2017 NFL Playoffs - Super Bowl LI Confirmed! Atlanta Falcons vs New England Patriots!

Lord Raven

i dunno, on paper this is the best WR corps we've had, they just dropped a lot of passes and some of them are deep threats

past few games we never did anything but pass it short or do like 2 long bombs a game, and fucking west averaged 8.6 ypc against the racial slurs but Trestman opted to pass it short instead of run it.

Flacco's accuracy is really high but his yardage output is low, and that's been a persistent issue

also the OL blows at pass blocking but they get good push in the run game

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Joe-Flacco-Offense-Is-Not-Fun-Embarrassing-Frustrating/7b1d9193-66f6-45ca-9e19-cb33969a4282

Edited by Lord Raven

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Y'know dropped passes aren't a force of nature or something, great receivers find a way to haul those balls in. Just saying that since you seem to act like it's a luck factor.

Edited by -Cynthia-

Hm, I see. Maybe changing the OC was the best move for them then.

On another topic, man was Sammie Coates Jekyll and Hyde in that game vs the Jets. He gets a TD bomb and a first down or two, then drops a bunch of passes, then starts catching great passes again and even notches the game for us with Ben's fourth TD. So he dropped like half a dozen passes, but caught at least half a dozen more plus two TDs for his first 100 yd game and he now leads the league in catches of 40+ yards. He had both a bad day AND a good day. lol But it turns out that he got a laceration in his left hand and that was what was causing his ball trouble.

This just shows how much confidence Ben had in him to figure something out and how Coates must've not have wanted to give up on his hand.

And speaking of Big Ben, he got 4 TDs and 387 yards this time, btw. He's on fire!

Edited by Anacybele

Picks for this week:

Broncos at Chargers- Broncos offense was pretty sad last week, but having Siemian back should help and this Chargers defense isn't very good.

Rams at Lions-Two unpredictable teams- going to pick Jeff Fisher to trend towards .500

Niners at Bills- Niners just don't have the talent to compete with most teams, no matter who's at quarterback.

Jaguars at Bears- Jaguars coming off the bye against a Bears team of dubious talent. The Jaguars have been terrible on the road the last few years but I'll show a little faith I guess.

Browns at Titans- Hard to pick the Browns and their carousel of QBs right now.

Eagles at Redskins- Picking the road team in every NFC East division game has worked for me so far.

Ravens at Giants- Both these teams are on a losing streak with questionable offenses. I think the Giants have more tools to get it together here.

Panthers at Saints- Panthers on road after short week at a team coming off a bye. Brees should be able to smoke this secondary.

Steelers at Dolphins- Definitely looks like a game the Steelers should roll through. Expect a big game for Bell with the Dolphins bad run D.

Bengals at Patriots- Brady isn't looking rusty at all- and he's at home and the Bengals look depleted.

Chiefs at Raiders- Raiders have been covering up some defensive issues with close wins. Andy Reid is 15-2 coming off of bye weeks.

Falcons at Seahawks- Should be a good match up. I keep picking against the Falcons and they keep proving me wrong, but Seahawks at home after a bye is tough to pick against.

Cowboys at Packers- Number one rushing offense against number one rushing defense- though some think the Packers numbers might be inflated due to playing against weak rushing offenses so far. Aaron Rodgers doesn't look right.

Colts at Texans- This is the chance for the Texans to get going on offense at home against a bad Colts defense. If they struggle here, the AFC South is in total chaos.

Jets at Cardinals- Jets offense isn't looking good at all(no Decker probably hurts) and their secondary is looking weak.

Y'know dropped passes aren't a force of nature or something, great receivers find a way to haul those balls in. Just saying that since you seem to act like it's a luck factor.

Well, Breshad is known for bad hands, but some of these dropped passes were just really inexcusable. They were well placed and the receivers aren't making the plays. I thought Trestman was calling games fine but we had drives stall due to that. He just made some stupid shit decisions these last two games and our offense couldn't really get going against the Bills.

I think Trestman was canned thanks to his lack of commitment to the run and passing game inefficiencies. Moar deep balls to Mike Wallace plz

Also I think I like the Chargers tonight. Bosa is gonna go off on whatever jamoke the Broncos line up at RT

I think Trestman was canned thanks to his lack of commitment to the run and passing game inefficiencies. Moar deep balls to Mike Wallace plz

Also I think I like the Chargers tonight. Bosa is gonna go off on whatever jamoke the Broncos line up at RT

How this game is going to go. We're gonna dominate the Broncos for the first 2 quarters. Bosa absolutely killing Siemian.

We don't capitalize in closing the game out in the 3rd quarter.

Then we're going to find a creative way to lose. We score a touchdown and are up by 1 point. With 30 seconds remaining. Kaser takes the snap, Lambo boots it. BLOCKED

The blocked PAT is ran for a touchdown and we lose by 1 point.

Edited by Jiegg

Time for my game picks!

Broncos vs Chargers: Yeah, like Cynthia said, the Broncos get Siemian back, so I think they can bounce back after last week.

49ers vs Bills: I think the Bills are the better team, whether Kap plays or not. He's not very good.

Jaguars vs Bears: The Jags are definitely better here. lol

Rams vs Lions: I think I like the Rams and their D to take this.

Steelers vs Dolphins: Once again, like Cynthia said, this is a game the Steelers should steamroll in. THERE IS ZERO EXCUSE TO LOSE THIS, STEELERS. That dumb habit of dropping games to bad teams better be behind these guys.

Bengals vs Patriots: I think I like Brady and his squad here. The Bengals don't have the same offensive fire power at all.

Panthers vs Saints: I've lost faith in these Panthers right now. But if they get it together and win, I might pick them to win again.

Ravens vs Giants: The Ravens just have more issues right now than the Giants.

Browns vs Titans: It's kind of hard to pick the Browns right now...

Eagles vs Redskins: Eagles are definitely the better team.

Chiefs vs Raiders: Yeah, I like the Raiders more right now.

Cowboys vs Packers: I think the Packers are starting to get things back together. They don't lose at home very often either.

Falcons vs Seahawks: Seahawks D should shred these guys, and Russell Wilson was able to play well while hurt.

Colts vs Texans: The Colts are just not great right now. But the Texans seem worse.

Jets vs Cardinals: The Jets are lolbad right now.

Edited by Anacybele

Just think, you could be 6-0

EDIT: Now that I have a little bit more disposable income, I've decided I'm going to burn money bet the spread on 3-4 NFL games per week for funsies and keep track of my progress. Let's see how terribly this goes.

chococoke's week 6 picks:

Bengals @ Patriots (-9): Bengals inspire no confidence honestly. Their offense looks pedestrian at best without Eifert (the fact that he's injured from last year's Pro Bowl is just so Bengals.) Patriots offense is good for 30ish per week provided the offensive line maintains some semblance of competency.

y do i feel like i'll regret that pick

Ravens (+3) @ Giants: Honestly, I don't like the Giants right now. Eli looks out of sorts and the whole offense has been dysfunctional at times. Ravens will finally mix up their play callings and my boy Mike Wallace will catch at least one bomb.

Eagles (-2.5) @ R-words: I saw today that Jordan Reed hasn't passed concussion protocol yet. I'm a little iffy on this pick but it looks like Philly's defense is legit. Without Jordan Reed working the seams I think Cousins is in for a long afternoon.

Edited by chococoke

HEY-BEY DODGES FOR A 60YD TD!

Plus two points by Bell. :D

Idiot refs though, they redid that one kickoff because they weren't READY?! Wtf. Hochuli's been around forever, he should know how to be ready!

Fucking hell...

This game was going good until Ben got hurt. He came back, but was hindered. And as if the defense wasn't already beat up enough, two more of them got hurt too. And of course, idiot fans blame the game on Tomlin and playing down to the opponent. That was NOT really the case this time. The Steelers were actually up 8-6 when Ben was injured. Not a big point differential, but I blame that on the defense. Wheaton was out again today too (don't know why though, never looked it up), and Coates still has a problematic left hand.

And even so, nine different guys on this Steelers team have caught a TD pass this season (AB, Wheaton, Rogers, Coates, James, Grimble, Hey-Bey, De-Lo, and this guy I just heard of today named Cobi Hamilton). If Ben's okay enough and some of those injured guys come back, they can still be strong.

I just wish everyone would stop getting fucking hurt all the time. This team is made of glass, I swear.

At least the Bengals lost and the Ravens might lose (pls, Giants, halp).

EDIT: YES THANK YOU GIANTS. We're safe...for now. I just hope something can be figured out next week. Please be full power, Ben. It's the fucking Patriots. ._.

Edited by Anacybele

Mike Mularkey said the Browns would give 60 minutes of play, and he wasn't kidding. Were it not for the fact Cleveland fucked up a conversion, they might have won. Still, the Titans are at least trying. Now for my predictions.

Chicago vs. Green Bay- Green Bay has an easy win this week (hopefully). Dallas is a strong opponent, so they need a team like Chicago to get back into it, if they even lose the game.

New York Giants vs. Los Angeles- This is a close game, but Fisher has choked before.

Minnesota vs. Philadelphia- Minnesota is in prime form to go to the Super Bowl, and Philadelphia seems like yet another stepping stone.

Buffalo vs. Miami- All Buffalo needs to do is show up and they win.

Cleveland vs. Cincinnati- This choice was even more obvious, although it really depends on if Cincinnati ends up giving a damn like Tennessee did.

Baltimore vs. New York Jets- Baltimore could easily end up on top here.

Tampa Bay vs. San Francisco- Both are terrible, but Tampa is marginally less terrible.

Seattle vs. Arizona- Seattle seems to be rather competitive at this current phase, but not to the extent Minnesota is.

New Orleans vs. Kansas City- I don't really know much about either team, but Kansas City is a decent enough team.

Indianapolis vs. Tennessee- This matchup, regardless of how good either team is, always ends up screwing the Titans, almost every single time.

Washington vs. Detroit- The Lions are at least better than they have been, but Washington could easily edge out a win.

Oakland vs. Jacksonville- I doubt Oakland's luck is about to run out any time soon.

San Diego vs. Atlanta- Not sure, but Atlanta has the better record thus far.

New England vs. Pittsburgh- Really depends on how bad Big Ben got his bell rung, but if the injury is really bad, it could cripple the Steelers.

Houston vs. Denver- A tossup, especially if Houston wins tonight.

I'm probably wrong about a lot of these, but I hope I'm at least right about Minnesota.

Baltimore vs. New York Jets- Baltimore could easily end up on top here.

have you seen a ravens game this season, cause that's what five of our games were supposed to be ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

have you seen a ravens game this season, cause that's what five of our games were supposed to be ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

This was my first predictions. I even put a disclaimer at the bottom saying I probably will be, for the most part, wrong. If Baltimore loses, it means I paid barely any attention.

Ugh, FUCK. I mean, it's not an ACL tear, but a meniscus tear still means Ben won't play vs the Patriots. We don't stand a chance without him. Landry Jones must be the crappiest backup ever.

God damn it, I really wanted to see if this team could beat them with Ben and all his weapons (or rather, most of them in this case).

I can't wait to see how much of a Disaster the Jets & Cards game will be today.

The matchup has been kinda known for giving some of the worst games of Football.