Picture from Famitsu's 27th of May showing. [New and Exclusive Characters!]

Rizziah

The Kanji used in the description is not one used for admiration, I'll say this much.

Is it 恋心? Yeah I didn't think so, not sure of the word but I got a feeling with my limited kanji knowledge. XD

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Movement growth is awesome, though I could totally see people trying to RNG abuse for it. It'd definitely need to have a cap (say, 1 above base) on it to prevent that.

They didn't really limit it in Thracia so I dno why they would here.

Wow I meant to say Thracia but oops.

GBA has it in the levelup window but of course there isn't Movement Growth, so I'm not sure if we should interpret it as a Thracia returning mechanic, or a GBA style status window with regards to levelups and uniformity

That's hilarious because combined with his personal skill it means he'll have negative critical evade.

Localization should change his name to Kenny because he'll be getting critted to death every chapter

Negative critical evade triggers an underflow error and Harold can never be crit lol.

Although I'm sure the developers are intelligent enough to put a simple if < 0 then 0 in there.

I have a serious question about the class change/class upgrades that I just cannot wrap my mind around.

Okay, so we know that Master seals act the same way as in Awakening, bringing the unit's level back down to 1 in the promoted class. But since Parallel seals, unlike Awakening, do not lower your level nor allow you to demote to an unpromoted class, aren't you essentially stuck in one path forever?

Take the following scenarios I have from my reasoning/understanding of this:

a.) Unit with unpromoted class promotes with a master seal at level 10, is now a level 1 promoted class -> class levels to level 16 in promoted-class (say they over-leveled by 1) -> Parallel seals at level 16 of the promoted-class, but since their level does not change, it is essentially a useless change since they cannot get the level 5 or level 15 skill of the class when level 16 of a different class.

b.) Unit with unpromoted class uses a parallel seal at level 10 -> becomes another unpromoted class -> possibly does not get level 1 or level 10 skill of this new unpromoted class.

c.) If they do give us the skills of the class as long as the level number is met, users will abuse this system and just use 2 or 3 parallel seals in succession after the unit hits level 10 unpromoted to get all the skills in their unpromoted tier, and do the exact same thing of using 2 or 3 parallel seals in a row when the unit hits level 15 promoted.

Edited by squkyshoes

The Samurai class is a foot swordsman?

Come on. At least put them on horses.

Why would that make any sense... Samurai were pretty much royal guards, so why would they need horses in a palace? Samurai are just Myrms given a different name.

Is it 恋心? Yeah I didn't think so, not sure of the word but I got a feeling with my limited kanji knowledge. XD

it's 恋 which pretty much is only used in romantic contexts

Negative critical evade triggers an underflow error and Harold can never be crit lol.

Although I'm sure the developers are intelligent enough to put a simple if < 0 then 0 in there.

Tell that to my Soren in PoR Maniac with 255 crit Thunder

Seriously though, I wouldn't be surprised if they actually allowed for negative crit evade. It seems like Harold's luck growth is horrible enough that he'd be at < 5 luck for a long time, and his skill's drawback would never be in effect if crit evade could never go below 0.

Edit: Actually nvm +crit evade could be a common early support bonus, I remember seeing 必殺回避 +5 in one of the trailers

Edited by Bovinian

Is Hinata saying "You seem like a good person despite what Lord Takumi was saying. That's a relief."? Come on Takumi, distrust is one thing, but there's no reason for slander.

More likely, it's "You seem like an even better person than what Lord Takumi told us! Awesome!"

It's super vague.

The in-game description just says it has exceptional speed and avoid.

Famitsu's descriptions says it can deal damage through "fabulous continuous attacks" (really loose translation), which basically reminds me of Astra.

I think Kazahana's Flowing Strike skill could be a renamed Astra.

I was hoping you could clarify but thanks. And yea, it sounds very similar to Astra to me too.

If it isn't difficult then why is it being brought up so often?

While I do think they look more androgynous than recent games, mostly due to their hair, I feel like a lot of the confusion is due to people focusing on faces. If I only looked at the faces of all those characters I could see it being confusing.

Oborro's the only one who is truly confusing. Tsubaki was only confusing because of his class. I think he obviously looks more like a man than a woman, but for the last several FE games all Pegasus Knights had been women so that confused people.

I think if you look at the image of Hinata on the page showing leveling up his manly features/build sticks out more. Plus he's wearing pants, something female swordmasters where less on average.

Jesus, Rinka is ripped as fuck o:

Elise's portrait is really cute.

I feel like Rinka might be the most toned unit we've ever had (at least in american FE games). Sure other people have had bigger muscles, but when it comes to being ripped...yeesh. Will be disappointed if she never gets to wield an axe with those things.

I feel like Rinka might be the most toned unit we've ever had (at least in american FE games). Sure other people have had bigger muscles, but when it comes to being ripped...yeesh. Will be disappointed if she never gets to wield an axe with those things.

Her map sprite is holding an axe, I'm sure she can use axes.

More likely, it's "You seem like an even better person than what Lord Takumi told us! Awesome!"

Hmm...Using "yorimo" over "yori" is an odd choice if they're going for comparison, and "yokatta yokatta" I generally see for relief or assurance (I'd expect something more like "suge-!" for exclamatory praise). I guess it's possible though.

I have a serious question about the class change/class upgrades that I just cannot wrap my mind around.

Okay, so we know that Master seals act the same way as in Awakening, bringing the unit's level back down to 1 in the promoted class. But since Parallel seals, unlike Awakening, do not lower your level nor allow you to demote to an unpromoted class, aren't you essentially stuck in one path forever?

a.) Unit with unpromoted class promotes with a master seal at level 10, is now a level 1 promoted class -> class levels to level 16 in promoted-class (say they over-leveled by 1) -> Parallel seals at level 16 of the promoted-class, but since their level does not change, it is essentially a useless change since they cannot get the level 5 or level 15 skill of the class when level 16 of a different class.

b.) Unit with unpromoted class uses a parallel seal at level 10 -> becomes another unpromoted class -> possibly does not get level 1 or level 10 skill of this new unpromoted class.

c.) If they do give us the skills of the class as long as the level number is met, users will abuse this system and just use 2 or 3 parallel seals in succession after the unit hits level 10 unpromoted to get all the skills in their unpromoted tier, and do the exact same thing of using 2 or 3 parallel seals in a row when the unit hits level 15 promoted.

I suggested that there could be a mechanic that allows a unit to learn skills he/she may have missed in this way, similar to the Move Relearner in Pokemon. A hypothetical item that lets you do this would probably exist only in limited quantities during the main campaign, or might be limited to once per character, or something.

Sky Soldier, on 27 May 2015 - 3:49 PM, said:snapback.png

Hmm...Using "yorimo" over "yori" is an odd choice if they're going for comparison, and "yokatta yokatta" I generally see for relief or assurance (I'd expect something more like "suge-!" for exclamatory praise). I guess it's possible though.

I may have been embellishing with the 'awesome,' but よりも is definitely used for comparison. For instance, I see all the time ”思ったよりも.。。” or "It is ... than I thought."

Why would that make any sense... Samurai were pretty much royal guards, so why would they need horses in a palace?

Do you seriously believe the samurai were required to fight on foot?

Samurai are just Myrms given a different name.

And that's nothing impressive.

I am loving Harold already. Hero of Justice archetype plus crits all over the place.

Seriously, his personal skill is basically to ignore enemy luck, plus he can promote to Berserker meaning he gets Gamble and/or Wrath and on top of that dual support bonuses. He's a killer Axe away from being the second coming of Rutger.

That's not comparison, that's contrast (which is technically a type of comparison so I probably should have been explicit in what I meant). As in I think he would use "yori" if Takumi praised Kamui and "yorimo" if he didn't.

I am loving Harold already. Hero of Justice archetype plus crits all over the place.

Seriously, his personal skill is basically to ignore enemy luck, plus he can promote to Berserker meaning he gets Gamble and/or Wrath and on top of that dual support bonuses. He's a killer Axe away from being the second coming of Rutger.

Complete with cut-in closeups of his giant shit-eating grin.

"FOR GREAT JUSTICE!"

This is interesting. Maybe the trade-off for parallel seal abuse is that the seals are expensive/difficult to hoard?

I could see it working like in b), where you only acquire skills when you level up, not by using a seal. In that case, the only long-term benefit of pre-promotion parallel seals is, I guess, weapon experience in the different class tree? Or picking which lv 10 skill you want over others.

That's what it looks like so far. It seems characters simply get one two skills from an unpromoted class and two skills from a promoted class.

As others have mentioned, there may be a method of getting missed skills or perhaps the return of skill scrolls. Otherwise why would we have 6 skill slots for everyone? Hey maybe Second Seals still exist but in limited quantities so only a few characters can reset their level a gain more skills .

Edited by Aurath8

Do you seriously believe the samurai were required to fight on foot?

And that's nothing impressive.

I'd think Japanese people are better equipped to name classes using elements of their own goddamn culture than you.

Huh so Axe Fighters promote to Berserkers instead of Warriors?

Lmao -2 Luck after promotion...poor Harold.

Hero confirmed for best promotion for Harold. (I believe it is the Berserker class that gave him -2 luck)

Edited by Monado Boy