FE7 RANDOMIZER Low Turns

General Horace

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I definitely would want to read this.

As for the promotion item vs. Master Seal, uh, maybe you could hold some restriction based on what your party looks like at each chapter. If say you end up having three Wyvern Riders at the beginning, then only have one of them promoted and wait a long while for another promotion. Because yeah, I wouldn't want you to be stuck with Pirates and none of them can promote until Chapter 22.

Either way you do it, I'm sure it's going to be a good read.

RANDOMIZE IT

I think keeping promo items as they are is more interesting. I mean, it's EHM so even if you're stuck with 10 thieves it shouldn't be undoable but on the other hand if you get 10 wyverns things will get out of hand fast.

Thanks for the feedback guys. I'll leave the poll up a little while longer, it doesn't really apply until chapter 16 anyway.

I probably won't get chapter 11 done today, but I thought i'd share the STARTING TEAM with everyone.

Initially I had the almighty Troubadour Eliwood, but Marcus rolled as a Paladin, and Rebecca rolled as an archer, which was pretty lame, so I rerolled once. Don't patronize me.

[spoiler=FEAR DORCAS AND BARTRE]

fd44fedca68ead9e2add30e93a73d1fb.png72f277075f92d0ab759e96d325a02043.pnge03ee3bb068059d13b24672a4c01c8e5.png

6549f41d55d55e2d00f3a90689b30c0f.png1ee71bd60265ed8f54f4e4f9821c99f4.png6a0626129bc0c52e37dbb604cb26db31.png

oh wow both troubadours lol

hero marcus looks cool.

Apparently Bartre and Dorcas are too bro to not be the same class.

Although I wonder what kind of work Dorcas is doing for Natalie that involves dressing as a woman.

Apparently Bartre and Dorcas are too bro to not be the same class.

Although I wonder what kind of work Dorcas is doing for Natalie that involves dressing as a woman.

Yeah! Bros for life lol.

I wonder what Hector's crew will be.

Yeah! Bros for life lol.

I wonder what Hector's crew will be.

I can see it being Bartres idea.

LETS DRESS AS WOMEN BRO

no.

OH COMEON IT'LL BE FUN

no

I'LL FUND NATALIE'S MEDICAL CARE

...fine.

Hector will be some squishy class, Matthew or Serra will be a wyvern and Oswin will be a Monk!

I'm gonna be 100% wrong probably.

I can see it being Bartres idea.

LETS DRESS AS WOMEN BRO

no.

OH COMEON IT'LL BE FUN

no

I'LL FUND NATALIE'S MEDICAL CARE

...fine.

Hector will be some squishy class, Matthew or Serra will be a wyvern and Oswin will be a Monk!

I'm gonna be 100% wrong probably.

Haha, that's def how it went lol.

You might be right!

I agree with undoing all those changes. I don't know why they inserted all their opinion-based weird changes into a randomizer hack.

Yeah, I think it would have been better to include a patch with his changes and a patch without them, but oh well. Bartre the troubadour also gained 21 exp instead of 11 when he used heal, but that's not a huge deal probably.

I ended up doing chapter 11! Also the above Rebecca screenshot was slightly incorrect, she lost 1-2 in most stats, I forgot to make her base stats normal again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4kPo-VUZcI&feature=youtu.be

I just bought the Iron Weapons at the end of the chapter since Lowen already can't hit the broad side of a barn, and it'd suck to get stuck with like, a slim lance or even a steel lance on a unit for a while, and I don't know what the shops have early on.

Chapter 11 was done in 4 turns, but not like normal. Rebecca's Con is the MVP.

I also forgot to mention a few things in the OP, I'm not gonna RNG abuse to anywhere near the extent of my other LTC playthroughs, I don't even plan on really rigging level ups. If I see a strategy that say requires Marcus to gain strength midchapter to ORKO a boss or something, I'll probably do it, but other levels will likely just be whatever happens, happens.

Hector might actually be worse than Eliwood, the chump.

Edited by General Horace

Animations off? I understand some of the randomized spritework is wonky and some animations don't work at all, but part of the fun when it comes to these sorts of runs is seeing all the unusual color palettes for various classes. Maybe turn animations on for a few turns whenever you get a new unit?

This is gonna be fun to watch! Multiple dancers is possible in random mode, yes?

I don't think units are able to become dancers, or when I was testing it out earlier, I was very, very unlucky.

Animations off? I understand some of the randomized spritework is wonky and some animations don't work at all, but part of the fun when it comes to these sorts of runs is seeing all the unusual color palettes for various classes. Maybe turn animations on for a few turns whenever you get a new unit?

Jedi actually suggested I do this as well earlier. I don't really see the appeal since most of them are just a smear of colour across the unit, and as the game progresses enemy phases would take longer, although I could turn them off for the enemy phases. I could compromise and turn them on for the first player phase or something, but posting screens of the palletes would serve the same purpose, no? It'd be good to hear more opinions on the matter.

I added another question to the poll wrt to animations. I finished chapter 12 already so if people want them i'll show them all in a separate video or something,

Chapter 12, in 4 turns. Marcus needed the Energy ring to kill the boss, nothing else really special about this chapter. Dorcas and Bartre MVP's without attacking. I think this shows how good horses are, they're contributing a lot without even being able to attack.

Also lol Oswin, was hoping something like that wouldn't happen but oh well. Oswin for Seth tier.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PCJvwNkg9U&feature=youtu.be

Probably won't get any more chapters done until Monday or so. I also went back and fixed Oswin's and Hector's weapon ranks, they should have C Dark, and B Lances.

Edited by General Horace

Nice Oswin, bro. Are growths randomized or not? They didn't seem to be when I played.

Edited by Mekkah