Regarding the Hoshido Path

What do you think IS' intentions with the path are? I've seen some complaints about how more modes, objectives, etc. have been confirmed for Nohr but not Hoshido. And the interview implied that Hoshido is supposed to be as close as possible to Awakening. Do you think Hoshido is designed to capture the lightening in a bottle that was Awakening? And do you think the potential holding of modes because they weren't in Awakening is struggling to grasp the concept of natural progression as a series? Just Curious. And if you are #TeamHoshido what are your thoughts on the path and what would you like to see?

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hoshido most likely is awakening 2.0 they had no choice after Awakening Awakening if they made a standard FE game Awakening fans would riot and if they made Awakening 2.0 veterans would die out.

Maybe the objectives could change depending on difficulty or classic/casual. Like in the easiest mode its all Rout and world map grinding while in hard its different and world grinding doesn't occur. Radiant dawn did this a couple times like part 1 chapter 5 or something where you routed in easy and defended in normal and hard.

I don't even understand why they're doing this path, to be honest.

Because I know certain people will interpret to much into it in case I elaborate on it, I'm just gonna leave it with that.

Hoshido most likely is awakening 2.0 they had no choice after Awakening Awakening if they made a standard FE game Awakening fans would riot and if they made Awakening 2.0 veterans would die out.

Maybe the objectives could change depending on difficulty or classic/casual. Like in the easiest mode its all Rout and world map grinding while in hard its different and world grinding doesn't occur. Radiant dawn did this a couple times like part 1 chapter 5 or something where you routed in easy and defended in normal and hard.

Difficulty objectives aren't bad. Honestly, I'm still looking forward to Hoshido, but I don't want Awakening 2.0. I'd just like to see Awakening 1.5 where some things are still added. Either way, as a vet with certain... hardcore tastes, I'm #TeamNohr.

though i don't mind the objective difficulty change thing, i don't thing they will or should take the world map off on hard or lunatic id you meant to say hardest-mode? Also if the world map has the shops and Nohr has them in map, do you really think they will add shops to the Hoshido map just for hard mode. (though they could do a sacred stones i guess) though if you mean world map grinding only, wasn't it pretty much unfeasible to grind on lunatic in awakening anyway? Edited by goodperson707

I think it should be pretty obvious that, for all intents and purposes, Hoshido is Awakening 2.0. Intelligent Systems is not even trying to hide it, on the contrary, they have been pretty open about it.

As for it being a much simpler game (apparently?), that's also completely intentional. And no, I have zero intention on buying it. As for the Nohr version, it shows promise, but let's wait for the Japanese release. Hard to believe IS marketing department nowadays.

^ though i don't mind the objective difficulty change thing, i don't thing they will or should take the world map off on hard or lunatic is you meant to say hardest-mode? Also if the world map has the shops and Nohr has them in map, do you really think they will add shops to the Hoshido map just for hard mode. (though they could do a sacred stones i guess) though if you mean grinding only, wasn't it pretty much unfeasible to grind on lunatic in awakening anyway?

I'm actually reffering to more than just Route and Kill Commander being the 2 confirmed objectives, and whether they should add more. Because they seem to be under the mentality with Hoshido that Awakening 2.0 is best, not a successor to Awakening that adds without subtracting. However, they may just be tight lipped.

Is this really how the veteran Fire Emblem community thinks? I knew you were a cynical bunch but man, this is some deep pessimism and over simplification right here.

They should definitely add and build upon what was done in Awakening. However, there isn't really enough info out now to know if they did. Maybe they did and maybe they didn't. There are definitely things I like about Awakening better than some of the more "standard" games and vice-versa.

I'm actually reffering to more than just Route and Kill Commander being the 2 confirmed objectives, and whether they should add more. Because they seem to be under the mentality with Hoshido that Awakening 2.0 is best, not a successor to Awakening that adds without subtracting. However, they may just be tight lipped.

I don't think they said Hoshido wouldn't have more objectives just that Nohr had them.

And Though i personally like them, the defend and turn limits objectives are in essence just extra lose conditions, and seize is normally utilized as defeat the boss, but your lord has to be near to take it. (And with pair up and the fact that our lord is most likely going to be one of the best units i don't see much difference between defeat boss)

Edited by goodperson707

I think its a bit too harsh to call Hoshido

Awakening 2.0 considering out of the issues with Awakening gameplay wasn't one of them. The issues were more story and world based and from our new writer I see a lot of potential. Plus the objectives thing wasn't deconfirmed 100% for Hoshido.

Why not just have fun with both Hoshido and Nohr guys? They both have stuff for everyone, we are basically getting 3 new fe games. Can't we celebrate they won't be carbon copies of one another and just have fun?

Instead of being anal veterans/awakening newcomers?

I'm team Hoshido here, and I don't want to see Awakening 2.0 with Hoshido either. I honestly don't see why Hoshido can't have varied chapter objectives and a couple different features while still staying true to its easier difficulty than Nohr and all. Besides, people that have only played Awakening would be stupid to say that different chapter objectives and stuff would be dumb, because they've yet to experience any of this. I also don't think casual mode is going anywhere and this was the main thing that drew in new fans.

Edited by Anacybele

I'm team Hoshido here, and I don't want to see Awakening 2.0 with Hoshido either. I honestly don't see why Hoshido can't have varied chapter objectives and a couple different features while still staying true to its easier difficulty than Nohr and all. Besides, people that have only played Awakening would be stupid to say that different chapter objectives and stuff would be dumb, because they've yet to experience any of this. I also don't think casual mode is going anywhere and this was the main thing that drew in new fans.

Agreed. As someone who started with Awakening, I would love to see more varied objectives, and I'll most likely start with Hoshido. And make no mistake, even if Nohr was the only game in the making, I would still buy it day one. I may have started with Awakening, but before that I had played plenty of games, many of them with a heavy focus on strategy, and I, like many others, would definitely not be too afraid to play something marketed as harder.

The idea that the Hoshido path is only there to please Awakening fans is ludicrous, and frankly quite insulting.

Why not just have fun with both Hoshido and Nohr guys? They both have stuff for everyone, we are basically getting 3 new fe games. Can't we celebrate they won't be carbon copies of one another and just have fun?

I certainly will be. Day one. Both sides. Nohr first, though.

I think its a bit too harsh to call Hoshido

Awakening 2.0 considering out of the issues with Awakening gameplay wasn't one of them. The issues were more story and world based and from our new writer I see a lot of potential. Plus the objectives thing wasn't deconfirmed 100% for Hoshido.

Instead of being anal veterans/awakening newcomers?

I'm based more on the info we've been given. I WANT more variety with Hoshido and want more info. I'm looking forward to all, but feel we need more on Hoshido. A carbon copy sequel is never a good thing in my opinion, and I'd like to see what they've added.

P.S. Awakening, like all games, is subjective. You my hate the story and love the gameplay. I, meanwhile, love the story and cast and music, but hate the balance issues and grinding and lack of incentive for Classic mode.

The idea that the Hoshido path is only there to please Awakening fans is ludicrous, and frankly quite insulting.

I know, seriously. I mean, yeah, Awakening sold the best and all, but IS shouldn't just ignore what the veteran fans like and only listen to the Awakening fans. The veteran fans liked varied objectives, higher difficulty, magic triangle, etc, and you can add all of these things without shitting on what Awakening fans like (casual mode, Avatar, grinding maybe, pairup, etc.).

Edited by Anacybele

I'm based more on the info we've been given. I WANT more variety with Hoshido and want more info. I'm looking forward to all, but feel we need more on Hoshido. A carbon copy sequel is never a good thing in my opinion, and I'd like to see what they've added.

P.S. Awakening, like all games, is subjective. You my hate the story and love the gameplay. I, meanwhile, love the story and cast and music, but hate the balance issues and grinding and lack of incentive for Classic mode.

I'm betting that the target audience for Hoshido does not include the majority of "veteran" players and ergo most of this board. Hence why Nohr exists.

In essence though people are gonna bitch especially here regardless of what IS does.

Edited by Philranger

I know, seriously. I mean, yeah, Awakening sold the best and all, but IS shouldn't just ignore what the veteran fans like and only listen to the Awakening fans. The veteran fans liked varied objectives, higher difficulty, magic triangle, etc, and you can add all of these things without shitting on what Awakening fans like (casual mode, Avatar, grinding maybe, pairup, etc.).

Not only from a vets standpoint, but they shouldn't make something too similar.

I'm betting that the target audience for Hoshido does not include the majority of "veteran" players and ergo most of this board. Hence why Nohr exists.

Fair enough. I don't think vet elements need to be added to Hoshido. All I'm implying is not adding to a game isn't really in everyone's best interests. Sure, I think Hoshido should be, 75-80% Awakening, 25-20% new content. Whatever that is and whether we like it is another matter, but they shouldn't just make the same game across all versions.

Yes we need more info on Hoshido. That I can agree with, these preexisting judgements are the annoyance right now.

The characters and music are good yes, the story just has waaaaaay too many holes past the first arc. But to each his own. Is grinding your issue with Sacred Stones and Gaiden as well? Need I remind you in games without the world map before had arenas you could grind in if you so wished?

There is plenty incentive for classic mode. Just as much as there is for casual. And lol balance, if you think any FE is going to be properly balanced you are deluding yourself. There has never been a truly balanced FE in terms of what works the best. But we have tons of characters everyone can use in every game regardless.

Like I highly doubt the general class will be any better then its ever been but people will use it anyways depending on characters and if people like the class.

In essence though people are gonna bitch especially here regardless of what IS does.

That would be silly in itself, the best possible thing IS could do is make it so that players who choose either Hoshido and Nohr campaign first will want to play the other campaign and the DLC afterwards.

Either version should lean towards that type of Fire Emblem game but both of them should be unique experiences in terms of the series, Hoshido shouldn't(and probably won't be due to IS) be Awakening 2.0 the same way Nohr shouldn't be highly similar to any other specific Fire Emblem game.

I think that they're trying to simplify the Hoshido route a little TOO much compared to the Nohr route. It's pretty obvious now that Hoshido is supposed to be like
Awakening at this point which is fine, but what I don't like is how it seems that Nohr is the more complex deep challenging version.

For example,​ Hoshido, as of now, has a more simple story and more free roam gameplay Whereas Nohr has promised more complex plot and characters, limited resources, harder difficulty, and varied level objectives. Comparing the two so far, it would seem that what they are doing is trying to appease both new and old players. But I don't think that having a more simple game is the way to go for new fans. It's fine to keep things from Awakening, but don't just make it easy and more tame than what Nohr has.

My biggest problem however, is the separation between the moral and gameplay choice. There are already some people that think that a moral choice shouldn't be which version you buy, but my personal decision is cut between the gameplay and choice. The game from what we know is about the Choices you make (I mean the title of the game is a rhetorical question) and I'm fine with that. I am on team Hoshido because I like the designs better and the thought of helping your birthland. But I prefer the gameplay route of Nohr and the promise of a challenge and more variety with the level design. I' ll probably end up getting both to experience both games. But my main point is that if IS wants to make a game with more drastic choices, that's fine. But they should at least both have equally complex stories and similar difficulty choices.

I'm going Hoshido on my first run of the game (although I'm definitely getting Nohr and the third path as well), but I'm a bit annoyed that Hoshido is being portrayed as the "simple, less deep" path. Yeah, we definitely need more information on Hoshido as well, but I hope we get SOME varied map objectives and stuff on there.

Although, as long as Hoshido's STORY isn't as terrible as Awakening's I think I'll be content.

Yeah we definitely need more information and a better main story. But I'm still looking forward to all the options. I hope the third path is a nice blend of Hoshido/Nohr. The third path is the one I'm most interested to learn more about.

Actually, I'll rephrase my previous post on my stance regarding Hoshido path:

I wasn't bothered by Awakening's gameplay, grinding, or it being "too easy" at all; however, I was also really happy to play a GBA FE game and have more of a challenge as well. I think whatever the gameplay styles of Hoshido and Nohr are, I'll enjoy both of them.

As long as Hoshido (and Nohr) give me great characters and an amazing story I can overlook almost everything else.