2017 NFL Playoffs - Super Bowl LI Confirmed! Atlanta Falcons vs New England Patriots!

Lord Raven

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1-3 isn't the kind of start I was hoping for :/

Aw well, still plenty of season to somehow turn that around.

JEDI LET'S BE PLAYOFF CONTENDER 1-3 TEAM BUDDIES.

The Vikings are looking like the class of the NFC.

I'm interested to see how the AFC shakes out after a quarter of the season. The Broncos kind of scare me still. They DID win the Super Bowl last season with one of the worst QBs in the league. I honestly think their only downfall this year could be the shaky offensive line. Still, with the talent they have on defense, I'm thinking they may end up being the team to beat in the conference.

^One certain offense was able to beat them (almost twice) and get 300 yards on them twice though, remember. Hint hint. :awesome: So you never know what might happen, heh heh.

(I need to stop using that emote now. lol)

Edited by Anacybele

The Vikings are much better than I expected and a number of the other 2015 playoff teams look off (Seahawks still look strong though). I'm not sold on the Falcons yet, though their offensive production so far has been insane and I feel like I need a larger sample from the NFC East teams before I believe in any of them.

The undefeated defending Super Bowl champs would be the team to beat in the AFC yeah. Have to throw the Patriots in there like usual, with Brady back I doubt they'll do worse than 12-4. Looks like the usual suspects really.

^One certain offense was able to beat them (almost twice) and get 300 yards on them twice though, remember. Hint hint. :awesome: So you never know what might happen, heh heh.

(I need to stop using that emote now. lol)

does 300 yards matter if you can barely score

i mean they scored a lot once but they scored 16 points the second time..

does 300 yards matter if you can barely score

i mean they scored a lot once but they scored 16 points the second time..

yeah look at rivers last year.

has a career day by throwing 500 yard on green bay. still loses.

just fuck me up fam.

That's why I said you never know what can happen. I only mean that the Steelers have the means/capability of beating them, not saying they definitely will. :P The Steelers were more banged up in that playoff game too.

EDIT: Wow, the Ravens dump Forsett again. Can they make up their minds?

Edited by Anacybele

This time it was because we were getting Dixon back and he has nothing left

He was cut before because we had a "wink wink" deal to sign him back once we move some dudes from the roster to IR without having them clear waivers... I know I've explained this to you

You did explain his being cut the first time, but you never said anything about why he'd be cut a second time. If you did, then somehow I don't remember at all. That's not a crime. xP

Fun fact Jiegg, Ana, and I all went 7-8 last week in picks.

Cardinals @ Niners- Even if it's Stanton starting, the Niners had some key injuries of their own and I just don't trust them.

Patriots @ Browns- Patriots getting their QB back(and Gronk getting healthy) should show last game was an aberration. Also always picking against the Browns has worked for me so far.

Eagles @ Lions- Eagles are hot and coming off the bye, Lions are...not very good really.

Bears @ Colts- I don't think the Bears have the personnel to exploit the weaknesses of the Colts (Hoyer in a shootout?)

Titans @ Dolphins- Could go either way because both these teams are pretty bad, Dolphins are home after a long week I guess.

Redskins @ Ravens- Will probably be a nailbiter, don't think Ravens are dropping consecutive home games though.

Texans @ Vikings- Vikings have shut down Aaron Rodgers, Cam Newton, and Eli Manning. I think they can handle Brock Osweiler.

Jets @ Steelers- Fitzpatrick is an interception machine and nothing they've done this season has convinced me they can win here.

Falcons @ Broncos- No 1 offense vs. No 1 defense? Taking the more proven team at home here, but could be interesting.

Bengals @ Cowboys- Cowboys have the better record, but have also had an easier schedule than the Bengals. I think that evens out a bit here.

Bills @ Rams- This is a real crapshoot because these teams are inconsistent. I have a hard time seeing the Rams at 4-1 so I'll go Bills.

Chargers @ Raiders- Hard to trust the Chargers to win a game after how many leads they've blown this year (and last year).

Giants @ Packers- Packers after a bye week at home against a mediocre Giants team seems like a good pick.

Bucs @ Panthers- There are a lot of reasons to be concerned about the Panthers right now (though Derek Anderson is a pretty good backup), but the Bucs have even bigger issues I think.

Edited by -Cynthia-

You did explain his being cut the first time, but you never said anything about why he'd be cut a second time. If you did, then somehow I don't remember at all. That's not a crime. xP

"Can they make up their minds?"

You said that as if he was cut and re-signed because we didn't know what to do with him, which is not true.

Sorry, I'll try to be clearer in the future. Though it IS hard to clearly do jokes or sarcasm through just text.

Anyway, my picks.

Cardinals vs 49ers: Normally I'd pick the Cards here, but no Carson Palmer is likely going to hurt (no pun intended). He just got ruled out. Though if the Niners have their own notable injuries, it could go either way, I suppose.

Redskins vs Ravens: The Skins are still bad. lol Plus as Cynthia said, it's hard to see the Ravens giving up another home game in a row. Though given the Ravens' track record so far, it could be pretty close. I dunno why those guys love close games lately. They're probably on the verge of giving their fans heart attacks. lol

Patriots vs Browns: I don't think this needs any explanation whatsoever. :P

Eagles vs Lions: Yeaaah, the Eagles are just good right now. The Lions are rather average.

Bears vs Colts: If the Browns aren't the worst team right now, the Bears are, man.

Titans vs Dolphins: Both these teams are bad, but the Dolphins seem like the better of the two.

Texans vs Vikings: Texans aren't good. lol And the Vikings surprisingly are right now.

Jets vs Steelers: Seriously, if my Steelers could flatten the Chiefs like pancakes the way they did, there's no reason they shouldn't be able to handle Mr. Interceptions and his squad. Especially at home.

Falcons vs Broncos: I don't believe Matt Ryan is suddenly MVP worthy after putting up a good performance against a struggling Panthers team. Let's see him do well against this Broncos team and we'll talk.

Bengals vs Cowboys: Bengals might struggle against Dak Prescott. Their offense is still somewhat sluggish too.

Bills vs Rams: I think I like the Bills for this one after they pulverized the freaking Patriots after the Patriots had just pulverized the Texans.

Chargers vs Raiders: The Chargers have injury issues and the Raiders just beat a good Ravens defense.

Giants vs Packers: Both of these teams are struggling lately kind of, but I think the Packers are still better.

Buccaneers vs Panthers: If the Panthers struggle against these clowns, then they really have issues. Anderson was playing better than Cam after he stepped into the Falcons game too.

Jason Verrett tore his acl...

just kill me fam. i'm not watching football anymore. this is retarded...

how are we getting so injured. next thing you know philip rivers is dead.

i can't handle this anymore. peace guys football is dumb.

Just a few minutes ago, I thought to myself "it'd be funny if Ben threw a big TD bomb to Sammie Coates on this opening drive."

GUESS WHAT JUST HAPPENED.

72 YARDS, BOOM. I LOVE THIS OFFENSE. They aren't screwing around!

Edited by Anacybele

Our fake FG almost worked too, until Vilanueva fudged it up with a penalty. Jordan Berry might not've been able to outrun the Jets guy after him anyway though. I like Tomlin for trying things, but...yeah, that was just lol.

Jets got a lucky TD off us when Cockrell got a hand on it and nearly picked it off/batted it away, but Marshall somehow wound up with it ANYWAY. But we're back in front after a wide open Jesse James TD AND we get the ball after halftime. #Outlaw :D

Coates is too up and down right now. He gets the TD bomb and a first down or two, but he's dropped three passes as well. I like this guy filling in for Bryant, but he needs to work on his hands. AB can teach him a thing or two here, I bet. He (almost) never drops one.

EDIT: STEELERS CONTROL THE NORTH NOW! Thank you, Skins. :D

Edited by Anacybele

Whoa, Lord Raven, your Ravens fired their OC! I knew that offense wasn't doing too well, but this is surprising. I thought the problems were WRs not being that great or something like that. :P