Likely to be less S supports for Hoshido?

Westermarck effect is a lovely thing, which is why I don't think Kamui should be able to S-support the Nohr royals even if they are not related to him.

I kind of agree. I'm not really game for s-ranking with people I've seen as my family for most of my life. If there were other characters who we're not related to, I'd totally be down for S-ranking them

Granted I'm biased towards Aqua but yeah.

S-supports aren't even confirmed yet. And if they are solely marriage supports I think it'd actually be weirder to marry the family you grew up with as you saw them as your family and not romantic interests for ~20 years. If they're gonna go with incest, Hoshido would actually be the better choice logically/emotionally. However, you can't really stop the shippers so I think IS is gonna end up making Kamui half-siblings to both sides so no S-supports for any family members. Or Aqua.

i don't think fire emblem's gonna have a problem with incest.

but if it does then thats another reason why Nohr a best

Approved. Especially for the last line. :p

I'm hoping with the whole family theme you can't S rank the nohr siblings either.

Unless S supports are just the new "changes your ending" rank, and don't necessarily mean marriage.

Edited by Eveangaline

the only royalty I can see kamooi marrying is aqua

and yeah, I've said it before, but I completely agree with Venterqua that marrying family members you were raised with is emotionally creepier than blood relatives

I suspect you can S-support the Nohr branch simply because Camilla is Miss Fanservice and you know people are gonna wanna.

I'm of the opinion that it isn't happening, and I'd add that this is quickly shaping up to be one of the biggest tragedies of this game for a lot of people.

Westermarck effect is a lovely thing, which is why I don't think Kamui should be able to S-support the Nohr royals even if they are not related to him.

Just to be accurate, Westermarck effect requires the people to meet while at least one of them is below the age of 6 I believe. Not so sure that applies to Nohr.

the only royalty I can see kamooi marrying is aqua

and yeah, I've said it before, but I completely agree with Venterqua that marrying family members you were raised with is emotionally creepier than blood relatives

Emotionally, yeah it's way creepier, but at least it's not inbreeding. Your kids won't have extra toes or something. (or be possessed by a dark dragon and form a cult to take over the world.)

It would be really crazy if incest did return to the series, especially now that it's a lot bigger. We've more or less avoided it for the past few entries.

Edit: actually, there was possible incest in awakening, I forgot about that.

Edited by dragonlordsd

If you can't S support people you're biologically related with, but can with people you've viewed as relatives for most of your life, then IS needs to get their shit together. I'd rather have sex with my biological brother (if he were attractive) after not being around him for two decades or so since we were of prepubescent ages than my adoptive brother who I've known for the majority of my life.

Just to be accurate, Westermarck effect requires the people to meet while at least one of them is below the age of 6 I believe. Not so sure that applies to Nohr.

I mean

as hypothesized? pretty sure it's even younger

last I checked tho the jury was still out on whether the westermarck effect, as a biological thing, exists

...kind of. it's "first few years," but it's not specified how long that is. i'm reckoning early childhood (so around 5), and i'd say that that would fit the bill as for when kamui would be taken, tbh- kamui doesn't seem to hold much in the way of hoshido, which, well, they definitely would if they were taken when memories become more concrete- which starts around 5, if i remember correctly. so probably, kamui was maximum 3? i dunno. around that age, though, is my hypothesis.

Edited by falcoknights

Now I'm interested in the ages of Aqua and Kamui and which one is older. It's possible that they knew each other from birth as well (whether they know each other now is unknown though) depending on when the kidnappings happened? It's all some form of incest at this point lol

Wait, is Aqua even royalty? I can't remember if she was just Nohrian born or if she was royalty as well...

Nvm, she has Dragon's Vein, of course she's royalty.

Edited by Venterqua

Now I'm interested in the ages of Aqua and Kamui and which one is older. It's possible that they knew each other from birth as well (whether they know each other now is unknown though) depending on when the kidnappings happened? It's all some form of incest at this point lol

Wait, is Aqua even royalty? I can't remember if she was just Nohrian born or if she was royalty as well...

Nvm, she has Dragon's Vein, of course she's royalty.

If they were kidnapped from different sides as infants, I don't think it's possible that they ever knew each other.

But that is a great question about who is older. Who would you want to be older? Kamui? Or Aqua? Opinions?

If they were kidnapped from different sides as infants, I don't think it's possible that they ever knew each other.

But that is a great question about who is older. Who would you want to be older? Kamui? Or Aqua? Opinions?

That's why I wanna know when the kidnappings happened. I want to know if there's a chance they ever inhabited the same kingdom.

As for whose older, I'm seeing Aqua right now though I also want to entertain the possibility of them being some weird destined twins-not twins thing.

The game has been so obsessed with symmetry so far that I expect them to be the same age, although FE often plays its ages close to the vest so it's entirely possible we'll never find out (though, given their pasts, it's more likely we learn their ages than most, I suppose).

Also to return to the original topic, I really hope that there are no romantic supports (if that's what S-rank means in this context) between Kamui and any of his or her eight siblings, adopted or not.

The game has been so obsessed with symmetry so far that I expect them to be the same age, although FE often plays its ages close to the vest so it's entirely possible we'll never find out (though, given their pasts, it's more likely we learn their ages than most, I suppose).

Also to return to the original topic, I really hope that there are no romantic supports (if that's what S-rank means in this context) between Kamui and any of his or her eight siblings, adopted or not.

How likely do you think this will actually be the case?

BEcuase it seems the majority of players who picked up FEA enjoyed the S rank marriage/romance thing