2017 NFL Playoffs - Super Bowl LI Confirmed! Atlanta Falcons vs New England Patriots!

Lord Raven

It's actually just a freak coincidence.

They brought the guns out against Luck two years ago and Brees last year and they both came out fine. Ben's two injury free years were just kinda lucky but he was due for something like this given his history, advancing age, and terrible interior line. Palmer's also had some ACL concerns (and Cardinals OL last year wasn't spectacular) and Stanton isn't even really a starter, and that's like only 3 QBs too.

To be fair, Jeff Fisher teams have always had a reputation for being thuggish. And their DC is Gregg "bountygate" Williams.

Edited by Team Alucard

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, there goes our season... Ben's confirmed to have an MCL sprain and will be out 4-6 weeks. The Steelers don't stand a chance against any of the opponents they've got in that timeframe, especially the Cardinals. They MIGHT beat the Ravens on Thursday, but that's no given.

The Rams need to be investigated. They're hurting too many QBs. It's looking suspicious.

Hmm yeah, not a lot of cupcake teams coming up for them unfortunately: Ravens, @Chargers, Cardinals, @Chiefs, Bengals is a pretty rough stretch without their starting QB. Vick has a lot of weapons and the D has played well (although the Niners and Rams are arguably deficient offensively, but still) so they might be able to survive it.

Man... this team is going to start 0-5.

Like, I didn't think they would make the playoffs, but I thought they'd at least be respectable. Looking at the rest of the schedule I see 5 wins at absolute best.

Edited by Team Alucard

What? The Steelers o-line is pretty decent, it's just missing Pouncey who Wallace isn't as good as. The Rams are just dirty thugs with a good defense. Their game vs the Redskins must've been a fluke.

I was specifically talking interior. Pouncey is an interior lineman.

Like, I didn't think they would make the playoffs, but I thought they'd at least be respectable. Looking at the rest of the schedule I see 5 wins at absolute best.

We're looking at 2 likely 0-5 teams in the division.... Man the NFC is bad.

Well, there's a lot of problems with the Lions. Stafford's work ethic is very questionable for a quarterback of his caliber, the running game is piss, the trench play is garbage, and the back seven's got some injuries.

They're not touching the playoffs this year, or even anytime soon; not until they fix up... pretty much everywhere but the receiving corps and the back seven.

Well, there's a lot of problems with the Lions. Stafford's work ethic is very questionable for a quarterback of his caliber, the running game is piss, the trench play is garbage, and the back seven's got some injuries.

They're not touching the playoffs this year, or even anytime soon; not until they fix up... pretty much everywhere but the receiving corps and the back seven.

Well, yeah, it was obvious to anyone who actually watched them that last year was smoke and mirrors, but I still felt this team had enough raw talent to win about 8 or 9 games. It's looking more like another 4-12, 5-11 season instead.

Disagree about Stafford. This is still the same guy who had to fight off an army of team doctors to re-enter the game and throw the game-winning TD pass with a separated shoulder during his rookie year. And while he had some bad luck his first two seasons, He hasn't missed a game in five years despite taking an absolute beating playing behind an embarrassing O-line for much of that time.

I won't defend his ability, as it's clear by now that he's no more than an average QB even on his best days, but his toughness and commitment aren't in doubt.

You know what. I listened to the Chargers game on the radio while I was traveling to LA and all I can say is...

I'm getting really fucking tired of our bullshit.

The O-line blowing the fuck up, and not protecting Rivers.

Seeing our Quarterback, which mind you is the only reason we're ever even viable for a playoff run, put on the floor like a bitch every fucking play and has to work even fucking harder to throw the ball away.

Our D-line being mediocre for idk how fucking long.

Sloppy and predictable game planning.

Missing tackles.

and last but not least FUCKING INJURIES.

This should be a wake-up call for the coaching staff and Tommy T to do shit. I like McCoy as a coach but he's a conservative fuck. HE SHOULD'VE JUST LET GORDON RUN UP THE MIDDLE AT 4th & 1 TO MOST LIKELY MAKE IT A 2 POSSESSION GAME WHEN WE WERE DOWN.

Fuck LA. Why can't our organization get its shit together. We have the talent to go all the way.

~angry chargers fan

EDIT: This sums up my day as a Chargers fan everyone in our starting O-line EXCEPT FUCKING BARKSDALE is injured.

QB: Philip Rivers (got slammed the fuck up today)

LT: King Dunlap (concussion)

LG: Orlando Franklin (ankle)

C: Chris Watt (groin)
RG: DJ Fluker* (ankle)

RT: Joe Barksdale ( :) )

TE: Ladarius Green (concussion)

CB 1: Jason Verrett (foot)

CB 2: Brandon Flowers (knee)

CB 3: Craig Mager (hamstring)

SS: Jahleel Addae (entire fucking leg because it got crushed)

*Fluker actually fought his ass off because we had NO MORE DEPTH AT OFFENSIVE LINE DUE TO OUR 3RD/4TH STRING OFFENSIVE LINEMEN BEING INJURED SO HE STAYED IN AND FOUGHT IT OUT. IF YOU WATCHED THE GAME HE KEPT PLAYING EVEN THOUGH HE COULD BARELY WALK. Terrible coaching staff but then again this is the same coaching staff that let fucking Addae kept playing after being hobbled up in the head.

Like seriously we're so fucking injured that our depth is even injured. This makes me wish Johnnie Troutman didn't break his fucking arm, but if he didn't break it I doubt Fluker would get the chance at RG.

Edited by ~Summer~

Ouch :< sorry to hear that. I thought you guys were pretty solid last year, but :/

Also side note I love the Cardinals facebook group, someone posted this

jBKOebj.jpg?1

Edited by Jedi

We're looking at 2 likely 0-5 teams in the division.... Man the NFC is bad.

Now all we need is for the Vikings to start playing poorly, which they haven't since Week 1 -_-

Anyway, Packers have a tough schedule as well, but not one they can't handle, even though it seems we need to suffer an injury scare every week

Anyway, Packers have a tough schedule as well, but not one they can't handle, even though it seems we need to suffer an injury scare every week

Welcome to San Diego!

I was specifically talking interior. Pouncey is an interior lineman.

Oh, right. Derp... xP

There's a saying, btw. Once is an accident, twice is a coincidence, and three times or more...okay, can't remember the rest, but I think you guys get the idea. Rams have hurt three or more QBs recently, methinks, sooo...

Bills squished the fish and start 2-1 with a hard first three games. I predict walking into the bye at 6-1.

Man, with Tyrod Taylor actually looking like a functional QB, the Bills are fucking scary. That defense might be the best in the NFL, and Shady gives them a legit running game to work with. Not to mention Rex Ryan's actually a good coach, despite all the jokes we can make about him.

If Brady & Belicheck weren't in FUCK YOU mode, I'd have a hard time slotting anyone other than the Bills in the AFC Conference Championship. This team is that improved, and the AFC is, in fact, that bad right now.

The Rams are just dirty thugs with a good defense. Their game vs the Redskins must've been a fluke.

Oh, right. Derp... xP

There's a saying, btw. Once is an accident, twice is a coincidence, and three times or more...okay, can't remember the rest, but I think you guys get the idea. Rams have hurt three or more QBs recently, methinks, sooo...

firstly, lol.

secondly, that's the game. you can't blame the players of a game for being headhunters when that's the nature of the game. if it's not a dirty tackle or a dirty play, then there's no justification for calling them (or any other teams) a band of 'dirty thugs.' sacks are a wake-up call for the o-line to get their shit together. it's just silly to blame the defense for being hard-hitters.

Ana, the Steelers have injured Carson Palmer and a few other dudes. Are you saying the Steelers are thugs too?

In fact, the Rams tore Palmer's ACL, which had not only been torn before but he was already coming off of injury. Stanton was injury prone too, and believe it or not Ben Roethlisberger has injury issues.

Edited by Lord Raven

Man, with Tyrod Taylor actually looking like a functional QB, the Bills are fucking scary. That defense might be the best in the NFL, and Shady gives them a legit running game to work with. Not to mention Rex Ryan's actually a good coach, despite all the jokes we can make about him.

If Brady & Belicheck weren't in FUCK YOU mode, I'd have a hard time slotting anyone other than the Bills in the AFC Conference Championship. This team is that improved, and the AFC is, in fact, that bad right now.

I think the Bills are pretty good don't get me wrong- but the Colts(lost badly to Jets, barely beat Titans) and Dolphins(barely beat Redskins, lost to Jags) were also probably overrated coming into this season. I definitely like their chances of getting a wild card though, particularly with playing the NFC East and AFC South.

Edited by -Cynthia-

Ben hadn't been hurt since 2012, and he's been hurt only twice before this season. Not to mention the reason he was hurt at all was how many hits he took because of Bruce Arians's system. You said that yourself awhile back, Lord Raven. Ben isn't injury prone.

And duh, every team has injured players, but when there's a pattern, like multiple QBs in a short timeframe, something is messed up.

I think the Bills are pretty good don't get me wrong- but the Colts(lost badly to Jets, barely beat Titans) and Dolphins(barely beat Redskins, lost to Jags) were also probably overrated coming into this season. I definitely like their chances of getting a wild card though, particularly with playing the NFC East and AFC South.

Well, who the fuck outside of their division is challenging the Bills outside of Denver? The Colts were probably a major one, but then they decided they weren't going to block for Luck at all. The Dolphins were pretty overrated though, yeah.

But you look at every team aside from NE and Denver, there's not a lot of quality. When the likely 4th best team in the AFC is the fuckin' Bungles, you know something's going terribly wrong.

Yeah, I'd put the Broncos as the second best AFC team right now. The Bengals look pretty good, but they usually look good in the regular season and then go out round 1.

The NFC isn't too different mind you- Packers(assuming they win tonight) and Cardinals at the top and then it's...the Falcons? The Panthers? Not sold on either of the NFC South teams, although I think they'll both win a lot of games due to their schedule. Still room for the Seahawks to climb back to the top, but they haven't looked like an elite team thus far.

Well, who the fuck outside of their division is challenging the Bills outside of Denver? The Colts were probably a major one, but then they decided they weren't going to block for Luck at all. The Dolphins were pretty overrated though, yeah.

Being the resident Bills expert, I've looked at the schedule multiple times and here are the games that scare me.

Week 6 vs. Bengals

Week 11 @ Patriots

Week 12 @ Chiefs

Week 13 vs. Texans

Week 16 vs. Cowboys

I think that the Bills can pull out 2 wins there and if we do, that's 12-4. But those are some tough games. In addition, we were lucky to get out of week 3 at 2-1 because the Colts and the Dolphins should have played much better.