Infinite Weapon Durability

boboliontamer

Yeah, this color system would make it very easy to indicate a weapon is a reaver.
I think there's a decent chance of reaver-type weapons returning.
Maybe you can change a weapon's color by forging! But only if you have a mystic paintcan item!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, this color system would make it very easy to indicate a weapon is a reaver.

Maybe you can change a weapon's color by forging! But only if you have a mystic paintcan item!

Them Tellius forgers would be proud.

What if I hate limited item uses? It stresses me out when items break and I prefer strategy RPGs where they're infinite. Should IS make a game mode where they're all removed to cater to me?

Thanks IS, you've always got my back. This is going to be something else, all right.

Thanks IS, you've always got my back. This is going to be something else, all right.

Hahahaha, now including

NO ITEM MANAGEMENT MODE

I'm gonna be honest...I laughed more than I should have at this. I almost fell out of my chair (doesn't help it's not that wide...and old.)

As for no Item management...I think we will have item management, but it'll be more of "Weapons will be harder to obtain/buy"

Casual Mode: No permadeath for characters and items!
Classic Mode: Durability remains and items now have death quotes.

"I was able to save many lives... But in the end, I couldn't save myself..."
A Heal Staff broke!

Noooo! Reset! RESET!!!

A Heal Staff broke!

Noooo! Reset! RESET!!!

Silver Sword "I guess I only saw... the silver lining"

But seriously, if this whole unbreakable weapon idea is true, how will this affect Nohr path's whole limited resources idea?

Casual Mode: No permadeath for characters and items!

Classic Mode: Durability remains and items now have death quotes.

A Heal Staff broke!

Noooo! Reset! RESET!!!

I found this amusing

Quick quick someone make a thread for inventing these

On topic: I've always been on the fence about durability. On one hand, the conserver in me only uses iron weapons and fire tomes, and wants to be able to freely use Forblaze or Excalibur. On the other, it'd take out the edge Iron weapons have on this stuff. So... I dunno.

I don't think durability is gone. We just don't know our way around the system of this game quite yet and we don't have enough to quite go off yet.

I have a little hunch...Maybe an entirely blue box means that it's weapon uses are full, then it goes down to green. Once it's fully green it's halfway gone, and then once it's fully red it's broken? I haven't read most of the responses so this may have already been suggested, but it's an idea.

In either event, I can't imagine that weapon durability is gone.

I have a little hunch...Maybe an entirely blue box means that it's weapon uses are full, then it goes down to green. Once it's fully green it's halfway gone, and then once it's fully red it's broken? I haven't read most of the responses so this may have already been suggested, but it's an idea.

In either event, I can't imagine that weapon durability is gone.

That contradicts the image of a weapon with Blue and Red :/

Edited by Ryan50

Hmm..if they're really infinite I wonder if there's a limit on how many you can get, so you have to plan carefully what classes you make people? Can't have too many ax wielders if you only get so many axes, same with all the other classes.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks like there's only one Nohr combat shot, which shows Kamui - the rest are Hoshido. What if Nohr's the one with limited weapons, while Hoshido has some other system to keep the player from abusing it? Weapons who don't use durability were shown in Awakening, so Kamui having an infinite sword and dragonstone don't seem too farfetched.

I can't see why they would change something so fundamental as weapon durability. It plays a huge role in balancing weapons along with gold management. Why not remove hit rating and critical strike chance while we're at it?

No depth, no planning, items only, Final Destination