Do you want auto promoting to return?

Dragoncat

In the Japanese version there was no Level 21 promotion (2 -> 3), you had to use a Master Crown. In the English version, you could Level 21 promote from Tier 2 -> 3.

I've played PoR (mostly) through on normal mode as well. Still didn't find a Master Seal there. But I dunno how I never did then...

http://serenesforest.net/path-of-radiance/miscellaneous/item-locations/

CTRL+F Master Seal

Edited by Lord Raven

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pretty sure they don't. I've played PoR many times over, never have I found a Master Seal in it. Not in chests or Aimee's shop. If they're there, they're VERY well hidden.

you are a member of a forum that belongs to a website that is one of the most comprehensive repositories of fire emblem data on the internet. when you make factually wrong claims like this, you have absolutely no excuse.

you are a member of a forum that belongs to a website that is one of the most comprehensive repositories of fire emblem data on the internet. when you make factually wrong claims like this, you have absolutely no excuse.

I do if I almost never use the main site due to preferring other sources instead and if I honestly thought I was right and didn't need to look anything up. So it'd be nice if you'd stop being rude.

Edited by Anacybele

Huge mistake? What's so huge about it?

Hell, why is anyone even making a big deal out of this? I admitted to being wrong and honestly thinking I was right. There is nothing more to it.

I don't mind auto-promotions, but I think I do ultimately prefer promotion items. They provide that extra level of balance deciding who to use them on and when.

Pretty much this. I agree with Red Fox.

I'm not against auto-promotions, but I would rather have promotion items, for reasons stated already.

I don't mind auto-promotions, but I think I do ultimately prefer promotion items. They provide that extra level of balance deciding who to use them on and when.

This. I never minded auto-promotion. But like others have said, it encourages Lvl 20 promotions, and doesn't give the player enough incentive to try to see if he or she can get away with an early promotion. Not to mention, the lack of an auto-promotion does kinda force you to think carefully about which units to promote.

This. I never minded auto-promotion. But like others have said, it encourages Lvl 20 promotions, and doesn't give the player enough incentive to try to see if he or she can get away with an early promotion. Not to mention, the lack of an auto-promotion does kinda force you to think carefully about which units to promote.

To be fair, I feel like a game like RD starves you of exp to where you actually do want to strategically crown your characters. And then on the flip side, Awakening doesn't have auto-promotions, but allows you to get so many seals.

I like it? But I'd rather it didn't come back tbh. I like hunting down master seals to promote who I want. EDIT: basically what red fox said.

I really, really hope Second Seals do not come back though.

Edited by Dracocoa

To be fair, I feel like a game like RD starves you of exp to where you actually do want to strategically crown your characters.

That's true.

And then on the flip side, Awakening doesn't have auto-promotions, but allows you to get so many seals.

I feel like that's one of the things that make overworld maps a double-edged sword in this series, though.

Posted (edited) · Hidden by Florete, April 29, 2015 - No reason given
Hidden by Florete, April 29, 2015 - No reason given

EDIT: Holy ninja assassin trickster lag, Bat-Gerome!

Edited by ScarletFlame

Pretty much. Im cool with either way, but i see having items for it as a way to pick and choose who and what to use. More strategy to it.

I've never really had units get stuck at level 20 waiting for promotion when I play normally, but I suppose as long as both existed it'd be fine. You could promote earlier to get an advantage on or wait until 20 to theoretically maximise stats.

You still kind of get to choose which units to promote in PoR and RD. There's never enough experience in both to promote every single unit, even on easy mode. Believe me, I've tried it.

You still kind of get to choose which units to promote in PoR and RD. There's never enough experience in both to promote every single unit, even on easy mode. Believe me, I've tried it.

Yeah.

No.

"There's not enough experience to promote every single unit," lol, no shit. Way to completely miss the point.

I kinda like promotion items on the account that it helps alleviate the benefit of using a smaller team. If you cannot promote, then the EXP just goes into a void, and the enemies get stronger in relative power to you. So it helps to keep the enemies from being super weak in comparison.

It doesn't help enough, but it's a good idea though. If they fix the EXP curve, I don't want it, if they don't, I say keep promotion items.

Unless all of the promotion items are Master Seals, then it just encourages using a smaller team.

Looking at this very indecisive thread, I say both, that way everyone will get what they want

But I don't get my FE Gaiden 1-5 range bows:(

POR and RD tried both, and it made promo items completely pointless despite being there.

If they keep BEXP out of the picture it could work, but other than that, auto promoteing ruins promo items.

POR and RD tried both, and it made promo items completely pointless despite being there.

I always end up using all of my promo items in PoR and RD (with the exception of the Holy Crown), so I don't see how they are "completely pointless".

I prefer auto promotion. I don't see why units should stagnate at level 20 just because there are not enough promotion itens available, or because these only come later.

If they keep BEXP out of the picture it could work, but other than that, auto promoteing ruins promo items

It doesn't. Sometimes it is more efficient to promote an unit before it reaches level 21 (healers, mostly capped units and units which need the boost asap, as when playing RD Hard Mode), these promotional itens fit perfectly in these situations.

Edited by Rapier