Most difficult part in any video game ever?

Zerosabers

Step 1: Race starts.

Step 2: Kill Black Shadow within 4 seconds.

Step 3: ???

Step 4: Profit!

It's not as simple as that though. I've eliminated the Black Shadow many a time only for someone else to win the race.

It took me 12 hours. And 8 of them was me sleeping before beating it in the morning. But it was hard.

Are you trying to tell me I suck or something? If so, that's rather rude. If not, then my apologies, but your post came off that way to me.

I've never played Mario Pinball, so I can't comment on that. It does look hard though.

I found Aztec Falcon (Megaman Zero) to be a hard boss. And before I had learned how to block properly, Monsoon (MGR).

Also, the Nightmare Mother (Megaman X6). Nevermind that to get there you'll either need a very specific chip, or you'll need to use a very crappy kind of armor. And the life bar is huge. And it moves quicker than you dash.

It's not as simple as that though. I've eliminated the Black Shadow many a time only for someone else to win the race.

What do you think the question marks were for?

Are you trying to tell me I suck or something? If so, that's rather rude. If not, then my apologies, but your post came off that way to me.

I've never played Mario Pinball, so I can't comment on that. It does look hard though.

I was saying that playing video games early in the morning is the key to victory. Use your peak cortisol levels after a good night's sleep to trounce the sturdiest of brick walls. But yes, I probably am a bit better than you :^_^:. Once I repair my 3DS's R button, we can trade FC's and settle it in Smash.

The funny thing about Bowser in Mario Pinball Land is that he does almost nothing, yet it is probably the hardest Bowser fight ever. I almost beat him, but I accidentally erased my file somehow. MPL is a frustrating game though, so I won't return to it unless they do a remake with better physics.

Even if you don't make any mistakes, Blood Falcon and Black Shadow still make your life an absolute nightmare. Funnily enough though, on the harder difficulties, since they're more aggressive, they also become more likely to end up being killed by other racers.

I was really lucky enough to beat very hard mode on ch 7 story mode without actually killing Black Shadow or Blood Falcon. But dang did it take me months to complete it, only to unlock a single character.

Edited by kingddd

I was really lucky enough to beat very hard mode on ch 7 story mode without actually killing Black Shadow or Blood Falcon. But dang did it take me months to complete it, only to unlock a single character.

Off topic but I like your Akagi and Kaga sprites.

I was saying that playing video games early in the morning is the key to victory. Use your peak cortisol levels after a good night's sleep to trounce the sturdiest of brick walls. But yes, I probably am a bit better than you :^_^:. Once I repair my 3DS's R button, we can trade FC's and settle it in Smash.

The funny thing about Bowser in Mario Pinball Land is that he does almost nothing, yet it is probably the hardest Bowser fight ever. I almost beat him, but I accidentally erased my file somehow. MPL is a frustrating game though, so I won't return to it unless they do a remake with better physics.

Oh. Well, that's interesting advice there.

You mean NNIDs, btw, as I don't play Smash 3DS anymore. So Wii U or nada. I wouldn't be nearly as skilled on the 3DS anyway.

MGS2 European Extreme fucked me over royally. I would get stuck on each boss for days at a time. Fuck Olga. Fuck Fortune. Fuck Fatman. Fuck the Harrier. Fuck Vamp. Fuck the sniping portion to let Emma cross the bridge. Fuck the naked sneaking bit. Fuck Fission Mailed. Fuck all the Metal Gear Rays. Fuck the fucking Solidus choke scenes. Fuck everything about it.

[spoiler=I'll just leave this over here]

artworks-000039701198-vookbb-original.pn

I don't really play hard games, I guess, unless you count Fire Emblem, but even that's more strategic than anything else. Some parts of Lunatic FE13 were on the hard side, and there was this one level in DKC Returns that gave me lip but it was mostly because I was playing with an off-brand Wiimote, I think. I'm a wimp. :<

Dark Fact on Nightmare in Ys I.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRqTUMtK3Tc

Mercifully, despite being really hard it's also really short. I think the most annoying thing for me is that if you hit him he destroys the floor, and you can actually die if you're on the tile whilst it's destroyed as well. Additionally, if you destroy too much of the floor in the middle you get trapped and can't damage him anymore. It's brute forcable if you know how and get a bit lucky but still ridiculous.

Edited by Irysa

MGS2 European Extreme fucked me over royally. I would get stuck on each boss for days at a time. Fuck Olga. Fuck Fortune. Fuck Fatman. Fuck the Harrier. Fuck Vamp. Fuck the sniping portion to let Emma cross the bridge. Fuck the naked sneaking bit. Fuck Fission Mailed. Fuck all the Metal Gear Rays. Fuck the fucking Solidus choke scenes. Fuck everything about it.

Man, I played MGS2 on PC and the Solidus Snake fight is actually pretty tough IMO...because the control scheme for the sword on the PC pretty much asks you to have 3 hands. It's been a really long time, so my memory is foggy, but I think I ended up using the stab attack during most of the fight because you can actually use that without spreading your hands out too much. Though I'm sure that extreme is tougher.

NES Batman final stage. You have to go through the stage itself, which is hard as is, afterwards you have to fight an admittedly easy boss, then the Joker himself, who can take 1/3 of your health with most of his hard to dodge attacks and can take hits like a champ. Oh yeah, dying at any time puts you back at the very beginning of the level.

-I forgot NES Batman's Joker, that is a good one. I never did beat him, though I probably only fought him like ~8 times. (The main reason I didn't fight him more is I wasn't even getting close to winning.) I'm not actually sure how hard he truly is because of the how long it takes to get back to the fight.

-Like many others, Chapter 7, Very Hard, F-Zero GX. Both F-Zero X and GX had loads of difficulty all-around, but no one challenge quite sums up how brutal the game gets compared to that one.

-The hardest thing in a video game that I've actually beaten is probably Mundus on Dante Must Die Mode of DMC1. It took me dozens of attempts but it was extremely, extremely satisfying to get good enough to finally win.

Most of my other most challenging experiences are from self-imposed challenges and those probably don't count for a thread like this.

Battletoads and I have a rich history. Especially this level.

0BNiYla.png

Edit: Huh 42'd post. I guess Battletoads is the answer to life, the universe and everything.

Edited by Jedi

Forced. Tutorial.

[spoiler=I'll just leave this over here]

artworks-000039701198-vookbb-original.pn

... This too, holy crap, I totally forgot about that.
Thanks, always wanted to remember one of my worst nightmare. :p

But seriously, go play Dark Souls. The first one. So much bastard moment, so much game-design trap, so much epicness on my part. :p

Or Atlus' game, oh boy, Atlus...

Forced. Tutorial.

... This too, holy crap, I totally forgot about that.

Thanks, always wanted to remember one of my worst nightmare. :p

But seriously, go play Dark Souls. The first one. So much bastard moment, so much game-design trap, so much epicness on my part. :p

Or Atlus' game, oh boy, Atlus...

Demon Souls was harder then Dark Souls IMO (insintendtly Demon Souls is from Atlus)

I hated the last fight of Soul Calibur 5's story mode because the boss kept comboing me to death. But the hardest thing I think is Baal from Disgea D2 if you don't prepare right.

Battletoads and I have a rich history. Especially this level.

0BNiYla.png

Edit: Huh 42'd post. I guess Battletoads is the answer to life, the universe and everything.

Or perhaps Battletoads is the question and 42 is the answer!!!

Definitely the boss fights in Deus Ex: Human Revolution. The fight against Lawrence wasn't that bad, but the fights against Yelena and Jaron were very difficult. I had to somehow glitch out the game to beat Yelena, where after 20 tries, the game bugged and she would only run in place, even when she turned invisible. And I never did beat Jaron...that's how done with this game I was during that fight. >_>

I found Aztec Falcon (Megaman Zero) to be a hard boss. And before I had learned how to block properly, Monsoon (MGR).

Also, the Nightmare Mother (Megaman X6). Nevermind that to get there you'll either need a very specific chip, or you'll need to use a very crappy kind of armor. And the life bar is huge. And it moves quicker than you dash.

I will agree with all of these except Monsoon. Because damn. >_<

The hilarious thing about Aztek Falcon is that he would probably still be one the harder bosses in the game even if he wasn't fought at the very beginning without any moves and equipment. He's got a disjointed hitbox, is fought in a small room and has a massive body that he likes to ram right into Zero. He also fires lengthy projectiles that stick to the walls, limiting your movement even further. His fight even has a time limit. The only thing that makes him easier then the other bosses is the fact that he has only one lifebar.

Edited by BrightBow

• 2 weeks later...

The torture sequence from Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker. Any part of a game that requires you to skin your thumb to progress transcends challenging and becomes masochistic.