Tsubaki, the man flying a horse. And the status of sex locked classes.

Saladus

[spoiler=Tsubaki At War]https://40.media.tumblr.com/2d215c37841601632c56d179db08256f/tumblr_inline_nm5rejpsxr1r1ew41_540.png

You might say Tsubaki is a woman. But watch this at 2:45:

[spoiler=Tsubaki's Voice]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNQcJq_wnhk&feature=youtu.be&t=2m43s

Tsubaki has a man's voice. And look at his build.

Now, what about about the other traditionally sex locked classes?

Edited by Saladus

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would really like this to be true, but...I'm not getting my hopes up.

I believe there was a female Axe class confirmed, so maybe there's something to this.

uh, Tsubaki is a girl's name. Specifically it's the Japanese word for "camellia."

So? Dorcas, Jasmine, Scáthach, and Gaia are names for women handed to men. On the other-hand, Serge and Mark are both names for men handed to women.

Edited by Saladus

He sounds like Inigo.

We can also see him fight in the japanese nintendo direct, after the trailer. Considering his figure and his voice in this as well... I'm pretty sure that's a man.

I really can't tell if this one is a guy or a girl. Honestly when I first saw the portrait I did think it was a guy, but the longer I looked the more it looked like a girl to me (especially with the clothes he/she is wearing). The voice does sound slightly more masculine but in game-play it's riding a pegasus. The evidence is split right down the middle.

Though this brings up the question: instead of gender-specific classes, is it possible that there will be Hoshida-specific classes vs Nohr-specific classes? Afterall, in the first trailer we only see Nohr units on horseback, and we only see Hoshidan units utilizing pegasus related classes (if I'm wrong please correct me on this). While I doubt this is the case, it's certainly interesting to think on.

Though this brings up the question: instead of gender-specific classes, is it possible that there will be Hoshida-specific classes vs Nohr-specific classes? Afterall, in the first trailer we only see Nohr units on horseback, and we only see Hoshidan units utilizing pegasus related classes (if I'm wrong please correct me on this). While I doubt this is the case, it's certainly interesting to think on.

Actually, that really does seem to be the case... Wyverns, black magic, horseback units and bow-using thieves seem tied to Nohr, while Hoshido has myrmidons, pegasus knights, and ninjas. Doesn't mean that any one campaign will keep any of that from you, though.

In fact I'm lying, that sounds very likely to me, just not all of it.

Edited by Cysx

Tsubaki looks and sounds like a guy to me so he might be our first playable male Pegasus rider.

People should keep in mind that there is a lot of flexibility when it comes to gender specific names in Japan. Even guys will sometimes take flower themed names.

Ugh, I hope that's not a guy. We already have an archer dude that looks female but is really male. I'm really tired of men that look like women in this series. I just don't like the idea.

Sigh...

I'll always say to wait for confirmation. But this one really does feel like a guy to me. His voice sounded masculine in the second trailer, and imo his appearance looks masculine in the portrait as well. Plus if you look at the first trailer, when the Sumia Myrmidon faces off against a random bad guy you can see a second red haired pegasus Knight at 1:02 in the bottom left corner of the inner room. If you look closely you can make out his ponytail and the headpiece he wears

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pz2LJ-4DDWU

I'm fine with male pegasus knights and vice versa, (finally I'll be able to use galeforce). It's just a bit of a disappointment bc I was hoping for a long haired red girl like Cordelia. Oh well, just another reason to side with the Nohr.

Edited by Shadow Knight

I wish I could even get indignant about Ana's typical heteronormative bias but I can't even be bothered anymore.

As far as I'm concerned, there can't be enough of characters like this. And removing gender locked classes would be great, it definitely looks like there are female fighters of some sort from some of the other map sprite shots.

Um, what exactly is wrong with preferring men that actually look like men?

I'm going to start with "nothing" and end with (and this is for everyone) "don't have this conversation here."

Yeah, good idea.

Well, if this character is indeed a guy, I guess I'm just gonna have to roll with it. I'll have Ryouma to fangirl over anyway (hopefully, obviously don't know a thing about his personality yet). :P