No Lord class?

Kamui-of-Nohr

I wouldn't be surprised if Kamui's promotion and reclass options (if reclass still exists) are dependent on whether he joins Nohr or Hoshido. It wouldn't make sense for Kamui to reclass to a Hoshido-exclusive class if he chooses Nohr, especially since he was raised in Nohr. Likewise, a Kamui who sided with Hoshido probably won't reclass to Nohr-exclusive classes as it may make his Hoshido allies nervous/edgy, or he wants to forget he was ever raised by Nohr to begin with?

Edited by Sunwoo

I wouldn't be surprised if Kamui's promotion and reclass options (if reclass still exists) are dependent on whether he joins Nohr or Hoshido. It wouldn't make sense for Kamui to reclass to a Hoshido-exclusive class if he chooses Nohr, especially since he was raised in Nohr. Likewise, a Kamui who sided with Hoshido probably won't reclass to Nohr-exclusive classes as it may make his Hoshido allies nervous/edgy, or he wants to forget he was ever raised by Nohr to begin with?

But if that is the case, I hope he gets access to both in the 3rd path for ultimate access to every job class!

Edited by Severlan

Maybe they'll just change it to commander? A catch all name for your unit that gives it some semblance of authority without revealing too much in the plot.

From royalty to just a member of the military (not that you can't be both)? That's sort of like a demotion...

"Revealing plot" in classnames has never really been an issue in FE, though - and even if it were, you don't need to go that generic.

Woah, dude, what happened to your quote?

it's your own fault for using spaces for alignment

p0daKSj.png

'¬' characters are linebreaks

e: what the hell

• are non-breaking spaces (U+00A0), and · are normal spaces (U+0020)

what was ip.boards doing?

e2: like

sEARW9F.png

is what it looks like if you just copy/paste straight from your post; ip.boards alternates with no-break space when you quote

like wtf

Edited by Euklyd

From royalty to just a member of the military (not that you can't be both)? That's sort of like a demotion...

Maybe, but I'm just taking a guess at what the localization team might do if they don't keep Dark Prince. I personally don't see anything wrong with Dark Prince.

Maybe, but I'm just taking a guess at what the localization team might do if they don't keep Dark Prince. I personally don't see anything wrong with Dark Prince.

fsr I thought Severian was talking about promoting from Dark Prince -> Commander

idk I feel like they were to localize "dark prince" they'd just go to "prince"

as far as to what the dark prince class name means for Kamui, I believe that he will be a dark prince regardless of his choice. his class name is probably more due to the circumstances regarding his birth, which I believe are a bit more complicated than "Kamui was born of Hoshido royalty."

i mean, there has to be a reason why he was so readily adopted by the Nohrian royal family despite being alleged enemies of the Hoshido royal family. there has to be something that makes Kamui appealing enough to have two nations fight over him. after all, Kamui's ability to transform into that dragon thing has to mean something.

yes, expect another "Robin is Grima" type of twist for this new game.

It doesn't seem like anyone has pointed out that Dark Prince is also the (translated) name for Julius's class in FE4. So...there, I've pointed it out. Menacing.

I was mostly joking about commander being a demotion for a prince. But honestly, I think commander is an unlikely name for Kamui's class. Prove me wrong, Treehouse!

Maybe Kamuis promotion changes depending on the version you play?

Like one path turns you into a lord as a promotion,while the other path(or paths,the 3rd one could have its own promotion) turns you into something else,like a commander or whatever

Black Lord, White Lord... it sounds racist. :p How predictable from me to do that joke

I'm fine with Dark Prince, I wonder if I could be a dark messiah like Julius though, I always wanted to burn children !

Edited by B.Leu

Ike doesn't start out as a lord if memory serves, but becomes one later on. The same thing might happen to Kamui or someone close to him, like Dancina.

Maybe he can promote into the Tragic Prince class instead.

Hamlet!?

EDIT-I need to say something so this isn't a one word post. So, I'm gonna be picky because it's the only thing I can think of to say.

Maybe Kamuis promotion changes depending on the version you play?

Like one path turns you into a lord as a promotion,while the other path(or paths,the 3rd one could have its own promotion) turns you into something else,like a commander or whatever

Sunwoo actually suggested this possibility about 10 posts up from yours. Still, it's a cool idea, so good job coming up with it as well.

Edited by Severlan

So many Castlevania joke possible here. :p

But Kamui fit the bil. Maybe he is somekind of demon king or something.