There has to be something Morally Wrong/Odd about siding with Hoshido

UnknownUber

Still, you can't have a nation be purely white.

Even Ylisse in Awakening was morally grey, thanks to a past warmonger.

There has to be some kind of imperfection.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well everything's speculations right now. Hoshido wiping out Nohr completely if you side with them is going a bit over the top. Our objective for siding with Hoshido is fending off the Nohr invasion, not mass genocide for the other faction.

Kamui was raised raised in Nohr, I'm pretty sure he would try not to hurt as much people as possible.

Kamui was raised raised in Nohr, I'm pretty sure he would try not to hurt as much people as possible.

He might still have a grudge against them for kidnapping him when he was young. I hope we'll be able to choose things like this: not only your faction, but also how to behave against the opposing one.

I'm curious as to why Kamui's father was in Nohr in the first place when he was killed in the trailer. Could it be that Hoshido launched an unprovoked attack on Nohr and Garon just took Kamui in as a hostage or as revenge?

That said, why would their father have taken Kamui with him on the attack? Could Kamui have already been taken and their father was merely trying to rescue them?

Edited by FrostyFireMage

I firmly believe now that the story take place in Valm, it's not during the Awakening era, maybe before or After. In fact what if the third faction was Anri and his army?

OFC I'm only spitballing here.

Edited by The Radiant Hero

I firmly believe now that the story take place in Valm, it's not during the Awakening era, maybe before or After.

Well, since there's no country named Valm in if, and it was given his name after Alm, who founded it, this story can't take place in between the said country foundation and awakening's event. This leaves us with this war happening after awakening, and honestly i think that this is inposibble, since the political situation of the western continent at the end of awakening looks quite stable. Also I believe it was stated that this game will not be related to others in the franchise.

Still, you can't have a nation be purely white.

Even Ylisse in Awakening was morally grey, thanks to a past warmonger.

There has to be some kind of imperfection.

They attempted to make it morally grey, but gave up halfway through basically.

I firmly believe now that the story take place in Valm, it's not during the Awakening era, maybe before or After. In fact what if the third faction was Anri and his army?

OFC I'm only spitballing here.

Awakening's story only disregarded Fire Emblem Gaiden enough already, I think we need more Valentia, and less Valm.

The thing is, when choosing Nohr it's pretty obvious you are choosing family rather than ideals.

I'm not sure about that. The trailer mentions the idea of "ridding the world of wars". What if that's actually the "glory" that Nohr is seeking, by unifying the continent, for example? Although Hoshido is described as peace loving, that kind of goal generally isn't pushed forth by nation that wish to remain outside of conflicts, but rather by one justifying the current conflict.

Well everything's speculations right now. Hoshido wiping out Nohr completely if you side with them is going a bit over the top. Our objective for siding with Hoshido is fending off the Nohr invasion, not mass genocide for the other faction.

Even if you don't "wipe it out" completely, you'll likely still bring war to Norh's own doorsteps in the Hoshido campaign. There's no way the Hoshido campaign is going to be just defensive without ever going into Norh's territory. Of course, in the end, those will likely be necessary losses, just like how Ike's group was clearly in the right in Path of Radiance even if some of Daein's people didn't like them. The fact that you'll probably fight against and likely kill people who can become your allies in the other campaign probably will mean a more balanced presentation than Ylisse vs Plegia, for example.

They attempted to make it morally grey, but gave up halfway through basically.

Awakening's story only disregarded Fire Emblem Gaiden enough already, I think we need more Valentia, and less Valm.

Oh I thought Valm was the new name for name for Barensia/Valencia, my bad...anyways I dunno, I think that would a cool callback, but yea I'm sick Archania anyways, hopefully it's a new continent.

Oh I thought Valm was the new name for name for Barensia/Valencia, my bad...anyways I dunno, I think that would a cool callback, but yea I'm sick Archania anyways, hopefully it's a new continent.

Valm IS the new name for Valentia. Virion briefly mentions that fact when he meets with Chrom at Regna Ferox.

If Nohr is what Walharts nation eventually becomes, that would be kind of cool. Valm always seemed like a mix between Prussia and Mongolia, both of which I like.

I think it would work pretty well for both stories if Hoshido is trying to keep their peace through using the monsters like Nosferatu. This would give Nohr a legitimate reason to invade them, as I wouldn't trust them to keep control of those things, and if they don't listen to logic invasion and force are necessary to convince them, and it can still work for the "traditional fire emblem" story on the other side if they prove that they really are strong enough to control them and defeat Nohr. Maybe throw in a sympathetic monster as a playable unit or something.

Naturally, on the Nohr side of the story they'll lose control (maybe Kamui, being a dragon/monster thing, is able to help control them in the Hoshido route) and Nohr will be forced to continue with the invasion, with "revolutionizing Nohr" being convincing them to spare the Hoshidan people.

And them the third route can just be both fighting the source of the monsters or something, I don't know.

Right, basically I mean if we get Valentia again, it should be a remake of Gaiden so everyone remembers its stories.

I wasn't impressed with Valm all that much.

If Nohr is what Walharts nation eventually becomes, that would be kind of cool. Valm always seemed like a mix between Prussia and Mongolia, both of which I like.

Only in the Awakening era however. The original Valentia was more like Ancient Rome.

Valm is Roman inspired... like Nohr. Maybe the Hoshido could be using moral but ineffective methods (ala Emmeryn) and Nohr could use evil but effective methods (ala Walhart). I dunno, I feel like this thread has been beaten like a dead horse at this point.

Law and Chaos are never so simple as "Good and Evil"

We'll see.

This is why I don't think Hoshido and Nohr are necessarily good or bad, I honestly don't think Nohr is bad at all just a bit Chaotic lol, Well I guess this is more so what I'm hoping cause if it's just oh man one side is good and one side is bad that sucks.

If Hoshido is the 'typical FE' route then I'm willing to bet you'll be in the right the entire way save for having to possible strike down former allies/family/friends. I don't think Nohr will necessarily be evil, rather it will be a more ambitious nation led by an evil man (Garon.) I think it will be interesting to see how the moralities of those beneath him are affected, and if he is maybe a villain even on the Nohr path? I think that would be a good way to balance the moralities of the routes, because other than Garon, Nohr didn't seem so evil to me.

But I think Hoshido's going to be quite "good". Like Ylisse good.

If Hoshido is the 'typical FE' route then I'm willing to bet you'll be in the right the entire way save for having to possible strike down former allies/family/friends. I don't think Nohr will necessarily be evil, rather it will be a more ambitious nation led by an evil man (Garon.) I think it will be interesting to see how the moralities of those beneath him are affected, and if he is maybe a villain even on the Nohr path? I think that would be a good way to balance the moralities of the routes, because other than Garon, Nohr didn't seem so evil to me.

But I think Hoshido's going to be quite "good". Like Ylisse good.

Tho its barely mentioned, Ylisse was responsible for a attempt at genocide a few years prior to Awakening's story.

They aren't as goody-goody as you make them out to be.

In regards to the topic of Hoshido, Nohr and the moral standpoint of Hoshido, perhaps Hoshido will have some sort of Sengoku period conflict going in within in as a small subplot, just to show there is problems with it, despite the peaceful features. Of course, it probably wouldn't be as developed as Nohr's inner conflict.

I always thought from Gaiden that Valentia was inspired by Valencia and Alm was inspired by the El Sid. Though I'm probably wrong.

I get the feeling it really may just be a good country, considering the Hoshido one is to be reminiscent of the Awakeningesque story of "all good here, all evil there."

The Nohr story is said to be more complex, but the fact you are "changing it from within" rather than combating the Hoshido sounds like only Nohr is the one that is corrupt in some way, regardless of your version.

Or maybe the Hoshido are utopian, which comes with its own downsides (super strict rules/regulations, etc). They have quite the army for peace lovers, after all!

Actually, it's probably the main choice here :

Chaotic Good (Hoshido) vs Lawfull Evil (Nohr).

Betraying your whole family and friends for total strangers simply because they're "the good guys" isn't that easy.

Neither side has the moral high ground here, Hoshido being "peace loving" doesn't change the fact that it's leader is still willing to throw away the lives of countless young people in the defense of the country (which is better than what Emmeryn would do, which is probably sit on her ass doing nothing while her villages are burned and citizens crucified). Politics and motivations are irrelevant on that point. The bottom line is whichever side you choose, a lot of people will die and you can't use the "they started it" argument as justification when you're standing on a pile of corpses. Like any real war there is no good or evil, only a winner and loser. That's why I'm liking the premise of this game, it's significantly more gray morally than Awakening, which pitted you against a country of bat shit crazy religious zealots hell bent on the destroying the world.

Based on what I've seen so far, when it comes to the Hoshido/Nohr debate I really only see one moral quandary that isn't based on assumptions or speculation; do you join with your biological family that you were stolen from and never knew, or the one you were raised by?

At this point I am leaning more towards the Nohr myself, i'd be much more likely to stay loyal to the people I grew up with as opposed to the group of people I never knew but were biologically related to me.

Of course, maybe this won't matter so much when half way through the game "Malgogalactus the chaos dragon" appears and the only way to save the world is for the two nations to band together and discover the true meaning of friendship and generally not being an asshole along the way, but now i'm speculating.

This plot premise sounds like choosing to play as Crimea (defending itself from Daein) or the Apostle faction of Begnion. You'll be playing as the good guys either way.

Neither side has the moral high ground here, Hoshido being "peace loving" doesn't change the fact that it's leader is still willing to throw away the lives of countless young people in the defense of the country (which is better than what Emmeryn would do, which is probably sit on her ass doing nothing while her villages are burned and citizens crucified). Politics and motivations are irrelevant on that point. The bottom line is whichever side you choose, a lot of people will die and you can't use the "they started it" argument as justification when you're standing on a pile of corpses. Like any real war there is no good or evil, only a winner and loser. That's why I'm liking the premise of this game, it's significantly more gray morally than Awakening, which pitted you against a country of bat shit crazy religious zealots hell bent on the destroying the world.

Um, deaths in the peaceful nation will be the fault of the aggressor nation. When you're being invaded, it's fight or die. Forgive me for the lazy analogy but was France just as bad as Nazi Germany for defending themselves against invasion? I think politics and motivations do matter...

Also, I'm not sure why you're speculating that Emmeryn would stand by and do nothing if Ylisse were invaded, because Ylisse WAS invaded, then they repelled the invaders and mobilized their army to topple the leader of the nation that attacked them.