Tsubaki, the man flying a horse. And the status of sex locked classes.

Saladus

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This might be a bit off topic but, could there possibly be perhaps certain transformation classes (eg. Taguel, Manakete,etc.) for the Hoshido and Nohr. This could make the games and paths more unique. If so, my ideas would be a Kitsune (spirit fox, that could use a spiritstone) for the Hoshido side, and possibly a deer-based class for the Nohr side.

Apparently, this is somewhat of the case, but I think that the one cavalier and Felicia are unaffiliated with either side, and just join Kamui regardless. I believe it's more of the cultural differences between both nations, but I doubt that'll stop them from having characters such as that one cavalier (whom is supposedly Kamui's best friend from Nohr) and Felicia (whom is supposedly a Nohrian maid).

Definitely haven't heard that before. Hate to be that guy, but source?

Definitely haven't heard that before. Hate to be that guy, but source?

I don't think there's an actual source, but that cavalier's been spotted on both Hoshido and Nohr side if I recall correctly? Let me see if I can grab some images.

[spoiler=Hoshido map, presumably]

dancer1.jpg

[spoiler=Nohr enemy]

feif-april040.jpg

Edited by Sunwoo

• 3 weeks later...

Pegasus Warrior isn't locked to women. Joker can be a Strategist, which is a Valkrie, but a man.

Hasn't that been in other games too, even Awakening?

Cleric is the female equivalent of Priest. Joker isn't a Valkyrie, he's a Strategist. It might be the male equivalent, but it's not the *same class*. I cannot read Japanese, and I might be completely wrong here. I think Tsubaki might actually turn out to be our first Male Pegasus Knight in a while, but in some crazy way, it might just be the male/female variant system. Pegasus Knight for female, Pegasus Warrior for male-- actually, nah that's dumb. Scratch that entire idea XD. Still, with Joker he's not a "Valkyrie".

I'm sure I wasn't the only one who said a Cleric was a female-locked class, despite there being a Priest too. The strategist is probably just there to eliminate a gender-locked class.

Edited by Carter

It's just a bit of a disappointment bc I was hoping for a long haired red girl like Cordelia.

I also thought of Cordelia when I saw him and I got really excited about the idea, but now I've assumed he is a man I like it even more. I really think he is a guy

It is like he was the son of two of my fav characters in Awakening: Libra and Cordelia. He has the red hair and pegassus style of the mother and the beauty and feminine look of the father xD

Has anyone considered the possibility that Strategist isn't a male Valkyrie, but is the new Valkyrie class made to not be gender-exclusive? As in, Valkyrie may not exist anymore.

And Tsubaki is a dude. People are actually still considering him being a woman?

^ i have (they renamed troubadour why wouldn't they rename valkire)but calling it a male Valkyrie is just easier, plus from the stats it looks like strategist is similar in stats to it anyway and they use the same weapons.

And yeah tsubaki was a dude to me as soon as i looked at his photo for more than a split second.

Edited by goodperson707

Has anyone considered the possibility that Strategist isn't a male Valkyrie, but is the new Valkyrie class made to not be gender-exclusive? As in, Valkyrie may not exist anymore.

And Tsubaki is a dude. People are actually still considering him being a woman?

That could be the case, but if it is then there'll probably still be some distinction between Strategist (M) and Strategist (F). The common unpromoted class that Felicia and Joker come from appears to have separate versions of Demoiselle for male and female, if that counts for anything.

^ why!?!? We just presumably finally got gender-locked classes removed, Why would we need a gameplay distinction between the classes. Having a different version of demoiselle is fine. But why do we need anything more than that. It seems a step forward than immediately taking one back

Edited by goodperson707

yeah, all evidence is pointing towards tsubaki being male (as it seems that rather than some classes being gender locked, they're now faction locked), but until we get confirmation, i'm witholding saying if tsubaki is this or that. it's up in the air for me still. having a bifauxnen would be fun, but so would male pegasus knight.

also-- bows upon promotion? bows?

Edited by falcoknights

^ why!?!? We just presumably finally got gender-locked classes removed, Why would we need a gameplay distinction between the classes. Having a different version of demoiselle is fine. But why do we need anything more than that. It seems a step forward than immediately taking one back

I never implied there would be anything more than that, at least not anything significant. More like they would be treated as separate classes, at least within the game's code, so there would be different flags for what version of the class skills they learn and such. Actually I take it back, they could just use the gender of the character itself as the flag. Carry on.