How Evil do you want Nohr to be?

Trickster

143 members have voted

1. 1. How Evil?

• Barely evil, we might be the aggressors but the characters won't like it.
    • Little evil, we'll do what we have to in order to reform Nohr.
    • Kinda evil. it's us or them.
    • Pretty evil, Let's assassinate the Hoshidan ruler!
    • Flat-out evil, Kill the entire Hoshidan cast!

I would say kinda evil or a little but not flat out. If the game is about making tough decisions based on sides having their merits and flaws which fall in a grey area than the factions themselves should be conflicted. Making one flat out good or bad could in my mind kinda ruin it if the game's running theme is making conflicted choices and to have a story heavy campaign.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I'm most definitely going for Nohr on my first playthrough, I don't want them to necessarily be evil, but more along the line of "we need to do what needs to get done for our nation". I would like it to be similar to a real war in some sense where as both nations have a reason to go to war and view each other as the evil nation, rather than a standard "play as evil or good"

I'm quite sure that Garon's the only evil person here. Allying with Nohr will likely entail punting him off the throne, as some have already said.

It'd be nice if it wasn't as simple as that.

So evil that if you S rank someone in nohr before turning to Hoshido, they kill that unit just to make a point.

I can't tell if this was a sarcastic comment or not, but I would love to see it happen. Can you imagine how messed up that would be?!

^^ Well probably killing your father then taking you in possibly cause you might be useful to him is a start, the fact that it looks like he is trying to start a war helps. But yeah context and concrete details would be a great help. Also he looks evil.

Edited by goodperson707

If it'll question why the hell I bothered with Nohr route (and not because of aesthetics), or makes me uncomfortable (a la Yggdra Union's later chapters), I'll be happy. Given how I was raised, I don't think this is unrealistic.

I'm hoping for a more realistic take. Not evil, but with a strong desire to murder everyone in Hoshido thanks to rampant ignorance and propaganda. In their eyes, Hoshido would be the evil ones.

The story would be too simple and boring if one side is evil. I hope story writers have evolved enough to realized Good vs Evil is quite outdated. What makes stories interesting and challenging to me is the blurry line between the two. A boy stealing is bad, but if the boy steals so he can feed his siblings, that makes it more difficult to judge.

In the fight between Good vs Evil, evil always lose and punished. Those who punished evil are heroes. Is that a joke? Or is "hero" another word for "executioner"? The hero basically just kill another evil to mask his own evil. There's nothing good about this hero (AKA: executioner). Yet, he still get a paycheck for it.

A kid is asked what you want to be when you grow up. He answers "An executioner. I want to kill people and still be considered a hero and get paid unlike those dump assassins."

So back to the question how evil do I want someone in this story to be? I'm going to pay $70 for it so I hope there is no stupid ideas such as Good vs Evil in this game.

Edited by Ganhur

She's a peace loving ruler who we assume just wants the best for everyone ala Emmeryn, so killing her does sound a little dirty.

As long as she is at war with you, she is the enemy. It could feel dirty to declare war altogether, though.

I think they'll be anti-heroes at their worst. It'd be an interesting spin if they invade Hoshido to get some world-saving macguffin that Hoshido refused to hand over.

King Garon is so evil, he invented a puppy kicking machine to better kick puppies. He's so evil, he only eats candy he stole from babies. He's so evil, his best friends are Hitler, Stalin, and Woodrow Wilson. That's how evil King Garon is.

I'm personally hoping that Hoshido turns out to not be the totally peaceful nation that the trailer paints them out to be. Based on the fact that Kamui, a person known to be of Hoshidan blood, can turn into a dragon/Xerneas/whatever, and he seems to recognize the Nosferatu monster, it's possible that Hoshido has been experimenting with gaining power from dragons and monsters, and Nohr is attacking either to prevent things from going wrong or because an "experiment" already did go wrong and cause Nohr casualties. Hoshido would insist that they have things under control and are just taking measures to protect themselves and maintain peace through a supernatural defense force, and Nohr would see it as immoral and/or uncontrollable and be trying to wipe them all out.

I suppose the whole "revolutionizing Nohr" doesn't really fit that well into this, unless Kamui is trying to shift their focus from punishing the nation to only focusing on the monsters or something like that.

I'm still hoping that America sells one game and just has a whole lotta plot chances, but it's probably not going to happen. I voted kind of evil, because I doubt all of Nohr just wants to kill people (notice how I said not all <3), but I hope the player can choose to just kill people. If i'm going to get the Nohr DLC, I at least want it to be an option :D

This FE feels very SMT-style to me but maybe that's my mind playing tricks on me, Female Heroine that follows you?

This was the case in most SMT games cept for SMTIV where Isabeau would pick the opposite side unless you were Neutral.

Hard choices? 3 Sides? Law, Neutral and Chaotic??? I dunnnnnoooooo

But being serious I guess Nohr side was already explained? It's about changing the Government from the inside which is coolio, Hoshido is "xD stop the invaders y'all peace!" and Neutral we don't have any info outside we aren't siding with one faction which is obvious. Some people think it'll be a new faction, some think it'll be you going full evil manakete(I surely hope that isn't the case lol.)

Personally what I think 3rd route will be is after shit was sorted out between Nohr and Hoshido Kamui brings them together to fight a greater evil or Garon who knows. Just speculation!!!

Isabeau just fought Flynn. She didn't take a side in this conflict. Of course, if Flynn doesn't take a side as well...