Nintendo Direct 31st May: Possible FE if info?

VincentASM

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seeing Kamui run around in a city like that reminded me of Shining Force really hard.

Not really Shining Force...maybe more like Suikoden, with your party members being involved for everything?

Fun fact: Severa's name in the Japanese version of Awakening was Serena which could also be written as Selene who was the Greek goddess of the Moon. The name of the equivalent goddess in Roman mythology? Luna.

~Conspiracy Theory~

POSSIBLE?

2e902e6d5c30bf2c7e0fef8f47284105.png

Why hasn't this been posted yet?

Oh BTW good job on recycling Severa's design there,IS. And Charlotte is so well dressed.

Sarcasm over.

I feel like 80% of FE14's problems are with character design. Makes me wonder why they kept Kozaki around...

Actually, I'm really getting the impression that if is really taking after Gaiden.

Two nations: one a peaceful and bountiful land, the other a barren war-like country (Sofia vs. Rigel and Hoshido vs. Nohr)

Weapons have infinite uses.

Explorable town-like place outside of combat.

Two MCs are the prince and princess of the two respective nations.

I do dislike the face rubbing, but besides from that i see no problem with my castle. And I don't get the fear of what face rubbing might represent for FE or think that this ruins the series or is a product of a horrible new direction. The basic concept is fine for me It is interacting with your characters in your house, I see no problem with that it just seem that someone suggested touch screen interaction and this was the logical conclusion. It is just a mis-executed feature to me. Pretty much every game i played has one or two features i dislike, or thought were badly done or executed , i don't see what makes this different.

Edited by goodperson707

Actually, I'm really getting the impression that if is really taking after Gaiden.

Two nations: one a peaceful and bountiful land, the other a barren war-like country (Sofia vs. Rigel and Hoshido vs. Nohr)

Weapons have infinite uses.

Explorable town-like place outside of combat.

Two MCs are the prince and princess of the two respective nations.

Next, they'll bring back Gaiden's explorable dungeons, perhaps? <.<

I will note, that in Gaiden, Sofia was politically corrupt, and overly reliant on Mila.

Next, they'll bring back Gaiden's explorable dungeons, perhaps? <.<

I will note, that in Gaiden, Sofia was politically corrupt, and overly reliant on Mila.

Yeah, but on the surface they were the peace-loving goody-two-shoes. Maybe Hoshido also has the same problem that Sofia had?

Once you complete a battle against another player, they will leave your My Castle. During battles held at your My Castle, you (or your opponent) can destroy buildings. However, once the battle ends, the buildings will be restored to their former state.

Aww... I want to destroy someone's weapon shops....

Not really Shining Force...maybe more like Suikoden, with your party members being involved for everything?

Well it's more because Shining force is a T-rpg that had you explore many cities among others things. And it was just a first impression, it's actually nothing like it:p

What an absolute waste of amazing 3D models on some pandering(oh how I hate this word) garbage as face rubbing. I dont want to be one of those guys, but the FE franchise is going somewhere I'm not willing to follow.

I'm trying not to think too much about it myself, honestly, because I can't say I disagree.

So anyone seen those battle animations? Ryouma doesn't fight like a swordmaster! Dramui impales people with shornyukens, Aqua's battle stance is lovely, and Oboro's attack looks gorgeous. Seeing a Naginata in action makes me wonder how they're supposed to be weaker than lances even more, though.

Edited by Cysx

I feel like 80% of FE14's problems are with character design. Makes me wonder why they kept Kozaki around...

I have no problem with the designs of either game. But Severa with different hair color is lazy and a chick pushing her boobs together is so blatant they might as well give her nipple plates.

Thanks for the info @sforzur. Two questions, since I'm unclear about these things:

1. Is it confirmed that the Capsule Monster is locked to My Castle battles and cannot be used in the main campaign? That would make the mechanic rather half-baked.

2. What are the differences between Nohr and Hoshido My Castle? Can you get experience in both?

Glad to be of assistance!

1. This is not addressed, but by the sheer fact that it is an ally and not a controllable comrade, I would assume it is exclusive to My Castle battles.
  2. Nohr's path will not reward experience for its My Castle battles; the values shown reflect Hoshido alone. The narration does not address differences between the actual battles (If there are different victory conditions or map layouts, etc.), nor do we seem be shown multiple, so I can't answer much more than that. I'm sorry.

Does anyone have a translated pic of the Hubba tester?

3Ls7cM7.png

Kamui ➝ Sakura: Best partner

Kamui ← Sakura: Wants to nestle cheeks

Hubba: "A relationship so good that their parents would be surprised!"

I'd like to note that that none of this has a romantic undertone.

Well, IS told us that there would be no world map in Nohr but if they have this weeaboo world map with face touching then I now know that the fire emblem series has changed for the worse. Now it's just some waifu harem shit where you can stroke waifus and go into the hot springs with them.

I get where you're coming from, man but why obsess over optional features. I doubt these addition will affect the story in any way.

Glad to be of assistance!

1. This is not addressed, but by the sheer fact that it is an ally and not a controllable comrade, I would assume it is exclusive to My Castle battles.
  2. Nohr's path will not reward experience for its My Castle battles; the values shown reflect Hoshido alone. The narration does not address differences between the actual battles (If there are different victory conditions or map layouts, etc.), nor do we seem be shown multiple, so I can't answer much more than that. I'm sorry.

3Ls7cM7.png

Kamui ➝ Sakura: Best partner

Kamui ← Sakura: Wants to nestle cheeks

Hubba: "A relationship so good that their parents would be surprised!"

I'd like to note that that none of this has a romantic undertone.

Ah, the fact that you don't gain experience in Nohr makes sense. Also, is the Hubba guy (obviously not Hubba himself) a dragon too? He has red eyes just like Kamui.