across different consoles. I can choose whether I want to play my physical copy on my XL for a bigger screen or I can pop it into my normal size 3DS for better portability. You don't get a choice with the digital versions.

Edited by Dan

Ah, that makes it easier to use.

The real question, then, is... Does each path have three files or what?

No idea, we won't know until they tell us. My guess is they'll probably just have some number of total slots for all of the saves (hopefully more than just 3), since you don't make the decision until chapter 6 (probably, Nintendo isn't exactly clear on that).