Opinions on Takumi?

thanibomb

are you saying girls can't have wide body's?

becareful of what you say, you can trigger people with those kinds of comments around here

Cut it out.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Because Kozaki. :P:

Perhaps Leon is some sort of unique class that's mounted and uses dark magic, AND is unpromoted? Which means Takumi being a straight archer doesn't look so bad.

Maybe Takumi will be some magical archer that infuses his arrows with light magic or something to counter out Leon's dark magic. Unless they're really going to overplay the genius vs hardworker theme and make Takumi completely unimpressive.

I like Takumi and like the idea of him being a magical archer as well. It would explain why he'd have to work so hard. I also like him being suspicious. It seems both him and Leon add a curveball to their family dynamics which would be interesting.

As for the TCG art, it looks like Leon is actually using dark magic, so either shadowgift, DKs got buffed, or new class. The latter makes sense if Takumi really is a magical archer.

I like his design, and I like the fact he doesn't just trust you on the onset. Smart people are cautious.

Too bad I usually hate using archers, though. Hell the entire Hoshidan cast uses classes I tend to avoid lol.

Normally I dislike archers, but his personality seems really unexpected. I'm hoping they buff archers a LOT in this game, considering bows are even weak to swords now. The possibility of magic bows already has me interested.

I like Takumi and like the idea of him being a magical archer as well. It would explain why he'd have to work so hard. I also like him being suspicious. It seems both him and Leon add a curveball to their family dynamics which would be interesting.

As for the TCG art, it looks like Leon is actually using dark magic, so either shadowgift, DKs got buffed, or new class. The latter makes sense if Takumi really is a magical archer.

If Takumi is a magical archer, perhaps he'll have a skill like Ignis so he can utilize both his Magic and Strength stats. Sakura should get a similar skill if she does end up getting bows on promotion.

He reminds me of Innes for some reason.

He's a'ight, I guess.

Considering Innes was the last archer that had any plot significance in the series I'd say he's a good comparison to Takumi! Takumi is breaking new ground for FE archers since he'll most definitely be an important character. He may even be the first bow-locked unit to give Game Over if he dies!

I like his design, and I like the fact he doesn't just trust you on the onset. Smart people are cautious.

Too bad I usually hate using archers, though. Hell the entire Hoshidan cast uses classes I tend to avoid lol.

Complete opposite for me. I use at least one Archer, Peg. Knight, and Cleric in every single FE game I play. I do prefer Nohr more as a whole though.

Normally I dislike archers, but his personality seems really unexpected. I'm hoping they buff archers a LOT in this game, considering bows are even weak to swords now. The possibility of magic bows already has me interested.

If Takumi does end up having a magical, unique bow he'll officially be in my top 3 characters in If. I already like the design of his bow a lot as it is. His personality surprised me, too. Like I said earlier, I totally expected him to be Stahl-esque...

I hope he gets a horse on promotion. JoJo references for days.

What is JoJo? :X

I doubt he'll get a horse because it seems to be a Nohr thing (with the exception of Hinoka).

I really hope he is a magical archer - with enough of a magic stat to pack a punch. I mean, if he had Vaike-tier magic then being a magical archer won't help him. More importantly, if he does use magic it looks like it'll be light magic. Maybe a contrast to his Nohr counterpart who uses dark magic?

What is JoJo? :X

I doubt he'll get a horse because it seems to be a Nohr thing (with the exception of Hinoka).

.... Y'all mothertruckers need JoJo.

As in JoJo's Bizarre Adventure.

Takumi's VA plays the protagonist of the seventh "Part" named Johnny Joestar in the JoJo fighting game. Most characters from Part 7 ride horses, including Johnny.

I'm not gonna form a  100% proper opinion of him until the game's been released, but I will say that I like the idea of an archer with a magical bow.

Edited by Matt-hue

I like archers in general and the idea of a sibling from hoshido that doesn't trust us sounds great. A slightly jerkish little brother with a chip on their shoulder that I can win over eventually with supports and love sounds great.

If I'm to believe this

H2gnK4A.png

In the end he's just a nice, insecure guy. I tend to like these characters, as long as they don't complain all the time, which maybe won't be the case here?

As for being an archer... balancing seems to maybe have been an important part of the development process this time around, so... they'll be good this time around... maybe...?

Yeah, didn't the bio say something about him wanting to get out of Ryouma's shadow or something? And since he's younger than Kamui, I can definitely see him being a hot-headed young warrior type.

Yeah, didn't the bio say something about him wanting to get out of Ryouma's shadow or something? And since he's younger than Kamui, I can definitely see him being a hot-headed young warrior type.

Nope, that was just people's assumption. It just said that "In order to obtain other's recognition of his own strength, he has been perfecting his martial arts."

I really hope he is a magical archer - with enough of a magic stat to pack a punch. I mean, if he had Vaike-tier magic then being a magical archer won't help him. More importantly, if he does use magic it looks like it'll be light magic. Maybe a contrast to his Nohr counterpart who uses dark magic?

I definitely see this happening, especially considering his short clip in the trailer and his TCG artwork. If not Light, at least Anima so the two equal each other out. Sakura should definitely get Light magic based bows for being a Priestess though.

.... Y'all mothertruckers need JoJo.

As in JoJo's Bizarre Adventure.

Takumi's VA plays the protagonist of the seventh "Part" named Johnny Joestar in the JoJo fighting game. Most characters from Part 7 ride horses, including Johnny.

I see. I've heard of it but I can't say I watch very much anime. :[

If I'm to believe this

H2gnK4A.png

In the end he's just a nice, insecure guy. I tend to like these characters, as long as they don't complain all the time, which maybe won't be the case here?

As for being an archer... balancing seems to maybe have been an important part of the development process this time around, so... they'll be good this time around... maybe...?

Let's hope so...

It does feel nice that we'll have at least one character that doesn't seem to instantly fall in love with Kamui. However, that might actually turn out to be a bad thing, since it could easily lead to him having to apologize in the Hoshido route for not trusting someone who has grown up under the care of their enemies, and that would just be silly.

Edited by Thane

What do I think of him? His hair color is distracting for some reason. Design wise he is my least favorite Hoshido sibling.

My opinion is a total 180. I really like him, design wise. Easily my favorite Hoshido character.

And the magic bow idea seems likely. Look at him on the Hoshido cover; no bowstring. In the official artwork shown off in the Famitsu scans, there is one that's glowing an electric blue (and actually has an effect similiar to that, like Ryouma's sword), and it doesn't appear to be tied anywhere..

What do I think of him? His hair color is distracting for some reason. Design wise he is my least favorite Hoshido sibling.

He and Hinoka are literally the only two Hoshido designs we've seen so far that don't scream overcompensation/overdesign for me. And of those two, he's the only one with a normal pose in the recent Famitsu.

Edited by Thane

He and Hinoka are literally the only two Hoshido designs we've seen so far that don't scream overcompensation/overdesign for me. And of those two, he's the only one with a normal pose in the recent Famitsu.

I thought Ryouma's pose in that article looked normal, lol. Sakura's design looks fine to me, and Hinoka's is fine (although I wish she would lose the garters and pick up a pair of pants). Takumi's design actually looks the least silly of the Hoshido siblings, even if I don't think Hoshido looked that silly to begin with.

I thought Ryouma's pose in that article looked normal, lol. Sakura's design looks fine to me, and Hinoka's is fine (although I wish she would lose the garters and pick up a pair of pants). Takumi's design actually looks the least silly of the Hoshido siblings, even if I don't think Hoshido looked that silly to begin with.

Out of Takumi and Hinoka, that is. The men usually have normal poses, while the girls look...strange. Did they really have to emphazise Sakura's butt? Like, "here, your little sister has a big ass for being such a small girl. Do with that information what you will".

Out of Takumi and Hinoka, that is. The men usually have normal poses, while the girls look...strange. Did they really have to emphazise Sakura's butt? Like, "here, your little sister has a big ass for being such a small girl. Do with that information what you will".

Ah, that was not very clear to me. And yeah, Sakura (and Elise) both have rather awkward poses. Hinoka's is a bit better, but it still doesn't look as natural as her brothers.

Ah, that was not very clear to me. And yeah, Sakura (and Elise) both have rather awkward poses. Hinoka's is a bit better, but it still doesn't look as natural as her brothers.

The thing is, Elise looks like she's at least having fun or something, while Sakura looks like she's fighting by pointing out her apparently big butt and pointing her knees inwards, which make it look super awkward.

But yeah, nothing new really, I mean just look through the official artwork of Fire Emblem: Awakening's characters and it's pretty much the same thing.

Edited by Thane

Takumi has a pretty good design, but he stands out the least to me out of all of the royal siblings from both Nohr and Hoshido. I hope he's a good unit, and I hope that the boss fight he'll have on the Nohr route (The cutscene with him and his bowmen has him yelling at you for being a traitor) is a tough fight.