This game has an insane replay value

......and I just can't carry on with just a single game file. I'd need like 9000 of them. I keep getting caught into using many characters (and by "many", I mean just above the deployment cap). Limiting yourself to using something like...say, 4 pairs or 10 characters total sounds kind of hard when you have a reason to use all of them. And grinding isn't my thing, which would at least allow to to train everyone and stuff.

Still love this game, bby. ;.;

I know, right?

This is one of my favourite games, and by far my favourite for the 3DS. I really wish there were more save slots, I keep having to save over my files so I've never get to the point where I could beat the harder DLC's like Apothesis or R&R 3.

After having the game for 2+ years, I still return to it every once and a while. I'm still working on getting all of the S-supports.

*Joins in on the Awakening replayability appreciation*

It's the game's greatest strength, folks. Take advantage of it and play the game.

FEI is gonna have like 15 or something like that.

Source?

Yeah, 3 save slots is way too few. Thank goodness FEI is gonna have like 15 or something like that.

You mean FE:If? It only has the maximum amount of 9 save slots. However, you will start with 3, and get an additional 3 with each DLC paths you purchase.

Its actually supposed to have about 9. (FE14 that is)

(and i think thats overkill tbh)
With the Avatar Logbook, you dont need a gajillion save slots anyway.

I agree the game has massive replay value and its why its number 2 on my highest playtime records on my 3DS. (number 1 is Animal Crossing)

Hacking the 3DS or buying a save dongle gets you infinite save slots.

I have 699 saves in my dropbox.

Each with 3 save slots.

Screwing around with RAM hacking with that resource is uber fun.

Did you a) play the Paralogues, b) get any S supports, c) open the Wireless menu, d) get any DLC or e) play Lunatic(+)?

The main story by itself isn't too interesting after a run or two- you really need to use the extras.

Edited by Czar_Yoshi

a) yes

b) yes

c) yes

d) yes

e) yes

My main issue stems from feeling like I was able to do almost everything the game had to offer on my first (Hard/Classic) playthrough.

My two subsequent playthroughs were to beat Lunatic/Classic and Lunatic+/Classic (with the side goals of trying to make interesting 3rd gen Morgans).

Since then, I haven't yet felt like wanting to go back to this game.

To elaborate: with other FEs, I feel that I can use a completely different team every run through, but with Awakening, there was enough leeway in Hard/Classic to try out every character, train them to a decent level, then marry them off.

On the opposite end, Lunatic+/Classic felt too restricting in terms of character choice (though perhaps this simply shows that I am just not good enough to make things work!)

I hope I explained my perspective well enough!

You might want to try to play hardmode with certain restrictions, for example no event tiles/barracks, logbook, renown, bonus box, S ranks, only male/female. I didn't do it myself that much but these are the ones coming to mind immediately. Be creative! :D

I appreciate that you went to the trouble of listing some possibilities, but I'm afraid that restricting myself has never appealed to me.

Thank you, nevertheless!

You mean FE:If? It only has the maximum amount of 9 save slots. However, you will start with 3, and get an additional 3 with each DLC paths you purchase.

Oh, the TOTAL is 9? that makes more sense, but I could've sworn I saw that it started with 9 and added more with each DLC path.

Oh, the TOTAL is 9? that makes more sense, but I could've sworn I saw that it started with 9 and added more with each DLC path.

Nah, you weren't imagining things. Just different sites reporting things in a different manner.

But I'm 99% sure it's 9 saves maximum. The Famitsu interview says you get a "max of 9 chapter saves".

I got this game last fall and I'm still going strong at it after 5 full playthroughs. Definetely my vote for the best 3DS game that is unless FE if trumps it which could be a possibility. Nonetheless its one of my favorite Fire Emblem games if not just video game period for the replayability aspect of it. Children units, Quality DLC (which is rare these days), unique child dialogue in Future Past DLC, support convos as well as different S supports and MU asset and flaws. Oh and classes and skills is awesome as well. Not to mention the four difficulty settings and casual/classic option. I could go on and on.

Its actually supposed to have about 9. (FE14 that is)

(and i think thats overkill tbh)

With the Avatar Logbook, you dont need a gajillion save slots anyway.

I agree the game has massive replay value and its why its number 2 on my highest playtime records on my 3DS. (number 1 is Animal Crossing)

What does the Avatar Logbook let you do?

Hacking the 3DS or buying a save dongle gets you infinite save slots.

I have 699 saves in my dropbox.

Each with 3 save slots.

Screwing around with RAM hacking with that resource is uber fun.

);

All you need is an SD card, right?

My main issue stems from feeling like I was able to do almost everything the game had to offer on my first (Hard/Classic) playthrough.

My two subsequent playthroughs were to beat Lunatic/Classic and Lunatic+/Classic (with the side goals of trying to make interesting 3rd gen Morgans).

Since then, I haven't yet felt like wanting to go back to this game.

To elaborate: with other FEs, I feel that I can use a completely different team every run through, but with Awakening, there was enough leeway in Hard/Classic to try out every character, train them to a decent level, then marry them off.

On the opposite end, Lunatic+/Classic felt too restricting in terms of character choice (though perhaps this simply shows that I am just not good enough to make things work!)

Glad to know you have reasons behind it. o:

You might want to try to play hardmode with certain restrictions, for example no event tiles/barracks, logbook, renown, bonus box, S ranks, only male/female. I didn't do it myself that much but these are the ones coming to mind immediately. Be creative! :D

That's what I tend to do. "Restrictions", of some sort. It's pretty much the way I usually play. I've been doing No Pair-Up runs, lately. Makes the game a bit (significantly...?) more interesting and fun. I also try to apply myself and THINK a little more. The first runs were usually just use Pair Up and pretty much anyone was a phocking beast.

Fair enough.

All FE games do have replay value, yes. I won't deny that much. However, this game's replay value easily stands out, hence "insane replay" value.

What does the Avatar Logbook let you do?

You can save your Avatars to it by updating. And on subsequent playthroughs, summon that Avatar (it costs gold) to join your team like an Einherjar unit. You can save your Avatars that way. Its how people have done runs using only Avatars.

It's replayability is the only reason why I have it listed as my favorite. It's going to be in my head far longer than the others I've played. That merits some praise.

I have over 400 hours of gameplay logged in and that is really amazing. I never thought a Fire Emblem game would give me so much enjoyment. I was so hyped for Awakening in pre-release and it did not disappoint.

Edited by King Gilgamesh