2017 NFL Playoffs - Super Bowl LI Confirmed! Atlanta Falcons vs New England Patriots!

Lord Raven

Astute observation, Ana. The move makes absolutely zero sense. Rex's defensive schemes seem kinda shitty at this point. When Jim Schwartz was the defensive coordinator there the Bills had one of the toughest defenses in the league. Since Rex has been given full control of the defense, they've been an incredibly burnable unit.

Both sides need a fresh start imo. It's just too bad Rex can't fire himself

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah. Though I wonder why the defense is so bad when Rex is supposed to be a defensive mind.

Then again, the Steelers' defense hasn't been what it used to either and they also supposedly have a defensive-minded coach (Tomlin was a DC before, if memory serves). I guess whatever the reason is, it's the same for both teams.

Speaking of which, they'll be on TV here! YES. I want to see these guys chew the Bengals up and spit them out so hard.

Some coaches do much better as a coordinator than as a head coach like Norv Turner or Wade Phillips. Rex can probably land a DC position somewhere. Rob Ryan should be done though.

Edited by -Cynthia-

I'm hearing a lot of support about this from 49ers and Bills fans alike, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ but it's probably a precursor to Rex Ryan never being able to HC anymore.

Rex Ryan from my understanding is/was trying to take a team that ran a 4-3 extremely well and make them play like a 3-4 which is frankly odd, because as a DC he has definitely coached up some 4-3 defenses. Proof: http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/rav/2005.htm. So basically I don't know what's going on or how he got 2 good years out of the Jets.

Some coaches do much better as a coordinator than as a head coach like Norv Turner or Wade Phillips. Rex can probably land a DC position somewhere. Rob Ryan should be done though.

And Ken Whisenhunt.

Yeah, probably true, since the reverse is definitely true too (Bruce Arians is much better as a head coach for the Cardinals than he was as an OC for us, for example).

I wouldn't say Tomlin is terrible though, he's pretty good (hasn't had a losing season, got back to the Super Bowl for another Lombardi even though it was with Cowher's guys, built the best offense the team has ever had, etc). But not like amazing. If he can turn the defense upward some more just like he's done with the offense, then I'll say the dude is amazing.

Hey Lord Raven, one of your assistant coaches just passed. It was the defensive line guy, apparently. RIP...

Edited by Anacybele

Damn it, we still won't have Markus Wheaton. :( He would've been a big help today...

But I still think my Steelers can win! KILL THE BENGALS!

Edited by Anacybele

Yeah they're up by a score now, 20-12, after a Weddle pick.

EDIT: would like to note that we had like 5 drops in the first quarter, it was so stupid. One would've been a sure touchdown.

Edited by Lord Raven

The Browns are blowing out the Ravens? Cool! XD

But wtf Ben, get your head on straight! Your defense had Dalton and his squad shut down! The ball got slippery from the rain, but Ben couldn't complete any passes after it was over AND he had excellent field position to work with. That seemed a little bit much for just some rain to cause. And on top of that AB dropped a sure TD pass (sure for AB that is, because he's AB). Maybe the ball was still slippery, but this offense needs to get going again. They really could've had a lot more points.

Pats down to their 3rd string QB now though, oh wow.

Edited by Anacybele

COATES AND JAMES. Finally Ben makes some Big Ben stuff happen and finds these two guys for a big pass and then a TD! Sammie Coates finally got open enough to catch it and Jesse James and his massive height got over THREE Bengals defenders to haul in that TD.

The defense just needs to keep shutting down Dalton and we got this. 17-6 Steelers!

Also, come on Browns, don't blow this. xP

Edited by Anacybele

Damn it, Browns, why you always gotta do this...

At least my Steelers put the Bengals in their place! 24-16 win at the home opener! That fumble call was rather iffy, but you know what? The Bengals got away with two PIs. The commentators were even saying at least one of them should've been called (the one where AB was thrown to the turf in the endzone and having no chance at Ben's pass). They had also gotten away with a roughing the passer. It was only fair.

Overall though, nice clean game from both sides, not much tension going on at all (I wonder if Burfict was just a bad influence). Good job on that for them.

Panthers are in the lead too, but they need to finish this. They can't let jokers like the Niners beat them, really...

Edited by Anacybele

I'm telling you guys not to sleep on the Chargers...

But... Bortles could be the gunslinger he is and just come back on us, then win in overtime...

I'm just afraid of people getting hurt.

WE LOST KEENAN ;;. I HOPE WE DON'T LOSE WOODHEAD ;;....

Er, I think I'm missing something here, because I don't get what the point of that was, Raven. xP

That ball just plopping right in the mud and getting stuck there is hilarious though. lol

Edited by Anacybele

Oh. How do I not remember something like that? You'd think I would given that it involves the Steelers and that looks to be the season where they won the Super Bowl in 09.

Anyway, I'm calling Big Ben a wizard now despite his passing blunders, because he rushed for 14 yards on a play, when he rarely ever rushes at all, and completed passes while losing his footing, being pulled around by the jersey, and being pressured to hell and back. And this was just after the game where he completed a deep ball on a really bad snap. HE MAKES MAGIC.

Edited by Anacybele